Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

I see it as my uterus expanding while backache as positive signs of continued pregnancy :D:D

Then whenever got chance, will try to lie down so that i will feel better.

As long as i am not spotting or bleeding, i wldn't think about it too much ;)

Errr... I guess so? Lol...this is my first pregnancy.. I read online and saw that alot of mothers-to-be are like that...

Can check with the rest of the ladies here since i think most of them already pass their first tri..

Errr... I guess so? Lol...this is my first pregnancy.. I read online and saw that alot of mothers-to-be are like that...

Can check with the rest of the ladies here since i think most of them already pass their first tri..

Yup awaiting for them to reply here too??

Thinking of working half day so won't be so xin ku when sit down. But if everyone feel like this then I perhaps won't waste leave

Hi mei,
maybe will check w doctor on 3rd june cause currently I dunno which doctor I will be seeing. I ate pepper crab today and fish and veg cause went my mum place and she cooked.
Hi, just to share, i was told by my tcm to avoid crabs since they feed on decay matters and they r the "cooling" food. And all shellfish as they carry high metals eg mercury...

Last edited:
Dear ladies, does anyone know if folic acid is meant to be continued throughout pregnancy? Forgot to ask my Dr last week. He prescribed me a multi-vitamins with DHA and didn't mention about the 5 mg folic acid/day.

Hi, its good to continue folic acid as it build more red blood cells to carry more oxygen around the body. my husband and i take it everyday even before conceive. Especially good for smokers (my husband)... since smoking depletes oxygen in body.

Every person their body is different some encounter backache some encounter pain in the lower abdomen area which is the uterus expanding. N is quite common Abt that. For my case I don't encounter backache except when slpping I think. I only encounter lower abdomen area pain coz the uterus is expanding to make way for bb. As long as no bleeding is ok

58796"]Every person their body is different some encounter backache some encounter pain in the lower abdomen area which is the uterus expanding. N is quite common Abt that. For my case I don't encounter backache except when slpping I think. I only encounter lower abdomen area pain coz the uterus is expanding to make way for bb. As long as no bleeding is ok[/QUOTE]

Canning ask..ur lower abdomen it is the left side pain. Currently just eat finishing n resting at Sofa. The belly bottom left which I think the abdomen,hurts

58796"]Every person their body is different some encounter backache some encounter pain in the lower abdomen area which is the uterus expanding. N is quite common Abt that. For my case I don't encounter backache except when slpping I think. I only encounter lower abdomen area pain coz the uterus is expanding to make way for bb. As long as no bleeding is ok

Canning ask..ur lower abdomen it is the left side pain. Currently just eat finishing n resting at Sofa. The belly bottom left which I think the abdomen,hurts[/QUOTE]

Eh probably is the uterus that is expanding that is causing the pain ba. Think last time my abdomen area is at the bottom whole area that is pain nv notice left or right. Maybe Ur bb head is at the left side that's why causing the pain ba haha

Canning ask..ur lower abdomen it is the left side pain. Currently just eat finishing n resting at Sofa. The belly bottom left which I think the abdomen,hurts

Eh probably is the uterus that is expanding that is causing the pain ba. Think last time my abdomen area is at the bottom whole area that is pain nv notice left or right. Maybe Ur bb head is at the left side that's why causing the pain ba haha[/QUOTE]

This type pain is on n off de right. So just wan to confirm before I imagine too much. Sorry asked so much

I do get pain in the tummy area like poking sensation ... did asked doc. He said its probably the uterus expanding , no cause for alarm unless it's unbearable..

Eh probably is the uterus that is expanding that is causing the pain ba. Think last time my abdomen area is at the bottom whole area that is pain nv notice left or right. Maybe Ur bb head is at the left side that's why causing the pain ba haha

This type pain is on n off de right. So just wan to confirm before I imagine too much. Sorry asked so much[/QUOTE]

Yup is on n off de not to worry so much just imagine bb growing n need space so Ur womb is making space for it

Hi
Dear ladies, does anyone know if it would be alright to drink home-made barley drink? It is on the cooling side, but I feel that my body is very "heaty", very uncomfortable.
Dear ladies, does anyone know if it would be alright to drink home-made barley drink? It is on the cooling side, but I feel that my body is very "heaty", very uncomfortable.
Hi, my tcm said it is a big NO for pregnant woman to drink barley

think it's considered cooling....but I did drink a couple of times in 2nd trimester and also a few days ago home brew water chestnut and sugarcane..

@straw1 actually 2 types barley from what I know...think he is referring to the Chinese pearl barley ..that one cannot drink but I think for the 'normal' western type barley should be ok in 2nd trimester and up in moderation..
my boss said take a little bit can help relieve water retention. ya..think depend on what type of barley (got big (china) and small one..) ---small one better?

@straw1 actually 2 types barley from what I know...think he is referring to the Chinese pearl barley aka job's tears ..that one cannot drink but I think for the 'normal' western type barley should be ok in 2nd trimester and up in moderation..

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1164-job's tears.aspx?activeingredientid=1164&activeingredientname=job's tears

http://www.tastehongkong.com/ingredients/jobs-tears-aka-coix-seeds/

Thanks for sharing.

Despite me sitting at Sofa at home,left side the belly below still hurts. Do u all experience.

Thinking if I shld go see doctor cause went work 2 days den sit until pain also

Last edited:
@Elizabeth Seo it's pretty normal for the pain, even in first trimester. Just monitor but if it's persistent get doctor's advise. As im having twins I always am having pain. I was always so worried & went in to see doctor. He asked me to relax & not worry so much.
I've bern having pain all day today also but trying to relax. Haha! And yes I work full time! I saw ur post earlier about working part time. If it makes u feel better u can switch. But once u are in second trimester is quite ok. Suddenly will have more energy! For me, despite having twins now I still have some energy. But I get exhausted by the end of my working day. Somemore must work 9.5 hours. Sigh!!
But pace urself & don't over stress.

@Elizabeth Seo it's pretty normal for the pain, even in first trimester. Just monitor but if it's persistent get doctor's advise. As im having twins I always am having pain. I was always so worried & went in to see doctor. He asked me to relax & not worry so much.
I've bern having pain all day today also but trying to relax. Haha! And yes I work full time! I saw ur post earlier about working part time. If it makes u feel better u can switch. But once u are in second trimester is quite ok. Suddenly will have more energy! For me, despite having twins now I still have some energy. But I get exhausted by the end of my working day. Somemore must work 9.5 hours. Sigh!!
But pace urself & don't over stress.

Now I walk also pain. .lay down no pain. Intend go see den perhaps can give me mc rest a day haha. Otherwise I will sleep n tale leave for tml.

U r in ur how many week?

Mine week 5 but stomach like super big. It is normal

Oh ladies, I been drinking barley since first trimester leh. It's my doctor who asked me to drink! Because I was vomiting so much due to MS, Dr Chieng felt is better I drink stuff like 100plus or barley to replenish my dehydrated body because I didn't like water tht much. But rule of thumb for any food or drinks, do it in moderation!

Now in second trimester, I drink barley once a week because we boil it in the centre for children. Will Help to soothe our heaty preggy bodies! Just don't drink too much. Moderation is key to anything!
Even fruits....I saw some ladies posting about restrictions. Actually nowadays doctors are pretty cool about diet. If in doubt just clarify with them. But if ur craving den pls eat tht fruit! Haha... Most fruits might be cooling & cause phlegm. So can moderate the intake but if ur dehydrated is better u take those high in water content e.g China pear or watermelon. It will allow for more amniotic fluid & keep ur baby happily swimming.

Most of all, enjoy ur food now! Only time we get to whack without worry :p

Now I walk also pain. .lay down no pain. Intend go see den perhaps can give me mc rest a day haha. Otherwise I will sleep n tale leave for tml.

U r in ur how many week?

Mine week 5 but stomach like super big. It is normal

Im at 22 weeks.... Hope all is well for u. Just rest more. Week 5 stomach will be like tht. Mine at 5-8 weeks was like I'm few months preggy! Doctor said I was having OHSS. Pretty common for ivf-ers

Im at 22 weeks.... Hope all is well for u. Just rest more. Week 5 stomach will be like tht. Mine at 5-8 weeks was like I'm few months preggy! Doctor said I was having OHSS. Pretty common for ivf-ers

OH ok...den when reduce away haha..my pants some cannot wear due to cannot button lo

Hi Elizabeth,

Like you and alot of mums-to-be, i felt very achy and uncomfortable ard my tummy And sometimes, whole body feels different, weird and uncomfortable... Felt hungry, yet not hungry, tummy rumbling for food but dont feel like eating... That kind of stuff...

Same as idazah, tummy felt bloated and hip size expanded as well.I think its really normal, so try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy :) time to go some shopping for bigger size clothes! ;)

Hi Elizabeth,

Like you and alot of mums-to-be, i felt very achy and uncomfortable ard my tummy And sometimes, whole body feels different, weird and uncomfortable... Felt hungry, yet not hungry, tummy rumbling for food but dont feel like eating... That kind of stuff...

Same as idazah, tummy felt bloated and hip size expanded as well.I think its really normal, so try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy :) time to go some shopping for bigger size clothes! ;)
my hip is expanding too....evening sickness + backaching at sleep + light cramp + LS .... my tummy dun seem to be big at wk 19...i am still wearing my usual clothing (but i am a plus size lady)

my hip is expanding too....evening sickness + backaching at sleep + light cramp + LS .... my tummy dun seem to be big at wk 19...i am still wearing my usual clothing (but i am a plus size lady)

How I wish I am same week as u soon. Hehe...at least 2nd trimester won't think think so much I drink alot of plain water cause lips very dry. The pain I feel is when I sit the whole day but lay down not much of pain. Two shoulder also aching.

Hi Elizabeth,

Week 5 symptom of vomitting not put yet right

How I wish I am same week as u soon. Hehe...at least 2nd trimester won't think think so much I drink alot of plain water cause lips very dry. The pain I feel is when I sit the whole day but lay down not much of pain. Two shoulder also aching.
every wk and mth, i am expecting diff patterns of discomfort...

How u all sleep ar in 1st trimester. Sleep face up or turn left side or right side

First trimester can sleep any position u like. For mi I slp facing down while I can, until my tummy start to grow I can't sleep facing down liao only left 3 position haha

my tummy seem to change at anytime of the day, sometime small (esp just wake up), sometime big (close to evening time)...muh....how i wish to feel the movement soon...

my tummy seem to change at anytime of the day, sometime small (esp just wake up), sometime big (close to evening time)...muh....how i wish to feel the movement soon...

Same..sometime I wan wake up go shower before work, was small. Den eat medicine n breakfast le den big back

Back