(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

anyone bought baby food processor, baby bowls or things like that?

I thought of buying a good blender with extra jug. One jug for cooking and another for baby food and smoothie.

I wanna buy baby bowls and spoon too. My 4+mth boy is constantly crying nowadays. He seems so hungry. Whenever I feed him, he will drink it up so fast. Like, I starve him for days like that.

I feed him 140ml every 2 hours and he will cry, asking for more! His first feed at 6.30am, he can finish up 210ml at one go. Am trying to pace him, not too much milk.

Actually, I aim to give him puree at 6mths. Now, maybe, I will introduce it a lil earlier at around 5 mths.

what you ladies think?

That's a lot of milk! I DL whenever I am with baby, but when my MIL gives him bottle, he drinks about 120-130ml every 3 hours...

Introducing solids only after 5 mths, but so far, we have been letting him lick and taste stuff like apples, plums etc...

That's a lot of milk! I DL whenever I am with baby, but when my MIL gives him bottle, he drinks about 120-130ml every 3 hours...

Introducing solids only after 5 mths, but so far, we have been letting him lick and taste stuff like apples, plums etc...

I know right! Getting stressed from this.

His feedings went haywired eversince I came back from a short holiday without my son. Now, he totally rejects breastfeeding and but drinks a lot.

Using bottle, he will fuss, cry, need to coax and drink. Fuss, cry, need to coax and drink.

He dnt seems to have ear infection or anything that might cause this. Maybe it is nipple confusion.

I hope it is just a phase.

I know right! Getting stressed from this.

His feedings went haywired eversince I came back from a short holiday without my son. Now, he totally rejects breastfeeding and but drinks a lot.

Using bottle, he will fuss, cry, need to coax and drink. Fuss, cry, need to coax and drink.

He dnt seems to have ear infection or anything that might cause this. Maybe it is nipple confusion.

I hope it is just a phase.

I think I Jus pass this phase.. Mine just turn 3 month
But our suspect is could be I drink too much tea that make him so fussy

Anyone still able to keep up with their pumping schedule? I am back to work 2 weeks already... able to pump 2 times at work, plus 3 times at home. First week still manage to pump 6 times a day... Now cannot Liao. My job is making me exhausted, reaching home at 9pm everyday :(

Anyone still able to keep up with their pumping schedule? I am back to work 2 weeks already... able to pump 2 times at work, plus 3 times at home. First week still manage to pump 6 times a day... Now cannot Liao. My job is making me exhausted, reaching home at 9pm everyday :(

How the supply now? Did it drop?

How the supply now? Did it drop?

Dropped cos i pumped lesser le. First 2m of ML 7 times a day then next 2m 6 times, start work 5 times... so already gradually decreasing le, but I still aim to provide for her for 6m lo after that start semi solids got more choices of food :)

Dropped cos i pumped lesser le. First 2m of ML 7 times a day then next 2m 6 times, start work 5 times... so already gradually decreasing le, but I still aim to provide for her for 6m lo after that start semi solids got more choices of food :)

But 3rd months onwards your lo intake not lesser mah?
Your 5 times should be enough for it.

But 3rd months onwards your lo intake not lesser mah?
Your 5 times should be enough for it.

Yup her intake now lesser already 5 times shld be enough... If really too tired I might just slowly cut till 4 then stop gradually. If only she could latch.. That would be good.

Truly agree.. Mine refuse to latch too..

She have a love hate relationship with my boobs... Didn't work out for us so I ep since the day I brought her home. Jin sad.. I tried latching when she was around 3m, but still cannot, then I make a comment "你不事货” lol my hubby burst out laughing.

She have a love hate relationship with my boobs... Didn't work out for us so I ep since the day I brought her home. Jin sad.. I tried latching when she was around 3m, but still cannot, then I make a comment "你不事货” lol my hubby burst out laughing.
My boy after becoming my weekend baby dun wan to latch oso. Every first nite of the weekend, is a torturing nite. Cos he dun recognise the hse and dun wan me to comfort latch oso. I say he is a 忘恩复意的家伙. Forget how I take care of him for my whole ML already. Sometimes I do get emotional will tear lor....:(

My boy after becoming my weekend baby dun wan to latch oso. Every first nite of the weekend, is a torturing nite. Cos he dun recognise the hse and dun wan me to comfort latch oso. I say he is a 忘恩复意的家伙. Forget how I take care of him for my whole ML already. Sometimes I do get emotional will tear lor....:(

*pat pat*, you don't bring him home at night? I bring my bb home every night no matter how tired or late, cos I don't him to forget me or our home...

*pat pat*, you don't bring him home at night? I bring my bb home every night no matter how tired or late, cos I don't him to forget me or our home...
No lor. I dun have regular hours at work. Sometimes reach home already 9plus and that is before having dinner. And should be baby sleeping time liao. I have no energy and time to play or comfort him. Moreover, I feel it will be disruptive to baby routine. So no choice lor, have to leave him at my pil place until fri then bring home...

My LO is 4 mths plus, has colic n started on Friso comfort when LO is about 2 mth till now. Which milk powder shld I consider after he turned 6 mths? NAN pro or NAN ha or Dumex Mamil? I thought of NAN ha cos my hubby has eczema though bb at this moment does not hve it n dun knw of it runs in family.

do you latch or bottlefeed? i latch when i am bk from work and whenever i put her on cradle hold she cry..
bottle feed. now she is ok already. I think she was a bit cranky cos she didn't poo for 1 week. Feeling "full" I guess. Poo already, then back to normal

Any mummy who has had her period yet?

How is it like? Is it like how it used to be or ?

I have some bright red spotting again since last evening. Just came back from the washroom earlier, nothing on my liner but when I saw a few small red bits of endometrial tissue. I don't remember my periods being like this back then. Hmm. I wonder if it is really my period coming back or what. Hmm.

Need to ask : Polyclinic call centre advise even slight flu is better to postpone lo immunity jab...den lo will take 6 in 1 at 6 mth old also? Cos appt by right 29may next available appt will b 8jun for 4th mth jab...shall I bring to pte for lo jab? Shld we follow schedule closely? What abt rotavirus? Bring to polyclinic aft her jab?

Need to ask : Polyclinic call centre advise even slight flu is better to postpone lo immunity jab...den lo will take 6 in 1 at 6 mth old also? Cos appt by right 29may next available appt will b 8jun for 4th mth jab...shall I bring to pte for lo jab? Shld we follow schedule closely? What abt rotavirus? Bring to polyclinic aft her jab?
acty , it is ok to have slight diff. a bit before / after is quite ok. if u want to take LO to the pd, I'd suggest that u do the rota there also since u would have paid for the consultation. the cost of the vaccine doesn't vary much... so no pt to make another trip to the polyclinic + wait again

acty , it is ok to have slight diff. a bit before / after is quite ok. if u want to take LO to the pd, I'd suggest that u do the rota there also since u would have paid for the consultation. the cost of the vaccine doesn't vary much... so no pt to make another trip to the polyclinic + wait again
But my pd I saw forum got ppl said ex...u bring ur girl to poly? Any mummies got any suggestion? By 8jun 4mths plus consider late? Worry too far gap...

Even no wash hair I muz sweep my floor everyday ...

So sad..

I tie up my hair usually as weather so hot but the floor always has lots of hair... so sad.

N when I tie I can feel my ponytail getting smaller n smaller ...
I also bald liao
Everyday pickup hair haiz

My pump schedule even before I return to work is already quite slack le... I see you all still keeping it up which is great! I pump only 2x a day if not working, 3x a day if I am working (2x at work 1x at home).

Don't be too hard on yourself. If not enough rest supply will drop as well. Do you already have a stash at home? We are at least 4 months through, so another 2 mths before we hit the golden 6 month milestone! Jiayou!

I postpone my bb's 6th month 6-in-1 jab by 2 weeks, think should be okay....

No lor. I dun have regular hours at work. Sometimes reach home already 9plus and that is before having dinner. And should be baby sleeping time liao. I have no energy and time to play or comfort him. Moreover, I feel it will be disruptive to baby routine. So no choice lor, have to leave him at my pil place until fri then bring home...

I also bring my bb home every night, because bb is still ours. I don't want to tire my parents/in laws who have to take care of him in the day.... Nowadays I die die must leave work by 7pm latest. My work is already piling up, but no choice ah, my bb is only young once, I don't want to miss out on my time with him...

My pump schedule even before I return to work is already quite slack le... I see you all still keeping it up which is great! I pump only 2x a day if not working, 3x a day if I am working (2x at work 1x at home).

Don't be too hard on yourself. If not enough rest supply will drop as well. Do you already have a stash at home? We are at least 4 months through, so another 2 mths before we hit the golden 6 month milestone! Jiayou!

2 times a day only! Can I ask ah, each time the yield is how much ah?
Mummies share your yield? For references. :)
Mine if morning pump when breast is very full, abt 80-100ml each side. Normal times 60ml one side. Afternoons less milk is 40ml per side.

Mine if morning pump when breast is very full, abt 80-100ml each side. Normal times 60ml one side. Afternoons less milk is 40ml per side.
Now I pump 4times daily. Morning full breast can get 400+ml both breast. other pumps is 300ml..

But my lo rejects all my frozen bm. Even those I just kept recently also reject. He even seems to prefer formula to my freshly expressed breastmilk. Any tips to let him prefer ebm?

i pump 1x at home before work and 2 x at work and latch at night.. but agree its quite disruptive.. so i just pump for 15 mins.. some days i notice a fast letdown, some days i notice slower.. not sure if it got to do w rest.. @GetawayJunkie do you latch when u say u pump 2x when u not working?

2-3 times a day, but I DL whenever I am with him. Morning yield around 200+ml, afternoon yield 250-300+ml, evening yield around 100-200ml. :) Evening yield the least cuz I pump approx 30-60min after I DL him... Sometimes I v lazy to pump in the evening, got some evenings I fell asleep before I manage to pump.

Now I pump 4times daily. Morning full breast can get 400+ml both breast. other pumps is 300ml..

But my lo rejects all my frozen bm. Even those I just kept recently also reject. He even seems to prefer formula to my freshly expressed breastmilk. Any tips to let him prefer ebm?
Mix your frozen bm with some fresh ones?? But your yield seems very good, why did u introduce formula??

think u have to stop giving formula.. or what formula are you using?

I am on antibiotics and I thought he would do fine with frozen ones.... But he rejects and cry everytime we try giving him fbm... so for the past 3days he is on formula and seems to like it better then ebm... But will be back on feeding ebm this afternoon. Pray hard he doesn't reject it.

I am hoping to be able to breastfeed till at least 6months....

I am giving enfa..

same same. the amt of hair loss is scary.. anyone knows how long it will last? continue the way of dropping i will cry..

My #1 i didnt drop hair

My #2 i drop until 6mths... once i discover dropping of hair, i quickly eat back my vit...

My #3... i started dropping even before i gave birth ... boo hoo hoo

mine morg at 250-300ml depending on what time my gal last latch.. den every 5 hrs i get abt 250 - 260ml..

Any mummy who has had her period yet?

How is it like? Is it like how it used to be or ?

I have some bright red spotting again since last evening. Just came back from the washroom earlier, nothing on my liner but when I saw a few small red bits of endometrial tissue. I don't remember my periods being like this back then. Hmm. I wonder if it is really my period coming back or what. Hmm.
It could have been your IUD insert...

my colleague was spotting for months after putting a new IUD even though its not her first IUD. I think the IUD affects the cycle pretty much and of cos diff ppl has diff effect.

Back