PCOS and Pregnant

vivavia

First pregnancy so not really sure what to expect and a bit worried cos I have pcos condition. I wasn't taking any medication to treat pcos but been reading articles that sounds a bit scary. Any mummies with similar situation?

Hi vivavia, congrats on your BFP! How long you've been ttc?
From what I know, there's no medication to treat PCOs - the only thing the gyane will advise those who are overweight is to shed off some extra pounds to see if it can help. Oh dear, I am so envy of you <3

Hehe, me and SO wasn't trying actually. It's a pleasant surprise. (with initial shock)
Now a baby and a wedding OTW. *Big smile*

Anyone with similar condition please share your valuable experience please!

Hehe, me and SO wasn't trying actually. It's a pleasant surprise. (with initial shock)
Now a baby and a wedding OTW. *Big smile*

Anyone with similar condition please share your valuable experience please!

Wow vivavia, we r quite similar! Baby and wedding came hand in hand for me too, cos i thought it wont be easy for me to conceive so din take any precautions :D

I just gave birth last mth. Pregnancy journey was relatively smooth except for GD, which is quite common among those with PCOS. But this can be essily controlled with a sensible diet :)

Congrats to u again and enjoy the pregnancy journey!

I too have PCOS . Gave birth to a bb girl this feb.... not sure what is it that scares u but like wat oscar lee said, there is a high chance u get GDM but that is not a big issue with diet and lifestyle modification.

Online articles are like saying it can be higher risks etc etc etc. *trying not to think too much*

Yeap luckily I have been adjusting my food selection since I was diagnosed with PCOS and I can no longer eat too sweet and perfectly ok with complex carbs. Quite a bummer I cannot have salad now so adjusting my diet again. Now still a bit overweight but don't think I can do much strenuous exercise at this moment. Just walking my dog as often as I can now. LOL

Online articles are like saying it can be higher risks etc etc etc. *trying not to think too much*

Yeap luckily I have been adjusting my food selection since I was diagnosed with PCOS and I can no longer eat too sweet and perfectly ok with complex carbs. Quite a bummer I cannot have salad now so adjusting my diet again. Now still a bit overweight but don't think I can do much strenuous exercise at this moment. Just walking my dog as often as I can now. LOL

Ya vivavia dun worry too much, worrying on its own is already a risk :)...PCOS is partly hormonal related so if u think happy thoughts, it will definitely help u a great deal. I was prescribed "an tai yao" by gynae during the first 3 mths to reduce the risks. Thereafter i just try to reduce stress at work, do things tht made me happy, take supplements faithfully, and then countdown to the day of welcoming my little jewel. :)

Thank you Oscar!
I've got a TCM appointment (the mark lee doctor) in June that was arranged ages ago (originally booked appt to treat PCOS). Do you think I should still go for that TCM appointment parallel with gynae visit ah?

Thank you Oscar!
I've got a TCM appointment (the mark lee doctor) in June that was arranged ages ago (originally booked appt to treat PCOS). Do you think I should still go for that TCM appointment parallel with gynae visit ah?
i think now tt u r preggie no need alrdy ba

Thank you Oscar!

I was on TCM before i conceive, but stopped cos i didn't want to consume too many types of supplements (gynae shld have prescribed u with fish oil, calcium and multi-vits?). Was fully relying on the expert opinion of gynae since only they know what's happening inside my body) during pregnancy, and will resume TCM to tiao aft confinement. :)

Some would still continue their TCM - perhaps can check with your physician for his/her opinion.
BTW, is that Chen Qiu Mei at Chinatown?

Some would still continue their TCM - perhaps can check with your physician for his/her opinion.
BTW, is that Chen Qiu Mei at Chinatown?

Yes yes yes. Is Dr Chen Qiu Mei. Queued for months so kinda curious if I should go look see look see and hear what she has to say. *Curious*
My first gynae visit is next Monday. I will ask him if I can go visit TCM.

Is that your first consultation with her? If you've not been seeing her before your pregnancy, perhaps you should just stick to your gynae instead.
Good luck :)

Yes yes yes. Is Dr Chen Qiu Mei. Queued for months so kinda curious if I should go look see look see and hear what she has to say. *Curious*
My first gynae visit is next Monday. I will ask him if I can go visit TCM.

I got pcos too..Tried with gyne for a yr.. no luck..saw chen qiu mei And got preggy during the first cycle..she is good! Now waiting for bb to pop anytime : )

Back