(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Facing same problem as u. Haha. My mum ask me try to off the aircon let bb try different temperature to zz at noght. Tdy i will try. My bb active from 12am - 4am... Really tiring leh. Urs is whole night??
Me too. So now I follow bb sleep patterns. I sleep during day too.

@yew yew & @ isenggirl

I think this's one of their "after service" support haha . I delivered in KKH and they called me too! And when I go back to gynae to remove the stitch the staff come to me and ask about post natal desperation question. Luckily still between normal range! If not they will ask me to go back KKH for mentality treatment lol..
Me also KKH patient, how come nobody call me to check whether bb and me ok or not:(

Lazy me have been dragging my pump session..supposedly 3hourly, now day time i drag 7hrs without latch or pump. 50% decrease in supply, oooopppps! Need to restart the session again to slowly increase. Sigh~ tiring regime gg start all over again.":eek:

Today I went to polyclinic for jaundice test. I brought letter from NUH and also cos baby only 10 days old...was given priority queue.
But still have to go to different levels...different rooms...to have blood taken, nurse & doctor consultation... quite tiring. Whole process taking around 2 hours.

I was thinking of bringing my LO to Polyclinic to test for jaundice. I was told that NB have priority queues. Now, after reading your experience, I think we will go back to Mt A lab to do blood test.

Lazy me have been dragging my pump session..supposedly 3hourly, now day time i drag 7hrs without latch or pump. 50% decrease in supply, oooopppps! Need to restart the session again to slowly increase. Sigh~ tiring regime gg start all over again.":eek:
7hrs!?!? How u tahan? I wish I can leh. But now bcos of the infection, no choice but guai guai pump 3hourly. Hope the infection can clear soon..

I was thinking of bringing my LO to Polyclinic to test for jaundice. I was told that NB have priority queues. Now, after reading your experience, I think we will go back to Mt A lab to do blood test.

I went polyclinic and was given priority Q. Jaundice draw blood took 5mins. Waiting time was still okay leh. All in all 1-1.5hr though. i thot its normal coz my gynae appt also took ard that long..

@BubsandBloms, hope ur bb will get well soon. I too was discharged earlier than my bb for few hrs due to his jaundice test but luckily he passed it n I went to pick him up on the same evening ytd. Don't worry, jaundice is v common. I failed territory latching in hospital n they actually wanted me to stay anther night while waiting for his test results but I refused to. I was still facing prob now coz only have colostrum but no milk. Pumped for half an hr each side but nothing. I just supplement bb with formula coz can't bear to see him go hungry n I think if I don't rest well I won't be good to look after him. I think if there's jaundice it's impt to let him poo n pee more. Jiayou!

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope tomorrow can pick baby up already.
Yes, actually, I wanted to try Total BF, but on the day when I receive news about the G6PD and Jaundice, nurses and gynae advised me to switch to mixture of BF and Formula Milk. So now, I'm doing it, cos they said Jaundice baby are weaker and dehydrate easier. And today, since i'm separated from LO, he's on Total Formula for today. Tomorrow, hopefully when I pick him up, he will return to Total BF.

I have a question however, I am down with flu. Am I still able to BF my LO? Is it safe?

Yes, actually, I wanted to try Total BF, but on the day when I receive news about the G6PD and Jaundice, nurses and gynae advised me to switch to mixture of BF and Formula Milk. So now, I'm doing it, cos they said Jaundice baby are weaker and dehydrate easier. And today, since i'm separated from LO, he's on Total Formula for today. Tomorrow, hopefully when I pick him up, he will return to Total BF.

I have a question however, I am down with flu. Am I still able to BF my LO? Is it safe?

How high is his jaundice? Mine was below 200 for day3/day5/day6.. need monitoring but dun need treatment.. I also mix BF and formula..

@BubsandBloms , yup can still continue to bf... :) hope tmr bb discharge!!

@cool_y2 , need to sun bath bb 2x a day.. By right need 100 & below to be considered cleared of jaundice(polyclinic doc)

@highness maybe cos i producing lesser milk, so nv leak n not heavy even after 6hrs.. I can even go shopping even realising i need to rush home to pump/bf bb lor. Sigh~ enjoy but suffer too haha

How do you maintain the jaundice level to below 200?
Mine today tested 212... :(

I was told just keep feeding bb 3hrly.. let her pee more frequent..

I went polyclinic and they said below 100 is good, but also said as long as not increasing from day3-5, its fine. Coz jaundice peak is at day4-5. Mine was 179-184-170, the last one was checked at hospital, and PD told me no need to do again just be sure my bb drinks 3hrly. If bb nv wake up by herself, must wake her up to drink..

Seems only required UV treatment if above 220?

How high is his jaundice? Mine was below 200 for day3/day5/day6.. need monitoring but dun need treatment.. I also mix BF and formula..

Eh weird. How come the figures you gave is so high. I think they use different units of measurement. Mine was 11.6 previously, then when we discharge today, it was 8.9.

Today just being my gal to see pd due to her red rashes.
After reviewed by pd, he said my gal having eczema..
She nowsdays keep crying till very loud, and sometime till no voice out... and sleeping wise also not that good.. keep awake. Make me very tired till my stitch getting pain.
Pd advise me to change the formula milk which contain H.A e.g. NAN H.A, ENFAMIL H.A, or SIMILAC H.A. But i couldn't find Enfamil or Similac H.A, at NTUC, Cold storage or Guardian, . Can anyone advise me where look for it..
I am very frustrated and sad,when my gal skin can be recover? i am really have no confidence to take good care of my little gal.

Ya i think possible different unit.. coz my colleague also told me hers is 1-2 digit kind..
PD told me if 2 digit, then need to multiply by 17. For example: my bb's reading was 15.7x17=266.
266 is very high, need to admit hospital. But PD told me to stop BF and give FM to bb for 3 days, hope the jaundice reading will drop.

She nowsdays keep crying till very loud, and sometime till no voice out... and sleeping wise also not that good.. keep awake. Make me very tired till my stitch getting pain.
Pd advise me to change the formula milk which contain H.A e.g. NAN H.A, ENFAMIL H.A, or SIMILAC H.A. But i couldn't find Enfamil or Similac H.A, at NTUC, Cold storage or Guardian, . Can anyone advise me where look for it..
I am very frustrated and sad,when my gal skin can be recover? i am really have no confidence to take good care of my little gal.

U can consider NAN HA.. Got sell at ntuc de... My #2 has eczema, on and off recover, went to NSC numerous times.
Try to use soap-free bath for baby, and also moisturise bb... Need take extra care of the area. :)

Cold storage have enfamil you probably need to go to few outlets to find it. Don't despair. This time is the hardest but it will pass soon. Just hang in there n most importantly be calm. Your LO will sense your vibes and become more upset.

I am considering goats milk powder for my LO surprisingly I can't find Karihome for infant stage anymore in Singapore. Any mummies have other recommendation?

Did you mummies sleep in air con room during confinement ? Also, how about baby? Actually, is baby scared of being warm or cold ma? Can they tahan air con?

Did you mummies sleep in air con room during confinement ? Also, how about baby? Actually, is baby scared of being warm or cold ma? Can they tahan air con?

Ya..my aircon is on 24/7...cannot tahan such ridiculously hot weather >_<

I usually have the temperature ard 25-26...and swaddle LO on the first week...and only swaddle at nite subsequently. Reason being, LO needs to stretch esp during day time... gonna remove mittens once past the 6th weeks mark.

I am considering goats milk powder for my LO surprisingly I can't find Karihome for infant stage anymore in Singapore. Any mummies have other recommendation?

My niece drinks pure goat milk after 1yr old. I think if infant, mostly take Isomil if they are avoid cow milk allgery.. :)

Better check with PD on that. But I won't risk it n may opt for FM if I'm sick. Anyways I still can't latch coz I've short nipples. So I use pump plus hand express to express milk n use syringe to feed bb. So far I find hand express much more useful to reducing engorgement as I massage at all angles to relieve the pain. But it took me an hour at least on each side.

I can't tahan the weather so I sleep in aircon room n so does bb. I on 28 degress with one vane. I even washed my hair n bathed coz I know I will go nuts if I don't. But I try to wear long sleeves and long pyjamas pants at night.

I sleep in aircon room 27deg. Bb room w/o aircon in a day but using fan, only on aircon at night.. I wear long sleeves and socks though..

Yes, safe to BF even when we are sick.

I pump pump pump also never increase my supply :( max 30ml each pump for both breast. Can latch on my LO for every hour but she never get enough. Should be my imbalance hormone problem..

Hi, can you describe how's the rashes look like and which part of the baby?
My boy also got rashes on his face and sometimes head too. It will go off after a while and then recur again. I m not sure if those are heat rash or eczema.

i usually pump once every 6 hrs ..my supply is more than i pump every 3 hrs le. but after pump i drink 4-8 glasses of water ..after about 4 hrs, then the breast start to feel full again. i also realize when i sleep on my side my breast get fuller faster and much fuller.

Usually i drink milk, milo, red dates tea, soup and fennel tea

I pump pump pump also never increase my supply :( max 30ml each pump for both breast. Can latch on my LO for every hour but she never get enough. Should be my imbalance hormone problem..
i was like you also. then my cousin's wife tell me to drink milk, my mum ask me to drink milo, LC ask me to drink fennel tea, CL boil soup n red dates tea for me. then i just drink. so now i yield about 100-120 ml each gap. after each yield, i will drink 1 bottle of water. then 4 hrs later i got milk again but usually i yield once every 5-6 hrs . in the day, i wil latch him and at night i will top up with formula and wake up at 12 am and 6 am to pump

I finally managed to latch my baby after like 2 weeks and previously was doing exclusive pumping only. After the massage lady drop by and she managed to unblock my ducts, baby managed to latch but she is latching like every one hour and doesn't seems satisfied and use the ebm to top up.

My baby is 3 weeks old and she is drinking 3oz... Is that ok or too low?

For reference.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1428868970492.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428868970492.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 201
Anyone has water retention after delivery? My feet are so swollen. Dun have much swelling during pregnancy. V funny.

Currently postpartum day 3. Engorgement sets in. started pumping ytd nite. Slowly yielding..from 1st pump 20 ml..now almost 50 ml for both sides in total. Taking red date water, milo, virgin coconut oil, fenugreek and milk. Hoping to boost supply.

I aso had water retention after delivery... Only subside after 5 days of massage... I aso din realise untill the ML told me. I read its quite common.. :)

@newbiemum80 , ya gov match 1for 1, but like not alot leh. Haha.
For polyclinic vaccine, from what i remember, if pay cash only like max 3 x. At most less den $250. But yes, need get appt...sometimes gt to queue for 45mins if theres lotsa nb who gets priority ahead... :)
-budget mum so no choice will go for cheap cheap alternative :p hehe

Hi Mums,

Anyone using medela bottles to feed baby? Did u notice baby tend to fuss and reject medela bottles? My babygirl accepts pigeon bottles better than medela ones. She will suck alot at the medela bottle but can't swallow all the milk.. Any advice? Shld i try avent bottles?

Anyone has water retention after delivery? My feet are so swollen. Dun have much swelling during pregnancy. V funny.

Currently postpartum day 3. Engorgement sets in. started pumping ytd nite. Slowly yielding..from 1st pump 20 ml..now almost 50 ml for both sides in total. Taking red date water, milo, virgin coconut oil, fenugreek and milk. Hoping to boost supply.
My water retention goes off by around day 3 post partum. I was perspiring by the bucket since i was discharged. By day 5 postpartum, i was quite exhausted and looking very skinny already >.< due to TBF

I got swollen feet during pregnancy.. now all back to normal immediately after I gave birth. How come opposite of urs hehe.. But I suffered enuf la.. happened from the start of my 2nd trimester.

Day 3 50ml very good. I think my day 3 was only 20ml total. My bb angry everytime latch on me.. i also try to drink as much, red dates, katuk leaves, milk plus from mother love, etc. I also drink water though..
lets encourage each other to boost the supply! :)

Hi Mums,

Anyone using medela bottles to feed baby? Did u notice baby tend to fuss and reject medela bottles? My babygirl accepts pigeon bottles better than medela ones. She will suck alot at the medela bottle but can't swallow all the milk.. Any advice? Shld i try avent bottles?

I think diff bb diff habit.. i was using philip avent initially but got leakage at times.. now using medela bottle n bb feeding pretty well. Opposite of urs..

I aso had water retention after delivery... Only subside after 5 days of massage... I aso din realise untill the ML told me. I read its quite common.. :)

@newbiemum80 , ya gov match 1for 1, but like not alot leh. Haha.
For polyclinic vaccine, from what i remember, if pay cash only like max 3 x. At most less den $250. But yes, need get appt...sometimes gt to queue for 45mins if theres lotsa nb who gets priority ahead... :)
-budget mum so no choice will go for cheap cheap alternative :p hehe
i m still thinking la. cos i also dont know if it is worth it to use CDA or not to pay for it

Hi Mums,

You can try to use premie flow nipple from Dr brown and it's compatible for pigeon bottle. The nipple flow very slow and allow your baby to swallow the milk.

i was like you also. then my cousin's wife tell me to drink milk, my mum ask me to drink milo, LC ask me to drink fennel tea, CL boil soup n red dates tea for me. then i just drink. so now i yield about 100-120 ml each gap. after each yield, i will drink 1 bottle of water. then 4 hrs later i got milk again but usually i yield once every 5-6 hrs . in the day, i wil latch him and at night i will top up with formula and wake up at 12 am and 6 am to pump

Yeah i drink milo, red dates, fenugreek too everyday but can't help.

Back