Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Can I ask, it is advisable to take leave since my 1st appointment is on 3rd june and I dunno how many weeks also.
Base on calculator,is 4wks 4 days

Haha but that is provided U stay in single ward. But that is my opinion la some ppl might not like it. I've not try other type of soups bcoz I like papaya fish soup so my 3 meals definitely got the soup haha
Ok shall look out for the papaya soup :) thanks!

Can I ask, it is advisable to take leave since my 1st appointment is on 3rd june and I dunno how many weeks also.

Congrats!!! And which hospital are you with? Diff hospital has diff apptment dates?

I would think that that is ur 6 wks scan. They will then scan for sac n heartbeat / heartbeat (S). Followed by apptment wif gynae to discuss further steps. If u dun ve any bleeding you dun need progesterone jab.. So whatever you are taking is sufficient for now.

Jiayou n continue to rest as much for nx 2 wks!

Ok lah.. just eat warm foods and bath in warm water... haha... Take good care of yourself yoz...

Wonder how @Vinka, @moo3moo are doing right now? Super Busy I guess.. did I miss anyone out?

@hi_mei, how is your preparation going on? you also pretty near right!
Now need to wash all the cloth diapers, bedsheets etc. got no labour signs though, not even braxton hicks.

How r u doing?

I think if there are no problems like bleeding there is no need to take leave. Otherwise ur leave v fast exhausted le...
Try to take things easy, think positive.
How are u feeling?

Ok lah.. just eat warm foods and bath in warm water... haha... Take good care of yourself yoz...

Wonder how @Vinka, @moo3moo are doing right now? Super Busy I guess.. did I miss anyone out?

@hi_mei, how is your preparation going on? you also pretty near right!

Hi Chubby1314,

The beginning became mother for the 1st time it's not easy for me. Had baby blues when come back from hospital. Cry everyday because worry of milk supply. Pumping non stop every 3 hrs and milk only come on 4th day and not much too. Sometimes when baby cry we don't know what she want I also cry. Family support it's really important luckily my hubby and mom around me to support.
Now on 2nd week feel much better.
Jia you for all mtb!!

Hi Chubby1314,

The beginning became mother for the 1st time it's not easy for me. Had baby blues when come back from hospital. Cry everyday because worry of milk supply. Pumping non stop every 3 hrs and milk only come on 4th day and not much too. Sometimes when baby cry we don't know what she want I also cry. Family support it's really important luckily my hubby and mom around me to support.
Jia you for all mtb!!
Jiayou, i think u are doing your best for baby :)

Assuming that you are from KK, you are eligible for MC on that day. There will be some forms to be filled and you need to come out with decision as to remain with your IVF doc as private or as subsidized patient on that day so the next appointment can be fixed.

I think if there are no problems like bleeding there is no need to take leave. Otherwise ur leave v fast exhausted le...
How are u feeling?

Feeling better but still having metallic tastebuds, feeling bloated like a balloon and farting a lot .... feel so paisei or malu outside... Aiyaya.

You are in which week now? Going for natural delivery and everything has been settled for hospital stay?

Congrats!!! And which hospital are you with? Diff hospital has diff apptment dates?

I would think that that is ur 6 wks scan. They will then scan for sac n heartbeat / heartbeat (S). Followed by apptment wif gynae to discuss further steps. If u dun ve any bleeding you dun need progesterone jab.. So whatever you are taking is sufficient for now.

Jiayou n continue to rest as much for nx 2 wks!

Hi hopeful78,
I am at Kkh. Yup

How are u feeling?

Hi mei,
nothing just sometime below belly there in n off pain. Sometime right side pain and sometime left side n sometimes ctr lo haha

Hi Chubby1314,

Jia you for all mtb!!

Good to hear that you are better now with family support.. I'm also afraid that I will breakdown during the initial periods...but guess cannot skip this especially for first time mom... Understand that there are some drinks or herbs that can improve the milk supply, have you tried?

Assuming that you are from KK, you are eligible for MC on that day. There will be some forms to be filled and you need to come out with decision as to remain with your IVF doc as private or as subsidized patient on that day so the next appointment can be fixed.

Hi chubby1314,
how is kkh procedure and how frequently r their follow up. I hope they have weekly followup haha

Hi chubby1314,
how is kkh procedure and how frequently r their follow up. I hope they have weekly followup haha

Haha, you are better than me... At least you are more kan Cheong than me, I feel... I also wish leh ... Weekly follow up... But unfortunately, you will need to wait for another 4 weeks or so for your next appt... Keep you in suspense first as you will know more or less what will happen on your coming visit... Haha....

Hi sisters, got a pretty serious question here which made me feel worried all these while... I got low risk for my oscar test but my fetus neck fluid falls above 95 percentile but within 99 percentile.. Should I be continued to worry about this...

My understanding is often there are some ladies had their oscar test as high risk but NT scan normal.. Hence they proceeded with further tests like harmony test... My case seems to be the other way round....

Hi sisters, got a pretty serious question here which made me feel worried all these while... I got low risk for my oscar test but my fetus neck fluid falls above 95 percentile but within 99 percentile.. Should I be continued to worry about this...

My understanding is often there are some ladies had their oscar test as high risk but NT scan normal.. Hence they proceeded with further tests like harmony test... My case seems to be the other way round....

What's your gynae's view on this?
IMHO if it's something that will bother you thru out the pregnancy do go for the nx level of test to get a peace of mind.

If u are really worried u can try harmony test... Or else speak to ur gynae for advice...

Can I ask, it is okay to still drink longan red dates tea everyday till my 1st trimester end
Try not to drink too much cos u are more heaty when pregnant.
As for follow up, the shortest waiting period I had was 5 wks in first tri. One time it was nearly two months before next appt. but mb it depends on doctor...

Try not to drink too much cos u are more heaty when pregnant.
As for follow up, the shortest waiting period I had was 5 wks in first tri. One time it was nearly two months before next appt. but mb it depends on doctor...

Serious. hmmm..so drink plain water more idea

U prob need to check with gynae.
I did LS a few times during first tri, and I noticed that it was linked to certain food that I ate. So just avoided those food and the LS went away. But it is better to check w doctor.

Hi mei,
maybe will check w doctor on 3rd june cause currently I dunno which doctor I will be seeing. I ate pepper crab today and fish and veg cause went my mum place and she cooked.

Hi mei,
maybe will check w doctor on 3rd june cause currently I dunno which doctor I will be seeing. I ate pepper crab today and fish and veg cause went my mum place and she cooked.

mayb it's the pepper?
some food i was told to avoid was halfboiled eggs, vinegar and too much chili..
i test water one time.. and those made me LS ..

go easy on your diet i suppose. nothing too "exciting".. i know it's hard but first tri usually play safe..

Hello ladies,

I've been a silent reader all these while..finally graduated from ivf after numerous tries and am now at 8 weeks today :)

However, i'm now only cautiously happy as I miscarried before and didnt really want to keep my hopes extremely high... Been quite paranoid tho....coz have been reading too much i think....sigh.... There were alot of reports of heartbeat stopped beating in the first tri (esp 8-12 wks) and early 2nd tri so i've been looking forward to gynae visits....but gynae say even if hb stops, there's nothing we can do...

So....i can only be cautiously happy now.... Am i thinking too much? :(

Hello ladies,

I've been a silent reader all these while..finally graduated from ivf after numerous tries and am now at 8 weeks today :)

However, i'm now only cautiously happy as I miscarried before and didnt really want to keep my hopes extremely high... Been quite paranoid tho....coz have been reading too much i think....sigh.... There were alot of reports of heartbeat stopped beating in the first tri (esp 8-12 wks) and early 2nd tri so i've been looking forward to gynae visits....but gynae say even if hb stops, there's nothing we can do...

Stop thinking Abt the heartbeat n stop surfing so much forum or read too much Abt those news. Be relax n enjoy I was like U the last round so I stop coming to the forum for sometime go catch a comedy drama or read books. Keep urself occupy n u won't think so much LE

Will do. After 1st tri, appetite improved... Not much vomiting. Weight maintained still...so wanna eat a little of durians ... Haha.

Thinking of heat.. Those MTBs whom are doing their confinement during these hot seasons must be not easy.. What they eat, drink, bath is warm and hot. *sweat*

I am also looking forward to an improvement in appetite. It has been terrible having so much saliva, makes me feel tired without doing much.

Now that you mention, it is true! Hope that the hot weather will ease off.

When the time comes, will call and ask for trial...see how then again. Hope standards don't drop... ESP mass production... You know lah.. Consistency....

Planning for holidays for baby moon now... To have er ren shi Jie ... Lolx

TMC has those trial sessions at TMC itself. But I am concerned with doing food-tasting now since confinement food contains herbs, wine, and stuff which may not be suitable for MTBs at this stage.

I am looking forward to a holiday with my DH too. It has been such a "left-out" time, being informed on what's app group on where my friends are going. Guess, I was so hoping to go too!! But I guess my DH won't set his heart at ease by then. Maybe a staycation can help to relax too.

just after I posted..i read my mail..got a mail from them natal essential saying that I hv a different menu instead of the usual dinner menu..cos apparently they didn't state that alternate week they swap the lunch and dinner..so instead of pig trotters vinegar I will be getting egg with long beans!!?? I called to complain..i didn't pay 32 for egg with long beans..that one I also might as well cook myself...they say will call me back..aiyoh..not started already got hiccup with them..

Better ask for the menu for the full 30 days, to play safe.

Dear ladies, does anyone know if folic acid is meant to be continued throughout pregnancy? Forgot to ask my Dr last week. He prescribed me a multi-vitamins with DHA and didn't mention about the 5 mg folic acid/day.

Dear ladies, I managed to ask my Dr about the use of over-the-shelf medicine. He mentioned that after passing 1st trimester, it should be generally okay to take:
Woods Cough Syrup, Fybogel, but Clarinase contains steroids - so not so good, though if "bo-bian", can still take. I am so irritated by the phelgm that lurks around my throat... must get rid of it! Did anyone ask your Dr about this?

Hi chubby1314,
I dunno how many weeks is me cause they din tell me. My appointment is on 3rd june. Are u able to advise wat to beware. I am going back work Monday already.

At the point of Embryo Transfer (ET), it is usually at Week 2 (some Week 2, Day 1-2), thus you can add on your pregnancy term from the point of ET this way.

Better ask for the menu for the full 30 days, to play safe.
I hv printed from their webpage online ..will be waiting for richfood trial tomorrow lunch..see how first

Dear ladies, does anyone know what does a detailed scan/test comprises of in the 5th month? What are the objectives of the test?

it's a detailed scan meaning will check for heart if heart of bb is ok not--as in got hole in heart not etc, the spine/kidneys/liver/bloodflow to placenta/femur length etc etc very much all in detail so can expect at least 1/2hr-45mins..

Dear ladies, I managed to ask my Dr about the use of over-the-shelf medicine. He mentioned that after passing 1st trimester, it should be generally okay to take:
Woods Cough Syrup, Fybogel, but Clarinase contains steroids - so not so good, though if "bo-bian", can still take. I am so irritated by the phelgm that lurks around my throat... must get rid of it! Did anyone ask your Dr about this?

hmm..for me I didn't ask as thankfully im pretty ok throughout ..no cough/LS/sorethroat etc..as for folic I still take cos I hv extras didn't want to waste and no harm..good for hair /skin/nails..excess will pass out in pee..

Hello ladies,

congrats! hmm..try not to think..though I know very very hard as I was from that dreadful thread before too ..esp when I reached the week I had lost again I cannot help to think..what if? And even after..in 2nd trimester and beyond cannot help but still be worried ..But to make my mind not think much I fall back on my faith and religion ..I suggest u do so to focus on the future and new hope u hv now..pray over and just let go..i also same as ur gynae told myself if heartbeat stop..nothing I can do..but I did all necessary like resting well/eating well/take my medications/jabs diligently and not stressing/lifting/carrying heavy stuffs..i told myself that is what I can do the rest is up to God..and oh..i find writing a pregnancy journal helps for me..i jotted down my inner tots and feelings thruout the pregnancy journey ..

Suggest that you visit your Doctor to ask for further advice and further interpretation. There isn't much information online that I can find. When in doubt, a 2nd test can help to clarify.

Last edited:

if u worried go for further testing ..

I hv printed from their webpage online ..will be waiting for richfood trial tomorrow lunch..see how first

it's a detailed scan meaning will check for heart if heart of bb is ok not--as in got hole in heart not etc, the spine/kidneys/liver/bloodflow to placenta/femur length etc etc very much all in detail so can expect at least 1/2hr-45mins..

hmm..for me I didn't ask as thankfully im pretty ok throughout ..no cough/LS/sorethroat etc..as for folic I still take cos I hv extras didn't want to waste and no harm..good for hair /skin/nails..excess will pass out in pee..

Thanks Lambi. Does that mean that it comprises of tummy ultrasound scan only or is there further blood test?

Haha. That is true. Guess, I will continue to take folic acid.

Dear ladies, does anyone know if it would be alright to drink home-made barley drink? It is on the cooling side, but I feel that my body is very "heaty", very uncomfortable.

Hi all, 5mg of folic acid per day is to be taken ah? Hmm....i bought from watsons those 800mcg per capsule...so this means its about 6capsules/day? Wahh.... I thought 400mcg.day is sufficient...*gulps*

Hi all, 5mg of folic acid per day is to be taken ah? Hmm....i bought from watsons those 800mcg per capsule...so this means its about 6capsules/day? Wahh.... I thought 400mcg.day is sufficient...*gulps*

I used to think so too, until my clinic prescribes it. You can buy the "brandless" spare packs that is already 5 mg/tab, costs $2 - $3 per 10 tabs, from major pharmacy stores. You may wish to confirm with your Dr again.

Can I ask,I just went back work today and the only time I walk is walk to toilet, other den tat sit down whole day. Can feel like sit so long den stomach like pain like tat. Do u all feel

Back