Any PD to recommend in Sengkang/Punggol or Hougang area

As a loyal customer of Kids Clinic, there are ways to cope with Kids Clinic's long queues and perpetually-engaged telephone. There is a system but it is according to their rules. I have no complaints about the nurses. They do well given how busy they are. As customers we are willing to go through these hoops because the PDs are good.

The key is to get a first appointment (go down personally if you have to); then it's easy to set up subsequent well-baby appointments (such as vaccinations) when you are at the clinic.

If your child happens to be sick and you need to see the PD without an appointment, you will have to go early alone at 8.30am (weekdays)/8.15am (weekends)to queue. Clinic opens at 9am and they will usually give you a morning slot for the same day. But obviously there is a quota, which is why ppl are queueing before the clinic opens. If you try to call or walk-in after that, good luck. I won't even try.

It's actually such a breeze once you get used to the system coz you don't have to wait at the clinic with your (cranky) child. You stay at home, let them rest, and the clinic will call you (usually 1-2 hours AFTER your appointment time, if it's an afternoon appt). Then you can drive down just in time to see the PD. But I believe this system of going back & forth only makes sense if you live reasonably close to the clinic. I stay a 10min drive away.

BUT I will have one or two back-up clinics in case of an emergency or I can't get a place at Kids Clinic or it's Sunday and the clinic's closed! It's true that Kids Clinic is no good in the case of an emergency; KKH would be the right place coz they are set up to do triage.

Vanessa Tan is good meh? Her clinic is always overbooked , they let your kids stand under the sun to wait even when it id just 15 mins b4 appt. she rush thru her review also n treat mummy like we are idiots . Who nowadays don't have a degree just that she specialize.

I agreed that the staff's attitude at Kids' Clinic were very bad and we parents have to put up with their rudeness despite the long wait and paying a lot of money for the consultation and med. I find it ridiculous that I have to queue at 830am to get a queue no at 9am and then wait for their call at home which will come around 4 pm plus to bring my boys down to the clinic. Imagine the kids are cranky and sick and having to wait til late afternoon to take their first dose of med! My boys will get well very fast with Kids' Clinic med. But due to the inconvenience, now I will bring my boys to see GP (Esp when I stay 3 LRT away from the clinic) and if they can't get well, then will try the Dr Saw at hougang. Usually my boys will take a longer time to get well with Dr Saw's med, but if still unwell, then no choice have to go to Kids Clinic. Dr Vanessa is good with diagnosis but does not have EQ. I agreed with shopcoholic that she treats mummies like we are idiots. I saw her twice in 2010 and stopped after that, even though her clinic is just 2 bus stops away from my blk.

Havent try Dr Anthony cos we dun drive and his clinic not near mrt/lrt. May give Dr Ellen a try in future if as a GP she can be as good as a PD and may be cheaper consultation and med.

Back