Recommended Gynae

cynthia1678

Hi all wise ladies,

I just found out that I'm pregnant.
This will be our first one.
Now I'm confused which gynae to visit.

Any recommendation.
If they can accept direct payment with BUPA Insurance would be a plus.

Thanks in advance.

Cynthia

I went to Dr Loke Kah Leong at Singapore Women's Clinic. All my pregnancy was with him...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByForum1432344125.345152.jpg
    ImageUploadedByForum1432344125.345152.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 942
I saw dr ben tham. u can find lots of reviews here!

I am seeing Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC too! Had a good impression of him, first visit costs around 200 ish with ultrasound scan, and he offers a package starting from week 12 at $800 before GST.

Not sure about direct payment with BUPA Insurance.

I am seeing Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC too! Had a good impression of him, first visit costs around 200 ish with ultrasound scan, and he offers a package starting from week 12 at $800 before GST.

I'm seeing dr Benjamin too.. me and my husband feel comfortable with him also... got to know him from this forum also...

I just visited him yesterday! Looks like we share the same gynae!

Hi... i just called Dr ben tham clinic and was told by his recep that he won't be taking anymore patient till end of Dec this yr. Is it true? I'm only 18weeks pregnant and the staff says that Dr Ben Tham doesn't take halfway thru pregnancy.... sigh.

I just visited him yesterday! Looks like we share the same gynae!

Hello! Dr Tham delivered my first baby last year and I'll be going back to him for my second one too. Heard that he now delivers at Mt E Novena as well. Anyone here considering delivering there?

Hi... i just called Dr ben tham clinic and was told by his recep that he won't be taking anymore patient till end of Dec this yr. Is it true? I'm only 18weeks pregnant and the staff says that Dr Ben Tham doesn't take halfway thru pregnancy.... sigh.
may be possible that he is overloaded with the sg 50 babies and given that there are many older gynaes who are leaving / have left due to the increase in MPS premium.. i won't be surprised if he is rly rly packed to his nose

may be possible that he is overloaded with the sg 50 babies and given that there are many older gynaes who are leaving / have left due to the increase in MPS premium.. i won't be surprised if he is rly rly packed to his nose

Sigh. Not my luck i guess. Really wanted to have him as my gynae..... looks like have to survey for another... I don't wish to went back to my previous gynae to due some matter... now i really need recommendation for a good gynae in TMC. Hehe.

Sigh. Not my luck i guess. Really wanted to have him as my gynae..... looks like have to survey for another... I don't wish to went back to my previous gynae to due some matter... now i really need recommendation for a good gynae in TMC. Hehe.
I read of people who like dr Paul tseng and dr sim lee ngor. can try to see !

Hi ladies... Just got back from overseas and checked all your replies.
Thanks a lot for the info.
I finally went to Dr. Chia Yee Tien in Mount E Orchard.
She is a very nice lady.
Recommended :)

Hi ladies, just found that I am 6weeks pregnant. This is my first preggie. I saw a lot of reviews on Dr Ben Tham. Can anyone share with me his charges whether it is reasonable? Thanks a lot!

Recommend Dr Phua Soo Mear.

He delivers in TMC & MT A

Currently seeing him. He is friendly, answers all questions. heard he is good at stitching too. Very gentle, his consultations not the chop chop kind which I really like.

He has a delivery package, $695 after 16 weeks of pregnancy.
Package includes scheduled consultations and ultrasound scans from 16 weeks till delivery. It also includes one complimentary 3D scan, provided conditions for scan at favourable.
The package does not include blood test, vaginal swaps and tococardiogram.

His delivery charges:
Normal delivery: $1700
Forceps or Vaccum delivery: $1900
Elective C-section: $2650
Emergency C-section:$2850
Hospital consultation: $450-$750

Hospital charges for Mount Alvernia:
Balance of delivery packages: $1700 (normal delivery)
Pediatrician fee: 500
Hospital charges: 2137 (2 bedded room)

Total: 4787
Medisave deduction: 2100
Cash Payment: 2687+1000(epidural)

Hospital deposit: $2500

Hospital charges for Thomson Medical Centre:
Balance of delivery packages: $1700 (normal delivery)
Pediatrician fee: 500
Hospital charges: 2627 (2 bedded room)

Total: 5277
Medisave deduction: 2100
Cash Payment: 3777+1000(epidural)

Hospital deposit: $3000

All the numbers are based on estimation.
Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, just found that I am 6weeks pregnant. This is my first preggie. I saw a lot of reviews on Dr Ben Tham. Can anyone share with me his charges whether it is reasonable? Thanks a lot!

Hi! Dr Benjamin Tham delivered my first child, and I am glad he did! My child was born with cord around neck + meconium. But he managed to do a natural delivery for me very calmly despite my child's heartbeat dropped quite drastically during the last part of delivery. You can google Dr Benjamin Tham for contacts. I will be seeing him in Sept :)

My Gynae is also Dr Ben Tham from TMC. Very nice, quite humorous and his conversation will calm him down. Been to see Dr Peter Chew before and somehow I felt not as comfortable as Dr Ben Tham.

Hi all!!

I am having my first baby too! EDD is around 20 April 2016 according to my GP. Saw alot of recommended gynaes here. Wondering if there's any recommended gynaes from SGH?

Thanks!!

Dr Tham Kok Fun clinic at Gleneagles.my friend recommend me and i just visit him Last week,very detailed and caring to all his patients

Hi any feedback on Lisa Chin from Glen E and Joyclyn Wong from ACJ clinic at TCM??

do they have any packages? Seems like going for package is cheaper rite??

Hi, i recommeded Dr KL Tan from KK hospital. He is professional, friendly and confordable to talk to him . I just gave birth in c-section under him. Stitches quite good and i recover very fast.

He is private suite gynae and also consultant of maternal fetal depatment in kk. On certain day he also attend in AMK's KKH night clinic.

hi.. looking for pro-natural birth..haa.. will prefer gg for natural birth wonder DR KL Tan from KKH gd at that too??

how much is his packages and the hospital bill? thnx

Im with Dr Wee Horng Yen. Fren recommended him to me. Helped my fren who miscarriage 3 times to concieve and eventually give birth safely. A pro natural birth gynae, very patient and caring too. His price is a bit steep but definately worthwhile. Even his nurses in the clinic are equally caring. I'm in a situation whereby he give me opinions and options of choices.. Not just bcos he is my gyane and i have to be with him.. Not becos he cant handle the situation but he wanna ensure i feel comfortable and feel assured with the hospital tat i would be giving birth at. even my husband feel comfortable with Dr Wee. His clinic is at novena medical centre, and give birth at TMC/Mt A/Mt E Novena.

Im with Dr Wee Horng Yen. Fren recommended him to me. Helped my fren who miscarriage 3 times to concieve and eventually give birth safely. A pro natural birth gynae, very patient and caring too. His price is a bit steep but definately worthwhile. Even his nurses in the clinic are equally caring. I'm in a situation whereby he give me opinions and options of choices.. Not just bcos he is my gyane and i have to be with him.. Not becos he cant handle the situation but he wanna ensure i feel comfortable and feel assured with the hospital tat i would be giving birth at. even my husband feel comfortable with Dr Wee. His clinic is at novena medical centre, and give birth at TMC/Mt A/Mt E Novena.

Hi Jo Tan, Would you know what are his delivery charges like?

hi mummy
his delivery charges is frm s$2500 onwards depending hw is ur delivery method n complexity.. mine was assisted normal delivery episodomy. he charge me 4.1k

hi mummy
his delivery charges is frm s$2500 onwards depending hw is ur delivery method n complexity.. mine was assisted normal delivery episodomy. he charge me 4.1k
Wah its really quite expensive... its just his delivery charges right - attendance fee not included. May i know which hospital u delivered at?

2500 is expensive?
Dr Aziz 4.5K
Dr Heng Tun Lang 3.5K whom we went ahead with.

Looks like $2500 is a reasonable one.

Back