2016/01 Jan Babies

sometime i wonder should i worry or not.. cos i dun have much symptoms ley now *touchwood*

i guess mine is sore and heavy boob, sometime cramps and alway hungry. hahaha.. tired also...

I don't really have much symptoms as well, only the occasional cramps/pain in abdomen. Hunger feels like it has subsided as compared to last week ... not sure if that's a good or bad thing! :eek:

No sore boobs :( They're still as flat and normal as they can be.

I don't really have much symptoms as well, only the occasional cramps/pain in abdomen. Hunger feels like it has subsided as compared to last week ... not sure if that's a good or bad thing! :eek:

at least i know someone got same symptoms as me.. hahahaha...

oh.. my boob sore till quite bad...

I dun feel anything till I remove my bra... so sensitive now... Plus today i become lil merlion for 2 times... hopfully dun turn to big merlion... lol...

Now keep eating sweet to cover my sickness... Haven't let my office ppl know.

sometime i wonder should i worry or not.. cos i dun have much symptoms ley now *touchwood*

i guess mine is sore and heavy boob, sometime cramps and alway hungry. hahaha.. tired also...

I didn't have much symptoms for my #1 too.. No vomiting and no feeling of nausea at all.. This time round I do feel a bit.. And I've been craving for Tom yum soup for the past few days! Is anyone starting to have any cravings? I'm only at 5 weeks now..

Tom Yam soup's for me too!! So far so good; am keeping my fingers crossed!
My 1st one was so so, not too much ms but just sensitive to some smells; 2nd one was horrid, bad ms till like 5th or 6th month, cannot eat and dehydrated!

I dont have any ms during my #1, but now whatever I see I want to eat.. gosh!!! Like just now pass by a bakery shop and smell the butter, suddenly want to eat butter cake. Then brought my daughter to McD and saw the neighbour eating Sundae Choc, I also oder one for myself.. donno how many kg gg to gain on this preg...

Hehe my scan is next Monday. Keep telling myself don't gan cheong. Just wait and be good for now. I am feeling quite normal but tired. *fingers crossed!*

I dont have any ms during my #1, but now whatever I see I want to eat.. gosh!!! Like just now pass by a bakery shop and smell the butter, suddenly want to eat butter cake. Then brought my daughter to McD and saw the neighbour eating Sundae Choc, I also oder one for myself.. donno how many kg gg to gain on this preg...

I am the opposite of you.. Whatever food i see, i get so turn off. There are only a few food I can eat now. :(
Amazing what pregnancy can do to us ya. :)

Ya... I went to my favorite steamboat place yesterday and the food don't taste the same anymore. They say the chef is still the same person :(

Ya... I went to my favorite steamboat place yesterday and the food don't taste the same anymore. They say the chef is still the same person :(

Yesterday feeling like eating Laksa... After eating half bowl then the taste change Liao... Dun feel like carry on eating...

Babyezz.. I think ur appetite will be better after 1st tri. More imp drink more water and have good rest! Is this ur #1?

Hello ladies / mummies-to-be!
Am new to this forum! Really need your advice about something..

Just tested positive on 2 different test yesterday and was really quite happy, but stunned at the same time cos it was just last month that we decided to throw away the "raincoat" and "play in the rain". Didn't expect to be positive so quickly! :D
Anyway, did some calculation and I think I just completed 4th week as of today.
As for symptoms - other than sore and tender breasts and occasional backaches, I don't have / haven't had any nausea, food cravings, spotting.

Photo 21-5-15 14 10 40.jpg

Since it's my first pregnancy, I called my MIL (mother-in-law) - who is an experience nurse in a polyclinic - about my plans to see a polyclinic doctor and get referral letter for a check up at hospital. But she said I should wait for another week and test on a HPT (home pregnancy test) again. If it's positive, then go and see doctor at polyclinic.

As much as I would like to heed her advice, waiting for another week sucks and the control freak in me wants to march to the polyclinic and confirm my pregnancy.

So ladies, my questions are:
1. what did you all do when you all found out that you were pregnant?
2. did any of you got a referral letter from the polyclinic, continued your routine test at the referred hospital, then switch to your desired gynae halfway?

Why I'm thinking about this route is because I heard that the first few test in the first trimester are quite routine checks, which a referred hospital (from the polyclinic) can easily do. Though I understand that the waiting time during the appointment is long, and it would be a different doctor each time I go for an appointment.. but it is really much more freaking cheaper.

Any thoughts or advice? :(

Gracenagg,

My #1 preg, I dunno.. Just go Se Gynae. Went there can only see a bean... Lol... Then every 2 weeks need to go back review. After that, I only go appointment after Abt 7-8weeks... Now is my #3 n seeing Gynae on Monday.

I prefer to private as kkh is cheap but always different doc plus the distance n waiting time... I think not worth it for me...

My Gynae charges not high so still ok...

Thanks for the advice jane26!

May I know who is your gynae?
My desired gynae is Dr HK Ho from Mt Alvernia but I heard that he' slightly more expensive although he is very good :(

On a sidenote, are there any mummies out there who has recommendations for gynae? Am looking for one that delivers at Mount Alvernia (if not other hospitals also can) and preferably gentle and patient as well.

Thank you!

Yesterday feeling like eating Laksa... After eating half bowl then the taste change Liao... Dun feel like carry on eating...
Yes yes yes!!! Like craving something, dig into it.... then find that it doesn't taste as good as it should be.

I lost interest in my bowl of ban mian the other day and just now I had a McFlurry and it taste different!!! Not so creamy and yummy anymore!!!

My desired gynae is Dr HK Ho from Mt Alvernia but I heard that he' slightly more expensive although he is very good :(

On a sidenote, are there any mummies out there who has recommendations for gynae? Am looking for one that delivers at Mount Alvernia (if not other hospitals also can) and preferably gentle and patient as well.

Thank you!

I'm going to Dr Henry Cheng, introduced by my friend who seems to be doing well in her pregnancy. He has two clinics, Bishan & Novena MountE. Delivers in Mount E Novena & Mount Alvernia. ;)
First visit on next Monday, I'll keep you posted. :)

Just tested positive on 2 different test yesterday and was really quite happy, but stunned at the same time cos it was just last month that we decided to throw away the "raincoat" and "play in the rain". Didn't expect to be positive so quickly! :D
As for symptoms - other than sore and tender breasts and occasional backaches, I don't have / haven't had any nausea, food cravings, spotting.

View attachment 532597

Since it's my first pregnancy, I called my MIL (mother-in-law) - who is an experience nurse in a polyclinic - about my plans to see a polyclinic doctor and get referral letter for a check up at hospital. But she said I should wait for another week and test on a HPT (home pregnancy test) again. If it's positive, then go and see doctor at polyclinic.

As much as I would like to heed her advice, waiting for another week sucks and the control freak in me wants to march to the polyclinic and confirm my pregnancy.

2. did any of you got a referral letter from the polyclinic, continued your routine test at the referred hospital, then switch to your desired gynae halfway?

Why I'm thinking about this route is because I heard that the first few test in the first trimester are quite routine checks, which a referred hospital (from the polyclinic) can easily do. Though I understand that the waiting time during the appointment is long, and it would be a different doctor each time I go for an appointment.. but it is really much more freaking cheaper.

Congrats Grace, wow first try and u hit jackpot! If u r now in 4th week, i suggest u wait for 5th week then go see doc, sometimes 4th week cant see anything, dun waste money and more worries, my 2ct suggestion to u:
4th week go polyclinic or kkh to take blood test for pregnancy to know ur hcg level. Above 250 then consider safe level, if lesser, retake 2 days later. Should double up the hcg level.
-5th week go scan for ges sac, to confirm is a normal pregnancy, not chemical or etopic.
-7th week go scan for heartbeat to confirm viable pregnancy and baby did grow well.

Yes yes yes!!! Like craving something, dig into it.... then find that it doesn't taste as good as it should be.

I lost interest in my bowl of ban mian the other day and just now I had a McFlurry and it taste different!!! Not so creamy and yummy anymore!!!
high five, same here, wanna eat something then buy liao lost interest. Sian. Hubby keep scolding me for not eat enough. I used to eat alot, now my portion is 1/4 of my pre preg appetite. Haiz... hopefully we all gain back our appetite soon.

Congrats Grace, wow first try and u hit jackpot! If u r now in 4th week, i suggest u wait for 5th week then go see doc, sometimes 4th week cant see anything, dun waste money and more worries, my 2ct suggestion to u:
4th week go polyclinic or kkh to take blood test for pregnancy to know ur hcg level. Above 250 then consider safe level, if lesser, retake 2 days later. Should double up the hcg level.
-5th week go scan for ges sac, to confirm is a normal pregnancy, not chemical or etopic.
-7th week go scan for heartbeat to confirm viable pregnancy and baby did grow well.

Wow thanks for your valuable and concise advice! Ok I shall wait one more week then :)

Thank you!

Hi gracemagg,

I was with Dr Loke since my 1st preg at Singapore Women Clinic Tampines...

The package also very affordable... Near my house n the hospital only at parkway east... All nearby...

Hi gracemagg,

I was with Dr Loke since my 1st preg at Singapore Women Clinic Tampines...

The package also very affordable... Near my house n the hospital only at parkway east... All nearby...

Ah I see. Thanks for the recommendation!

Btw, has anyone gotten maternity insurance yet. Trying to do some research about it but I get so distracted after reading halfway :/

hihi, dr PHUA at kovan is quite affordable and quite nice. but you need to ask him questions as he speak quite less. lol.

btw, maybe drinking lotsa water can help to reduce cramping? today I drink lotsa water and cramping seem to reduce and not so bad.

I'm 7 weeks and experienced seems like spotting yesterday. then this morning I woke up to check again and saw there is a tiny weeny dot (seems like red but I'm really not sure cuz too small). Am I able to go to my company GP to check or I must go to my gynae? I'm not sure to what extent of the amount discharge (or bleeding) I need to be worried and quickly get myself checked, any advice?

View attachment 532597

dear, why not you just go and buy a digital clearblue kit and test at home probably in another week? it is very accurate and there is no need to get a confirmation from polyclinic or GP.
If you already have a desired gynae, I dont see a need to go to the polyclinic anymore. I understand about the cost savings, but I feel you should start going to the gynae if you decided on one. What if you go for first appointment and dont like the gynae? Then you need to spend time to find another one and to wait for the next appointment. I always feel it is better to stick to one gynae from the early stages so they will understand and guide us through our pregnancy better. And actually, i feel 1st trimester checks are the most important as it has the highest chance of miscarriage. This is my opinion ya. :)

I'm going to Dr Henry Cheng, introduced by my friend who seems to be doing well in her pregnancy. He has two clinics, Bishan & Novena MountE. Delivers in Mount E Novena & Mount Alvernia. ;)
First visit on next Monday, I'll keep you posted. :)

Hi 5. I just went for my 1st check up with Dr Henry Cheng yesterday. Both my hubby and myself like him, so we will stick with him. He is quite funny too.
The nurses there ok too. What i like about him is the waiting time. I only waited 20 mins before i saw him. I think this is acceptable considering all the stories ive heard from my friends about having to wait 1-2 hours for their gynae. I think 10 years back, my sister waited 4 hours for her gynae even with appointment.

If your appointment is on monday, i assume you are going to the novena clinic?

I'm 7 weeks and experienced seems like spotting yesterday. then this morning I woke up to check again and saw there is a tiny weeny dot (seems like red but I'm really not sure cuz too small). Am I able to go to my company GP to check or I must go to my gynae? I'm not sure to what extent of the amount discharge (or bleeding) I need to be worried and quickly get myself checked, any advice?
I think from the amount you mentioned, it should be ok. Unless you are bleeding like having menses or need to change the pad very frequently, then you should be worried. Please try to rest more and dont move too much if it continues. I think if it gets worse or you are really worried, you should go to your gynae. My previous MC, i went to the GP, then they ask me to go the KKH immediately. (that time i did not have any gynae yet)
Dont stress yourself k?

I t
i think that's normal - if it gets worse or you get pain, call your doc.

For mine yes. #1 pregnancy was a breeze, appetite was good and no morning sickness. Whereas this time round I had cramps and spotting too for almost 4 days, one light pink bleeding (went to see Gynae yesterday and was reassured by a scan) and no appetite at all..
Keeping my fingers crossed that morning sickness doesn't creep in.

This is my 2nd pregnancy. I dun ecen hv any feeling at all! No nausea or anything. Im kind of worried. Hahaa. Nxt week will be my check up. The first check up gynae cant see anything at all.

I think from the amount you mentioned, it should be ok. Unless you are bleeding like having menses or need to change the pad very frequently, then you should be worried. Please try to rest more and dont move too much if it continues. I think if it gets worse or you are really worried, you should go to your gynae. My previous MC, i went to the GP, then they ask me to go the KKH immediately. (that time i did not have any gynae yet)
Dont stress yourself k?

thanks alot i definitely feel much better now. earlier this morning when i called gynae to seek advice they just ask me to go kkh which i did. end up the female doc there just do a virginal scan for me which is quite painful :( when she removed the equipment and i wiped really got more blood and some clots too, brown color. she just told me 50/50 wait and see tts all. no injection no meds. so i got home feeling depressed cuz my sore breast and cramp symptoms also today kind of subsided liao.. so dunno y maybe i just got negative and feel so sad. ill continue to monitor and hope everything will be ok

thanks alot i definitely feel much better now. earlier this morning when i called gynae to seek advice they just ask me to go kkh which i did. end up the female doc there just do a virginal scan for me which is quite painful :( when she removed the equipment and i wiped really got more blood and some clots too, brown color. she just told me 50/50 wait and see tts all. no injection no meds. so i got home feeling depressed cuz my sore breast and cramp symptoms also today kind of subsided liao.. so dunno y maybe i just got negative and feel so sad. ill continue to monitor and hope everything will be ok

Dont worry ya. Did you managed to see your baby through the scan?
I did the V scan too. So uncomfortable ya.
Hmm, by right, they will take your blood to test for HCG level and ask you come back 3 days later right?

dear, why not you just go and buy a digital clearblue kit and test at home probably in another week? it is very accurate and there is no need to get a confirmation from polyclinic or GP.
If you already have a desired gynae, I dont see a need to go to the polyclinic anymore. I understand about the cost savings, but I feel you should start going to the gynae if you decided on one. What if you go for first appointment and dont like the gynae? Then you need to spend time to find another one and to wait for the next appointment. I always feel it is better to stick to one gynae from the early stages so they will understand and guide us through our pregnancy better. And actually, i feel 1st trimester checks are the most important as it has the highest chance of miscarriage. This is my opinion ya. :)

Thanks for your advice baybeez. I guess you are right about going straight to the gynae instead of the polyclinic. I'm now considering that option :)

As for the clearblue test, yes I will buy that soon!

Btw, today I took another test (using another brand) and 2 lines, although one is slightly lighter than the other.

ImageUploadedByForum1432308916.759206.jpg

By far this is the third test I'm taking (all 3 different brands) and all 3 tests are like that. I mean.. I should be pregnant right? Lol!

Sorry I know it sounds really weird to be asking the obvious but my MIL (who is a nurse) thinks that both lines should be the same color to be 100% confirm. Sigh.

Back