(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Definitely congrats to you. Now I'm trying to breastfeed my boy. With the nurses, it seems so easy. Without them, I totally feel frustrated. Feeling soooo blue.
I also tried n failed coz no colostrum yet. He just getting familiarize with the two breast friends which nurse said is important. She also told me 7% weight loss for newborn is expected. I decide I am gg be chill. Of coz I will try my best if I can tbf but if can't I won't let him go hungry n will supplement with FM. No point getting so stressed out.

Me too my Edd is tMr gynae say 31st latest must induce

How u wanna try natural way to bring forward... I quite stress also lo wan baby to come out sooner
I keep walking coz bb not engaged lei... Walk till so tiring...ur be head engaged?
I'm not sure if baby is engaged or not. Gynae din mention.

Just now had regular contractions for a few hours but I fall asleep after 5 hours. wake up not much contraction. Zzz. Really like to play punk. I really hope it will be soon.

Hi all! I gave birth 3 days ago on 21 may.. normal induced with epidural. It was such an amazing journey to visit hell awhile for a battle and came back alive!
haha.. yeah thats how I describe it.. I was admitted 20 may at 11am.. inserted tablet to induced at 12.45pm. Nothing happened until finally 6-7pm the contraction began.. it was sooooo painful and caused my water bag burst. 2-3mins each contraction and I was still waiting for labour ward. Too full on that day.. 12am managed to be in labour ward and my dilation was 5cm. I opted for epidural to release pain, but for some reason the pain was still unbearable. The pinching pain on my pelvic bone was soooooo terrible. Gosh.. I kept asking them to check if epidural was done properly but it took them an hour to come and check.. but by ard 3am I was already 10cm dilated! after 5 cycles of contractions and pushing.. Baby was out safely by 3.49am. She was born 2.99kg and 49cm. I won my battle in hell.. Hehe.. :)

Unable to upload pic due to large file size. Hmm..

Hi all! I gave birth 3 days ago on 21 may.. normal induced with epidural. It was such an amazing journey to visit hell awhile for a battle and came back alive!
haha.. yeah thats how I describe it.. I was admitted 20 may at 11am.. inserted tablet to induced at 12.45pm. Nothing happened until finally 6-7pm the contraction began.. it was sooooo painful and caused my water bag burst. 2-3mins each contraction and I was still waiting for labour ward. Too full on that day.. 12am managed to be in labour ward and my dilation was 5cm. I opted for epidural to release pain, but for some reason the pain was still unbearable. The pinching pain on my pelvic bone was soooooo terrible. Gosh.. I kept asking them to check if epidural was done properly but it took them an hour to come and check.. but by ard 3am I was already 10cm dilated! after 5 cycles of contractions and pushing.. Baby was out safely by 3.49am. She was born 2.99kg and 49cm. I won my battle in hell.. Hehe.. :)

Congrats! Were u in KKH? Cuz KKH's labour ward always full.

Congrats!!! Rest well

Congrats! Were u in KKH? Cuz KKH's labour ward always full.
Hello..I was in SGH.. they said SG50 everyday is full!

Now I am struggling with my breast milk.. managed to squeeze abit of colostrum on day 2, but not enough to feed my bb.. she was already taking 30-40ml of formula milk on day 1.. and today is 50ml already..

Pumping also produced 5ml only so far.. need to work harder..

Congrats! Ya I also didn't react well to epidural n they had to insert again. Gosh, I still thought once u have Epi u r practically painless n in heaven. I was so wrong. I could feel the contractions n worse still, every stitch from my gynae.

I din Expect tat every body reacts so differently with epidural. I tot normally omce insert will be heaven.
Nevertheless, it was a wonderful experience gg thru the whole labour right? @isenggirl congratz to u!

Hello..I was in SGH.. they said SG50 everyday is full!

Now I am struggling with my breast milk.. managed to squeeze abit of colostrum on day 2, but not enough to feed my bb.. she was already taking 30-40ml of formula milk on day 1.. and today is 50ml already..

Pumping also produced 5ml only so far.. need to work harder..
ImageUploadedByForum1432419270.130977.jpg

See, My 3rd day only can pump few drops with blood.

U r much better than me, don't worry, u milk flow is coming very very soon.

Jiayou!

@isenggirl congrats on your new bundle of joy!! Happy to wake up to great news.

Awoken by cramps this morning at 6am+. Now it seems to subside Liao. Haha....my day goes on...

Nightmare over. Or is it the beginning? I'm not sure. Just delivered this morning naturally with gas. was like watching too fast too furious. In delivery suite at 3am, baby out at 5+am. I thought I was dying. :confused:

Wow! Congrats!! Indeed fast & furious!! To think we were still chatting about it yday, haha!

Ok.. The block ducts got so furious I'm unable to empty breast and I think it got infected and I'm getting a fever. I'm gonna say goodbye to the milking biz. Upset...

Congrats to mummies who popped! Rest well & enjoy your confinement!

@highness, don't despair. Try again. Either for this kid or your next. I failed at bf for #1 but succeeded for #2 & #3. You can do it!

Nightmare over. Or is it the beginning? I'm not sure. Just delivered this morning naturally with gas. was like watching too fast too furious. In delivery suite at 3am, baby out at 5+am. I thought I was dying. :confused:

Congrats and rest well...!! :)
envy on ur fast n furious delivery process... hope I will have that same experience next time... (only if we wanted for to haveother child...) :rolleyes:

@isenggirl
Congrats on ur new bundle of joy! Hahaha finally u won the battle of going to hell. Lols love the way how u describe it. Now welcome to motherhood. We are not longer baby making machine, we are feeding machine. Pump suck pump and suck lols

@Vinka , for me my supply also reduced all of a sudden after day 12. Now i try to pump if i nv latch bb. Night time i too tired so pump 11pm and also 4am. Jus maintain the supply even if it decreases, cos one day it will increase again.
Dont give up... Jus the thought itself will demotivate u. Dont look at ur boobs when u pump.. Try to look n play with bb, listen music watch ipad relax, drink hot water or milo... Eat some chocolate! can make u feel happier. :) just look on the bright side that no matter how little milk, jus give bb what u have...the best breastmilk!
@furbee, how do u do pumping and playing with baby? I always put my bb aside when pumping. Then my bb keep crying.

Congratz @sunstarmoon ..

@MTB-2015 , dun worry, v normal wen cracked n sore nipples come out watermelon juice! Haha i pump out 30ml when watching koream drama den saw got my milk was red! Threw it away den i rested 1 hour after applying nips cream den i pumped again all was well.

@highness , massage n apply compression, take medication if required, or even get a massage lady to urgently go over help u to express out.. Once the blocked ducts clear, ur boobs will auto have milk de... Now even if u stop also will be blocked... U dun stress urself. Even if stop bf, dont feel down... Fm also is gd enuff. Take gd care!

@mylilsheep , i place bb beside me. When cry i stop pumping one side den latch... Sure will sleep back in 3mins den i pump again lor.. If not now i standby pacifier haha.

I don't ever want to give birth again. Soooo painful. Dr reprimanded me for not taking epidural. But nurse encourage no use of epidural and asked when we want a second baby since i give birth so fast. Geez. I really feel like I just had a train wreck. Already not feeling well before delivery. Now feverish. Just managed to bf for the first time. Yes!

@isenggirl
Congrats on ur new bundle of joy! Hahaha finally u won the battle of going to hell. Lols love the way how u describe it. Now welcome to motherhood. We are not longer baby making machine, we are feeding machine. Pump suck pump and suck lols

haha lol.. Yeah now pumping 1hr already, only accumulates 10ml.. ytd 1hr also 10ml only.. my total pump is 20ml only! haha.. work hard work hard..

haha lol.. Yeah now pumping 1hr already, only accumulates 10ml.. ytd 1hr also 10ml only.. my total pump is 20ml only! haha.. work hard work hard..

You have done very well already... don't give up.:)
during my stay in hospital I had to use hand manually pressed out breastmilk for my jaundice baby... 1 hr hand pressing only producing 5 ml... so tiring. o_O

Congrats! Ya I also didn't react well to epidural n they had to insert again. Gosh, I still thought once u have Epi u r practically painless n in heaven. I was so wrong. I could feel the contractions n worse still, every stitch from my gynae.
Oh dear that's terrible Skivewalker. Hope u r recovering well now.

Ok.. The block ducts got so furious I'm unable to empty breast and I think it got infected and I'm getting a fever. I'm gonna say goodbye to the milking biz. Upset...
Try get a massage lady to help u unlock the ducts. It helps as I have numerous block ducts earlier too. Aft that I just continue to pump on regular basis. It is a diff journey in bf. What ever decision u made, it doesn't make u less of a mother so don't be upset! U r still most important person in your LO eyes

Congratz @sunstarmoon ..

@MTB-2015 , dun worry, v normal wen cracked n sore nipples come out watermelon juice! Haha i pump out 30ml when watching koream drama den saw got my milk was red! Threw it away den i rested 1 hour after applying nips cream den i pumped again all was well.

@highness , massage n apply compression, take medication if required, or even get a massage lady to urgently go over help u to express out.. Once the blocked ducts clear, ur boobs will auto have milk de... Now even if u stop also will be blocked... U dun stress urself. Even if stop bf, dont feel down... Fm also is gd enuff. Take gd care!

@mylilsheep , i place bb beside me. When cry i stop pumping one side den latch... Sure will sleep back in 3mins den i pump again lor.. If not now i standby pacifier haha.
Been to doc, and confirm is breast infection. Given antibiotic, anti-inflammation, and pain killer. Tell me to go see lactation nurse again Tmr, to clear the ducts. If 2-3dats no recover, I need to see a breast surgeon. Faint!

Apply 1-2 drops on my hands and rub, then put my hands on LO's feet and hold for a while. Then wear socks for LO.
What's the purpose for applying ru yi you on feet ?

My baby's tummy bloated, so My MIL gave me ru yi you, but my friend told me that it's to strong for newborn baby. I really confused, don't know whom to listen to.

My baby's tummy bloated, so My MIL gave me ru yi you, but my friend told me that it's to strong for newborn baby. I really confused, don't know whom to listen to.
I used ruyi oil for my #1 and current baby ever since they came back from hospital. So far so good. You have to try a little bit and see how your baby react to it. If you are concerned, don't put to much. It's to get rid of wind if apply on tummy. For application on the soles of the feet if I'm not wrong is to keep baby warm. I applied at soles of feet and put on socks for both my kids as well.

You have done very well already... don't give up.:)
during my stay in hospital I had to use hand manually pressed out breastmilk for my jaundice baby... 1 hr hand pressing only producing 5 ml... so tiring. o_O

Wah i admire u.. i m using breast pump to pump out.. during hosp stay i also tried to latch directly to my bb but she was so angry even after 4hrs of on and off latching.. she is a great "milk" sucker..

Abit disappointed with my mom.. she keeps saying I wont have enuf milk.. bb suffer if keep waiting for me, etc etc. and also said if I ever produce alot or too much milk, she will buy me a dedicated freezer to store. What an insult?! Sigh.. Its bcoz she didnt have enuf bm last time doesnt mean I wont right? Zzz..

1hr pumping now about 35ml haha.. can only feed my bb once.. jia you all !

Dear all,

Thanks for ur encouragement! I have moved back on saturday and is more or less settled with little babe at our own place. Hubby thinks its for the better that we shift back as everyone is under alot of mental stress and should have a break.

My mum is still calling my relatives to try to convince us to shift back. I just wan a good rest before CL leaves... Thereafter maybe just bring baby to her house in the day as its near hubby's workplace... She went all dramatic yesterday and started carrying baby for the first time since cl came and asked baby to promise her we will shift back...

My cl also seems more relaxed at our own house...

Same here. Friends say they apply for their babies but some relatives say it's too strong for babies.

My CL applied ru yi oil on my baby's tummy, back and sole of feet when she had a lot of wind in her tummy then. Worked well on her. She felt better and cried less after that. I guess we can apply a little bit and see how baby reacts.

Dear all,

Thanks for ur encouragement! I have moved back on saturday and is more or less settled with little babe at our own place. Hubby thinks its for the better that we shift back as everyone is under alot of mental stress and should have a break.

My mum is still calling my relatives to try to convince us to shift back. I just wan a good rest before CL leaves... Thereafter maybe just bring baby to her house in the day as its near hubby's workplace... She went all dramatic yesterday and started carrying baby for the first time since cl came and asked baby to promise her we will shift back...

My cl also seems more relaxed at our own house...
Hmm..
i might have missed it but what happened to u and ur mom?

I'm going home tomorrow from hospital. Starting to get nervous as we are going to be handling everything alone without the help of experienced nurse.

Just curious, for baby, do i blow the fan towards them or should I oscillate the fan? Also, can baby sleep in air con room at night?

So you guys wear mittens and socks for the baby at home?

Lastly when do you cut their fingernails? My LO has really long nails on some fingers. Like just now when the mittens came out of his hands, i panicked. Very scared he scratch his face.

I'm going home tomorrow from hospital. Starting to get nervous as we are going to be handling everything alone without the help of experienced nurse.

Just curious, for baby, do i blow the fan towards them or should I oscillate the fan? Also, can baby sleep in air con room at night?

So you guys wear mittens and socks for the baby at home?

Lastly when do you cut their fingernails? My LO has really long nails on some fingers. Like just now when the mittens came out of his hands, i panicked. Very scared he scratch his face.

My baby wear mittens n booties at home. My baby already scratched his face on day 1 in hospital. When came home, I let him latched on n my hubby helped to cut his nails. That's the moment he is not moving much. On n off the mittens drop off, then he scratches his face again.

I let my baby sleeps in air con room but cover him well w blanket. When the air con is not on, I will on the fan but not directly towards him.

My girl wears mittens and booties as well, at home and going out. Only let the mittens off during bathtime and playtime. I trim her nails every 5 days it seems. Her nails grow very fast. During her first 2 weeks, I remember just peel her nails as they were very soft. I trim her nails when she's sleeping.

My bb face have lotsa scratches. Tdy celebrated his full mth, n stop wearing mittens cos i feel will restrict bb finger coordination.so far only one major small scratch that left a minor 'mark' .. Some leave for 2-3mths den remove. Really depends on ur comfort level :) to me, i wont heartpain when got blood.. Cos is learning process ma

My parents abit pan tang so only after shaving den can cut finger n toe nails. (Top to bottom)

I also nv blow directly or into the nose direction even on fan.. Every night sure is aircon + fan!

@Purplehunny , u after latch pump?
1) maybe one breast lesser milk ducts so will produce less
2) maybe u frequently latch one side, so tat side produce more milk
For me i also one side lesser den the other..so i dun really bother as long enuff for bb drink... :)
Not to worry, i feel no 2 sides are equal :p My nips one side v large the other v small.. Must be #2 when latch, she only suck one side..haha now her didi no choice must get used to 2 sizes..

@MTB-2015 , i also been putting ruyi oil since back home for all the kids.. :)

@cool_y2 , i watch dramas mostly, n surf tis forum lor..... :)

Mine also lots of scratch marks on face...mittens always fall off. Heard from my CL that there's a type of tape to tape up the mittens opening.. only sold in hospital pharmacy. Tomorrow I'll go look for it.

My CL says 1mth later then can cut finger nails...aiyoo...so mittens is a MUST now.

Day time...fan and natural wind in living room. Night time...air-con room.

My breast 1 side more sore...so i dare not latch or pump on it. :(

I don't know bout ruyi oil...no one told me if I need it and how to use it.

Oh... feel more relief that I'm not the only 1 who latch and surf together. I feel bad when my CL looking at me surfing while bf-ing...thinking I'm a don't care mother.

Back