Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I started with 112.5 gonal... no response so swap to 75/150 pergo and gonal. Then last few days swap again to 75 menopur.

I am not super hardworking when it comes to diet but I did try to cut my sugar and up my protein. I eat egg whites, whey protein drink, protein bars, immunocal. But still do eat rice and some carbs. I just cut out the high sugar type of desserts and bread
Is this your first ivf? Where did u get ur whey proteins? You started your high protein diet right after you start your stim?
When you say no response meaning not many follicles? Your dr is prof? Did u ask why so many different types of stim? Mine he just increase the dosage of gonal-f but didn't seem to produce many good quality embbies:(
Sorry so many questions...

Is this your first ivf? Where did u get ur whey proteins? You started your high protein diet right after you start your stim?
When you say no response meaning not many follicles? Your dr is prof? Did u ask why so many different types of stim? Mine he just increase the dosage of gonal-f but didn't seem to produce many good quality embbies:(
Sorry so many questions...

No worries! Just ask me anything although im not an expert just sharing my experience.

1. Yes first ivf
2. I bought from iherb. Iherb is awesome u can get everything and anything.
3. I started on certain days before my stim but i didnt take them daily. I just took them as and when i felt like it/was convenient to me. After my stims start then i did daily.
4. No response means the follicles hardly grew much. I think after 4 days of stim they were still like 6 mm types.
5. I was under prof but due to his absence i requested for dr chew to take over.
6. I didn't ask why.... I think dr chew just wanted to try different meds to see what worked better. Based on what i read from other threads, many ladies seem to have good response to pergoveris (its the most expensive med by the way compare to menopur or gonal f) so u may wanna ask prof if u can try that.

When is ur next cycle? Good luck to u too!

No worries! Just ask me anything although im not an expert just sharing my experience.

1. Yes first ivf
2. I bought from iherb. Iherb is awesome u can get everything and anything.
3. I started on certain days before my stim but i didnt take them daily. I just took them as and when i felt like it/was convenient to me. After my stims start then i did daily.
4. No response means the follicles hardly grew much. I think after 4 days of stim they were still like 6 mm types.
5. I was under prof but due to his absence i requested for dr chew to take over.
6. I didn't ask why.... I think dr chew just wanted to try different meds to see what worked better. Based on what i read from other threads, many ladies seem to have good response to pergoveris (its the most expensive med by the way compare to menopur or gonal f) so u may wanna ask prof if u can try that.

When is ur next cycle? Good luck to u too!
Where's iherb? Online?
How's your fsh level like?
I still have one frozen embby, and seeing prof only in July! Still gotta wait so looongggg.... But I suppose will go for FET this time round since still have one snow bb.
Just finding out more before next fresh cycle.
So how much is your cycle altogether? Your meds dosage not very high.. I started on 225 goal-f I think

Where's iherb? Online?
How's your fsh level like?
I still have one frozen embby, and seeing prof only in July! Still gotta wait so looongggg.... But I suppose will go for FET this time round since still have one snow bb.
Just finding out more before next fresh cycle.
So how much is your cycle altogether? Your meds dosage not very high.. I started on 225 goal-f I think
Ya Chloe mind asking how old r u? Dr Anu say for me 38 got 5 embryos lucky liow.. Think she trying to console me..

dreamscometrue I think it really depends on how well we respond to the stims cos I was on maximum dosage and produce only 11 follicles with 9 retrieved and 5 fertilized. Then I jokingly tell nurse in this lifetime I can have 5 chances to have 5 kids!

dreamscometrue I think it really depends on how well we respond to the stims cos I was on maximum dosage and produce only 11 follicles with 9 retrieved and 5 fertilized. Then I jokingly tell nurse in this lifetime I can have 5 chances to have 5 kids!

Nah... You have 5 chances to have 10 kids! Each embryo may divide into 2 ;)

One woman gave birth to quadruplets after both her embryos divided.

Last edited:
Ya Chloe mind asking how old r u? Dr Anu say for me 38 got 5 embryos lucky liow.. Think she trying to console me..

Hi, which stage are you in now?

I'm 32. I think for my age my number of eggs is average only

Oh my I am at mbs, can someone tell me it's ok to tuck in oysters and sashimi after ET?

I strongly advise not to...hibernation period for bacteria infection is ~14days...so once u slurp that yummy oyster down, n gobble down that slice of irresistible salmon sashimi..u r at risk until ~14days later...n only noe by then...

Last edited:
We are about the same age! I had 9 follies but only 6 were big enough to have matured eggs..
U have a girl conceived naturally right? Did dr say what's the reason u need ivf now if you don't mind sharing?
Yups. My hb has poor sperm (all factors bad type ) and I have a suspected block right tube. How I conceived my girl I also dunno leh haha... maybe was a miracle or really lucky chance.

Yups. My hb has poor sperm (all factors bad type ) and I have a suspected block right tube. How I conceived my girl I also dunno leh haha... maybe was a miracle or really lucky chance.
How old did u conceive your daughter? Maybe when younger its much easier to conceive.. That's what I believe

How old did u conceive your daughter? Maybe when younger its much easier to conceive.. That's what I believe
Actually she's turning 2 in June... and I started trying when she's 6 mths old... But I do agree our bodies can change a lot in a short period of time and definitely we are more tired now from looking after her.

Last edited:
Many of us will be busy symptom spotting during tww, including googling nonstop and squeezing our ( )( ) lol.

I definitely found my tww to last like 14 months instead of 14 days. Wish it passes quickly, yet I fear facing the truth at the end of it.
You make me laugh out so very loud literally. Ya la like when driving I also do this towards the ( • ) ( • ) these looks more like mine cos I D cup! Or maybe not so perky ( . ) ( . ) no choice against gravity

Chloe: my BT on next Tuesday

You make me laugh out so very loud literally. Ya la like when driving I also do this towards the ( • ) ( • ) these looks more like mine cos I D cup! Or maybe not so perky ( . ) ( . ) no choice against gravity

Haha I have edited my message to reflect your D cup! :D

Good luck! U are one week down! Haha. Try online shopping? Tvb drama. Anything to take mind off

Many of us will be busy symptom spotting during tww, including googling nonstop and squeezing our ( • ) ( • ) lol.

I definitely found my tww to last like 14 months instead of 14 days. Wish it passes quickly, yet I really fear facing the truth at the end of it.

I guess every lady wish to hav that round & perky ones....doine doine...haha

I am not sure. Just called chr and they are going to arrange.

Likely u will b cycling in Aug then...coz u will need at least 1 consultation before embarking..Prof is almost out for the mth of Jun...if get to see him in Jul...after NorE, shld b ard Aug alr...:)

Prof shld b back alr coz im seeing him this wed..if u can b slotted in this week...norE in jun...then we r cycling buddies...woohoo!

Last edited:
Likely u will b cycling in Aug then...coz u will need at least 1 consultation before embarking..Prof is almost out for the mth of Jun...if get to see him in Jul...after NorE, shld b ard Aug alr...:)

Prof shld b back alr coz im seeing him this wed..if u can b slotted in this week...norE in jun...then we r cycling buddies...woohoo!
We should be the cycling buddy. I am prof patient. He sent me to chr for ivf consultation on my last iui cycle. Thus, I don't think I need to consult him again before I start ivf. However my medical record is still with the clinic. Chr has made a request to access to the record and they will get back to me by today. Hopefully nothing goes wrong there.

We should be the cycling buddy. I am prof patient. He sent me to chr for ivf consultation on my last iui cycle. Thus, I don't think I need to consult him again before I start ivf. However my medical record is still with the clinic. Chr has made a request to access to the record and they will get back to me by today. Hopefully nothing goes wrong there.

Ah ic...Woohoo!...so u hav alr firmed up on when to start norE n stim cycle with Prof/Chr...u collected ur norE prescription alr?

I'm on cd10 today..if I start norE this cycle..by counting the days, stim cycle may start mid jun..Prof is out of office then...so Im thinking of starting norE next cycle...so tt all my scans, ER,ET will b in the care of his magic hands...

Last edited:
Ah ic...Woohoo!...so u hav alr firmed up on when to start norE n stim cycle with Prof/Chr...u collected ur norE prescription alr?

I'm on cd10 today..if I start norE this cycle..by counting the days, stim cycle may start mid jun..Prof is out of office then...so Im thinking of starting norE next cycle...so tt all my scans, ER,ET will b in the care of his magic hands...
Still waiting for chr to call me back to confirm the dates.
u are meeting him on Wednesday right? U can decide then after seeing him. if your er and et are early July then should be under his care but not stim period.

Hi everyone

I jus failed my 5th iui and preparing to embark on the ivf journey. I have succeeded on my second iui attempt but unfortunately I had a mc =(

My first appt with Prof is in July so wonder how long do I have to wait before I start my journey.

I was feeling very down and cried many times when I was alone cos i felt no one around me understand my feelings - my loss, friends' pregnancy announcements... However reading this thread gave me hope again and I really admire you gals for all ur courage and determination.

Hi everyone

I jus failed my 5th iui and preparing to embark on the ivf journey. I have succeeded on my second iui attempt but unfortunately I had a mc =(

My first appt with Prof is in July so wonder how long do I have to wait before I start my journey.

I was feeling very down and cried many times when I was alone cos i felt no one around me understand my feelings - my loss, friends' pregnancy announcements... However reading this thread gave me hope again and I really admire you gals for all ur courage and determination.
Welcome here... hope u graduate soon though haha. U probably shud be able to ivf in aug if u see prof in July. Take heart that we are all facing this tgt so feel free to share or ventilate here

Does anyone know why we need to pay the insurance right before ET, even before we are positive for the BT? Why cannot pay after BT confirms preg? Feeling the pain having to pay almost $300 for 2 embbies transfer but failed in the end.. :(((

Thanks Chloe =)

Hope all of us here will graduate soon! All the best to those who r in the tww!

Wat is the process after the first consultation? Read that need to attend counseling session...

Thanks Chloe =)

Wat is the process after the first consultation? Read that need to attend counseling session...
Actually NUH consultation very fast, in fact after comparing i felt NUH process faster

Actually NUH consultation very fast, in fact after comparing i felt NUH process faster

I see... I always tot Prof Is a pte gynae so I went for the first consultation at kkh. Was told to call back when AF arrive to book a test and appt w doc few wks later. Now tat I know I can still get gov sub under Prof, I wan to switch over.

Thanks Chloe =)

If prof agreed upon ivf, he will send u for conseling session. It can be done right away.

Back