(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Last night, the lil girl tried to play punk and slept at almost 4am and dont want to be put down. I had to sleep seated. When I put her down, she'll be wide awake, so I gave up and let her sleep on my chest. Woke up with a throbbing head. Hope to it'll be better tonight!
Like my boy sometime when I put down he start to cry. Want me to carry him everywhere. So tired! I managed to swaddle him a lot then sing lullaby for him to sleep, then off air con etc make it as hot as i can. Then put him off. Lols.... So he can feel hot thought I still carry him.

Nazriah what kind of spinach u eat? That red spinach? Baby spinach or chinese spinach? My milk supply oso seems like decreasing even I have drink fenugreek and other medicine from gynae for milk booster. Think gonna stop bf soon. Sobs

Normal local spinach. Actually I took that daily for one week after discharge. After that I eat like normal. I bought fenugreek and also was given mother's milk tea, but have yet to touch them tho.

I just eat lots of vegetables and drink loads. About 3litres or more per day.
So far so good. or I am just plain lucky lah! Hope can reach 6 months of bf

Like my boy sometime when I put down he start to cry. Want me to carry him everywhere. So tired! I managed to swaddle him a lot then sing lullaby for him to sleep, then off air con etc make it as hot as i can. Then put him off. Lols.... So he can feel hot thought I still carry him.

The oldies say it's the changing of month phase. Last mth upon turning one mth also she like this. So... bo pian lah... endure for the week.

To stop her from crying, I will hug her tight, her cheek to my cheek and I will start swaying while singing or say some prayers. Sometimes it works, sometimes, sigh.....

The oldies say it's the changing of month phase. Last mth upon turning one mth also she like this. So... bo pian lah... endure for the week.

To stop her from crying, I will hug her tight, her cheek to my cheek and I will start swaying while singing or say some prayers. Sometimes it works, sometimes, sigh.....

Ya i also heard is jus a phrase. Mine daily awake at 11pm, sleeps after 2am, and its a blessing for me as long not till 4am! Now turning 1 mth, hope bb be more awake during the day also.
@nazriah u can consider investing in a small capacity freezer solely for bm.. I bought my chest freezer since my #1, and been serving well..esp so when start to go work and dun have to worry bout the milk.
Importantly nv take up the space for food also. And during festive season can buy for frozen food to keep :p hehe.

@MTB-2015 , maybe u can avoid ginger and chinese herbs for the time being? I did that for my #2, took almost 3weeks to drop fro, lvl 300+ to safe lvl.

@mylilsheep , u can try drinking papaya fish soup everyday.. It did help me abit...

Ya i also heard is jus a phrase. Mine daily awake at 11pm, sleeps after 2am, and its a blessing for me as long not till 4am! Now turning 1 mth, hope bb be more awake during the day also.
@nazriah u can consider investing in a small capacity freezer solely for bm.. I bought my chest freezer since my #1, and been serving well..esp so when start to go work and dun have to worry bout the milk.
Importantly nv take up the space for food also. And during festive season can buy for frozen food to keep :p hehe.

@MTB-2015 , maybe u can avoid ginger and chinese herbs for the time being? I did that for my #2, took almost 3weeks to drop fro, lvl 300+ to safe lvl.

@mylilsheep , u can try drinking papaya fish soup everyday.. It did help me abit...

I wish I can invest a small freezer. But no more space. Staying with in laws and they have lots of stuffs. So cannot squeeze another freezer. They have a separate freezer for the food stuffs tho. My milk is just sharing the space with ice cubes and some freeze dried leaves (pandan, mint, basil, etc) so ok lah not too bad.

Just waiting to the end of the year when my flat will be ready and I can have my own space. :)

Not sure is it due to weather or what, I seem to have slight fever with no sign of flu or sore throat. Anyone here experience this and can I continue breastfeeding if I m feverish?

Not sure is it due to weather or what, I seem to have slight fever with no sign of flu or sore throat. Anyone here experience this and can I continue breastfeeding if I m feverish?
Don't worry u will pass ur anti bodies to ur LO so can still continue with bf.
I was down with cough n flu recently too and still continue with my bf. Drink lots of water and rest well.

Bb wide awake since 4am till now.. Yawnz.
Mummies, anyone intro pacifier to bb? How long can bb suckle on it..? I trying to use it to replace him finding my boobs as comfort... But still not successful.

Bb wide awake since 4am till now.. Yawnz.
Mummies, anyone intro pacifier to bb? How long can bb suckle on it..? I trying to use it to replace him finding my boobs as comfort... But still not successful.
I'm also hesitant to whether give bb pacifier.

My hubby give in to pacifiier when she cries terribly loud and we sort of managed to get her cue now... She is progressing well now...

Just that I feel that dont make the baby cry too hard that their vocal cords can be damaged permanently...

39 weeks day 2. Went for gynae checkup ytd n gynae said I can wait out till 41weeks. Who knows water bag broke at 8am this morning. Started with trickle n followed by gushes with light pink discharge. Used up four maternity pads. Had a good shower, washed my clothes n had my cereals. Reached hospital at 11. Now warded. Checked only 1cm dilation. No real contractions yet. Super hate the dilation check! Was told I need to be induced as water bag already broke 3hrs ago n no gd to wait too long. Hence first pill inserted. Unpleasant feeling. Now waiting for contractions. Few days before, more discharge but no show. Lotsa Bh n bb movements throughout the night. Hope that helps for mummies still waiting.

@Skivewalker , dun tink of the pain from the VE checks... More to come!! Esp so when different nurses come in, or when they change shift. So best is u faster deliver.. Hehe.
All the best, smooth n fast delivery!! U got tk painkillers?? Hopefully u can dilate faster n deliver soon as ur waterbag broke quite some time ago... JIAYOU!

39 weeks day 2. Went for gynae checkup ytd n gynae said I can wait out till 41weeks. Who knows water bag broke at 8am this morning. Started with trickle n followed by gushes with light pink discharge. Used up four maternity pads. Had a good shower, washed my clothes n had my cereals. Reached hospital at 11. Now warded. Checked only 1cm dilation. No real contractions yet. Super hate the dilation check! Was told I need to be induced as water bag already broke 3hrs ago n no gd to wait too long. Hence first pill inserted. Unpleasant feeling. Now waiting for contractions. Few days before, more discharge but no show. Lotsa Bh n bb movements throughout the night. Hope that helps for mummies still waiting.
Another bb on the way! Jiayou!

Wk39 + 5 today
Tot tmr can come out
But today gynae check
Head still not engage, Celvic still sight after VE
No sign at all...n gynae don recommne induce
So wait looooooooooooo

excited for u! have a fast and smooth labour!
i've been having lotsa BH recently for past few nights and sometimes it seems constantly in tightening mode, made me super tired and drained with the intense pressure. so now every afternoon gotta take naps else too tired to survive the day.

Jia you to all ladies who are still waiting to deliver! Meanwhile,enjoy the moments when the baby is still inside.

Went to see gynae yesterday for OGTT & pap smear. Saw a lady doing CTG there. Then I told my gynae that I missed doing CTG and missed being pregnant. He asked, "so when is #4 coming?" Lol.

As much as I miss being pregnant, I will wait....wait till this one is at least 2 years old before having #4.

Pap smear and OGTT results will only be out next week. Hope all is well.

Jia you to all ladies who are still waiting to deliver! Meanwhile,enjoy the moments when the baby is still inside.

Went to see gynae yesterday for OGTT & pap smear. Saw a lady doing CTG there. Then I told my gynae that I missed doing CTG and missed being pregnant. He asked, "so when is #4 coming?" Lol.

As much as I miss being pregnant, I will wait....wait till this one is at least 2 years old before having #4.

Oh dear... I miss being pregnant too. Miss the kicks in tummy...
But now I love baby punches on me and scratches my breast when breastfeed. Haha... :)

I realised my boy don't really like to nap in the afternoon.. Anyone got similar problem.. I thought bb should be sleeping most of the time..

@Skivewalker jia you! Smooth delivery ya.

@littlepurple I'm also waiting. my gynae recommend induction for me. But I dun want to be induced. So I got until next wk to persuade baby to come out. :(

How many weeks along are you?
Try doing squats if u can...sometimes baby just need that extra motivation to get engaged and start the labor. I have bad pains on my pelvic and thighs since early third trim so I can't really do squats. Even when I turn in bed also hurt v bad during sleep.

I am 39 weeks now and my gynae will induce me at on EDD next week as he doesn't like his patients to go overdue.

Hope baby comes soon for all waiting mummies!

How many weeks along are you?
Try doing squats if u can...sometimes baby just need that extra motivation to get engaged and start the labor. I have bad pains on my pelvic and thighs since early third trim so I can't really do squats. Even when I turn in bed also hurt v bad during sleep.

I am 39 weeks now and my gynae will induce me at on EDD next week as he doesn't like his patients to go overdue.

Hope baby comes soon for all waiting mummies!
39 weeks 5 days. I tried to exercise. But these few days my pubic bone hurts and I can hardly lift my leg at times. Today I woke up to bad back ache near my buttocks. Haiz. Everyday got new addition of pain. Zzz. i feel so old.
when is ur induction?

Aiyo don't say that....not old lah. But honestly I everyday also feel like got new addition of pain or ache also. These few days I still feel my belly getting more itchy, thighs pain until I groan in pain when I try to find proper position to sleep, feel a little nauseous these days and heartburn getting worst. I told my husband actually week 39/40 won't be so difficult to get by if it's like week 36 or earlier. Lol

Wk39 + 5 today
Tot tmr can come out
But today gynae check
Head still not engage, Celvic still sight after VE
No sign at all...n gynae don recommne induce
So wait looooooooooooo

Lol im overdue already! My CL been calling me everyday to chk if i hv delivered… which is getting kinda annoying.
Arghhh i give up, you do watever you want bb, mommy is getting fat from all the eating and waiting while you are so comfy inside…

Lol im overdue already! My CL been calling me everyday to chk if i hv delivered… which is getting kinda annoying.
Arghhh i give up, you do watever you want bb, mommy is getting fat from all the eating and waiting while you are so comfy inside…
Haha. U r so cute. Ur CL got another pending job issit? Like tt will she cut short ur confinement?
mine is my facial kp calling. Pek chek.

Haha. U r so cute. Ur CL got another pending job issit? Like tt will she cut short ur confinement?
mine is my facial kp calling. Pek chek.

Yes i suspect she got another job lined up nicely after mine, and im spoiling her plans haha. But i already told her awhile back my gynae says will be on time or late wat, still calling faintz… my own mother oso dun call everyday!

Nway if she wans to cut short then cut short lor, i'll just pro rate her pay. Confinement shorter i oso happy :)

Hi Girls,

Sorry this is gna be a long post. I'm currently doing confinement at my mum's. As she is inexperienced with baby care and works part time still, she is unable to render much help, making hubby and i on brink of exhaustion. We hired a CL who eased our burden but my mum felt threatened and jealous of her presence and made things difficult for nanny and giving me alot of mental stress each day. I cried almost ever other day and fear that i will develop depression.

Finally, hubby and i decided to move back to our own house this weekend. My mum took it badly and tried to dissuade us for fear of tongues wagging that her daughter moves out before one month. I am saddened that she does not consider me nor baby at all bt her own ego...

Second pill inserted but bb still chillax. I am only 1cm dilated. Gg be a long wait. The MO told me they can insert up to four pills. Each pill is inserted six hours apart. Just now when they inserted first pill, they actually allow me a couple of hours to go walk around n come bk at 6pm. Now back at waiting for second pill to take effect. Guess different people reacts differently. Not all induction leads to spontaneous contractions in case u wonder.

Oh my, @Twirlycandy .. I think ur mum might feel that she is not capable at home, somemore with the new nanny, and the reliance tat u all be giving on the nanny instead of her. Maybe find time to have a heart 2 heart chat and let her know ur decisions, n why... U all chose to ease her load as she also working part time, and be tired .. Furthermore u also need the extra hands when she is at work..
Hope all goes well for u and ur family. Happiness and health is utmost important, dont tink n stress urself.. Hugs!

Second pill inserted but bb still chillax. I am only 1cm dilated. Gg be a long wait. The MO told me they can insert up to four pills. Each pill is inserted six hours apart. Just now when they inserted first pill, they actually allow me a couple of hours to go walk around n come bk at 6pm. Now back at waiting for second pill to take effect. Guess different people reacts differently. Not all induction leads to spontaneous contractions in case u wonder.

I also took 2 pills for my #1, total 15.5hrs till delivered. Hopefully urs wont be long!! Haha but 1cm dilate.......really gna b a longggg wait.......

I realised my boy don't really like to nap in the afternoon.. Anyone got similar problem.. I thought bb should be sleeping most of the time..

I think bb sleeping cycle will change as they grow.. Today 1st time my bb awake in the afternoon too..normally is after midnight. So i crossing my fingers to have a gd night rest later!!
How old ur bb liao?..

I also took 2 pills for my #1, total 15.5hrs till delivered. Hopefully urs wont be long!! Haha but 1cm dilate.......really gna b a longggg wait.......
Ya lor. I think my bb only likes to party at night. Got a feeling he will come out late at night

I think bb sleeping cycle will change as they grow.. Today 1st time my bb awake in the afternoon too..normally is after midnight. So i crossing my fingers to have a gd night rest later!!
How old ur bb liao?..

He is coming to 4 weeks soon... We try to keep his awake during the evening time so that he will sleep at night... But somehow during afternoon time hard to get him to nap..

Hi Girls,

Sorry this is gna be a long post. I'm currently doing confinement at my mum's. As she is inexperienced with baby care and works part time still, she is unable to render much help, making hubby and i on brink of exhaustion. We hired a CL who eased our burden but my mum felt threatened and jealous of her presence and made things difficult for nanny and giving me alot of mental stress each day. I cried almost ever other day and fear that i will develop depression.

Finally, hubby and i decided to move back to our own house this weekend. My mum took it badly and tried to dissuade us for fear of tongues wagging that her daughter moves out before one month. I am saddened that she does not consider me nor baby at all bt her own ego...

Hugs. So sorry to hear that. Don't be sad, I think your mom also wants to do her best for you thus feel threatened by the CL.

However, the most impt thing is for you to feel good about the recovery and have a comfortable confinement. So just move back and recover well, your mom will surely come round to her thinking that you've had a proper confinement sooner or later and that you had decent help from the CL. I think she knows but just that old ppl sometimes care too much about "face". Jiayou!!

Jiayou! Seems like gonna be a long wait so rest more for all the pushing later on :)

Hi Girls,

Hey sorry to hear dat… is your CL still helping out when you move back to your place? I agree dat sometimes old folks are abit difficult to handle, esp if they think dat they brought up x no. of children donkey yrs ago, thus assume they know everything. If im doing confinement w my mum, sure quarrel everyday too.

Do wats best for yourselves for now, after this period is over then explain to your mum k. She cares for you and her grandchild too, just maybe stubborn bah. Hang in there and try to relax.

@yew yew what is OGTT? Wow u still want to pregnant? I have this one already make me crazy liao. Cannot think if I have another one. Lols

Hi Girls,

Sorry to hear that... Guess it's the old ppl thingy. On a brighter side, at least one get to go back to ur own place.

My mil came from msia to help with my confinement. However, she mainly does the cooking...even not washing those pots and pans after dinner..all leaving for my dear hub to wash. :(

Other major chores like mopping the floor, etc we leave it to our PT helper. For baby care (i have a 3yo gal as well), it is purely me to take care...as my mil claims that she can't handle.

But i still grateful that she preps lunch and dinner for me...juz sayang my dear hub has to clean up the oily kitchen (due to OCD me) everyday after work...and jagar our 3yo...

Almost another 1 week plus to end my confinement...and my PT helper agreed to do a massive cleanup in my kitchen and refrigerator. *phew*

Juz feeling tired ever since back from hospital...perhaps..i shld be firm to get confinement tingkat in the first place... :T

After unblocked by the TMC LC ytd, my ducts block again today. I find dat 5mins x3 pump session cannot empty the breast leh, let alone to clear the ducts. Duno how now.

Then realise there's some redness at my c-sec wound but I dun feel pain nor itchy lah. Wonder wat cause the redness. I have not taken any chicken nor egg since the op lo..

I'm now at the hospital going through check. I had blood discharge with very mild pain. Called them and they asked me to come for check. Soooo nervous!
Skalli u even faster than me. Take care! I'm now having regular contractions 5mins apart n I rate 5 out of 10 on pain scale. Nurse said I probably threshold of pain v low coz since I was only 1cm dilate. They said long way to go. Only plan to check my dilation tomorrow morning. They will only give me pain relief if I rate 8. Not possible to sleep tonight.

@Twirlycandy , u r not alone. Me at the first place asking my mum to stay to help me taking care of me and baby. Although I know I could not expected her to do much. But at least I could still have a little bit help from her. In the end, my mum did not even cook for me or wash dishes. I even need to do house chores, cooking for her and buy groceries. She only helped me to bath my baby. Other than that she only nagged me this and that. Last minute I ordered confinement food once a day for my own good. Then she talked that I am wasting money ordering that coz it is not cheap. But I was thinking if I do not ordered then I will suffer.

I also have problem with bf, coz my mum could not hear bb cry. Everytime bb cry she come to my room and said bb hungry le, need to feed him. She said my milk supply is not enough give him fm. I really want to try to tbf but she did not support me. Sometime my mum give him fm when I am away just for a while for groceries. I oso bo bian.
Hubby oso buay tahan with her. Coz she did not help me much and she talked too much. She always said that she has brought so many children oredy bla bla bla which is true. But how come I have enuf milk if I do not even have time to eat for my self?

Now I just get used to it since I still need her though not too much help. I still remember how I suffer from baby blues the first week when I discharged from hospital. I even regretting myself getting pregnant and having this baby. I was really tired to do all the stuff and taking care my baby plus hearing those negative words from my mum.

I just try to think positively at least my mum still helping me to bath my bb. Thats all.

You just take care yourselves, no need to think much abt ur mum. Sometime I oso feel v bad, locked myself at my room do not want to see my mum nagged here and that. I know she is not happy. But I oso still need my sanity. Lols

Back