2016/01 Jan Babies

Thanks for your advice baybeez. I guess you are right about going straight to the gynae instead of the polyclinic. I'm now considering that option :)

As for the clearblue test, yes I will buy that soon!

Btw, today I took another test (using another brand) and 2 lines, although one is slightly lighter than the other.

View attachment 533395

By far this is the third test I'm taking (all 3 different brands) and all 3 tests are like that. I mean.. I should be pregnant right? Lol!

Sorry I know it sounds really weird to be asking the obvious but my MIL (who is a nurse) thinks that both lines should be the same color to be 100% confirm. Sigh.

Dear, of course you are pregnant!
If she wants to see same darkness lines, then maybe wait another week then test. I am sure you will have the perfect lines she wants by then. :)

Thanks for your advice baybeez. I guess you are right about going straight to the gynae instead of the polyclinic. I'm now considering that option :)

As for the clearblue test, yes I will buy that soon!

Btw, today I took another test (using another brand) and 2 lines, although one is slightly lighter than the other.

View attachment 533395

By far this is the third test I'm taking (all 3 different brands) and all 3 tests are like that. I mean.. I should be pregnant right? Lol!

Sorry I know it sounds really weird to be asking the obvious but my MIL (who is a nurse) thinks that both lines should be the same color to be 100% confirm. Sigh.

Confirm pregnant. Jus that ur HCG not high enough. 1 week later u test. Sure same color.

If not same color mean u r still in ur early pregnancy. Might need to do v.scan to check.

LOL what a relief!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432316067.393354.jpg

1 week later
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432316121.082247.jpg

Awwh thanks for being so reassuring babe! :)

Dun mention. I'm once like u. So doubtful on the kit. I bough the clearblue digital with weeks indicator n show 2-3weeks.

Jus went KKH on Monday n doc say baby too small. Cannot detect. Only manage to see the sac. So most likely I'm 3-4week pregnant only. Still very very early.

Hello ladies / mummies-to-be!
Am new to this forum! Really need your advice about something..

Just tested positive on 2 different test yesterday and was really quite happy, but stunned at the same time cos it was just last month that we decided to throw away the "raincoat" and "play in the rain". Didn't expect to be positive so quickly! :D
Anyway, did some calculation and I think I just completed 4th week as of today.
As for symptoms - other than sore and tender breasts and occasional backaches, I don't have / haven't had any nausea, food cravings, spotting.

View attachment 532597

Since it's my first pregnancy, I called my MIL (mother-in-law) - who is an experience nurse in a polyclinic - about my plans to see a polyclinic doctor and get referral letter for a check up at hospital. But she said I should wait for another week and test on a HPT (home pregnancy test) again. If it's positive, then go and see doctor at polyclinic.

As much as I would like to heed her advice, waiting for another week sucks and the control freak in me wants to march to the polyclinic and confirm my pregnancy.

So ladies, my questions are:
1. what did you all do when you all found out that you were pregnant?
2. did any of you got a referral letter from the polyclinic, continued your routine test at the referred hospital, then switch to your desired gynae halfway?

Why I'm thinking about this route is because I heard that the first few test in the first trimester are quite routine checks, which a referred hospital (from the polyclinic) can easily do. Though I understand that the waiting time during the appointment is long, and it would be a different doctor each time I go for an appointment.. but it is really much more freaking cheaper.

Any thoughts or advice? :(

Gracemagg, if u can afford a pte gynae, I won't advise you get a referral letter from polyclinic and then go on to KKH to get the cheaper rates. Like u mentioned, the gynae will always change and at time of birth, u also won't know who will be delivering for u. Since its ur first pregnancy, I would think you will want the best. So I would suggest a Pte gynae if u can afford? If not, dun worry, having different gynae to see u isn't a bad thing.. :)

Dun mention. I'm once like u. So doubtful on the kit. I bough the clearblue digital with weeks indicator n show 2-3weeks.

Jus went KKH on Monday n doc say baby too small. Cannot detect. Only manage to see the sac. So most likely I'm 3-4week pregnant only. Still very very early.

Able to see the sac is good news.. :)
Oh no, now u got me worried. I went to my gynae at 4th week due to vaginal itch and my gynae can't see anything.. Only told me my wall lining is very thick, suggesting an early stage of pregnancy. I keep having the nugging feeling that my pregnancy this time has complications. Maybe I read too much stuff online...

Gracemagg, if u can afford a pte gynae, I won't advise you get a referral letter from polyclinic and then go on to KKH to get the cheaper rates. Like u mentioned, the gynae will always change and at time of birth, u also won't know who will be delivering for u. Since its ur first pregnancy, I would think you will want the best. So I would suggest a Pte gynae if u can afford? If not, dun worry, having different gynae to see u isn't a bad thing.. :)

Thanks for the advice! Actually I thought of seeing KKH first (under subsidized) then switch to Pte gynae halfway at about 20 weeks.

But like you've mentioned, it's my first pregnancy and I should probably give the best for lil' one! :) Am now considering to see Dr HK Ho from Mt Alvernia :D

Able to see the sac is good news.. :)
Oh no, now u got me worried. I went to my gynae at 4th week due to vaginal itch and my gynae can't see anything.. Only told me my wall lining is very thick, suggesting an early stage of pregnancy. I keep having the nugging feeling that my pregnancy this time has complications. Maybe I read too much stuff online...

Thanks.

Ya. Same. I also read too much stuff that make me worry.
Now I stop googling. Jus be happy everyday.

Thanks for the advice! Actually I thought of seeing KKH first (under subsidized) then switch to Pte gynae halfway at about 20 weeks.

But like you've mentioned, it's my first pregnancy and I should probably give the best for lil' one! :) Am now considering to see Dr HK Ho from Mt Alvernia :D

Actually not bad to have the idea to go KKH first den private. But I tell u. The waiting is a killer. U will be so tired from the waiting time.

Maybe 1 hr for ultrasound. 1 hr to see doc. To n fro to hospital.

Maybe u can try KKH private care doc. Might be more ex but maybe cheaper den other private gynea.

For my case, I'm under KKH care clinic d. So I need to follow up the case till they transfer me out to the sub gynea den I will go to my private doc. Cos too small now go private also cannot see anything from tummy. So I feel no point.

My first was delivered at KKH. this time round we are going to Mt A for delivery too! :)

Hi Mums-to-be,

my wife and i will be expecting our 1st child in 2016, EDD is 30th Jan. could you add us into the group?
[email protected]
[email protected]

thanks!

Wow bongs360, congrats! I seldom see guys posting on behalf of wives. Can see you are a eager daddy to be.. :)
Anyway, you may not like what I'm saying next.
I am in an early group for my first child and they don't allow daddies in the group due to sensitive issues discussed there. I won't deny if there are chances the mummy shows the daddy the FB group and wat was written inside. I agree daddies on the other hand should also join groups to be more aware of how to take care of the child. But I guess at the end of the day, it's up to the admin to decide what group it should be, for mummies or parents to depend and help each other.
Mxndy, I suppose u are the admin. Please do inform the group should there be daddies inside.
Just my thoughts.

Wow bongs360, congrats! I seldom see guys posting on behalf of wives. Can see you are a eager daddy to be.. :)
Anyway, you may not like what I'm saying next.
I am in an early group for my first child and they don't allow daddies in the group due to sensitive issues discussed there. I won't deny if there are chances the mummy shows the daddy the FB group and wat was written inside. I agree daddies on the other hand should also join groups to be more aware of how to take care of the child. But I guess at the end of the day, it's up to the admin to decide what group it should be, for mummies or parents to depend and help each other.
Mxndy, I suppose u are the admin. Please do inform the group should there be daddies inside.
Just my thoughts.

Hi problemgal,

no worries about adding me. Maybe you could add my wife instead? [email protected].

I do agree that sometimes it's easier for women to discuss about sensitive issues without any male presence. Totally understand that.

No worries and no harm done. :)

Mine

i lost my baby in 5th week 3 day last Dec, at first i having spotting, thot is mense coming as i say before my mense very on time de. Then 4w2d, i test, faint line, spotting continue, go kkh A n E see doc, prescribe duphaston and utrogeston, but no use, blood test on 4w5d is 121, repeated bt on 5w is 29. Doc say miscarriage liao, but still spotting no bleed. So doc stop my utrogeston and only ask me to continue with duphaston, he say mense will come soon. True enough 3 days later my AF come full blast. Baby gone. So this time round i very scare spotting, lucky only 1 day and very little. It stop on same day and till now never appear again. Today also my 2nd 5w3d. Cramp and chest tight still remained but appetite turn better.

I hope this time round all of us will happily carry our baby in arm in 8 to 9 months time. Jia you!
Wishing you the very best .. May u have a healthy happy bb in 9 Mths time . Think positive . Stay happy and stress free . God bless 加油

Hi mummies, I've edited the settings from secret to closed group whereby you can find it by typing the FULL name of the group -
'Sg jan 2016 mummies'
Hope this helps! :D

Hi Mxndy, I can't find the group still. Can u pls add me?
I received a request to add to sg 2016 mummies & daddies and realized it is different??

Hi 5. I just went for my 1st check up with Dr Henry Cheng yesterday. Both my hubby and myself like him, so we will stick with him. He is quite funny too.
The nurses there ok too. What i like about him is the waiting time. I only waited 20 mins before i saw him. I think this is acceptable considering all the stories ive heard from my friends about having to wait 1-2 hours for their gynae. I think 10 years back, my sister waited 4 hours for her gynae even with appointment.

If your appointment is on monday, i assume you are going to the novena clinic?

Yeap! Novena branch. Kinda excited for first scan and now heading in to office earlier before heading to scan. Wish me good luck!!!

Burger is baking! 6w6d and heart beat going strong. Dr Cheng says all is good. Thank you so much for your best wishes!
Little burger grow strong and healthy!!

Attachments

• 20150525 First Scan Detail.JPG
    20150525 First Scan Detail.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 195
Burger is baking! 6w6d and heart beat going strong. Dr Cheng says all is good. Thank you so much for your best wishes!
Little burger grow strong and healthy!!

Hi dear,
Good to hear! And Hi5 again! I am 7 weeks today. One day after you!
When I went to Dr Cheng, I thought I was 7 weeks+. But he push back 1 week for me after seeing the scan.

Last edited:
Hello Jan 2016 Mummies!

1) I'm new to this forum.

2) 1st time mummy, 1st pregnancy. 3 years married. Age this year 31.

3) I've just tested yesterday & confirming today that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Confirmed with 4 tests (kiasu!) haha.

1x test before I was suppose to eat medicine for my Fibroid surgery (next day) but positive on test kit so decided not to even eat è medicine.

1x test right after bought from Watson's (Husband unsure bcz 1st test cheap2 test kit) Abit faint bcx not enough urine :p

1x ClearBlue digital test at 4am - 1st pee of è day & right before proceeding to KKH for supposingly Fibroid surgery appointment.

Then lastly, 1x test from KKH & immediately cancelled è surgery.

4) according to LMP, my EDD is 25 Jan 2016.

5) Symptoms I realized now: increased urination & prickling feeling on my tits.

6) so what's next? Choose a gynae 1st isit? :)

7) we interact here or è FB group? Which is more better?
[email protected]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByForum1432533042.709088.jpg
    ImageUploadedByForum1432533042.709088.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 168
Hello all... Can i join thid group rather then feb? Coz the group is really so silent , i love this group so much to talk about.. By the way, my period is 4days away but somehow today im very itchy felt like testing, so i did a test.. Im not sure when i ovulated maybe between 9-14th May.. N today wen im tested n quite puzzled.. Btw this is my 2nd pregg, 1st one was a miscarriage at 7weeks plus :(

did not receive anything about the fb group yet...hmmm...maybe I can PM one of the administrators to join? :)

Based on the EDD calculator, I'm 6 weeks pregnant...this will be #2 (which is faster than I expect)

anyone went for vaginal scan and can see heartbeat yet? I'm tempted to make appt with the gynae already...dunno it's too early. The waiting is getting too long and I have spotting here and there unlike the first pregnancy.

Hi mummy to be,

can i request to be patient in regards to join the fb group as this admins are facing what you are facing right now example: MS, tired, fatigue plus working too..

plus they need to screen thru all email before adding because we notices some are jus inactive acc/stalker..

we jus wanna protect all new mummy to be...

hope you guys be a little more understand and we will try to add everything asap..

For all who like to be added to the fb group, kindly copy and add on as following cos sometime we will jus miss out the previous post which is few pages back..

pls copy and paste your email address so that we can add you to the fb group.

Example: Email address, EDD ([email protected]), EDD: 12/01/2016
1)
2)
3)

For all who like to be added to the fb group, kindly copy and add on as following cos sometime we will jus miss out the previous post which is few pages back..

pls copy and paste your email address so that we can add you to the fb group.

Example: Email address, EDD ([email protected]), EDD: 12/01/2016
1)
2)
3)

Im suspected to fall in the feb but can i still join?

Hello Jan 2016 Mummies!

1) I'm new to this forum.

2) 1st time mummy, 1st pregnancy. 3 years married. Age this year 31.

3) I've just tested yesterday & confirming today that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Confirmed with 4 tests (kiasu!) haha.

1x test before I was suppose to eat medicine for my Fibroid surgery (next day) but positive on test kit so decided not to even eat è medicine.

1x test right after bought from Watson's (Husband unsure bcz 1st test cheap2 test kit) Abit faint bcx not enough urine :p

1x ClearBlue digital test at 4am - 1st pee of è day & right before proceeding to KKH for supposingly Fibroid surgery appointment.

Then lastly, 1x test from KKH & immediately cancelled è surgery.

4) according to LMP, my EDD is 25 Jan 2016.

5) Symptoms I realized now: increased urination & prickling feeling on my tits.

6) so what's next? Choose a gynae 1st isit? :)

7) we interact here or è FB group? Which is more better?
[email protected]

Congrats! Yeah, if i were you, I would start to narrow down a gynae and make an appointment. :)

did not receive anything about the fb group yet...hmmm...maybe I can PM one of the administrators to join? :)

Based on the EDD calculator, I'm 6 weeks pregnant...this will be #2 (which is faster than I expect)

anyone went for vaginal scan and can see heartbeat yet? I'm tempted to make appt with the gynae already...dunno it's too early. The waiting is getting too long and I have spotting here and there unlike the first pregnancy.

I'm 6w6d today and just went for ultrasound scan (not vaginal) this morning. Little "tadpole" saying hello to us and heartbeat oh yea!

Back