MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

rem to let us know the weight etc :)

so happy for you!!
sure sure!

btw ladies today at clinic I met another twin mummy who has given birth to her 2 girls, she said to eat more avocados and nuts to pump more fats to bbs esp during last trimester if low birth weight is a concern..she did so as week 34 like me one of bbs still not fat enough then boom! when bbs born both over 2.5kg! I am trying my best to eat more now..despite feeling really full at times..

sure sure!

btw ladies today at clinic I met another twin mummy who has given birth to her 2 girls, she said to eat more avocados and nuts to pump more fats to bbs esp during last trimester if low birth weight is a concern..she did so as week 34 like me one of bbs still not fat enough then boom! when bbs born both over 2.5kg! I am trying my best to eat more now..despite feeling really full at times..

Yay I been missing my avocado juice!...good reason to resume it. I'll store this info for my third tribester

Congrats @Lambi. How's both twinnies doing now? The weight gap still there?
the scan yesterday was only for Doppler..as in checking blood flow to brain and thru placenta and not the weight..I tried to ask the weight but the sonographer says cannot wait she kena scolding from my gynae..she say if only 2 weeks not much difference in weight de..so rescan next week see again..next Friday..that means every week now till I give birth hv to see gynae once a week

Hi, can I check when did your doctors talk to you about scheduling c-sec dates? I'm now 26 weeks. My next appt will be at 30 weeks.

Hi, can I check when did your doctors talk to you about scheduling c-sec dates? I'm now 26 weeks. My next appt will be at 30 weeks.
I believe most doctors will do so when you are In your late trimester..say ard week 33/34/35? Cos mostly gynaes will push for week 37 c-sect for twins as they are considered full term then..you might want to ask your gynae when you meet him/her in your week 30 to be more sure?

@Lambi, hv u chosen ur csect date? My gynae already ask me about it and need to do booking for the op theatre. Initially i choose week 38, he says not possible. Ask me to choose somewhere between 10~19th june. By then i will b only 36~37w :(
Hi ellesie

My gynae initially asked me to choose my c section date when they are 38 weeks. But I suggested 37 weeks and she's also ok with it. She said babies should be >2kg by then so should be ok.
I'm now into 33weeks. Last checkup babies are 1.8kg..
Keeping fingers crossed... I'm still working till my c section date. And walking around a lot too.

@oohlahlah, wah ur gynae ok with 38w? My gynae dun even think i can last till 37w. Will decide after doing the blood flow scan this Thurs. U very steady can still walk around. Now even i stand already can feel the pressure down there.

Actually day time still ok. Night time very horrible, turn here turn there, also not comfortable. And I sometimes have very bad pain in my pelvis and lower back. Did your gynae say which is the better posture to zzz?

Hi mummies...
I'm in my 25th week n feeling stronger w their kicks (I'm having 2 boys)!
I just wanna ask do you all face any problems w sleeping? No matter which side I sleep on, left or right, they will each kick me. Seems like pressing on them....
I'm kinda worried if I'm really impeding their movement or invading their space!
Hi tildateo, im having 2 boys too n i have the same prb.. don worry they have the placenta to protect them.. most of the time, I'll jus smile at at their kicks. They r jus catching our attention :)

Doc suggest to sleep on left side. But i sleep flat instead until recently then change my position cos e twinnies weight suddenly hv big gap. Im not sure is it bcos my sleeping position tat cause it. So now i change my sleeping position and for thurs scan, see any difference or not. For me even stand up also hv issue, not saying walking. The pressure on the bladder is horrible n also the cramp and bbs movement cause me breathless.

What kind of nuts? I am not gaining much weight too.. I'm into my 26 week but just gained 7.5kg for my own weight.

@mrs tann, more impt bbs gain the weight. Im in my 34w, also just gain 7.8 but bbs total about 4kg already. I took almond nuts and cranberries

Anyone got good recommendation on confinement ladies that experienced in handling twins can share here? Searching up and down for one. Most of them only good at one. My edd should be DEC. Thanks.

I booked with PEM confinement agency. $3.5K for twins, each month they only do a pair of twins.

@mrs tann, more impt bbs gain the weight. Im in my 34w, also just gain 7.8 but bbs total about 4kg already. I took almond nuts and cranberries
Wow!! Only 7.8kg and babies 4kg! How did u do it?

I'm in 33 weeks and I gained 14kg. Babies weight about 3.6kg total.

I booked with PEM confinement agency. $3.5K for twins, each month they only do a pair of twins.
I've also booked with PEM. Their requirement is that I have a maid. Now I headache cos my previous maid has left and my new maid will be delayed till end jun while Im giving birth on 22nd June. Dunno if the confinement nanny will refuse.

Wow.. how's your diet like? I am at week 19, already gained 5kg. I still have another half of the pregnancy to go.

Hi mummies... Have not been active here for the last few months...

My wife is pregnant wif 2 boys at her 29-30 week... Seeing Dr Fong Yang (anyone here wif FY) tomz for 30th week check.

Can I find out whether is there any test need to be done from now till birth?

Hi puppy2006,

Wow... That is very recent... How did u manage to hold till 37 weeks?

Care to share the birthing experience and also the cost of the delivery???

@shaoosmama, mine was c-sect, fraternal twin... Actually wanted to go natural but 'cos the other twin might risk coming out the hands first though both were in good position for natural

@joshua, less walking... I started less walking mostly staying at home @ week 30 cos Dr FY said do less walking unlike my prev single pregnancy so I did less shopping n walking. The bill in total inclusive of the twins were abt $13k which yet to less out payable by medisave. Mine supposed to schedule to deliver on 5 May but both boys couldn't wait & trigger labour on labour day... Dr FY's fee was around $5k+

@puppy2006, my edd supposedly on 9 jul but seeing my condition, dr fy says it will b very good if i can last till 10 june which is about 36w +. Hvnt confirmed on date yet ,pending for my blood flow scan this thurs as e twins hv sudden big gap in weight. How heavy r ur twinnies and how is mt a? I hvnt decided between mt a or mt e novena.

@puppy2006, btw since urs initially is elective csect then change to emergency csect, how do they charge u? And wat is the symptoms u hv tats y need to deliver earlier than scheduled csect?

@shaoosmama, mine was c-sect, fraternal twin... Actually wanted to go natural but 'cos the other twin might risk coming out the hands first though both were in good position for natural

@joshua, less walking... I started less walking mostly staying at home @ week 30 cos Dr FY said do less walking unlike my prev single pregnancy so I did less shopping n walking. The bill in total inclusive of the twins were abt $13k which yet to less out payable by medisave. Mine supposed to schedule to deliver on 5 May but both boys couldn't wait & trigger labour on labour day... Dr FY's fee was around $5k+
congrats on your new borns. My doctor will be giving me hospitalization leave from week 30 onwards for bed rest. I hope they will stay in me as long as possible too.

You all are so lucky... Get hospitalization leave so early on... I asked my gynae for hospitalization leave for 1 week from 36 weeks (c section scheduled at 37 weeks), she said no need. I can use my maternity leave if I want to rest early. :(

Oohlahlah, under which hosp are u? Mostly govt hosp gynae not really pro hosp leave. Private gynae more lenient. Each visit my gynae will ask me whether i need mc or hl?

@puppy2006 ... We have planned for C-sect on 15 July (37 weeks). Am planning for my wife to go on Hospital leave from 8 June onwards.

How heavy were ur babies at birth?

@ ellesie, the symptom was tt triggered labour was every steps I moved, there's a contraction @ 5 mins apart... My left twin was already very low during the scan the day before... Sm how tge bills no reflect as emergency c sec, juz indicated as lscs, term used for c sec. My 1st twin weighs 2.54kg and 2nd twin weighs 2.48kg.. All good weights for twins...

@ ellesie, I gave birth to my 1st @ mt a and loves the environment since then...smhow the nurses in mt a especially OL (our lady ward) are really great... Both last n this birth I stayed in OL and really enjoyed their chat when they pushed the bbs into the room for bfeeding or changes my bed...and this year mt a gave 2 years ladies card for free and $100 off the hospital bill automatically... Not sure what perks that mt e novena have but definitely convenient for dr FY to drop by fast for delivery

@ joshua, my twins weighs 2.54kg & 2.48kg at birth... Not sure about your stomach pain, are u refering to braxton hicks? For pelvic pain, it's common... Juz rest on bed n try not to sit too much too... Less walking... Later part ur wife will experience ribcage pain too... I got tt pain very frequent esp when my twin's leg gave a kick during week 34 onwards... Cos due to space constraints, they started to stretch their legs up to ribcage...

Hi mummies... I'm in my 20th wk n had been having stomach pain for almost a week... pain is similar to tummy ache... isit normal? Anyone else experience?

@ joshua, my twins weighs 2.54kg & 2.48kg at birth... Not sure about your stomach pain, are u refering to braxton hicks? For pelvic pain, it's common... Juz rest on bed n try not to sit too much too... Less walking... Later part ur wife will experience ribcage pain too... I got tt pain very frequent esp when my twin's leg gave a kick during week 34 onwards... Cos due to space constraints, they started to stretch their legs up to ribcage...
Is the ribcage pain a very sharp pain like needle poking? I experienced it last night on my right ribs, right under my breast and it's so painful that I couldn't move because every movement triggers the pain. I'm only week 19 though.

@ aautumnn, the pain is like sm1 kicked u hard on ur bone that almost broken like tt...maybe ur bb's leg high up there having fun kicking around... I only started to experience it @ my 34 weeks

@ aautumnn, the pain is like sm1 kicked u hard on ur bone that almost broken like tt...maybe ur bb's leg high up there having fun kicking around... I only started to experience it @ my 34 weeks

Is the ribcage pain a very sharp pain like needle poking? I experienced it last night on my right ribs, right under my breast and it's so painful that I couldn't move because every movement triggers the pain. I'm only week 19 though.
Yes mine is like that. Just below the breast. At first I thought my bra was too tight, but even without the bra, the pain happens. And now when I lie on my side, and try to get up, the pain can be quite sharp. I started having that about 30 weeks.

Mummies... My wife suddenly complain back very pain... Dunno is it also part n parcel of the rip cage pain and pelvis pain...

Any mummies here is doing pre nata massage? Will it help?

I've pre natal massage packages at Clarins and Beauty mum babes. I actually prefer the one at Beauty mum babes. Initially it did help with my lower back pain. But as I progress into my pregnancy, the relief is only temporary. Just feel shiok shiok for a while but few days later the pain is back.

Hi, did anyone buy other insurance other than the one under Great Eastern that we bought it compulsory when doing ivf? I worried about pre term and nicu cost.

Hi Kate, I'm a mum of 3 (going on 4 come Sep 2015) and an agent with AIA. JTS, the AIA maternity insurance covers twins and also babies conceived via IVF. If you're interested to find out more, do contact me via PM or 90027696.

Back