IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ya.. Will feel some bloatedness when doing stimulation

Do take eggwhite or protein.
Also, some ladies here take red bean soup to help with lining too.

Jia you!
Hi Faith-bb, how much egg white do i need to take in a day? At this point im taking 2 daily. Is that enough?

Hmm does Anyone knows when does implantation starts? I'm D9p2dt... my period supposed to report Tmr & today I spotted tiny dark red/brownish discharge... worried this cycle over for me..

Hi All, New to the forum. Just started on my IVF and on day 5 of injections. Anyone else here going to SGH for their IVF?
I'm going IVF counselling tomorrow at SGH. I'm thinking whether to try IVF. $$ is the big concern for me. Anyone can let me know the cash i need prepare if i opt to do IVF at SGH? The keyhole surgery that i done 2 months ago costed me over $7K

Hmm does Anyone knows when does implantation starts? I'm D9p2dt... my period supposed to report Tmr & today I spotted tiny dark red/brownish discharge... worried this cycle over for me..
Do you also experience any cramps or pains the last few days? I been having some few seconds stabbing pains that make me go woo and ahh..

Hi Faith-bb, how much egg white do i need to take in a day? At this point im taking 2 daily. Is that enough?
I know some quite extreme, take 4-6 or more eggwhite a day
Other than taking ensure or immuncoal.

I suppose take what u feel comfy with.
I took protein drink instead.
As and when if get to have breakfast at Ya Kun, I will take my half boiled eggwhites! :)

I'm going IVF counselling tomorrow at SGH. I'm thinking whether to try IVF. $$ is the big concern for me. Anyone can let me know the cash i need prepare if i opt to do IVF at SGH? The keyhole surgery that i done 2 months ago costed me over $7K
Snail88 and feenix I will be goin ivf Counselling on 10 June , I'm seeing dr Yu from sgh

Hi snail88, i think before you sign the consents to start the ivf, the checks and bloodworks will cost you a few hundred in total. Once you start, you need to fork out the cash for the injections first. The bloodworks and checks will be covered for by the government grant and medisave. At the end of the ivf, i was told to keep all the receipts and pass it to the nurse. If there is any more left from the grant and medisave (12k+ in total), they will reimburse the extra (cheque) for the medication in cash.

Personally as of now, i have spent about 2k+ for the injections (8 days worth of cetrotide and 1 elvona) and i will be going back on Thursday for a scan to see how well my follicles are growing before they decide what dosage i need. So give or take you probably need to have maybe 4-5k of cash in hand for now just to be safe? I'm not sure for the rest though. Seems like not a lot of people are taking elonva and cetrotide so it might differ.

Hope this helps =)

I know some quite extreme, take 4-6 or more eggwhite a day
Other than taking ensure or immuncoal.

I suppose take what u feel comfy with.
I took protein drink instead.
As and when if get to have breakfast at Ya Kun, I will take my half boiled eggwhites! :)

Wow 4-6 is a lot! Thanks for the info and good luck to you!!! =)

Hi cherylng, my counselling was in March. Initially mine was planned for June to start IVF but i managed to push it one month earlier to May. So around two months. Im with Doc Yu. Have you started?

I'm on short protocol actually. Taking Elonva, which is the one week jab plus daily cetrotide jabs.
Anyway, does anyone feel discomfort after taking the stim injection? Im getting like a bit crampy feelings plus bloating. Not too sure if this is normal
Hi Feenix - i hv done a few blood test & scans. my counselling is on this Thursday. 1st appt over @ care is end June. So was wondering when will the ivf proper begins...

Oh wow... Looks like a lot of technical terms here... I m really lost...
I went to my gynae last week becos of a pulling pain on the right side of my womb accompanied with a sudden trigger of blood. I tot I had a cyst rupture experience...
But turned out.. I am one of those ladies who are Super sensitive. I actually experienced my egg being released from the right ovary.
So hubby and I tot... Ok.. Then it should be a great time to try for a bb. BUT gynae said that it will not be successful becos my lining is too thin. :(
So was told to go for IVF straight due to my age. I am turning 40 next year.
Frankly... I really admire you ladies... I am very afraid to go through the whole process... Not sure if I am able to take the stress n disappointment. This will be my last year of trying for a bb.

I went to my gynae last week becos of a pulling pain on the right side of my womb accompanied with a sudden trigger of blood. I tot I had a cyst rupture experience...
But turned out.. I am one of those ladies who are Super sensitive. I actually experienced my egg being released from the right ovary.
So hubby and I tot... Ok.. Then it should be a great time to try for a bb. BUT gynae said that it will not be successful becos my lining is too thin. :(
Frankly... I really admire you ladies... I am very afraid to go through the whole process... Not sure if I am able to take the stress n disappointment. This will be my last year of trying for a bb.
Well, women are very strong creatures and give it a shot if you really want a bb. Coz no more subsidy after 40. You'll understand the terms along the way after you see Dr.

dot13 I share your feelings, but because we have a goal in mind, just focus on that goal. Don't worry too much about the process just follow the doctors & nurses instructions, you'll do good. Have confidence in yourself, it's all pretty simple & straight forward, I was super worried about ER Since it's my first time but I woke up feeling Great, no pain at all unlike What I've read so grateful to my Dr Matthew Lau for the wonderful job.
I started light spotting yesterday & I was really dejected but no choice at least I've tried. Woke up to a brand new day today.

No venture, no gain. Gambate!

Hi snail88, how's your counselling session? My is tomorrow. How long is it & any appointments made?

Started spotting at 9dp5dt, did a beta at 10dp5dt: beta undetectable :(
Going to stop all support...
This journey has been tough.

Hi everyone I'm new here. Had my iui last year December but unsuccessful... So going for ivf. Will be doin the counselling on 10june. can anyone share their experience... What should I expect in this ivf journey I am taking...
Hi are u with kkh?

dont get overly worried abt the terms etc :) just learn along the way and the nurses will guide you through.
for the pain, it is really not that bad. the first jab is always the hardest, after that, you will get through it nicely :)

So confused... Anyone went through similar symtoms before? Today is 10dp2dt, yesterday spotting advanced into light bleeding today. Soreness in boobs has subsided although areola remained dark. Pretty sure it's my period reporting. But my flow is still light & on & off which is weird cos norm my period is heavy flow with clots at the first few days. Also If I wipe a few times the blood trails also clears off which isn't the case for period right?? Tummy felt weird too..dunno how to describe it but the feeling made me feel kinda short of breath. Felt nausea yest afternoon & tonight. So many crazy thoughts went through my mind... Ectopic? Early miscarriage??? Cervix irritation due to preg suppositories?? Blood test not until 2 June...

So confused... Anyone went through similar symtoms before? Today is 10dp2dt, yesterday spotting advanced into light bleeding today. Soreness in boobs has subsided although areola remained dark. Pretty sure it's my period reporting. But my flow is still light & on & off which is weird cos norm my period is heavy flow with clots at the first few days. Also If I wipe a few times the blood trails also clears off which isn't the case for period right?? Tummy felt weird too..dunno how to describe it but the feeling made me feel kinda short of breath. Felt nausea yest afternoon & tonight. So many crazy thoughts went through my mind... Ectopic? Early miscarriage??? Cervix irritation due to preg suppositories?? Blood test not until 2 June...
Do call the ivf center and see what they say
They might allow early BT...

If you can tahan until 2 june you hv option to tahan.

At d10pd2t, you can possibly try a hpt and may get a faint response if positive. Cheap and easy way to address your doubt.

Or if you prefer you can go to a GP or anywhere and ask for the beta hcg blood test tomorrow and keep you sane.

No one knows for sure what is happening. It cld be lining starting to break, or positive but support not enough or AF coming. The support meds creates both a sanctuary for the embbies and havoc for our bodies.

I am hoping you get a nice positive. Good luck. http://

do you have shoulder ache etc? if so, do go to hospital. shoulder ache is a sign of ectopic pregnancy

Hi cycle buddy any symptoms for you? I don't Hv much symptoms since yesterday except sore boobs.. Are you going to poas?
Not much except my backache from right become left. Haa
Boobs not sore too..

Nope, don't plan to poas. Don't wan the stress plus Tmr going have final jab of pregyl too

U gg to? When? This weekend?

Boobs not sore too..

Nope, don't plan to poas. Don't wan the stress plus Tmr going have final jab of pregyl too

I don't dare to test.. So will wait next tue BT.. Cross all our fingers!

Hi snail88, how's your counselling session? My is tomorrow. How long is it & any appointments made?
HI Cheryl, if you decide to sign on for IVF i believe est 3 months from now can start IVF session. For my case, I had fix appointment with Dr Yu in Dec as i want to start IFV only next year...this buy me some time to do some savings. And if IVF is success .. need to prepare you might have twins. I decide to save a little bit more before i go for it as i do not want to worry abt $$ later. Hopfully I can able to start mine by next yr March if i start seeing Dr Yu in Dec.

Boobs not sore too..

Hi, are u w kk? Is it necessary to tk the pregnyl jab after ET?

Hi snail88, i think before you sign the consents to start the ivf, the checks and bloodworks will cost you a few hundred in total. Once you start, you need to fork out the cash for the injections first. The bloodworks and checks will be covered for by the government grant and medisave. At the end of the ivf, i was told to keep all the receipts and pass it to the nurse. If there is any more left from the grant and medisave (12k+ in total), they will reimburse the extra (cheque) for the medication in cash.

Personally as of now, i have spent about 2k+ for the injections (8 days worth of cetrotide and 1 elvona) and i will be going back on Thursday for a scan to see how well my follicles are growing before they decide what dosage i need. So give or take you probably need to have maybe 4-5k of cash in hand for now just to be safe? I'm not sure for the rest though. Seems like not a lot of people are taking elonva and cetrotide so it might differ.

Hope this helps =)
Hi Feenix, i hope everything work well for you. 8 days worth of medication already costed 2K +..wah...usually injection is about 4 weeks right?

Back