Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Still waiting for chr to call me back to confirm the dates.
u are meeting him on Wednesday right? U can decide then after seeing him. if your er and et are early July then should be under his care but not stim period.

Ya lo...I will discuss with Prof...n decide on wed...:D

Why cannot cash?

Bcoz nuh/nurses r collecting on behalf n thereafter to b mailed out to great eastern?if $ missing, is difficult to define who's going to take responsibility...imagine asking patient to pay again bcoz $ received not correct...
Is always safer to issue crossed cheque in scenario like tis...

Hi everyone

I jus failed my 5th iui and preparing to embark on the ivf journey. I have succeeded on my second iui attempt but unfortunately I had a mc =(

My first appt with Prof is in July so wonder how long do I have to wait before I start my journey.

I was feeling very down and cried many times when I was alone cos i felt no one around me understand my feelings - my loss, friends' pregnancy announcements... However reading this thread gave me hope again and I really admire you gals for all ur courage and determination.

Welcome...
U mus hav felt very alone...dun b sad ya..sayang...dun giv up...as long as we try, there's hope n chance...my mum was toking to me ytd...she told me if it's too difficult for me...jus stop...I told her I wont giv up...if I giv up,it means I walk away with nothing,it means I resigned my job n gav my career up for no purpose, it means i suffered the needlesss n pain aimlessly..it means I can't contribute to lky's legacy coz it will stop at me/hubby, no next generation to pass it on...to allow the legacy to strive on...everyone of us has a part to play...
Hehe...fight on ya...

Yupz...this is the only $ I complained abt for my journey...coz is compulsory...which made me felt compelled...Hehe...but I suppose there's a good reason for it...

This insurance covers Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) stay by babies. I don't know the exact coverage figure.

About 1 out of 4 non-single embryo transfers ended up in twins or more. About 60% of twins were born prematurely and many of them had to stay in NICU, which costs 1 to 2K per day at govt hospitals. 30-days stay will be 60K o_O So it's advisable to buy insurance to cover NICU stay just in case mother nature decides to surprise us with twins or triplets :D

Last edited:
This insurance covers Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) stay by babies. I don't know the exact coverage figure.

About 1 out of 4 non-single embryo transfers ended up in twins or more. About 60% of twins were born prematurely and many of them had to stay in NICU, which costs 1 to 2K per day at govt hospitals. 30-days stay will be 60K o_O So it's advisable to buy insurance to cover NICU stay just in case mother nature decides to surprise us with twins or triplets :D

1 out of 4 non single embryo transfer ended with multiples?woah...that's 25%...higher than iui success rate %...i did read through the coverage..hehe...rationally know that it's strongly advisable to get ourselves covered...emotionally felt compelled to coz et dun translate to bfp...n the ironical part was tt i received the letter from great eastern after my bfn bt...holding the letter in hand...tellin me tt "u r covered" for NICU tis cycle...:mad:o_O:confused:
I can only sing.."let it go,let it go" n put away the letters...hehe

1 out of 4 non single embryo transfer ended with multiples?woah...that's 25%...higher than iui success rate %...i did read through the coverage..hehe...rationally know that it's strongly advisable to get ourselves covered...emotionally felt compelled to coz et dun translate to bfp...n the ironical part was tt i received the letter from great eastern after my bfn bt...holding the letter in hand...tellin me tt "u r covered" for NICU tis cycle...:mad:o_O:confused:
I can only sing.."let it go,let it go" n put away the letters...hehe

What a reminder given by the letter...

That song is therapeutic, isn't it? ;) I sing to that song on youtube to release anger fumes sometimes!

Last edited:

Ya must 36 weeks I heard.. Else very expensive stay for babies n mummy

Welcome...
U mus hav felt very alone...dun b sad ya..sayang...dun giv up...as long as we try, there's hope n chance...my mum was toking to me ytd...she told me if it's too difficult for me...jus stop...I told her I wont giv up...if I giv up,it means I walk away with nothing,it means I resigned my job n gav my career up for no purpose, it means i suffered the needlesss n pain aimlessly..it means I can't contribute to lky's legacy coz it will stop at me/hubby, no next generation to pass it on...to allow the legacy to strive on...everyone of us has a part to play...
Hehe...fight on ya...

Thanks MonkeyChick... I really admire ur resolution! Ya I think all of us here r trying very hard to contribute to our Sg population! I have also stopped working to try for a bb. Though sometimes I will wonder if I jus not meant to become a mother but I really dun wan to regret in future that I din try hard enuff. Turning 36 this yr and ovarian reserve low so really have to jia you jia you.

Actually wat is the insurance thing abt? So everyone who goes thru ivf have to pay regardless if u will be staying on w NUH if BT positive?

Am thinking of gg to TCM to tiao my body. Anyone been to Thong Chai or Dr Zou Yumin?

Actually wat is the insurance thing abt? So everyone who goes thru ivf have to pay regardless if u will be staying on w NUH if BT positive?

Am thinking of gg to TCM to tiao my body. Anyone been to Thong Chai or Dr Zou Yumin?
Yup the insurance is based on no of emb transfer. 1 is 68.. 2 is 300 plus

What a reminder given by the letter...

That song is therapeutic, isn't it? ;) I sing to that song on youtube to release anger fumes sometimes!

Yupz...n can b quite comical at times...the song...coz k-variety there's quite a few who tried to mimic...everytime i hum it,i rem the comical guy...:D...

I was at thong chai for almost 2 yrs before I started western treatment at NUH.
The herbs have to boil from scratch. Sadly, it didn't help me & hubby at all.
There should be 2 sinsehs specializing in fertility. Please DONT ASK for sinseh Lu Jin Yan. I was under her, she not as pro as the other sinseh Lu. Once u see one sinseh, they don't allow u to switch so please choose the correct Lu.

I was at thong chai for almost 2 yrs before I started western treatment at NUH.
The herbs have to boil from scratch. Sadly, it didn't help me & hubby at all.
There should be 2 sinsehs specializing in fertility. Please DONT ASK for sinseh Lu Jin Yan. I was under her, she not as pro as the other sinseh Lu. Once u see one sinseh, they don't allow u to switch so please choose the correct Lu.

Thanks for highlighting! Think she's no longer w Thong Chai cos I dun see her name on the website.. What's the name of the other sinseh Lu? Did u have to q for a very time during each appt?

Yupz...n can b quite comical at times...the song...coz k-variety there's quite a few who tried to mimic...everytime i hum it,i rem the comical guy...:D...
I was being told by chr earlier that prof will not be in on July 2nd and 3rd. So if er and et fall on those days, will not be done by prof.

I was being told by chr earlier that prof will not be in on July 2nd and 3rd. So if er and et fall on those days, will not be done by prof.

Thanks for alerting!..likely I will start norE next cycle then..so that my fresh cycle will b in Jul/aug...

Thanks for alerting!..likely I will start norE next cycle then..so that my fresh cycle will b in Jul/aug...
Usually when is ur er after the stimulation start? She told me If my er falls on the 8th or 9th day then prof won't be doing it. I thought that is too early for er

Usually when is ur er after the stimulation start? She told me If my er falls on the 8th or 9th day then prof won't be doing it. I thought that is too early for er

~cd16...think I will check with Prof his schedule tmr...try to accommodate his schedule...if really cannt,leave it to fate bah...hehe

Last edited:
Thanks for highlighting! Think she's no longer w Thong Chai cos I dun see her name on the website.. What's the name of the other sinseh Lu? Did u have to q for a very time during each appt?
I just checked website. Alamak they use dialect names!
Don't get Loh Kin Yee.. The better one is Loh Kim Gek.
I usually go weekday after 3pm. Totally no q!!

Who's with the Thomson medical accupunture at NUH now? They don't give any herbal medicine?
I went for my first session yest ... had 7 day medicine

and I was surprised at the number of needles used .. 11 on tummy, 2 on each leg, 2 on each arm and 3 on head ... the last time i went for acupuncture somewhere else it was only 1 on tummy and 1 on each leg lol

mine's Dr Kuai Hong btw

Hi all,

It's been a while since I was following tis thread, but only juz decided to say hello!

My ivf journey:
Did 1 fresh; had 5 embryos - 5 fertilised, 2 transferred (bfn), 3 frozen
Did 1 frozen; 2 transferred (bfn)
Scheduled to do another frozen; embbie din survive thaw

Did another fresh; aborted halfway cos only 1 gd size and e other is small; changed to iui last min (bfn)

Waiting for clinic g appt now, so we can indicate we wanna go for next fresh.

Becos of e aborted cycle (it costs abt $5.5k), we are down to abt $2k of medisave. Meaning next rd of fresh, we are looking at paying $4k cash. It's really very high costs, so we'll stop once we used up all e govt grants...

Then e insurance thingy is oso super irritating. I so agree tat it's rubbing salt to e wounds when we receive e policy and we are not preggie... Pay $300 for nothing.

Veraine, how much does ur meds cost per day? Mine quite ex, as e TCM will boil e meds for me. Works out to slightly less than $20 a day for twice daily.

Hi all,

It's been a while since I was following tis thread, but only juz decided to say hello!

My ivf journey:
Did 1 fresh; had 5 embryos - 5 fertilised, 2 transferred (bfn), 3 frozen
Did 1 frozen; 2 transferred (bfn)
Scheduled to do another frozen; embbie din survive thaw

Did another fresh; aborted halfway cos only 1 gd size and e other is small; changed to iui last min (bfn)

Waiting for clinic g appt now, so we can indicate we wanna go for next fresh.

Becos of e aborted cycle (it costs abt $5.5k), we are down to abt $2k of medisave. Meaning next rd of fresh, we are looking at paying $4k cash. It's really very high costs, so we'll stop once we used up all e govt grants...

Then e insurance thingy is oso super irritating. I so agree tat it's rubbing salt to e wounds when we receive e policy and we are not preggie... Pay $300 for nothing.

Welcome to the thread.

Agree with you that all the ART treatments cost a BOMB! 15K medisave is certainly insufficient to pay for multiple attempts. The govt should increase the 15K medisave cap and allow us to use more money from our medisave to pay for ART treatments! Anyway medisave is still our own hard-earned money mah. o_O

The primary reason that is stopping me from quitting my stressful job or taking 1 year no-pay leave to improve my health is the expensive cost of the ART treatments ....

Last edited:

and I was surprised at the number of needles used .. 11 on tummy, 2 on each leg, 2 on each arm and 3 on head ... the last time i went for acupuncture somewhere else it was only 1 on tummy and 1 on each leg lol

mine's Dr Kuai Hong btw

After reading your post and chloe's post on the number of needles for acupuncture, I don't dare to try it:eek: Even during simulation, I only saw 2 needles per day.

mine's Dr Kuai Hong btw

I need to transfer to Dr Kuai Hong soon...Coz Dr Chen Fang on leave from Jul onwards...think is maternity leave..her stomach is rounded behind her desk....

Ya man...I was telling n joking with my Sis...if poke all needless tt I hav used for these years...I can b a porcupine alr

When u r having acu on ur back...will b whole stretch down to tail bone area...machiam porcupine...hehe

porcupinebabies1.png

After reading your post and chloe's post on the number of needles for acupuncture, I don't dare to try it:eek: Even during simulation, I only saw 2 needles per day.

No need scare...no need scare...rem?I'm the scaredy cat esp when I see needles or medical tools....I close my eyes n din feel anything...even facial more painful than acu...but certain acupoints ermmm near the tail bone can b uncomfortable coz go really deep but definitely bearable...:D

I need to transfer to Dr Kuai Hong soon...Coz Dr Chen Fang on leave from Jul onwards...think is maternity leave..her stomach is rounded behind her desk....

Ya man...I was telling n joking with my Sis...if poke all needless tt I hav used for these years...I can b a porcupine alr

When u r having acu on ur back...will b whole stretch down to tail bone area...machiam porcupine...hehe

This is really funny. Indeed we look like porcupines with our bloated belly and dozens of jab/acupuncture needles sticking on us!

Veraine, how much does ur meds cost per day? Mine quite ex, as e TCM will boil e meds for me. Works out to slightly less than $20 a day for twice daily.

Hi welcome onboard...I'm not Veraine but sharing my inputs ya....hehe
Thomson Chinese medicine cost ard $10.70..ard $11 per day for medicine...twice daily...powder form, jus mix with warm water n consume...

Eh no la... acu is not pain at all... I like it actually... very relaxing. I'd do it in my regular life if it wasn't so expensive and time consuming. The needles are really like super fine even thinner than the gonal f needle so is not much feeling one.

Do we get to choose the physician? So on top of the few hundred dollars for the acupuncture package, the medicine is separate cost?

Urh. I didn't take note of the details leh. Don't want to record how much money is spent :p

Was $500 plus that I paid for the package (6 sessions) and don't know for what the person was telling me.

Feels different! During stim etc the needles are meant to poke through the skin and more painful..

For acupuncture they seldom go through the layers unless they want to 放血, so will only feel 酸 when the needles are "turned" in

Eh no la... acu is not pain at all... I like it actually... very relaxing. I'd do it in my regular life if it wasn't so expensive and time consuming. The needles are really like super fine even thinner than the gonal f needle so is not much feeling one.
Oh and I used to have half hour sessions, now it's one hour long aiyoh

Diff to use phone also cos of the needles in the arms :(

What do you do to past time ah?

I try not to fall asleep cos when I do, in that position I tend to kick my legs! So will be super 酸 cos of the needles!

And I saw from the brochures at the TMC-TCM clinic (I'm quite amused at the name haha) they have fertility massage also.. Anyone tried it yet?

But a little troublesome to go down to TMC leh. So hard to park there.

Oh and I used to have half hour sessions, now it's one hour long aiyoh

Diff to use phone also cos of the needles in the arms :(

What do you do to past time ah?

I try not to fall asleep cos when I do, in that position I tend to kick my legs! So will be super 酸 cos of the needles!
Haha close eyes and rest la. I tell u my life is so hectic Im glad for any time I can take to just switch off and relax my mind. Meditate. Talk to God. Breathe.

Haha close eyes and rest la. I tell u my life is so hectic Im glad for any time I can take to just switch off and relax my mind. Meditate. Talk to God. Breathe.
But I really cannot stand how painfully suan it is with the sudden motion :(

Back