IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Queby77, Faith-bb,
Are you under KKHIVF?. I'm 5DP2DT, blood test on 2 June. No symptoms except always feeling hungry & slight cramp on my right on D4p2dt & passing lots of gasssss *blush*!But I'm only prescribed Utrogestan for vagina application until blood test.... No Pregnyl etc... Wonder if these are for the same functions or what's the difference for doc to prescribe Utrogestan / Pregnyl? Hmmm...

Yes to passing of gasses. But mostly at night. Not sure why. My hub can't tahan that.

Depends. My previous cycle succeed with Pregyl thus my doc feel I should continue with it.

Pregyl need to self-jab or go to GP or back to Kkivf.
I choose to self-jab.

Not sure cramp or not but slight twitches at times.

Hi Chanel, I am with nuh, I had to use morn time 3 white balls, mid day 1 crinone plus 4 red tablets , night 3 white balls again. Sorry haha I m in my room can't check the nAmes of the inserts. I also pass a lot of gas too. Good luck!

Wah! That's a lot of things u do daily!

Then every few days to NUH for ovidrel jabs?

Hi anyone on long cycle now? Started lucrin?

Hihi, i'm on long cycle too and started on lucrin. Have you started? Haiz…i'm always having mixed feelings about this…sometimes i'm so scared of feeling the disappointment again. So it's difficult for me to stay positive…i just drown myself in work now.

Hihi, i'm on long cycle too and started on lucrin. Have you started? Haiz…i'm always having mixed feelings about this…sometimes i'm so scared of feeling the disappointment again. So it's difficult for me to stay positive…i just drown myself in work now.
Started already 3rd day. U wif kkh?

Hi sisters, can anyone share with me how many times do we need to go for U/S for medicated FET? And do we go every 2-3days?

Does anyone have Dr Loh email address? Will he reply if we are not one of his patients?

For sisters who had done intralipid with Dr loh, how do u feel after the intralipid?

TIA and sorry for so many questions:):D

Medicated FET - I heard, not tt many u/s scans as it is more controlled than natural. I m still waiting for my medicated FET so can't reali advise much.

SF Loh does reply even if u r not one of his patients

After the intralipid, the numbing pain on the arm is horrible, probably coz I was on v fast drip.. But it subsided after, like 10mins.. That's my experience though..

Hope this helps..

Hi when I first started, I requested for Prof, I forgotten how long it took to see him, but once you started to see him, appt are not too long already. When he is away, his team Dr Anu and Dr Chew will take over. I have no luck with him so chose to be ok with Dr Chew to do my iui and Dr Anu to do my ivf. He will first ask if you are ok if else then have to wait for him to be back from his conference.. I said to Dr Anu I am fated to be with her. The environment in NUH women clinic is nice and most of the time the appt are punctual.

So if you choose to be with prof, bear with the thought that he eventually may not be the one doing the procedure with you, but you will be able to see him for consultations.

You will also need to push him abit on treatments because he was putting me on clomid cycles for at least 4 times just to find out my problem and I spent a lot of time and money to be disappointed. Then he proposed iui which I failed then I asked him to straight ivf.
Hope this help abit to your decision making.

Hi Queby
May I ask if you are private patient in nuh ? Or is all ivf going to be private and that you can choose doctor ?

Hi Queby
May I ask if you are private patient in nuh ? Or is all ivf going to be private and that you can choose doctor ?
Hi Emma, yes I had chosen to be with Prof from day 1, and when you first call to make the appointment, the nurse will also advised that it would be under privAte. As such I do not enjoy any subsidies for the scans and treatments. The expensive part is the injections. The scans is about 110 each time. Other tests being $300 the most expensive. So if you are able to conceive via iui you shouldn't be spending a lot of money. But you if need stims like Puregon which is about $300 for 3 injections. And depends if you use up to 4 packets then you will spend more..

Feenix - may I know about how long was the wait after your counselling session till the day u embark on the ivf journey? Which Dr r u with?

For those who experienced failed cycle, did ur doc met u few days after that n fix another appointment like 2 months later to see u.. when u come bk after the break what actually they going to check? Because mine they fix an appointment to see me again in July ..

For those who experienced failed cycle, did ur doc met u few days after that n fix another appointment like 2 months later to see u.. when u come bk after the break what actually they going to check? Because mine they fix an appointment to see me again in July ..

My review is 1 month later. Dr will suggest what u can do in next cycle.

Medicated FET - I heard, not tt many u/s scans as it is more controlled than natural. I m still waiting for my medicated FET so can't reali advise much.

SF Loh does reply even if u r not one of his patients

After the intralipid, the numbing pain on the arm is horrible, probably coz I was on v fast drip.. But it subsided after, like 10mins.. That's my experience though..

Hope this helps..

Thanks so much for ur help.

Do u have Dr Loh email address? Can pm me?

Will u be doing intralipid for ur FET too? Do u feel intralipid help ur cycle?
I am with kk..not sure whether Dr Loh mind if I enquiring abt the intralipid only...

Hello,
I had my failed cycle in apr and will be seeing Dr for review next week. I will be very disappointed if all they say is what you do for your next cycle.

Hi, they told me that no implantation take place n told me what they will or can do to improve my next IVF. Then they arrange for next IVF.

Hello,
I had my failed cycle in apr and will be seeing Dr for review next week. I will be very disappointed if all they say is what you do for your next cycle.
Honestly that's all they really can say right? No one knows the reason for failed cycles in reality... they can only trial and error to try different protocols or meds to see what suits u better

Honestly that's all they really can say right? No one knows the reason for failed cycles in reality... they can only trial and error to try different protocols or meds to see what suits u better
Totally agree with u!
After my fresh failed, I went for review. I was VERY glad that 1st sentence prof told me was "Why it failed, honestly no one knows.."
If he had given me a whole string of speculation, I wouldn't have respected him that much.
But this is just my personal view la..

Hi Emma, yes I had chosen to be with Prof from day 1, and when you first call to make the appointment, the nurse will also advised that it would be under privAte. As such I do not enjoy any subsidies for the scans and treatments. The expensive part is the injections. The scans is about 110 each time. Other tests being $300 the most expensive. So if you are able to conceive via iui you shouldn't be spending a lot of money. But you if need stims like Puregon which is about $300 for 3 injections. And depends if you use up to 4 packets then you will spend more..

Thank you Queby for the advice. My iui cost high due to the high dose injection I need. Is really draining on financial. So really hesitated to move on to ivf. But I having said that if iui don't work. I really have no choice too. Got to continue fighting!

Hi everyone I'm new here. Had my iui last year December but unsuccessful... So going for ivf. Will be doin the counselling on 10june. can anyone share their experience... What should I expect in this ivf journey I am taking...

I went for my ultrasound today and i was on day 10 of menopur. The doc said they found a cyst in my uterus which they will not do fresh transfer but freeze the egg first. I have 5 follicles but out of 5, only 1 is growing above 16mm and the rest is 10.5. So the doc said if they were to extract, they can only get 2 eggs and currently only 1 mature egg now & that also depends if it auccessfully fertilized. So he suggested cancel. What should I do? I am totally sad and lost. If i cancel, next ivf will be a 2nd cycle already right and the govt subsidy will change to 55%?

Hi everyone I'm new here. Had my iui last year December but unsuccessful... So going for ivf. Will be doin the counselling on 10june. can anyone share their experience... What should I expect in this ivf journey I am taking...

Hi Daniz, wif which hosp? I failed IUI too in dec...

Sisters can i check those who bfp got wat meds as support pls.
Different hosp different protocol. For NUH, after positive BT:
Duphaston one tab twice daily till 12w.
Progynova 3 tabs twice daily till 9w. 3 tabs once daily till 10w then stop.
Crinone gel once daily, stop at 11w.
Proluton 500 jab twice weekly, stop at 11w.
Folic acid ongoing
Multivits & fish oil start from 2nd tri onwards

Anyone can share with me for the scan to check on follicles, how much is it for per visit in KKH?
If you are referring to ivf treatment in Kkh, won't know the cost until end of treatment they will send consolidated invoice to you

They will only let you know cost of medications as they are one of the most expensive.

Folic acid ongoing
Thank you very much.

Folic acid ongoing
Hi Rem Rainbow
Can check btw the positive BT and seeing the doctor on appointment. (1) Do u have support medication in btw those days?
(2) Does nuh check BT for all ivf patients ?
(3) How about iui ? Do they do BT ?
(4) May I know which doctor you are under?
Thank you!

Hi Rem Rainbow
Can check btw the positive BT and seeing the doctor on appointment. (1) Do u have support medication in btw those days?
(2) Does nuh check BT for all ivf patients ?
(3) How about iui ? Do they do BT ?
(4) May I know which doctor you are under?
Thank you!
BT is in the morning. If positive, same day afternoon will get to see dr & he will issue more support meds.

Yes bt is scheduled for all Ivf patients abt 13 days after ET.

IUI no BT scheduled.

I was under Prof Wong PC. But he only sees till 1st tri. After that he will refer u to another NUH gynae unless u wanna find your own pte gynae.

Anyone can share with me for the scan to check on follicles, how much is it for per visit in KKH?

If u are entitled to govt grants, u do not have to make any payment during IVF cycle. U will receive the bill at the end of IVF where the bill will show the total bill incurred, the grant u are entitled to and medisave deduction. Usually no cash payment is required at the end of IVF cycle. So far this is true for me where both me and hubby are citizens and entitled to govt grant.

I went for my ultrasound today and i was on day 10 of menopur. The doc said they found a cyst in my uterus which they will not do fresh transfer but freeze the egg first. I have 5 follicles but out of 5, only 1 is growing above 16mm and the rest is 10.5. So the doc said if they were to extract, they can only get 2 eggs and currently only 1 mature egg now & that also depends if it auccessfully fertilized. So he suggested cancel. What should I do? I am totally sad and lost. If i cancel, next ivf will be a 2nd cycle already right and the govt subsidy will change to 55%?
Iwas at day 10 too when i did the scan and the sizes of all my follicles were too small.. they also asked me to stop.. i continue for another 4 days jab with higher doses. But it does nt grow much.. so i stopped my cycle i paid $3k deducted via medisave. I came bk once my menses came the next cycle immediately start the jab no more pill before jab.. dun worry listen to wat the doc have advise you.. when i came bk for my cycle i went through till the day of my ER n stopped . It is unable to fertilised bcuz of low count.. i have my next appoint with doc in July.. maybe for this cycle u dun use ur co fund grant just deduct using ur medisave only. After this u need to take lots of protein food..

Feenix - may I know about how long was the wait after your counselling session till the day u embark on the ivf journey? Which Dr r u with?
Hi cherylng, my counselling was in March. Initially mine was planned for June to start IVF but i managed to push it one month earlier to May. So around two months. Im with Doc Yu. Have you started?

I'm on short protocol actually. Taking Elonva, which is the one week jab plus daily cetrotide jabs.
Anyway, does anyone feel discomfort after taking the stim injection? Im getting like a bit crampy feelings plus bloating. Not too sure if this is normal

Hi cherylng, my counselling was in March. Initially mine was planned for June to start IVF but i managed to push it one month earlier to May. So around two months. Im with Doc Yu. Have you started?

I'm on short protocol actually. Taking Elonva, which is the one week jab plus daily cetrotide jabs.
Anyway, does anyone feel discomfort after taking the stim injection? Im getting like a bit crampy feelings plus bloating. Not too sure if this is normal
Ya.. Will feel some bloatedness when doing stimulation

Do take eggwhite or protein.
Also, some ladies here take red bean soup to help with lining too.

Jia you!

Can I know wat is the next step after Antral follicle count? Wat r they going to do.. My husband is giving his sperm this Friday.

Back