IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Yes, they close at 5pm. Last week I saw there was offerings of oranges and flowers placed in front of the statue. If you like, you can buy oranges to make your offering. There are red plates placed near the pillar on your left when you are facing the statues. I think you can use the red plates for your fruit offerings.
ok, then i just buy oranges... i read another thread like flowers is so complicated.. dont know actually should buy or not...
anyway will ask the auntie there what is the SOP...haha..

last time i went there with my family, i just take joss sticks and pray to all... haha...

I saw chrysanthemum flowers only. There got 2 big vases beside the statue. Some people put the flowers together with the plastic wrapper into the vases. I don't know your grandma got use this cosmetic powder in white beads form in a small box. The box label is a pretty woman. You need to crush the beads into powder before putting it on the face. Someone placed the powder box in front of the statue as offering.

Have any ladies tried the blackmore pink package for pre pregnant "well being". Is it advisable to consume that after iui?

Have any ladies tried the blackmore pink package for pre pregnant "well being". Is it advisable to consume that after iui?

I just bought it yesterday. Haven't try. I don't think it's advisable to consume after IUI in case your wife is pregnant during this IUI period.

I'm going to rest my body for 3 months. I have a box of clomid left. I will try to conceive naturally during this period. I even bought the Blackmore Conceive Well. I wonder if it helps. I hope after this 3 months, my first IVF will be successful.

What paperclip say its true. Stress has minimum impact actually. Important thing is our body. Whether its good or bad. That's why Dr highly suggest not only a healthy lifestyle but also healthy eating habits.

I actually resigned 2 years ago. In that period, still do not conceive naturally. So now I work part time so I not bored at home and flexible working hours.

I just bought it yesterday. Haven't try. I don't think it's advisable to consume after IUI in case your wife is pregnant during this IUI period.

Thanks for the reply because she was taking it before and stop. So still have quite a boxful left.
Maybe she not suited with this "mixture"

Hi all,
Thank you. For the past few days, you have been my support. I have learnt to relax and take tthings slowly.

By miracle of God, my scan today give me a happy result. 3 days ago, there was only one follicle growing but only 10mm. Today there are 3 and one of them is of good size. I really thank God for this.

Tomorrow will be my IUI. Do pray that it will go smoothly for me. This time round, I am praying my hubbys sperm will be good too.

I saw chrysanthemum flowers only. There got 2 big vases beside the statue. Some people put the flowers together with the plastic wrapper into the vases. I don't know your grandma got use this cosmetic powder in white beads form in a small box. The box label is a pretty woman. You need to crush the beads into powder before putting it on the face. Someone placed the powder box in front of the statue as offering.

Me and wifey too went to pray many times but still no lucky, on one occasion even managed to take one pair of red eggs also no luck, fly to bkk pray to famous buddha also no luck, but if this time success i will still go and give thanks still

Hi all,
Thank you. For the past few days, you have been my support. I have learnt to relax and take tthings slowly.

By miracle of God, my scan today give me a happy result. 3 days ago, there was only one follicle growing but only 10mm. Today there are 3 and one of them is of good size. I really thank God for this.

Tomorrow will be my IUI. Do pray that it will go smoothly for me. This time round, I am praying my hubbys sperm will be good too.

GOOD LUCK TO U!!!! 1st timer? If yes is almost the same time as my side here, my wife was yesterday

I also think @h0peful should go for the relocation plan. Though careers and babies are equally important and they don't come all together at same time, you should take up the offer that is given to you. There's always a reason why it is arranged like this. Luck and fate.

Yeah no luck for baby but yes for career for now. Who knows later on career stabilized then along comes baby hahahaha. Day dreaming but thanks babes for the encouragement. Really feel good to have companion but not good in that we remain under the iui thread. In time all to move on to the preggy thread. Just keep trying dont give up. Im spotting and getting excited to seeing full flow .. opps

GOOD LUCK TO U!!!! 1st timer? If yes is almost the same time as my side here, my wife was yesterday

Yes, I first timer like your wife. He he he. Hopefully all goes well. Who knows we both BTP together. That time can really rejoice. But if no, cannot give up.

I read all your post. You very good husband le. Be by your wife side as often as your could through this process. She totally need your support and I am sure she will appreciate whatever sacrifices you do, just to be by her side.

Yeah no luck for baby but yes for career for now. Who knows later on career stabilized then along comes baby hahahaha. Day dreaming but thanks babes for the encouragement. Really feel good to have companion but not good in that we remain under the iui thread. In time all to move on to the preggy thread. Just keep trying dont give up. Im spotting and getting excited to seeing full flow .. opps

We cannot despair. If we give up, all hope is loss. Maybe now is the time for your career to move forward, I don't think there is any harm pursuing it.

Like my friend say, if you never try, you will never achieve it. But if you don't, it either mean the time is not right yet or it is not meant to be.

I ask you all. Do you record every single day of your body changes? I have been doing this since #1 IUI. I record every single day what happened to my body, any pain, any symptoms, etc. When I did my #2 IUI, I would refer back to the records to see if it matches.

I ask you all. Do you record every single day of your body changes? I have been doing this since #1 IUI. I record every single day what happened to my body, any pain, any symptoms, etc. When I did my #2 IUI, I would refer back to the records to see if it matches.

Me think my wifey used to do it then give up hahahaha cos abit too cumbersome, infact we actually can open a mini store of kits. But do to my job nature end of the day i am usually very mentally tired out. So it irks her as well.

Yes, I first timer like your wife. He he he. Hopefully all goes well. Who knows we both BTP together. That time can really rejoice. But if no, cannot give up.

I read all your post. You very good husband le. Be by your wife side as often as your could through this process. She totally need your support and I am sure she will appreciate whatever sacrifices you do, just to be by her side.

Dun put it that way because i know partially i am responsible for this situtaion also given i been switching jobs for the last 2-3 years after which noted age is another matter, thus tried to be sharp shooter but missed. I believe many of the hubby here are too supportive of their wife. In fact the mrs may be reading hehehehe.

Any advise for post IUI like on food and maybe movement? My mrs is a full time house wife and been telling her after plantation day try not to do cirus act at home with the laundry and ransacking kitchen wall mount cupboard. Food wise sorry i am a food junk thus been staying off that track for a few weeks le but outside food what does the ladies here note of when eating out?

Yup :) all the best ah! But really never know when the baby might come.. :) May u 好事成双!

@veraine i failed my #2 iui as expected.:(.. going to take a rest for this cycle as will be overseas.Now start to look for good ivf doctor, any recomendation?

Dun give up, anyway heard from rumor the 1st 3 will failed chances is at 4 onward but usually by such will be ivf liao. Also success rate of iui is only 105 when i ask the nurse ;P

Last edited:
@WJZKEV, it is tough journey. It is depressing.I dont like jab and taking pills, and the treatment is so expensive with so low chance . i hoping his sperm quality can get better. if not it is a false hope.Can anyone pm me your doctor so that i have month to do research which one to go. or share with me what to eat to improve sperm count better, either tcm, remedy, or whatever products.

to be frank our consulting doc did say mine is on slow side due to age, so take vit E, also i learnt brazilian nuts is good but cannot take too much, also if you hubby smoke he really have to cut down. i am social smoker also kenna ask to cut down. tomotoe is pretty good for sperm stats too. Also not sure if u can jump to ivf directly with govt hospital or have to go thru the iui path first

Paperclip, what is the process like for IVF besides the many jabs i see the ivf thread till cross eye

Erm... I am also not very sure. For some time I was following the IVF thread but didn't follow step by step. I think during the IVF briefing session, you can ask the consultant the procedures for IVF. I know the ladies have to go for scanning every 1-2 days, jab 1-2 times per day, embryo transfer in and out, then wait for beta test day to come. That's what I know. I learnt something about the transfer whether to choose day 2 or day 5. This part I'm a little confused.

I was worried about the costs so I did a thorough check on that part before I commit for IVF. I went to Polyclinic to get a referral letter and choose the hospital I want to do for IVF. Polyclinic will issue the referral letter and arrange the first appointment date with the hospital. They will text you the date 2-3 weeks' time. I got more subsidy going through this route even though I need to queue in polyclinic for 2 hours. I get around 40-50% discounts everytime I go to the hospital for blood tests, consultation, etc. Only the sperm test was not entitled discount. Maybe because I was the referred patient, not my husband, so my husband's tests are not given discounts.

He did not smoke and drink at all and sleep early. He failed all the test, count, morphology, motility. It is depressing results. It did go up and back to bad results on #2 iui since his flu. Sigh!!!

@hengcai Don't feel sad already. What's done is done. Try again #3. Maybe you will strike at 3rd round.

thank clip for the reply
hengcai, as a man we too feel depress because this kind of things takes 2 parties to work. Sometimes like some post mentioned tehre is no reason also liek my wife and my case because our consulting doc did not indicate any major issue.

Hengcai, get your hubby to take vitamin e, brazilian nuts get from mustafa, take more tomatoe..... and ask him to loosen his pants and undies, generate less heat

Thanks for the reply because she was taking it before and stop. So still have quite a boxful left.
Maybe she not suited with this "mixture"
R u referring to blackmores conceive well? Conceive well Is to be taken way before ttc .. is similar to folic acid. If u take conceive well then dont take folic acid pill cos conceive well contains essential vits plus folic acid. Theres 2 .. 1in capsule form dark ruby or red other pill pink hue. Leaflet says to tke both pills .. I continued with consuming even after iui .. isnt it to aid in conception ..after conception then can chnge to the natal pills for preggy ladies

hengcai said:
He did not smoke and drink at all and sleep early. He failed all the test, count, morphology, motility. It is depressing results. It did go up and back to bad results on #2 iui since his flu. Sigh!!!
Eh my hb sperm count post washing was at 15M on 2nd iui and was down with bad flu compared to 5M on 1st iui no flu .. but he didnt take flu medication cos we called kkh and was advised better dont tke med cos may affect quality. My hb was prescribed pills that aids in production functionality ... cant rem the name off my head. But I was after him to not drink and smoke also

Why TCM doesn't have acupuncture for men's balls? Or is there such treatment? LOL! I was joking about this with my husband yesterday. We women must suffer under needles. Men should also get prick by some needles.

I must say, some men are really selfish. They cannot do this cannot do that, then we women must suffer so much. That's very frustrating.

Anyone know of any priv gynae doing iui with jabs? The jb doc has got me to delay this cycle again .. so frustrating! Cos hes going on leave on 4 to 5th and iui may clash

Annbby all the best for your iui tmr.

Thank you hengcai. I don't want to put my hopes high up. I already prepare my mentality for 3 iui and IVF. Somethings are not within our control. At least, if all fail, we know we tried our best. That's my mindset now.

Annbby .. just read that ur iui is tmr. Best of luck!!

Hb managed to call up another fertility clinic .the one he did his SA .. and narrated our situation. The lady who picked up the call was nice to say as 1 off dey put us straight onto iui accepting that all reports we have on hands r valid and no other tests to be done cos she understds we dont want to waste this cycle. But if this iui fails and we decide to go for another
cycle then we have to go by their clinic procedure. Maybe no luck with tmc clinic ..fated to go to other clinic

Hi all,

Finally at home resting. So happy the whole process is a smooth one. No hiccups. Hubby sperm count was fine. Dr scan and said can see my follicles slightly collapse, so high possibility is ovulating. So a good time to inject the sperm in.

Now just need to wait. These 2 days I just want to rest and zzzzz. Lol.

Annbby .. rest well and relax :) 2weeks very fast over. I seen the fertility doc. Read bad reviews abt him being stucked up rude and no manners. He sounds fine to me .. kind of friendly. Unlike what I read abt him online. He assessed my situation and said theres a possibility of bad egg quality which could be y I still dobt get preggy despite my mensus being regular. We talked abt types of jabs and he said from rate of success he has seen for ppl doing fertility treatment under him ..gonal F tends to produce the louiest quality of eggs. So I asked is it true that the more eggs the lousier quality and he said is true. Lesser eggs quality tend to be better. He uses ferama .. similar to overseas trending towards using ferama cos this fertility pill tend to give better egg quality .. d2 to 6. Then back to tke 1jab daily for 3days ..day 8 scan and assess from there on .. keeping fingers crossed

Annbby .. rest well and relax :) 2weeks very fast over. I seen the fertility doc. Read bad reviews abt him being stucked up rude and no manners. He sounds fine to me .. kind of friendly. Unlike what I read abt him online. He assessed my situation and said theres a possibility of bad egg quality which could be y I still dobt get preggy despite my mensus being regular. We talked abt types of jabs and he said from rate of success he has seen for ppl doing fertility treatment under him ..gonal F tends to produce the louiest quality of eggs. So I asked is it true that the more eggs the lousier quality and he said is true. Lesser eggs quality tend to be better. He uses ferama .. similar to overseas trending towards using ferama cos this fertility pill tend to give better egg quality .. d2 to 6. Then back to tke 1jab daily for 3days ..day 8 scan and assess from there on .. keeping fingers crossed

I was nearly going to need clomid + injection for IUI cycle as the Dr thought my body is starting not to respond to clomid alone. I was this close to not be able to do my IUI for this cycle. However, something else happen.

So, don't despair k. Anything can happen. Hopefully the next cycle will be better for you and you will get a BFP.

How come he always ask u to delay?
Ya! He always tell me timing dont match ask me to delay.so frustrating. N a complete waste of cycle. Somemore hes commonly on leave closed on PH and sundays. I started my 3rd cycle with another fertility clinic. Hopefully more luck with this clinic. Doc is off on thurs open on wkends. Much more flexible to fit to my wrk schedule. Yday was my 1st pill on letrozole. Gona tke egg whites gao gao until fri 1st jab ..

Hi everyone, I just started so-iui. Going to start my injections tom myself and quite apprehensive at it. Phobia of needles. Though i did so iui and ivf before, I had always travelled daily to clinic to do injections.

Hi everyone, I just started so-iui. Going to start my injections tom myself and quite apprehensive at it. Phobia of needles. Though i did so iui and ivf before, I had always travelled daily to clinic to do injections.
but if go clinic more exp and troublesome.. can just diy at home...
if poke wrong area, will have blood and bruise though.. tat's what happen to me...

First jab u can get your hb to help u. U tke the jab and place at the area u pinch (belly fats). Get him to apply pressure so that the needle can poke in .. once u r past that barrier u can start to administer the injection urself ... injecting urself save money cos some clinics or hospi charge and save time travelling to and fro. With the cons u will start injecting urself hehehe

Hi again everyone!

Was not active here because I wasn't feeling that good after the IUI. Having on and off pulling pain at the ovary area + the stomach feltheavy. Not the nicest experience. Worst, made me have no appetite to eat. I was better yesterday but not 100%. Went to work half day and totally zonk out once I reach home. Dont know why I feel more tired than usual.

@WJZKEV Hei there, Hows your wife so far? Hope she is feeling fine since we both did the IUI on the same day. Today, somehow I feel fine. Back to doing housework & cooking.

@pixie ng SGD700 for IUI at JB? I think my hubby will faint when he sees that this figure. Mine was $400. I guess there is a price difference doing in Govt hospital.

@batikid So sorry that yours have to involve injections. Of course its more cost saving if you can do it yourself or someone in the family assist you. But if there is no help, then maybe family clinic would be better. Some family clinicdr is nice. Especially if you have been theirpatient for a long time. Either they wont charge you and ask you to pay a very small nominal fee.

Hi again everyone!

Was not active here because I wasn't feeling that good after the IUI. Having on and off pulling pain at the ovary area + the stomach feltheavy. Not the nicest experience. Worst, made me have no appetite to eat. I was better yesterday but not 100%. Went to work half day and totally zonk out once I reach home. Dont know why I feel more tired than usual.

@WJZKEV Hei there, Hows your wife so far? Hope she is feeling fine since we both did the IUI on the same day. Today, somehow I feel fine. Back to doing housework & cooking.

@pixie ng SGD700 for IUI at JB? I think my hubby will faint when he sees that this figure. Mine was $400. I guess there is a price difference doing in Govt hospital.

@batikid So sorry that yours have to involve injections. Of course its more cost saving if you can do it yourself or someone in the family assist you. But if there is no help, then maybe family clinic would be better. Some family clinicdr is nice. Especially if you have been theirpatient for a long time. Either they wont charge you and ask you to pay a very small nominal fee.

Hi Ann, rest well for the next 3 days after IUI no heavy stuff for you. That's what i made my wife to do even though she is like a energy pack rabbit always wanting to do house work. What u feeling is what my mrs went through for day 1 and day 2 is slightly better. Still i am very picky about hr doing heavy house work like laundry or extensive bending tasks.

Also remain happy and dun think so much, not to be a wet blanket but remember that IUI is only 105 success rate. Still do take care of yourself, remain happy, continue to do the session with ur hubby to further increase chance, eat well and no cold stuff.

Me and my mrs are mentally but not sure if emotionally prepared for the pee test, haissss

Hi Ann, rest well for the next 3 days after IUI no heavy stuff for you. That's what i made my wife to do even though she is like a energy pack rabbit always wanting to do house work. What u feeling is what my mrs went through for day 1 and day 2 is slightly better. Still i am very picky about hr doing heavy house work like laundry or extensive bending tasks.

Also remain happy and dun think so much, not to be a wet blanket but remember that IUI is only 105 success rate. Still do take care of yourself, remain happy, continue to do the session with ur hubby to further increase chance, eat well and no cold stuff.

Me and my mrs are mentally but not sure if emotionally prepared for the pee test, haissss

Hehehe....energy pack rabbit. So cute. Oh well, I think moving around make us feel better. Rather than resting. Next 3 days of rest....hmmm....but thanks for your advice. I thought if active is good (not overly strenuous) cos if the egg sticks its a good one. I dunno lah. That's what I think only.

About the success rate, yah I know its very low. I don't put my hopes up high. But remain positive cos there is still a chance. Now just want to be happy go lucky.

About the pee test, I dunno leh. I think I more stress if I think about it. So I thought I just wait till my AF arrive. My cycle quite regular. So maybe if my AF miss a week mark, then I will test. Hopefully your Mrs will get BFP. Then you can share the great news with us!

Yes remain positive and happy go lucky is the best. That way is good for development too. My mrs hahaha she is taking her driving lesson now so i think she will forget about this iui for the time being. Just pass her basic today and she is taking trial test for advance next week. See told you she is a energy furball (like chipmunks, hamster, kitten, puppy).

Back