(2014) ivf mummies support group

wow u all introduce such a wide variety of food already!
think i just stick to 1 type of food per wk applying the 3 days rule to prevent allergies.. will start off with fruits puree first avocado with bm then apple & so on.. porridge n brown rice wait till 7/8th month onwards then give... give them neutral flavour food first

btw for carrots, pumpkin due to the beta carotene refrain from giving it for more than once a day for consecutive 3 days as it may cause the yellowing..

Iwantahealthybaby, ur girls weight have been on 25th percentile since birth? if so is ok no need to compare with other babies.. the nurse told me so long they maintain along the same percentile or go higher means they doing well.. so long they dun drop below the original percentile n dropping in weight gain no need to worry.. if drop below then besides milk time to introduce solids to ensure they get enough food to grow...

both my twins are lower than 25th percentile so even smaller than ur girls.. but they are on track with their birth percentile trendline so it's ok.. consider the size at birth n now.. They have grown 15cm in height

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 120
the concept is to bu.. no menses but got brown spottin time 2time.. yet supply droppin already..

the pork essence a bit chim.. need 2sit down n imagine..

Not really chim coz when I do my confinement the lady also use this method to double boil alcohol for me. If not ur method is which type?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 100
Cheery yes my girls from birth have been at the 25% if I'm not wrong. Don't remember they say 50% maybe once I thought I heard that for elder head circumference but I could have heard wrongly. How heavy is your twin at birth? U give birth at 37 weeks too? My girls have grown 18cm from birth.

Snow where u got the book from? It's all for baby food?

So interesting for pork essence. Snow can share the jap stock haha so interesting.

U need to get the ingredient frm shaw lido supermarket only there have the bonito flakes if u find other supermarket have let mi know. Haha but the price is not cheap also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948.1 KB · Views: 124
Cheery yes my girls from birth have been at the 25% if I'm not wrong. Don't remember they say 50% maybe once I thought I heard that for elder head circumference but I could have heard wrongly. How heavy is your twin at birth? U give birth at 37 weeks too? My girls have grown 18cm from birth.

Snow where u got the book from? It's all for baby food?

I got it at popular is all Abt bb cooking which Ben Yeo wrote down the recipe that he cook for his children. All the way until toddler age.

Iwantahealthybaby, yap 37+wks they were below 3 percentile at birth.. 2.1kg then gradually move to between 3-10percentile for their weight.. height n head 25 to 50 percentile.. as they are small to stay with n my size also petite so guess they also petite in size.. so long they gaining weight i'm not too concern about the percentile part

Let's share on cooking everyone. Btw here who got maid in their house?
Any more puree recipes to share. Any more stock base to share. So excited about cooking.
So your babies move on to stage 2 already for the fm.

yes u are right cheery. actually petite to begin with and grow constantly according to their ratio should be fine. just that at times I will suddenly sensitive wonder if is it my bm not enough nutrients especially when my parents seems to be questioning this question at times. everytime I bring them checkup or review I so worried they didn gain. so far still gaining and still on the smaller side but like you say constant so I shall relax a bit.

today is Friday. last day of work. happy weekend.

Let's share on cooking everyone. Btw here who got maid in their house?
Any more puree recipes to share. Any more stock base to share. So excited about cooking.
So your babies move on to stage 2 already for the fm.

Got creamy broccoli soup n fruity oatmesl but broccoli I think is more for 7-12 mth onwards de. For fruity oatmeal u can change the fruits to grape n papaya that's what I do lol

i made my chicken essence this way initially..

http://www.submerryn.com/2014/05/homemade-chicken-essence.html

now shortcut, put about half or 1/3 kampung chicken n a bit of water n ginger n big spring onion (near root part) n cook 4about 4hrs.. taste lik ding tai feng chicken soup... i still use bentong ginger smtimes...

taka got sale.. mayb i will buy é phillip avent blender....shall go later jus thinkin if i should brg baby with me..

é market fishmonger says ngor fish is good 4babies.. mayb i will try it on my baby when ready.. abt 7m plus..

soon will b 6m n i shall start my nestle red cereal soon...

i dun hav helper.. i still need 2change cot bedsheets soon coz baby poo poo.. too lazy 2move my bum..

Last edited:
i use this small cooker 4my chicken essence/soup now..

not this brand, but this type.. no heat level, jus turn on power n it will start cookin at same heat level...

Attachments

• 1432262244914.jpg
    1432262244914.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 91
Lynn can try out the recipes in this website for different months/stages http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

Iwantahealthybaby, yap i just keep track on their progress so far happy with their gain.. 2 more wks can introduce solids to them le excited! more preparation to do then haha.. now easy just latch n feed...

joy i went taka yesterday.. household section super crowded.. some even queue for 1 hr plus just to pay.. i grab the stuff n went to children dept & bought biocair & babies stuff then pay everything together.. btw if spend above 200nett after discount can use their free delivery service...
i bought toyomi 1.2L slow cooker n Tiger thermal ware

i made my chicken essence this way initially..

http://www.submerryn.com/2014/05/homemade-chicken-essence.html

now shortcut, put about half or 1/3 kampung chicken n a bit of water n ginger n big spring onion (near root part) n cook 4about 4hrs.. taste lik ding tai feng chicken soup... i still use bentong ginger smtimes...

taka got sale.. mayb i will buy é phillip avent blender....shall go later jus thinkin if i should brg baby with me..

é market fishmonger says ngor fish is good 4babies.. mayb i will try it on my baby when ready.. abt 7m plus..

soon will b 6m n i shall start my nestle red cereal soon...

i dun hav helper.. i still need 2change cot bedsheets soon coz baby poo poo.. too lazy 2move my bum..

Yes, the fish is good. No harm delay de I also delay in giving to my boy, I give the fish ard 8 mth then pork ard 9 mth. Chicken I haven even give yet haha... I don't see the reason why muz intro so early n so fast so I give slow n steady. Even now I also haven intro egg yet though a lot of ppl give their bb until luan lor. Give egg n cheese etc... I intend to give home made ice cream for my boy if I can find the cheap mould

joy I had the same slow cooker (smallest size brand toyomi) but haven't open ceremony. maybe I will try snow pork essence cause my girls ifc don't serve pork so I shall introduce that to them so they will love all sorts of meat next time. snow check with you the pork can buy mince meat right? then don't need marinade or what just like that double boil and collect the eseence? will it taste like raw?

joy I had the same slow cooker (smallest size brand toyomi) but haven't open ceremony. maybe I will try snow pork essence cause my girls ifc don't serve pork so I shall introduce that to them so they will love all sorts of meat next time. snow check with you the pork can buy mince meat right? then don't need marinade or what just like that double boil and collect the eseence? will it taste like raw?

No need marinade. Can buy mince meat or those lean meat that is chopped type. Anyway they can't eat any seasoning. Haha I forgot to taste it that day but I think shld be sweet ba if not my boy won't finish. Next time I try chicken de than I let u know lol... But to us maybe is tasteless but to them is sweet u nv know de. Coz I home made bread myself n I taste it is tasteless but to my boy he enjoy it very much. If u want the bread recipe can let me know. Otherwise u can try those teething biscuit but the texture is something like bread

iwahb-i thk all ifc dun serve meat.. mines is only cereal i think..

tat pot i hav got a long history.. since ttc till ivf till preg...
i also hav è ben choon blessed double boiler.. i find this simple one easier 2manage.

cherry-wat else u buy from taka? can share some ideas... hope 2day q to pay will b shorter...

snow I don't have bread maker. okok I shall make the pork essence. let them drink some oily stuff lol.

joy my ifc serve chicken, fish in their porridge.

I have the Philip blender but then I haven open ceremony.

snow I don't have bread maker. okok I shall make the pork essence. let them drink some oily stuff lol.

joy my ifc serve chicken, fish in their porridge.

I have the Philip blender but then I haven open ceremony.

Lol if u got air fryer can make the so called teething biscuit for them haha it contains rice n sweet potato or pumpkin as u like

joy i went again earlier not much queue today.. i bought biocair solution bundle, munchkin silicone spoons, first years spoons, pigeon hand mouth wipes, mustela elliot cream, pigeon tooth brush set, toyomi slow cooker, tiger Sahara thermal ware and bath towels.

snow, i have airfryer how to make teething biscuits? pls share tia

Last edited:
Wow cheery that is really a wonderful shopping. If i go also sure buy a lot of things hehe. Are they having sales?
I feel like making the pork essence too. Although i don't eat pork, well i do want my girl to try all types of meat as well.
Come come share more shopping things and recipes.

I'm feeding my baby using this and find it useful.

Attachments

• 1432303592860.jpg
    1432303592860.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 125
Intend to get small food thermal container so that I can bring sweet potatoes or other food on the go. Any recommended brand?

lynn yap they having 20% off n additional 10% for taka card holders. many good deals!

ete, i saw taka got bundles for different brands.. so see which type n size suit ur preference
tiger got 2 bundles on their soup cup n porridge set.. $59 or $79
La gourmet 0.34L thermal food jar + 0.5L thermal bottle $49
Zojirushi 0.5L thermal food jar +0.3L thermal bottle $88..
all in sale price already if u have taka card additional 10% discount

joy i went again earlier not much queue today.. i bought biocair solution bundle, munchkin silicone spoons, first years spoons, pigeon hand mouth wipes, mustela elliot cream, pigeon tooth brush set, toyomi slow cooker, tiger Sahara thermal ware and bath towels.

snow, i have airfryer how to make teething biscuits? pls share tia

If u got oven also can do.

Teething biscuits

1 part cooked rice. 40g
1 part puree of choice (sweet potato, Apple or pumpkin). 40g
1 part wholemeal flour 40g or oat flour or plain flour

Directions
1. Blend cooked rice and puree
2. Add in flour, mix well
3. Shape anyway you like, but make sure they're flat. as it will be sticky, it is best to shape them with wet hand.
4. Bake 170 'c for 20 minutes

I bought Tiger thermal porridge cup and soup cup to put baby's food and Bonbebe high chair from Taka yesterday. We use Tiger thermal bottles and they have served us well so didn't really scout around for other brands.
ImageUploadedByForum1432424496.731661.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432424509.813666.jpg

Mummies I just double boil the pork essence again n the taste is sweet de. N to add on my grandma say use those lean meat or soft meat don't use mince meat. N she say give bb drink this will give them energy n is good for them

Ete, for the Tiger thermal porridge cup is 2 for $59 (250 ml each), the soup cup is 2 for $79 (300 ml & 380 ml). For the soup cup, can buy both same sizes or both different sizes. I bought one 300 ml and one 380 ml. For the porridge cup, cannot mix sizes.

For Bonbebe high chair, it's $159.

Ya i saw 2 for $59 quite worth it but hubby stopped me from buying coz he said can make do with the big thermal food jar at home :/
But I don't need two porridge cups

But ete, baby's appetite for solids won't be that much initially so if you use a big thermal food jar, the food might not be hot/warm very fast if you don't fill up the food jar. Even if you put hot water in for 10 minutes and pour out and then only fill up half of the food jar with hot food, it loses heat faster than you fill it up fully.

ladies I feel so stressed suddenly. don't know suddenly got the feeling of putting two blasts back then is a mistake. twinnies really not easy to handle. it doesn't gets better cause the energy towards them two is always the same. as they grow they have different needs. to bring them to and from ifc, preschool and even school next time will always be a challenge. I don't know how to go about this myself and then dragging to work after that. the day starts earlier each time. I think I am going to be exhausted from the lack of sleep soon. hubby say cannot don't work cause really hard to support 3 using his salary alone. I understand this too but really I am starting to feel angry at myself for the choice I have made just to get preg. not that I don't want two kids but dh has always wanted one only cause in terms financial wise its really easier and fearing the 2nd ivf will failed I chose to had 2 transfers (1st also 2 but fail). really feel depressed. if only I had one bb. hate myself to think about this but really cant stop all this negative tots.

Iwahb, don't be stressed, okay? *hugs* it's just gonna be a passing phase. Having twins is always a double blessings from God, so it's not a mistake.

some nights the tears just flow uncontrollably especially when discussing with dh what is our next step etc. I thank god for the gifts he had given me but now I had so much thing ahead to change and make plans I don't know if I can really cope. sometimes the quarrels with dh only make it worst. just felt so down.

Iwantahealthybaby, things will get better. feeling stress is normal.. take things at a time n prioritise.. it's not easy to handle
work n babies.. give yourself sometime to adjust n adapt.. it's a big turning point in your life.. be positive! take a breather to calm urself first before handling the situation.. no matter what choice u have made, it has already be done.. no point looking back.. it's a decision that u have made at tt point of time tt is right. look forward to the good days ahead u will definitely be able to handle at your fingertips.

when u are stresseD up, get some Desserts to digest your stress k...

ya some decision is non reversible. and I paid dearly for it. whenever I heard dh mention my decision to put 2 blasts I got this negative tots in my mind again. I always think I am ready for a child. thought to have 2 together we will be able to handle it that's why back then I got no issue to transfer 2. this issue has been popping up my mind quite constantly. like what cheery has mention, when I feel down and sad I step back awhile cry and let go...find comfort from anywhere I can then I smile again when I c my babies. but I feel like as days progress my mind like getting more tight. getting more stressed easily. how I wish I can don't work and support my two girls while dh go to work. but financial wise is going to be a problem. the cash involve also will increase when the babies grow older. but to work and care for this two and to handle housework and to pump is really ........................................

Iwahb, maybe you all wanna re-look at your expenditure habits. When I decide to be a SAHM, I know for sure there are a lot of things I need to sacrifice/can't really spend on. For example, we used to go for holidays trips 2-3 times a year (Malaysia not counted). Now probably once a year but at the moment, it's none till baby is older. We cut down eating at restaurants. Maybe once in a month. We budget each meal to be not more than $10 for both or try to cook our own meals. Do grocery shopping once a month, not more than $200. Don't buy unnecessary stuff like new clothes, shoes, bags, which we really have a lot. That's why in the end, I didn't buy the Skip Hop backpack bag that you have. I regretted buying Kate Spade and Coach diaper bags because seriously I hardly use them. Cut down on meeting up with friends. Maybe just meet once in a month and this meet up can be done in a restaurant and we kill two birds with one stone. Can dine in restaurant and meet up with friends so it meets our once a month budget. Or have your meal at home first then meet for coffee, like that expenditure will be lesser. Or best is go to their house to visit them or invite them to your house. Cut down on entertainment like going movies, etc. In fact, since dating days, we hardly went to cinemas to watch movies. We watch dvd at home. So I've never been to what gold class lah, platinum class lah.

I'm very tempted to buy Ergo Organic but in the end, also never buy because I already have 360 and original. In fact, dh was already mad at me for buying 360 because we already have original and I angel.

We used to have 2 cars. I sold away my car after becoming SAHM and since I'm not working, I don't need a car that much.

We are currently staying at a rented place which the rent is 2.6k every month. Our new house will be ready any time from now and that's another big expenditure. Renovation costs and monthly instalments.

Even for my facial products, I used to use SKII. But now I use Laneige. It costs much lesser and they are not too bad too.

I think it's about adjusting the lifestyle and prioritise the needs than wants. The good thing being a SAHM is that I get to watch my girl grow everyday. Her behaviour, her outlook, her milestones, all these are things that money can never buy and time will never wait.

Iwahb, being a sahm got pro & con. Pro is u get to see ur bb growing up, more bonding n less stress from work.
Con is every expenses has to cut. U must have some saving before u quit ur job coz u can't depend on ur hubby on Some bills like hp, insurance etc.. Lifestyle has to change coz u can't anyhow buy things. Need & want must think carefully. So ur hubby must really support u if u want to be sahm. If not , there will be more quarrels later on... Just my tots n sharing after not working for 2 yrs. I plan to go back workforce after bb turn 1. Cos I don't want to be a financial burden to my hubby. Sometime depend on yourself is better. Having twins is definitely a blessing not mistake. God will not give u something that u can not handle. This is what I always tell myself when I face a challenge.

some nights the tears just flow uncontrollably especially when discussing with dh what is our next step etc. I thank god for the gifts he had given me but now I had so much thing ahead to change and make plans I don't know if I can really cope. sometimes the quarrels with dh only make it worst. just felt so down.

IWAHB, women are made/meant to do this. God create us to be a strong women who can handle all this which men cant. Stay strong, cry all you want to make yourself feel better!

thank you mummies. thank you. hope the coming challenges and changes I can face it well and excel in all.

faith you have given me a very detailed proposal to be a SAHM. i had so much "fun" reading it. somehow when reading it i thinking yes i can do it yes will do what u say. all are good ways to cut cost but then again don't think so easy especially when two babies fall sick at the same time and only DH is providing. same as you i regretted my kate spade and LV purchase for diaper bags. totally didn use. prefer the orginal skip hop brand. use to go restaurant with dh and movie almost every week last time before babies born now totally don't have anymore. as for car if i chose SAHM i will also sell away my car. but i know even after all this cut cost ways there are still difficulties. i can only face the fact that i cant be a SAHM.

kitkats i understand what you mean that's my worry too. don't want to burden and drain my dh. if i cant handle i depressed i got him to support me mentally if he also drained out then we two can depressed together.

everytime i cry, i sad, i depressed, i will ask myself why twins why i make that choice and start to think if only i had one if only..........then i cry even harder cause felt so bad to my girls. so helpless so innocent yet i am somehow blaming one of them to exist. frankly speaking i am so scare god or whoever heard my complains will take away any of my girls whenever those negative thinking came into my mind. i really didn mean to but cant help it.

Hayley i really need all the strength a mummy can have!!!!

thank you mummies. thank you. hope the coming challenges and changes I can face it well and excel in all.

faith you have given me a very detailed proposal to be a SAHM. i had so much "fun" reading it. somehow when reading it i thinking yes i can do it yes will do what u say. all are good ways to cut cost but then again don't think so easy especially when two babies fall sick at the same time and only DH is providing. same as you i regretted my kate spade and LV purchase for diaper bags. totally didn use. prefer the orginal skip hop brand. use to go restaurant with dh and movie almost every week last time before babies born now totally don't have anymore. as for car if i chose SAHM i will also sell away my car. but i know even after all this cut cost ways there are still difficulties. i can only face the fact that i cant be a SAHM.

kitkats i understand what you mean that's my worry too. don't want to burden and drain my dh. if i cant handle i depressed i got him to support me mentally if he also drained out then we two can depressed together.

everytime i cry, i sad, i depressed, i will ask myself why twins why i make that choice and start to think if only i had one if only..........then i cry even harder cause felt so bad to my girls. so helpless so innocent yet i am somehow blaming one of them to exist. frankly speaking i am so scare god or whoever heard my complains will take away any of my girls whenever those negative thinking came into my mind. i really didn mean to but cant help it.

Hayley i really need all the strength a mummy can have!!!!

Is ok to feel depressed. I also has depress times plus now my boy is sick down with cough, phlegm n flu n I blame myself for not producing bm for him. N I got to fight with him to take his medicine n he cry until whole body sweat. N I keep saying sorry to him. Very heart pain for me plus his milk intake reduce don't even want to drink milk. Scare he dehydrate middle of the night wake up to cough n can't slp. My grandma say can tell he slim down a lot the face totally slim down.

ya snow previously my elder also fall sick and due to teething milk intake reduce. slim one big round. whole face turn sharp no longer chubby. used to be the fatter one compare to younger but now the other way round. thou I am feeding bm but they two aren't growing and gaining weight more as compare to other gfs of mine who bf their babies too. keep wondering is it my food intake no nutrients for them etc. I really don't know when will I pick myself up again and push all the negative tots away for good!

fully agree with Faithfullyyours n kitkats.. have to do adjustment in expenditure.. it can be done.. life can be alot simpler just by lowing expectations n do some adjustments.. forgo some luxury n u actually can gain more in return.. bonding time with your babies which once missed u will nv be able to reverse time.. a small sacrifice these few years will give u a better return in the first few yrs.. once they start schooling they will not have the time to spend with u.. i value these crucial growing up periods.. it weighs a higher importance than anything else..

having twins are great! tho it may seems double in everything.. cries, changing diapers, u get double in happiness, laughter n joy too!

Iwahb, I guess there is no perfect solution. I also believe everyone here has their own array of problems and stresses bah when it comes to taking care of baby, working and financial issues. Think key word is manage.

So you must really see what works for your family.

Actually for me, dh wasn't supportive of me to be a SAHM but I insisted my way because I really don't want my girl to go to IFC at such young age. Haha! Yah lah, had quarrels about it initially but now he's okay with the idea. I told him soon he will get to see the dividends.

Back