(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Skalli u even faster than me. Take care! I'm now having regular contractions 5mins apart n I rate 5 out of 10 on pain scale. Nurse said I probably threshold of pain v low coz since I was only 1cm dilate. They said long way to go. Only plan to check my dilation tomorrow morning. They will only give me pain relief if I rate 8. Not possible to sleep tonight.

Nurse just finished checking. Im at birth ward now. 2.5cm dilated. Mild pain. How long is your labour already?

@Twirlycandy , u r not alone. Me at the first place asking my mum to stay to help me taking care of me and baby. Although I know I could not expected her to do much. But at least I could still have a little bit help from her. In the end, my mum did not even cook for me or wash dishes. I even need to do house chores, cooking for her and buy groceries. She only helped me to bath my baby. Other than that she only nagged me this and that. Last minute I ordered confinement food once a day for my own good. Then she talked that I am wasting money ordering that coz it is not cheap. But I was thinking if I do not ordered then I will suffer.

I also have problem with bf, coz my mum could not hear bb cry. Everytime bb cry she come to my room and said bb hungry le, need to feed him. She said my milk supply is not enough give him fm. I really want to try to tbf but she did not support me. Sometime my mum give him fm when I am away just for a while for groceries. I oso bo bian.
Hubby oso buay tahan with her. Coz she did not help me much and she talked too much. She always said that she has brought so many children oredy bla bla bla which is true. But how come I have enuf milk if I do not even have time to eat for my self?

Now I just get used to it since I still need her though not too much help. I still remember how I suffer from baby blues the first week when I discharged from hospital. I even regretting myself getting pregnant and having this baby. I was really tired to do all the stuff and taking care my baby plus hearing those negative words from my mum.

I just try to think positively at least my mum still helping me to bath my bb. Thats all.

You just take care yourselves, no need to think much abt ur mum. Sometime I oso feel v bad, locked myself at my room do not want to see my mum nagged here and that. I know she is not happy. But I oso still need my sanity. Lols

I can totally relate to u!! But only thing is my mum come once in awhile n stay for few days not permanently-thank god! Otherwise I will go mad! She said the same thing when bb cry he's not feeding enough and hungry. Aiyo all old ppl are like that. But I know I can answer her back if I really buay tahan. If mil worse! Take it easy n just try relax if you can.

I can totally relate to u!! But only thing is my mum come once in awhile n stay for few days not permanently-thank god! Otherwise I will go mad! She said the same thing when bb cry he's not feeding enough and hungry. Aiyo all old ppl are like that. But I know I can answer her back if I really buay tahan. If mil worse! Take it easy n just try relax if you can.
Hahaha yaaa true. I share with my sis abt my mum that she only can talk not helping me. My sis told me : you know her well and should have expected this happened. Lols. My hubby is offering his mum to come to help me. But need to imported her from overseas and I am a bit afraid if Iater on I will get clash with MIL. Though I think my MIL seems better than my own mum. But who knows. Later fight with mil oso not good. Haishhh.....I told hubby mebbe later after few months when my mum getting bored here then ask mil to come take turn.

Hi mommies, is it normal for my 3 week old baby to poo every 2-3 days? She is on EBM. But every one poo is a lot. TIA

Hi debbi3, it ok for bb to poo everyday, or even few days once. My #1 poo even 10days nv poo. Bm are easily digested..so no worries, as long baby is not fussy, cranky n shows no signs of distress, its normal :)

Mummies, anyone bought Freemie to use? Any reviews, n can share how much/where to buy?
Furbee, I am also looking at getting a freemie! As I can pump while on move and driving too otherwise my movement is so restricted. I think lazada selling at $120 plus. You can check out carousell too.

Just seen the gynae today for last appt. no signs of labour yet so he has arranged for me to be induced or have elective c sect on next Thursday if still no news from today till then. Baby is 3.5kg today. He is very neutral about it - says it's borderline weight as may be slightly lighter or heavier at birth, so I should think thru if I want to induce and risk emer c sect or just go for c sect. This is such a tough decision!

Just seen the gynae today for last appt. no signs of labour yet so he has arranged for me to be induced or have elective c sect on next Thursday if still no news from today till then. Baby is 3.5kg today. He is very neutral about it - says it's borderline weight as may be slightly lighter or heavier at birth, so I should think thru if I want to induce and risk emer c sect or just go for c sect. This is such a tough decision!
I also v scared induce will become emergency csect. Argh. Mine induction is next friday. wat r the chances really?

I also v scared induce will become emergency csect. Argh. Mine induction is next friday. wat r the chances really?

Sigh how?! I also having tough time making decision. Besides worrying about high costs of both procedures, also worry about the physical stress of going thru natural and then gotta go thru emer c sect. Let's hope we go into labour these few days before next thurs/fri! Actually my EDD is next Friday. But gynae arrange for me thurs to be admitted Liao.

Sigh how?! I also having tough time making decision. Besides worrying about high costs of both procedures, also worry about the physical stress of going thru natural and then gotta go thru emer c sect. Let's hope we go into labour these few days before next thurs/fri! Actually my EDD is next Friday. But gynae arrange for me thurs to be admitted Liao.
Ya I understand. If emergency csect means suffer double pain. Pain during induction n pain after op. Haiz. the bill too. Faintz.
Ur gynae really dun want go pass EDD ah...maybe ur baby size is consider big?
Mine v chill still can drag until next fri when my EDD is jus tmr. Im going to try out natural ways to bring forward the labour.

yes yes, the pain and the bill both scares me haha. actually i also dont know how it will be charged if really emer c sect.
although he says baby is not very big like 4kg which then he will directly suggest c sect. but he did make it clear that 3.5kg is still not a small baby either but still stand good chance for natural if i respond to the induction or labour starts by itself.
you are right that he is very strict about not going past EDD which I don't know why but I read online on some past reviews that other mummies have on him, seems like he feels there is a risk for babies to remain inside after EDD and he does not like to take such risks.

I think yours may just come soon before next Fri. Looking optimistic since you are already reaching your EDD tmr and between tmr and next Fri will have high chance labor will start by itself.

yes yes, the pain and the bill both scares me haha. actually i also dont know how it will be charged if really emer c sect.
although he says baby is not very big like 4kg which then he will directly suggest c sect. but he did make it clear that 3.5kg is still not a small baby either but still stand good chance for natural if i respond to the induction or labour starts by itself.
you are right that he is very strict about not going past EDD which I don't know why but I read online on some past reviews that other mummies have on him, seems like he feels there is a risk for babies to remain inside after EDD and he does not like to take such risks.

I think yours may just come soon before next Fri. Looking optimistic since you are already reaching your EDD tmr and between tmr and next Fri will have high chance labor will start by itself.

You will be charged both for induction / natural labour + c section costs. You hv e estimated costs frm ur gynae? Can add up both and take it as a guide.

I guess diff gynaes hv diff opinions on dealing w overdue bbs. I read online dat some consider after 41wks then overdue *gasp* Meanwhile just hv to monitor bb movements, nothing much I can do :( Im still hoping this wkend can pop, easier on the logistics for us.

Happycsk, r u tall ? Cos if ur small built, 3.5kg is quite a big baby to push out. Of cos inducing got risk, and like u heard lots end up in emergency c-sec. But fret not, as long as u push out and can endure the 'pain & tears/cut', i believe going thru normal delivery is not a problem! U really have to weigh ur options , and like u say, hope bb gives u the sign to pop soon :)
Dont think so much now, jus enjoy the preggy time for now...

@sunstarmoon , ur gynae really relax.. Hehe. Continue baking till bb is ready...

Happycsk, r u tall ? Cos if ur small built, 3.5kg is quite a big baby to push out. Of cos inducing got risk, and like u heard lots end up in emergency c-sec. But fret not, as long as u push out and can endure the 'pain & tears/cut', i believe going thru normal delivery is not a problem! U really have to weigh ur options , and like u say, hope bb gives u the sign to pop soon :)
Dont think so much now, jus enjoy the preggy time for now...

@sunstarmoon , ur gynae really relax.. Hehe. Continue baking till bb is ready...

I am not tall at all! Only 158cm. Lol! That's why I also don't know why my gynae thinks I can push a 3.5kg baby out, unless he expects baby should be smaller than 3.5kg. Ai yo headache! Tot no issues all along coz bb position is ok for natural birth.

You will be charged both for induction / natural labour + c section costs. You hv e estimated costs frm ur gynae? Can add up both and take it as a guide.

I guess diff gynaes hv diff opinions on dealing w overdue bbs. I read online dat some consider after 41wks then overdue *gasp* Meanwhile just hv to monitor bb movements, nothing much I can do :( Im still hoping this wkend can pop, easier on the logistics for us.

Haha like that delivery is $5k plus liao! Cham ah.

Good luck, hope u pop this weekend!

@happycsk , i also 158cm.. My #1 diring scan was 3.5kg therefore i induced. End up only 3.1kg... Kenna cut cos her head circumference was 35cm lor.. Almost c-sec also cos was stuck at birth canal for almost 3hrs. No matter what mus trust ur instinct n baby too!! Tink of the bill i push even harder.. Somemore 1st bb sure kan chiong, scare of alot stuff...

Wah delivery $5k, havent include room n nursery n misc cost!!

@furbee thank you for sharing - our height and #1 baby weight measure same same!
my gynae also did mention if baby head circumference is big also cannot go thru canal and will end up c sect. he really make me be mentally prepared for emer c sect today but also made me very worried! he also doesn't do VE so I have no idea if I am in a good shape for dilation/effacement. but he never say baby confirm 3.5kg lah, he say plus/minus 15%. Sometimes could be bone mass heavy and baby is actually small sized when born or baby could be heavier than 3.5kg when born. he cannot say for sure.

yah damn scary hor - his delivery fees natural is actually reasonable but if i incur both, it's $2k+ for natural, c sect is $3k+. plus hospital bill will be WAHHHH. I don't even dare think about it and I gonna deliver at thomson, not other expensive hospitals.

talking about instincts, i honestly don't believe i am carrying a 3.5kg baby girl or maybe I trying to deceive myself HAHAHA. firstly, both my husband and I are avg build only. Husband is slim and 1.76cm tall. secondly, I only put on 5.5kg to date (now 65.5kg), how can baby be 3.5kg I cannot understand also. So I believe perhaps she's a big girl but cannot be 3.5kg bah. haha but me and hubs have a secret gamble on this - whether she is really such a big baby. we shall wait and see.

Yes famished! I ate alot just now. And actually, I drank water instead of red date water cos the hospital only provide normal water.

Im tired but all the visiting is preventing me from sleeping.

Yeah, jus wait till the day baby ready to pop! Hope u wun haf to go thru c-sec too!!
I delivered at tmc, my total bill $2+k. So really depends how many days u stay also. I only stay one night so v cheap. Is the add-ons misc stuff tat makes the bill soooo long. Rest more and EAT MORE!
Longing for my confinement to end!!

@BubsandBloms , xin ku ni le... Hardly u manage to get any wink.. Hopefully once past the visiting hrs u able to rest more... Take care!

Just wondering any mummies here that the milk supply still haven't increase even that continue pumping? Last few days i'm so happy when i'm able to pump 90ml for every 3hrs but start yesterday back to 30ml.
Really don't know if able to continue breastfeeding until baby 6 months old. Sad!

Just wondering any mummies here that the milk supply still haven't increase even that continue pumping? Last few days i'm so happy when i'm able to pump 90ml for every 3hrs but start yesterday back to 30ml.
Really don't know if able to continue breastfeeding until baby 6 months old. Sad!

How old is your baby? Did you also wake up and pump in the middle of the night?

After a grueling 15 hours of slow dilation n contractions, my little buddy finally arrived after 5 cycles of pushes!

Attachments

• 1432388497406.jpg
    1432388497406.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 156
Evelyntan83,

My baby is 2wks old now. Yeah i wake up on 4 or 5am to pump too.

Maybe you can try to add in one more pumping section around 1 or 2 am.. I have been pumping twice during middle of the night when my boy wake up. But now I'm trying to reduce it to 1 time.. Hopefully doing so won't reduce my supply.. Maybe you can try to take some booster to boost the milk supply?

Yes famished! I ate alot just now. And actually, I drank water instead of red date water cos the hospital only provide normal water.

Im tired but all the visiting is preventing me from sleeping.
The visiting are v tiring for new mummies. That's why during my stay I told my friends n relatives no need visit. Can see us after we go home n settled down. Only our parents n sisters came visit us I could rest n focus on bf bb.

Don't be disheartened will have up n down days. Just continue pumping. Apparently lots of skin to skin contact with help with the oxytocin hormones in us and help with milk supply.

Be prepared not everyone reacts well to the induction tablets. Like me I only went in 1cm dilated. Took me hours to reach 3cm after two tablets. The real game starts only after they put me on the drip to escalate contractions. Oh man, it came fast n furious. And even after epidural the pain was still unbearable. They even think that epidural wasnt done properly and they poked me a second time. Real challenge was the stay still part for them to administer epidural while I'm having contractions at the same time. Laughing gas n thigh jab did nothing for me. At one point I even told my hubby I wanna go emergency c sect! I think I really was in too much pain. If u ask me to choose all over again I think natural birth is very admirable, natural birth without epidural is seriously out of this world for me. I may just choose c section lols.

Ya I understand. If emergency csect means suffer double pain. Pain during induction n pain after op. Haiz. the bill too. Faintz.
Ur gynae really dun want go pass EDD ah...maybe ur baby size is consider big?
Mine v chill still can drag until next fri when my EDD is jus tmr. Im going to try out natural ways to bring forward the labour.

Me too my Edd is tMr gynae say 31st latest must induce

How u wanna try natural way to bring forward... I quite stress also lo wan baby to come out sooner
I keep walking coz bb not engaged lei... Walk till so tiring...ur be head engaged?

Be prepared not everyone reacts well to the induction tablets. Like me I only went in 1cm dilated. Took me hours to reach 3cm after two tablets. The real game starts only after they put me on the drip to escalate contractions. Oh man, it came fast n furious. And even after epidural the pain was still unbearable. They even think that epidural wasnt done properly and they poked me a second time. Real challenge was the stay still part for them to administer epidural while I'm having contractions at the same time. Laughing gas n thigh jab did nothing for me. At one point I even told my hubby I wanna go emergency c sect! I think I really was in too much pain. If u ask me to choose all over again I think natural birth is very admirable, natural birth without epidural is seriously out of this world for me. I may just choose c section lols.

Congrats to your beautiful bundle and thanks for the advice sweetie! I'm still in between both ways, srsly considering both options now in case I don't respond well to the induction or baby really too big for me to push out.

@Vinka , for me my supply also reduced all of a sudden after day 12. Now i try to pump if i nv latch bb. Night time i too tired so pump 11pm and also 4am. Jus maintain the supply even if it decreases, cos one day it will increase again.
Dont give up... Jus the thought itself will demotivate u. Dont look at ur boobs when u pump.. Try to look n play with bb, listen music watch ipad relax, drink hot water or milo... Eat some chocolate! can make u feel happier. :) just look on the bright side that no matter how little milk, jus give bb what u have...the best breastmilk!

Back