(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

My tummy area also itchy! And not just tummy area but my chest area and back even! Haha..in fact whole upper body itchy!...Tsk...I used Aloe Vera cream to soothe the itch..it's very useful...cos it has cooling effect...But normally when the itch isn't tt bad, I use the Elemis Stretchmark Oil..so far so gd...no stretchmarks yet..*touchwood!!*

Hi Carebear where can you get the Elemis oil?

For the tummy itch I use Young living essential lavender oil with jojoba oil. I got rashes on my tummy plus stretchmarks liao so any commercial oils like clarins r out. List of confinement items to get will be given to me by my CL at a later stage. But I think some medical hall like eys or fu hua do hv a list of confinement stuff that is available. Washing of the vaginal area not sure but if natural birth, gynae will give med to wash the wound. But for me I will also get claraderm from Young living to aid in the healing process. There r also other brand available but you need to Google n find out. :)

What does claraderm do?

LizaH,

I don't understand..I thought your gynae will recommend you these tests when you are at your 12th-13th weeks? Especially the OSCAR or Nuchal scan...How can your gynae not tell u? It's a basic test which all pregnant women has to go through. (No risk to the bb at all). And if there is any % of DS, then it's recommended to go for Amino or CVS but nowadays there is another option - Harmony test, which u can go thru to find out if ur bb really has DS without any risk of miscarriage at all.

Hi Carebear

Yes they actually did mentioned during my 12th to 13th weeks but they didnt mentioned about OSCAR nor Nuchal Scan. Just the Amino test which was just recently. Not sure why but that is what happened. I know that the test is low risk but as i have mentioned before, it will just makes me depress through out the pregnancy if the outcome is bad. So, we are praying hard that everything will be fine for the next scanning in another 4 weeks time.

LizaH,
I can understand how depressing to go through so many tests. There are a few tests to be taken during pregnancy. OSCAR Test, Aminio Test / Harmony test, Blood test, detailed scan.

You planning to live in your fear till the baby is born or prepare and read up more what you can do instead. May be the test will turn out well, you must have faith in your baby. I do have friend who opt out of Aminio test even though their OSCAR test fail and the baby still turn out ok.

For itchy tummy, I am using Bio-oil now, I already have stretch mark from my previous birth so not a big different to me as i have no plan to wear bikini anyway. Haha
I still supply on my tummy.

Tummy Binder - Depends on your "retraction" rate of your tummy. Hahaha.. If fast 1st month will do else may be 2 months. Can continue with shaping underpant after 1st month.

Hi Iamnewmummy,

I bought the Elemis Oil from London as I am based here currently. Not sure where in SG is selling but maybe you can try Amazon online or those big dept stores like Paragon. Reason why I bought this is because Victoria Beckham uses it for her 4 pregnancies and she said it's good..(Hahaha..celebrity endorsement >_<)

LizaH, perhaps you can ask ur gynae for the Harmony test (DS). From what I understand, it's totally zero risk to bb so it's much preferred as compared to Amino or CVS. Don't worry too much...and try to keep your mind off things in the meantime..:D

Hong > Good idea..shaping underpants..hahaha..I shall add tt to my list..Currently most of my pre-pregnancy jeans are those super slim fit type..so I really hope I can still fit into them after giving birth..Will be a waste to throw them away!...My fren gain 20kg after 2 pregnancies and till now after 2 years she din lose back...She said her jeans all cannot wear le..so wasted...

anyone starts stocking up on bb stuff eg cot, bottles, pumps, sterilizer... ? anyone waiting till baby fair in Aug @ Suntec? I'm thinking of leaving all purchases till then.... is that too late? my EDD is end Sept.

anyone starts stocking up on bb stuff eg cot, bottles, pumps, sterilizer... ? anyone waiting till baby fair in Aug @ Suntec? I'm thinking of leaving all purchases till then.... is that too late? my EDD is end Sept.
I am planning to start buying little by little from now as I worried I'll be overwhelmed if I wait to buy everything at one go closer to EDD. At least for those items that I have decided on the brand or style I will get them first. There are so many things to buy! Everyday I'm learning something new and finding new things to add to the shopping list.

GSS is coming up. Might be able to find some good deals during the sale.

Babbibambi,
My Edd is also end Sept but I have started to stock up some of the items. items like clothing, bath towels, face towels I think you should start getting so you can take your time to wash them and get them ready in the baby closet. I got the milk bottles from Isetan sale when they are having 20% discount. During the Isetan sale they giving 30% to Avent product. I am getting the pacifier from Avent so there are some saving. I also got some new clothes for baby full month, a pram and waiting for the Baby fair to get the car seat. I have already short listed the brand I need.

i also started buying liao. so far i have gotten a breast pump, 2 bottles and a graco pack n play for sleeping and changing baby. if any of you wanna buy baby clothes from carters remember to order early as takes a white to reach singapore! :)

For mummies who can still travel, me and my hub went for a short holiday to BKK and got bb clothes, washcloth, diaper cloth, swaddling cloth from Platinum Mall. They are pretty much exactly the same things spring maternity or our local retail stores are selling but at half or 2/3 of retail price. We got quite a lot of stuff with under $250.

For the rest of the items like breast pump, bottles, sterilizer, pacifiers etc we got them from Isetan Private Sale too. Had additional discount of Medela and Philips Avent bundle sets. Compared the prices from last baby market and I think they are Very good deal. No need to go squeeze at expo and fight for car park too. Dept stores provide free delivery for the entire load of purchase as well. Not to forget your dept store loyalty card gives your additional discount.

We bought the baby cot at the last expo thinking it was a good deal. After topping up the mattress and bedding set, it became $450. Found out that Isetan sells almost the same thing with more free gifts at a lower price and a better quality mattress. Free immediate delivery whereas at expo, the waiting time communicated to us was 8-10 weeks. Really regret buying at expo.

For strollers, car seats I realized the advertised prices at last expo was available islandwide.
I will be getting Combi for both items.
Also getting Combi high chair which serves as a rocker from newborn to 4yo.

For strollers, car seats I realized the advertised prices at last expo was available islandwide.
I will be getting Combi for both items.
Also getting Combi high chair which serves as a rocker from newborn to 4yo.
Hi there!

I am also considering the auto swing (rocker) high chair either from Combi or Aprica. But I am worried that baby won't want to stay in the rocker when he gets bigger and can flip. What are your thoughts? It's not a cheap piece of equipment and if useful for only a short whiIle feel quite wasted.

By the way, Combi is lauching a new auto swing high chair in Japan end May. And also a light weight (4.9kg) auto 4 caster wheel stroller in mid June. If you can wait a bit check them out when they are available in SG.

Hi there!

I am also considering the auto swing (rocker) high chair either from Combi or Aprica. But I am worried that baby won't want to stay in the rocker when he gets bigger and can flip. What are your thoughts? It's not a cheap piece of equipment and if useful for only a short whiIle feel quite wasted.

By the way, Combi is lauching a new auto swing high chair in Japan end May. And also a light weight (4.9kg) auto 4 caster wheel stroller in mid June. If you can wait a bit check them out when they are available in SG.

Hi Shimmai mama!

Hub and I decided not to get the auto swing high chair but the manual one instead. Reason being many friends have advised not to 'spoil' the baby with auto swinging. We will rock the baby only when necessary. We should be getting the dreamy model. My Jap boss is using Combi parenting station and his wife says it's very convenient for her as she can push it around the house and use it as a high chair for feeding. He used it till baby was 3yo.

With the 5 point harness, I don't think it's easy for baby to flip over?

Where did you read about the new stroller launching? Thanks for sharing this ya! I'll wait for a while then.

I have also started buying bb stuff - bought a sleeping cot, a Fisherprice bouncer, a playmat, milk bottles and some baby wipes (cos there are on bulk discount). Also bought some warm suits for the bb cos I am based in London and it will be towards winter by the time the bb is born. Next month, I will be buying the breastpumps and the sterilizer since I have already decided on the brand and model.

Most likely I will be buying everything by mid Aug cos my gynae told me the bb could pop out anytime from 36-40 wks..so if it's 36 weeks means end Aug / early Sep!! Hahaa..

Btw, anyone bought diaper bag? Any good recommendation? I saw mothers carrying the LeSportSac as a diaper bag..is that a good idea? Haha..

Hi Shimmai mama!

Hub and I decided not to get the auto swing high chair but the manual one instead. Reason being many friends have advised not to 'spoil' the baby with auto swinging. We will rock the baby only when necessary. We should be getting the dreamy model. My Jap boss is using Combi parenting station and his wife says it's very convenient for her as she can push it around the house and use it as a high chair for feeding. He used it till baby was 3yo.

With the 5 point harness, I don't think it's easy for baby to flip over?

Where did you read about the new stroller launching? Thanks for sharing this ya! I'll wait for a while then.
Hello! Thanks for your insights. When I saw the video demo that a crying baby fell asleep within 40 seconds from starting the auto swing I thought I must have this chair haha... maybe it's just advertising.

I am currently based in Japan so I get product info from Combi Japan website. You can check from the site too it's not impossible to understand. Many words are in Chinese characters.

Also bought some warm suits for the bb cos I am based in London and it will be towards winter by the time the bb is born.
Carebear, I also need to buy warm clothes for my baby but I don't really know how to dress baby warm in winter... as in how much is enough, how much is too much. And also how big my baby will be by then. Hmm...I plan to buy just a bit and when the time comes buy as needed. Not to forget warm beddings like duvet, blanket... so different from SG.

There is also a warmer for baby wipes which I was so fascinated when I first saw it. Guess that may be useful for cold weather too.

I have also started buying bb stuff - bought a sleeping cot, a Fisherprice bouncer, a playmat, milk bottles and some baby wipes (cos there are on bulk discount). Also bought some warm suits for the bb cos I am based in London and it will be towards winter by the time the bb is born. Next month, I will be buying the breastpumps and the sterilizer since I have already decided on the brand and model.

Most likely I will be buying everything by mid Aug cos my gynae told me the bb could pop out anytime from 36-40 wks..so if it's 36 weeks means end Aug / early Sep!! Hahaa..

Btw, anyone bought diaper bag? Any good recommendation? I saw mothers carrying the LeSportSac as a diaper bag..is that a good idea? Haha..

I got a Jujube bff based on the YouTube reviews. Looks so functional and stylish! However my hub thinks I'm crazy to spend that amount on a diaper bag.

Hello! Thanks for your insights. When I saw the video demo that a crying baby fell asleep within 40 seconds from starting the auto swing I thought I must have this chair haha... maybe it's just advertising.

I am currently based in Japan so I get product info from Combi Japan website. You can check from the site too it's not impossible to understand. Many words are in Chinese characters.

I have checked! I can read Japanese so can roughly understand. It's such a lovely model but I doubt SG will carry it. The SG line of combi strollers is so different. The colors and designs are definitely not as pretty as the Japan line.

Keeping hopes though!

Shinmai_mama > I have no idea too..my first bb in a cold place...but I think have to get those full length fleece outerwear when u go out.. In fact I just bought some from Uniqlo..U can go check it out....Uniqlo is from Japan right? I bought this during a Sale. Actually I dun think I will be gg out tt often with the bb during Winter...I seldom even go out much myself during winter, let alone with a new born..haha..

At home, u can turn on the heater to warm the house so still ok...In fact, I wonder how babies in Finland survive where temperatures is -20 degrees kind..Haha..

32_126228_middles.jpg

#5potato > I went to google the Jujube BFF..so cute..I like the Tokidoki one..but issit a bit childish for a 30+ lady? Hahaha! The price is abt $300...still ok...much cheaper than LV or Miumiu bags!! And I am sure can put much more bb stuff...:p We mothers also must look stylish...Dun wanna look like a frumpy auntie after giving birth...Hehehe..

Carebear mummy,

Jujube is such a functional bag. It depends on who will ultimately carry the bag more. I personally like toki doki prints too but they might get outdated very easily. Such prints are updated every season therefore I preferred something more classic. Moreover, daddy who will also be carrying the bag did not 'approve' cartoon prints.
I have seen daddies carrying hello kitty prints on the street. It was quite cute. Haha.

Just to share a tip. Jujube bags r price controlled in SG. No need to waste effort scouring for the 'best deal'. And stocks run out pretty fast. My bag was the last display pc.

I bought this btw.

ImageUploadedByForum1432167552.374582.jpg

Nice bag. Do you girl get to collect your SG50 baby goodies bag in London and Japan? Back in Singapore, all the hospital (if I am not wrong) are giving SG50 jubilee baby goodies bag to the parents, POSB and the govt also giving and they come with diaper bags. So I will see if they are useful enough for me before I decide if I need to get one I like later.

Nice bag. Do you girl get to collect your SG50 baby goodies bag in London and Japan? Back in Singapore, all the hospital (if I am not wrong) are giving SG50 jubilee baby goodies bag to the parents, POSB and the govt also giving and they come with diaper bags. So I will see if they are useful enough for me before I decide if I need to get one I like later.
I'll be returning to SG to deliver my baby so am looking forward to receiving the jubilee goodie bag. I read that for overseas Singaporens, as long as baby is registered as citizen the goodie bag can be delivered to a SG addressee. :)

Yes yes, we will get our SG50 bags once our bb is registered as a SG citizen...:)

Btw, what is POSB giving out? $$ I hope...hahaha..*wait long long*...:p

#5potato > I like the design of the bag u chose too! Very nautical prints inspired...Can I ask how much u buy in SG? Because I will most likely be buying in London. This design also not bad...Keke..

_10328281.jpg

Anyone interested to take over my antenatal class by WBB, starting June 28 (1-3pm)? This class is currently full from my understanding. Please PM me if interested.

Yes yes, we will get our SG50 bags once our bb is registered as a SG citizen...:)

Btw, what is POSB giving out? $$ I hope...hahaha..*wait long long*...:p

#5potato > I like the design of the bag u chose too! Very nautical prints inspired...Can I ask how much u buy in SG? Because I will most likely be buying in London. This design also not bad...Keke..

_10328281.jpg

Care bear mummy,

Posb bag consists of things like plush toy etc. nothing very useful in there. No $$$ la! Haha.

The bag is from the legacy range thus slightly more expensive. $265sgd. It should be cheaper in London I guess. When will you return to SG to deliver, since airlines won't allow you onboard once you hit 28 weeks right?

Me bought medela pump, sterilizer set, milk bottles during robinsons baby fair. Quite a good deal

When will you return to SG to deliver, since airlines won't allow you onboard once you hit 28 weeks right?
SQ has no restriction for travel up to 28 weeks. For single uncomplicated pregnancy, travel from 29-36 weeks will require a medical certificate indicating EDD and if fit to travel. 37 weeks onwards travel not allowed. I think most airlines have similar rules.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am thinking of buying the repackage confinement herbs online...I found two websites mummamia and newbaby.com.sg. Anyone heard about them...I only find reviews on mummamia but not the other one..but all reviews came across as more sponsored advertisement than real reviews. Anyone doing the same or know anything about it?

Princess10,
What baby clothes are you looking at Taobao? I am thinking to get the SwaddleMe wrap from Taobao and some baby towels to try. Do you have any website to share?

I just placed my purchase for a Joie Stages car seat yesterday at Taka. Was shopping at Taka and we saw the seat but we dun have Taka credit card cos the mall is giving additional 10% on top of the 10% to the public. A very nice friend willing to follow me and help me get because she has the card. I save a total of $60 for the car seat which end up cheaper than the Fedora that I wanted to get. Taka staffs are nice enough to deliver the car seat near my EDD so the warranty doesnt kick off so quickly.

Mummy, if your items are bulky, required delivery and with warranty. Do request to deliver later so the warranty doesnt kick in too early.

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying the repackage confinement herbs online...I found two websites mummamia and newbaby.com.sg. Anyone heard about them...I only find reviews on mummamia but not the other one..but all reviews came across as more sponsored advertisement than real reviews. Anyone doing the same or know anything about it?
Maybe you can try the confinement package from 余仁生
http://www.euyansang.com.sg/postnatal-confinement-kit-888842500036.html#start=1

sharing my experience, first i had this marc jacobs elizababy diaper bag. that was way huge and eventually i found it too big for my liking. then I had the BFF Jujube, but i found it a bit heavy and not very comfortable to carry....but mostly my hubby carry la. end up i sold it away. now i using a lesportsac backpack which is very light but that has no compartments so things end up a bit messy inside my bag. lol. i also have a smaller sling back which is really great when i use a baby carrier last time. i use the sling bag most of the time now because it is light mainly. access to mrt card/mobile phones/tissue paper all within reach as compared to a backpack.

my baby carrier also has a button to secure my sling bag, so that the sling doesn't slip off my shoulders which can be very annoying.

sharing my experience, first i had this marc jacobs elizababy diaper bag. that was way huge and eventually i found it too big for my liking. then I had the BFF Jujube, but i found it a bit heavy and not very comfortable to carry....but mostly my hubby carry la. end up i sold it away. now i using a lesportsac backpack which is very light but that has no compartments so things end up a bit messy inside my bag. lol. i also have a smaller sling back which is really great when i use a baby carrier last time. i use the sling bag most of the time now because it is light mainly. access to mrt card/mobile phones/tissue paper all within reach as compared to a backpack.

my baby carrier also has a button to secure my sling bag, so that the sling doesn't slip off my shoulders which can be very annoying.

Hi baby wipes, which baby carrier are you using?

Does anyone feel throbbing pain at the bottom right of the stomach?

It's not sharp pain and you don't feel the pain continuously. It comes on and off.

Hi jellyfish313 :)
Im on 21st week... currently having on/off tailbone pain. Hurts like crazy sometimes especially when I wanna stand up or adjust my sitting or sleeping position... see the doc ytd and he said its normal. Guess... I just hv to tahan the pain :(

Hi mjane664,i share your pain on the tailbone discomfort. its so uncomfy to sit at work and in the train sometimes. My doc has also said its normal so we just need to push thru... hahah hope ur feeling better.

Any mummies to be bought bb clothes from Tao bao website?

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Taobao :p but not really clothes cos I already have tons of those. Just the bath tub etc, some hair accessories (baby girl), tummy binder. Just ordered though so I havent received them yet. Can share the links if anyone is interested after I receive it.

Back