(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I pump half the amount on the other breast. Any solution or it's normal to have so much difference of output?

Mine also same.. my left one produces so much lesser than right one. That doesnt mean i produce alot to begin with.. sob.. still working hard.. so far only produce 40ml both sides. Must keep persistence! LO somehow prefers bm over formula.. she drinks bm faster.. anyone knows why? :)

Hi Girls,

Sorry this is gna be a long post. I'm currently doing confinement at my mum's. As she is inexperienced with baby care and works part time still, she is unable to render much help, making hubby and i on brink of exhaustion. We hired a CL who eased our burden but my mum felt threatened and jealous of her presence and made things difficult for nanny and giving me alot of mental stress each day. I cried almost ever other day and fear that i will develop depression.

Finally, hubby and i decided to move back to our own house this weekend. My mum took it badly and tried to dissuade us for fear of tongues wagging that her daughter moves out before one month. I am saddened that she does not consider me nor baby at all bt her own ego...

Jiayou. You and bb more important especially during confinement period.

Mine also same.. my left one produces so much lesser than right one. That doesnt mean i produce alot to begin with.. sob.. still working hard.. so far only produce 40ml both sides. Must keep persistence! LO somehow prefers bm over formula.. she drinks bm faster.. anyone knows why? :)
Same here. Leftie has lesser output. It is normal. Mine has no preference as long as it's milk! Haha

@Twirlycandy , u r not alone. Me at the first place asking my mum to stay to help me taking care of me and baby. Although I know I could not expected her to do much. But at least I could still have a little bit help from her. In the end, my mum did not even cook for me or wash dishes. I even need to do house chores, cooking for her and buy groceries. She only helped me to bath my baby. Other than that she only nagged me this and that. Last minute I ordered confinement food once a day for my own good. Then she talked that I am wasting money ordering that coz it is not cheap. But I was thinking if I do not ordered then I will suffer.

I also have problem with bf, coz my mum could not hear bb cry. Everytime bb cry she come to my room and said bb hungry le, need to feed him. She said my milk supply is not enough give him fm. I really want to try to tbf but she did not support me. Sometime my mum give him fm when I am away just for a while for groceries. I oso bo bian.
Hubby oso buay tahan with her. Coz she did not help me much and she talked too much. She always said that she has brought so many children oredy bla bla bla which is true. But how come I have enuf milk if I do not even have time to eat for my self?

Now I just get used to it since I still need her though not too much help. I still remember how I suffer from baby blues the first week when I discharged from hospital. I even regretting myself getting pregnant and having this baby. I was really tired to do all the stuff and taking care my baby plus hearing those negative words from my mum.

I just try to think positively at least my mum still helping me to bath my bb. Thats all.

You just take care yourselves, no need to think much abt ur mum. Sometime I oso feel v bad, locked myself at my room do not want to see my mum nagged here and that. I know she is not happy. But I oso still need my sanity. Lols

Jiayou. We all suffer the same. Totally understand your feeling. My mum nagged me over phone non stop when she know I preg to ensure I must hire a CL.

I know she just want to ensure that she no need help if she come stay with me during confinement. Coz she dint help much for my Bro's babies also.

I dun like to have a CL coz I know they will practise their old stupid belief like cannot bath must eat this and that, cannot do this and that. I prepare to bath after discharged.

Now waiting for c section scheduled on 31 may as advised by doc. He said bb too big and not down yet.

What I worry the most is the CL and mum will stay with me. Freedom sure gone and sure kena nagged. I feel i no need them. I can do everything myself. Truly dun hope for their helps. Haven't Inc mil into the picture. Vomit blood soon.

What can we do to prevent all these nonsense?

Just seen the gynae today for last appt. no signs of labour yet so he has arranged for me to be induced or have elective c sect on next Thursday if still no news from today till then. Baby is 3.5kg today. He is very neutral about it - says it's borderline weight as may be slightly lighter or heavier at birth, so I should think thru if I want to induce and risk emer c sect or just go for c sect. This is such a tough decision!

Hello happycsk. My doc told me c section is good for bb coz she dun need to go through the stress of passing thru birth canal.
As for cost, c sec can claim more fr medisave so quite the same as natural in the end.
I heard emergency c sec cost much more.

Jiayou. We all suffer the same. Totally understand your feeling. My mum nagged me over phone non stop when she know I preg to ensure I must hire a CL.

I know she just want to ensure that she no need help if she come stay with me during confinement. Coz she dint help much for my Bro's babies also.

I dun like to have a CL coz I know they will practise their old stupid belief like cannot bath must eat this and that, cannot do this and that. I prepare to bath after discharged.

Now waiting for c section scheduled on 31 may as advised by doc. He said bb too big and not down yet.

What I worry the most is the CL and mum will stay with me. Freedom sure gone and sure kena nagged. I feel i no need them. I can do everything myself. Truly dun hope for their helps. Haven't Inc mil into the picture. Vomit blood soon.

@positivelife, if ur hubby is hands on type, I think you can just do it u and hubby alone. Normally the more people involved the more conflicts and clash happened.

My mum and my hubby have conflicts. Hubby said she is not helping us and my mum said my hubby is too demandable. Lols. Me in the middle oredy curly hair with taking care of my baby.

Mine also same.. my left one produces so much lesser than right one. That doesnt mean i produce alot to begin with.. sob.. still working hard.. so far only produce 40ml both sides. Must keep persistence! LO somehow prefers bm over

@isenggirl , u can produce 40 ml for both sides oredy a lot. Mine the first week only produce less than 20 ml. Then now bb 3 weeks more I only produce 60 ml.
My bb drink fm faster than bm. Coz drink bm direct latching, if fm from bottle of coz faster lah

@positivelife, if ur hubby is hands on type, I think you can just do it u and hubby alone. Normally the more people involved the more conflicts and clash happened.

My mum and my hubby have conflicts. Hubby said she is not helping us and my mum said my hubby is too demandable. Lols. Me in the middle oredy curly hair with taking care of my baby.

Woah ur situation similar to mine . Haha ytd my sister and her family (from overseas) came to visit me. it was soooo crowded in the house. They planned to go out to walk around (of course w/o me and bb). And just before went out, my mom was trying to remind me not to do this, not to do that to bb. Rem this rem that. Til hubby and I felt its too much info already for us to absorb where certain things we both dun agree.. endep up I chase my mom and sis to go out quickly coz it was tooooo noisy..
while they were outside, both hubby and I felt sooooo much relax to take care of bb. We bathed her, chat wif her, fed her, so much interaction lor..

Of course this only works if hubby is hands on. Else we will suffer alone..

Okayy now i m pumping hehe. Later gg to bring bb for jaundice test again. her 3rd day jaundice level was 179. Doctor said just monitor first and bring her again today. Tml another appt with PD. Woahh if doing full confinement how to bring bb out for such appt ah??

Hello happycsk. My doc told me c section is good for bb coz she dun need to go through the stress of passing thru birth canal.
As for cost, c sec can claim more fr medisave so quite the same as natural in the end.
I heard emergency c sec cost much more.

Thanks for your advice. Actually it is a tough decision for me coz I've all along went with natural delivery and only at this 39 weeks appt gynae mentioned possibility of c sect. My own psychological barrier I guess lol. Still feel that I can do it naturally but hmm....I will probably get a last scan at tmc on thurs on baby weight before I make a final decision.

My mum was here recently and I have my CL with me. My mum drove me up the wall until I beh tahan and told her if you find any fault with her again I will sack her now and you take over. That shut her up. Haha...cos she knows it's not easy taking care of bb, mother, cooking etc. And waking up every 2-3 hours for night feed. Old people won't be able to do that, it's v taxing on them.

Btw for those who are using freestyle.. what speed setting u all normally use?
Hello!

Im using maximum speed for both stimulation and expression phase. Usually pumps for about 10 mins for both sides. The downside is if i do it on the bed, hubby will feel the vibrations and thought its an earthquake

My mum was here recently and I have my CL with me. My mum drove me up the wall until I beh tahan and told her if you find any fault with her again I will sack her now and you take over. That shut her up. Haha...cos she knows it's not easy taking care of bb, mother, cooking etc. And waking up every 2-3 hours for night feed. Old people won't be able to do that, it's v taxing on them.
Well, at least that shut ur mum up. For my mum, she cannot wait for us to sack the nanny so she can reclaim the throne as the mistress of the house. But the ironic part is she is not hands on at all with baby thats why we hired a cl very last min after i discharged. She monitors and spies on nanny everyday and bypasses hubby and i to give her instructions. She even referred nanny as a 'gong1 ren2' which utterly disgusts me. Haha

Last edited:
Mummies.. my right breast feel very pain last nite n today woke up with body aching. I let my boy latch on immediately. But now still feel feverish. Will this go away or do I need to see doctor?

Just went for post natal check at Irene Chua Clinic. Post partum week 2 now! Stitches have dissolved and uterus is looking clean and shrank back to almost pre pregnancy size which is good. What a relief! Bought vitamin c pills to boost my immune system so i can stay healthy for babygirl hope everyone is doing well!

My gal now 4 weeks 2 days. Nowsaday she did not slept well in the morning and afternoon. And keep crying to ask us carry till sleep. Once she sleep, we putting her at the bb cot, she will definetely wake up and cry again. Morever, she always throw out the milk after she finish drinking and wet her shirt or pyjamas.. and end up change cloth... pls advise what can i do to let her sleep well and not throwing out the milk so frequently.. thls

My phase is at Wk 3 now and I feeling the sign of what is expected for expected breast changes.

11109704_10153328154547090_7897184742730172425_n.jpg

If breast engorgement with fever, is it ok to give the milk to baby?
I'm not too sure although my gynae told me before antibodies would be passed to the little one. But i think certain medicine u take for fever may have an impact on breastfeeding. In that case, u should consult a doctor first. Do u have expressed milk? Perhaps feed baby w expressed milk meantime? Your situation sounds like a case of mastitis...

I'm not too sure although my gynae told me before antibodies would be passed to the little one. But i think certain medicine u take for fever may have an impact on breastfeeding. In that case, u should consult a doctor first. Do u have expressed milk? Perhaps feed baby w expressed milk meantime? Your situation sounds like a case of mastitis...

This morning I have let my baby latched on as I afraid that the engorgement will get worst if I didn't do so. My breast feel very pain when baby latched on. After that i pumped but very hard to come out.Now queuing to see doc.

Hi mummies,for those who are Buddhists, you may want to go to the temple and pray for your baby. Pray that he/she can sleep well. Perhaps get an amulet from the temple and put near the baby when he/she sleeps. Sounds like superstition but, sometimes we should believe it. During confinement my baby at one time,refused to sleep. Like what you all described, sleep in our arms and then once we put them down in their cot,they wake up. My CL, who was a staunch Buddhist, told my in-laws to go to the temple to pray for baby. The next day,she slept very well. Only woke up for feeding. Coincidence? Well,no harm trying. After all,praying is good.

Hope this helps!

If breast engorgement with fever, is it ok to give the milk to baby?

Yes, can jus continue bf. some mums only tk panadol to subdue the fever... But once ur sick, best to get enuff rest..u need back ur strength. Take gd care.. Nurse frequently so wont engorge if possible.

@yew_yew , okie, will go pray.. Hehe. Thanks fr the tip. My boy aso wan to be carried n cradle to zzz.. Sometimes jus need to latch to pacify him...so tiring hor..

My gal now 4 weeks 2 days. Nowsaday she did not slept well in the morning and afternoon. And keep crying to ask us carry till sleep. Once she sleep, we putting her at the bb cot, she will definetely wake up and cry again. Morever, she always throw out the milk after she finish drinking and wet her shirt or pyjamas.. and end up change cloth... pls advise what can i do to let her sleep well and not throwing out the milk so frequently.. thls

My boi 'stores' milk in his mouth. Sometimes after burping, 10mins later he will spit out milk too... I duno how to prevent bb from throwing out milk too..... Sigh~
Worse is wen kie bb down, suddenly will choke on his own saliver for no apparent reason.. So scary wen his face turn slight purple

My boi 'stores' milk in his mouth. Sometimes after burping, 10mins later he will spit out milk too... I duno how to prevent bb from throwing out milk too..... Sigh~
Worse is wen kie bb down, suddenly will choke on his own saliver for no apparent reason.. So scary wen his face turn slight purple

My baby also the same. I believe is norm for every babies. I told my CL I m so scare to see baby choke. She said is normal and try to lift the baby up right if he chokes.

Mummies, does anyone have cl to recommend pls?
Hey Girl, i turned to PEM confinement nanny agency cos very last min couldnt get any cl already. Recommended by my colleague. Cl came within 2 days and so far so good. $2550 for 28 days excluding welcoming and departure angbaos (up to ur discretion to give any amount)... Perhaps u could try calling them..

The 1st pump for me is when suddenly feel hard, or a leak.. (Mine came in ard day 4-5)
But by now can try pump out colostrum also, but might jus be quite lil.. 5-10ml? No harm pumping after latching, can boost ur supply.

Hey Girl, i turned to PEM confinement nanny agency cos very last min couldnt get any cl already. Recommended by my colleague. Cl came within 2 days and so far so good. $2550 for 28 days excluding welcoming and departure angbaos (up to ur discretion to give any amount)... Perhaps u could try calling them..

I also heard PEM CL not bad...

I woke it with bad news today. I was supposed to be discharged today when PD came in and informed me that my LO has G6PD. I have a family history of it, but still, the news hit me hard. As a result, my LO has Jaundice and has to stay in Hospital for another 2 more days. And so, I decided to extend one more night, after much consideration.

Also, I started expressing my milk today (3rd Day). I am still having colostrum, still waiting for the full supply of milk. Last night BF LO was a tough one. He keeps crying alot, so we decided to top up with Formula Milk today after each feeding and thankfully it worked.

Tomorrow, I will be separately from my LO for a night as he needs to continue to be in hospital. Just abit troubled on what to do with the feeding cos I'll be at home whereas LO will be in the hospital. =(

Hi hi thanks so much! Will call them soon! Oh I didn't know got welcoming and pow one ah!!

U can pump n get hubby bring over for nurses to spoon, cup, or syringe feed him. Or u can pop by to latch bb few times if ur convenient? But like u say still have to top up some fm if he still hungry. And also doc will recommend bb to take fm for few days since his down with jaundice...my LO too.. But after 4 days of fm, i manage to give total bm. Jiayou. Dont worry.. Hope all goes well for bb and u too!

The 1st pump for me is when suddenly feel hard, or a leak.. (Mine came in ard day 4-5)
But by now can try pump out colostrum also, but might jus be quite lil.. 5-10ml? No harm pumping after latching, can boost ur supply.
I pump during day 3 but I was so hesitant to pump cos my cousin told me it will caused further engorgement so I was so afraid!

@momocrv , i tink engorgement is common, even if theres no oversupply, can lead to engorgement too.. Best is jus pump lor, at least got milk for bb... Dont worry so much! Hehe..

Today is my 2nd visit to LC, to clear the infected block ducts. LC say mine was pretty swollen and won't be able to clear within 1treatment. So this won't be my last visit. Actually if can, I wanted to go there everyday for treatment. The pain was juz too much to bear. :(

May i know y will u choose to go LC to clear the blocked ducts, instead of massage lady? Cos LC visit quite ex leh...
Does it help or still painful?

I woke it with bad news today. I was supposed to be discharged today when PD came in and informed me that my LO has G6PD. I have a family history of it, but still, the news hit me hard. As a result, my LO has Jaundice and has to stay in Hospital for another 2 more days. And so, I decided to extend one more night, after much consideration.

Also, I started expressing my milk today (3rd Day). I am still having colostrum, still waiting for the full supply of milk. Last night BF LO was a tough one. He keeps crying alot, so we decided to top up with Formula Milk today after each feeding and thankfully it worked.

Tomorrow, I will be separately from my LO for a night as he needs to continue to be in hospital. Just abit troubled on what to do with the feeding cos I'll be at home whereas LO will be in the hospital. =(

Is G6PD related to thalassemia?

Hi mommies, currently at hospital now and waiting for full dilation. Thk goodness epidural kicked in already, the contractions were coming hard and fast. I was 3cm dilated when I reached, and already quite painful. Finally my turn after being overdue for 4 days! Here's hoping for a fast and smooth delivery, wish me luck :)

Hi mommies, currently at hospital now and waiting for full dilation. Thk goodness epidural kicked in already, the contractions were coming hard and fast. I was 3cm dilated when I reached, and already quite painful. Finally my turn after being overdue for 4 days! Here's hoping for a fast and smooth delivery, wish me luck :)

Wow! Good luck dear!! Wishing u a fast and smooth delivery! Kudos for holding out on being overdue!

I'm still waiting for my turn - I'm up at this hour coz of heartburn haha.

Jia you! I am amazed many of u can still relax browsing during contraction! I imagine myself being in labor ward in again, I dun think I can... lol.

Wow! Good luck dear!! Wishing u a fast and smooth delivery! Kudos for holding out on being overdue!

I'm still waiting for my turn - I'm up at this hour coz of heartburn haha.

At least I saw someone online at this hour too haha.. i am cow-ing mode on now. Breast is quite pain when I woke up..

Good luck...wish you smooth delivery! :)

U can pump n get hubby bring over for nurses to spoon, cup, or syringe feed him. Or u can pop by to latch bb few times if ur convenient? But like u say still have to top up some fm if he still hungry. And also doc will recommend bb to take fm for few days since his down with jaundice...my LO too.. But after 4 days of fm, i manage to give total bm. Jiayou. Dont worry.. Hope all goes well for bb and u too!

Yup. Trying to sort that out. Thanks for the assurance. It definitely helps.

Back