IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

I just went kk n my hcg level is 1860. My next appt will be on 5 jun. still cannot believe it.

@shiro_ger yes just hope for the best n prepare for the worst. Meanwhile, do the things u like. I was watching you tube at home most of the time. Watched 爸爸在哪儿... Finished the 12 episode! V funny.

@mesara @twinkletot @jas249 thanks ladies.

Hoping more girls will get Bfp

So pergoveris is good! Haha

Wah HCG so high. You transferred 2 right? Could it be twin?

Hi megani congrats. You hcg level quite high. Mine is 1000+ day 17. Btw i dreamt of you getring bfp on tuesday night. Oh my dream really come true!!!!!!!!
Did my scan today and saw heartbeat. Singleton.

You have crossed another hurdle! The next one is the detailed scan liao.... Jia You!

H
You have crossed another hurdle! The next one is the detailed scan liao.... Jia You!

Hi shiro_ger. Today i did my scan and my detailed scan. Doctor requested me to so detailed scan to confirm no etopic as i had etopic history. Btw when is the actual detailed scan scheduled?

I just went kk n my hcg level is 1860. My next appt will be on 5 jun. still cannot believe it.

@shiro_ger yes just hope for the best n prepare for the worst. Meanwhile, do the things u like. I was watching you tube at home most of the time. Watched 爸爸在哪儿... Finished the 12 episode! V funny.

@mesara @twinkletot @jas249 thanks ladies.

Hoping more girls will get Bfp

So pergoveris is good! Haha
@meganl, wow!!! ur hcg is v high!!! mayb is twins hor...so happy for u!!!

H

Hi shiro_ger. Today i did my scan and my detailed scan. Doctor requested me to so detailed scan to confirm no etopic as i had etopic history. Btw when is the actual detailed scan scheduled?

I can't remember, think it has to be done before end of 2nd Trim. That one is to measure nasal bone etc to detect possibility of Down Syndrome.

Hurrybaby and meganl congrats on yr high hcg. ...mine not even 4 digits...kind of worried though it's doubling every 2 days...kind of slow and steady growth....hope and pray all will go well. Very cautiously happy

Last edited:
Hurrybaby and meganl congrats on ye high hcg. ...mine not even 4 digits...kind of worries though it's doubling every 2 days...kind of alow and steady growth....hope and pray all will go well. Very cautiously happy

Don't worry bout the level, as long as you passed kk passing mark, you told me is 250!

Hi @Hurrybaby , i am so honored u still dreamt abt me? haha

The nurse didn't say if 1860 is high and might result in twins.... i also dun know why issit so high when I have not much symptoms...

Yes, I transferred 2 Grade 3 embryos. One of the egg the Embryologist mentioned it's too thick and they had to laser off the side so it might help in implantation... not very sure as i didnt listen carefully.

For my first fresh, i did not do acupuncture whereas for the this 2nd fresh, i did. I went for acupuncture 1.5mths before my IVF cycle...

@milogal88 Thanks for giving me advice whether to go for acupuncture after ET... i did went 3 times after my ET and this might have helped me too. I was thinking, nothing to lose, so I told my hubby and he sent me there for the 3 times. Initially he thought it was very unsafe to be poke and plus the electric current, dun know ok or not... but i read in those western forum and they actually believe in acupuncture. So i shown him the article and he said ok lor ...

Anyway ladies, really no harm trying acupuncture or TCM as I felt it really did help me ... FYI, i went to Dr Zou at AMK.

As for the food I took during TWW, I only drank red dates, long gan drink (but not daily), egg whites (also not daily). I took normal food and even had mcdonald and KFC. Towards the end of my TWW and i thought i already no hope, i even drank some cold water and ate spicy food (in moderation). Guess all these made me very happy and didn't think much abt the result as in my heart, i sort of given up. As mentioned, hope for the best and prepared for the worst.

After i got the results, i felt a bit strange as now, i got to get myself prepared. Although this is something i wanted for many years, now it happened, I am at a loss. There are so many things to consider. Whether can we cope, whether to get maid and who is going to take care etc etc... and things got to start all over again cos my daughter is already 6 yrs old .. jialat ... think its also another stress, maybe happy stress... anyway take one step at a time.

@mesara what is your HCG today? I also dun know if i will end up with twins or not... but i hope just one. Easier to manage. If its my first pregnancy, i dun mind twins... as if i can choose. However, i am happy as long as able to get pregnant.

Let's have a safe pregnancy ahead.

@twinkletot Good luck for your ER tmr.

@jas249 are u starting ur stimulation soon?

@shiro_ger & @milogal88 Hope you can join us soon ... enjoy ur TWW...

@mesara what is your HCG today? I also dun know if i will end up with twins or not... but i hope just one. Easier to manage. If its my first pregnancy, i dun mind twins... as if i can choose. However, i am happy as long as able to get pregnant.

700 plus......

Woohoo..

Wat good news to welcome the weekend..

Meganl, big Congratz on a sibling for ur little girl..

Mesara, Congratz on the good BT results..

Shiro_ger, < a week more.. Hang in there.. Jiayou!!

Jas249, when ER?

Twinkletots, good luck for ER tmr.. All ll b fine, esp seeing handsome tmr.. :)

Hurrybaby, Congratz on hearing heartbeat.. Mind dreaming of me bfp too? Heehee..

I hope tt the good news ll continue to roll yah.. Can't wait for my FET in end jun..

@meganl, im doing medicated FET...gg for my first scan nxt wed...if lining is ok...wl schedule for ET either on nxt sat or 2nd or 3rd June...

Im quite worried if my embies wl survive after the thaw...fingers crossed!!!

Woohoo..

Jas249, when ER?

Hurrybaby, Congratz on hearing heartbeat.. Mind dreaming of me bfp too? Heehee..

I hope tt the good news ll continue to roll yah.. Can't wait for my FET in end jun..
@queenie, i was abt of thinking of u n so co-incident, i saw ur post..:)

How r u??? All the best to ur June FET..jia you!!!

Im doing medicated FET for this cycle...gg for first scan nxt wed n if everything goes well, my ET wl be scheduled on nxt sat or 2nd or 3rd June but im worried now if my embies can survive after the thaw...i left onli 2 embryos...if can't, i wl hv to start my 2nd fresh in June...

Hi, jas249,
Heehee.. We gg telepathy.. Me okie lah.. Waiting for time to pass & tmr got to call kkh to tell them I wan start jun coz my menses ll b end jun. Originally I m scheduled for jul but jul menses ll b end jul when they don't accept any cases.. & oh yes, dealing with the usual heaps of ppl asking, when #2 coming.. :-S

Sorry, I meant to ask u when ET not ER.. Coz I definitely rem u r gg medicated FET.. Don't worry.. My 2 embbies & ur 2 embbies ll hang on tight together @ kkh, & make it to our wombs & implant, k.. **pray pray**

Hi, jas249,
Heehee.. We gg telepathy.. Me okie lah.. Waiting for time to pass & tmr got to call kkh to tell them I wan start jun coz my menses ll b end jun. Originally I m scheduled for jul but jul menses ll b end jul when they don't accept any cases.. & oh yes, dealing with the usual heaps of ppl asking, when #2 coming.. :-S

Sorry, I meant to ask u when ET not ER.. Coz I definitely rem u r gg medicated FET.. Don't worry.. My 2 embbies & ur 2 embbies ll hang on tight together @ kkh, & make it to our wombs & implant, k.. **pray pray**
Haha...yaya...we gg telepathy...lol okie great to hear that u can start ur FET in end june...we might end up be cycle buddies in june if i dun make it in this coming FET but i hope not la...hee!!! Juz like wat u said, hope both our embbies wl hang tight n waiting for their mummies to bring them home...pray hard that we can ride on mesara & meganl's bb dust!!!:)

Hi ladies, can i chk...if my embbies were frozen on day 3 during fresh cycle, so if after thaw during FET, the trf is still consider day 3, is it? Or day 4? TIA

Congrats to all those that bfp!! Mesara grabbing your bb dust & do take care k? Btw for my last cycle where I bfp, Dr tan did give me progynova but I was given becos my lining was not tt ideal. It was 6mm plus only at ET. I was on duphaston & progynova until the bad news.

Really hope this round can grab your bb dust!!! Kind of nervous abt this round.. Dunno y...

I am back home from ER. Today Dr THH is on emergency leave so dr Mathew did the procedure. I was given extra sedation during the egg pick up as I keep moving. But I din noe wor. Must be too nervous. So till now still giddy. I got 13 eggs. Hopefully quality is gd. ET on mon. Hope dr tan will do for me.

A
I am back home from ER. Today Dr THH is on emergency leave so dr Mathew did the procedure. I was given extra sedation during the egg pick up as I keep moving. But I din noe wor. Must be too nervous. So till now still giddy. I got 13 eggs. Hopefully quality is gd. ET on mon. Hope dr tan will do for me.
all the best to u. Hope your embryos grow well & nicely & be ready to stay in your womb next week. :)

Woohoo..

Jas249, when ER?

Hahahaaaaa I will let u know if I dream of u ok. It really surprised and make me happy that my dream cone true!!!!!!!!! I wish I can dream this everyday for all the people here. Jia yo everyone!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats twinkletot. ...all the best for ET. ..

Congrats to all those that bfp!! Mesara grabbing your bb dust & do take care k? Btw for my last cycle where I bfp, Dr tan did give me progynova but I was given becos my lining was not tt ideal. It was 6mm plus only at ET. I was on duphaston & progynova until the bad news.

Really hope this round can grab your bb dust!!! Kind of nervous abt this round.. Dunno y...
Relax gal. ...when u starting? ?

Relax gal. ...when u starting? ?
Am starting my Lucrin jab on 3rd June. So likely my ER and ET will be end June. Firstly is scared if I will make it to ET. It is always a struggle for me to reach ET stage! Hope I get all the baby dust here and have good news and so can continue to see our beloved doc. Hehe

@twinkletot, congrat!!! Rest well for ur ET..:)

@mesara how are u? Wanna ask your opinion if i shd go n see a private gynae next week or wait for another 2 weeks to see Dr Tan? I felt two weeks abit long. Cant help worrying too. Its like nothing is confirm until u see the sac n bb heart beat

@mesara how are u? Wanna ask your opinion if i shd go n see a private gynae next week or wait for another 2 weeks to see Dr Tan? I felt two weeks abit long. Cant help worrying too. Its like nothing is confirm until u see the sac n bb heart beat
@meganl for me I have started seeing my private gynea once tested positive. That's how i got additional support meds as they wanted my p4 and E2 to be higher. Tomorrow most likely intralipid session. Ya two weeks after bfp is another waiting game. Am v paranoid. On and off cramps. If I were you I will proactively check hcg p4 and E2 at least once a week before scan to ensure levels are ok. That's just my opinion as am a kan cheong spider

@meganl for me I have started seeing my private gynea once tested positive. That's how i got additional support meds as they wanted my p4 and E2 to be higher. Tomorrow most likely intralipid session. Ya two weeks after bfp is another waiting game. Am v paranoid. On and off cramps. If I were you I will proactively check hcg p4 and E2 at least once a week before scan to ensure levels are ok. That's just my opinion as am a kan cheong spider

Hi mesara, what time is your appointment with dr loh. am thinking to go for imtralipid too. Mind sharing how much you pay for doctor consultation and the intralipid cost. Did he do scanning for you?

Hi mesara, what time is your appointment with dr loh. am thinking to go for imtralipid too. Mind sharing how much you pay for doctor consultation and the intralipid cost. Did he do scanning for you?
I am at dr Loh now lor...gonna do intralipid...no scan as only 5 weeks...will let you know later after I pay ok..:)

Intralipid alone 200. About 280 with consultation as am a repeat patient.

Intralipid alone 200. About 280 with consultation as am a repeat patient.

Thx mesara. Glad that you went to see Dr loh. How long does it take for the intralipid infusion? How do you feel now?

Anybody experienced one to two dots of light brown spotting after bfp? I had spotted today, super light brown discharge.

Thx mesara. Glad that you went to see Dr loh. How long does it take for the intralipid infusion? How do you feel now?

Anybody experienced one to two dots of light brown spotting after bfp? I had spotted today, super light brown discharge.
Intralipid takes about 75 mins...I feel ok occasional cramps.

How many weeks r u now? Observe and if u feel uneasy abt it go and check with doctor soon gal

Hurry baby, better see a gynae abt the spotting.

Hi mesara n hopeful13 thx will monitor the spotting, Am not sure is spotting or yellow discharge. Colour is super light. Gonna make appointment with dr loh next week.

Officially in 2WW. Dr tan transfered 2 embryos. Both grade 4. ☺

Congrats dear.

How are the embryos being graded? Any sisters know? Are u with kkh? Do they tell u grade of embryos or we need to ask? How abt after egg retrieval, do they auto tell us how many eggs are being retrieved?

Re calling kkivfc on day 1 of menses, read that must be full flow then call? Full flow as in pad is full?

Sorry noob.

Congrats dear.

How are the embryos being graded? Any sisters know? Are u with kkh? Do they tell u grade of embryos or we need to ask? How abt after egg retrieval, do they auto tell us how many eggs are being retrieved?

Re calling kkivfc on day 1 of menses, read that must be full flow then call? Full flow as in pad is full?

Sorry noob.

The embryos are graded based on their appearance. How nicely they look when they split into cells. For kkh, grade 5 is the best. It may be different for other hospital. Usually embryologist will tell u the grading but you can ask as well. If the embryologist or doc when they say the embryo looks good should be of not bad grading.

In KK, after egg retrieval, the nurse will tell u how many eggs are being retrieved.

As for full flow, it refers to actual blood flowing. For those who has spotting few days before the actual blood flow, spotting is not considered as first day flow.

Hope the above helps! :)

Anyone can pm me Tan HH email address? I realized his name card does not have his email address leh.
He does not have email address for patients to contact him directly. You may email kkivf your qns and they will forward to Dr Tan. For me I call the general hotline and leave my qns and ask Dr Tan nurse or his assistant Felicia to return my call. So far they do call me back on the same day. Most impt must ask for the name of the person who pick up my call so in case nobody return my call I know who to chase after.

Back