(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi hippo78, can i have the contact no. for Aunty Su... I had just delivered a girl by c section on 23 Apr... might can ask her for massage... thkq

Hi, nope... Mucus plug is not always the first sign of labour. Some mummies can go into labour before the mucus plug comes out.

Thank you so much yveyve , until now i still think that need to wait for mucus plug then can start prepare for delivery haha.

anyone knows first time charge for spectra S1 pump need charge for how long?
Can I charge like new iphone - just charge for 8-10 hours for first charge since it says lithium battery?

It's week 37 now. Baby has been squirming alot and not kicking as much recently. Appetite has not been very good coz I caught some infection from hubby. gave me scratchy throat and makes me cough at night. Also very heaty, nose bleed and gums swollen. Trying to rest, drink coconut water and let it recover by itself....it's been a bad week for me. going to see gynae end of this week. hopefully he sheds some light on whether there is some progression to labour....can't wait to have this baby out and in my arms soon.

Im in wk37 too, getting progressively grumpy haha. But bb better dun come out this wk! Gynae is away and gynae's clinic is closed for some retreat, talk about excellent timing. So can only see him next wk. Hang in there! Haha when bb is out, you may wish to stuff him or her back inside sometimes :) Rest more now

Im in wk37 too, getting progressively grumpy haha. But bb better dun come out this wk! Gynae is away and gynae's clinic is closed for some retreat, talk about excellent timing. So can only see him next wk. Hang in there! Haha when bb is out, you may wish to stuff him or her back inside sometimes :) Rest more now

Ahaha I've heard that one before! My colleagues told me after bb is out I will wish to stuff bb back in!
Actually v contradicting. On one hand hope to go full term to ensure baby is well developed and healthy before coming out, on the other hand I really don't wanna be pregnant anymore, I want pop bb out now! Haha!

May I know why feed baby with spoon or cuplets? Is it worry that they won't want to latch after bottle feed?

Last night I've lower back ache and abdominal pain till my thigh also feel the ache and pressure. Comes every half hour but only last about 4hrs. Nothing happen since. Don't know what's that about. Thought it was early stage of labor. 36wks+3 today.

@Purplehunny mayb jus false labour.. Jus monitor next few days, and remember let ur gynae know. If in doubt call ur clinic n they will advice accordingly. After i experience false labour, 4 days later i went into labour.
Spoon, syringe, cuplet for newborns cos if they will used to the rubber/latext nipple of bottle den wont accept ur nipples. And also using the 3 methods can encourage them to reflex and push out their tongue in prepare for latching. I used bottle everyday, now end up hard to get him stick out his tongue :(

@Vinka, my mucus plus did not drop off, or it came out bit by bit without me knowing as i did not show blood either. When i went into labour also not blood, n water bag & membrane still v hard. Everyone experiences differently, but must note of the major signs...
Jiayou..

Yea i agree that when bb out, i wish baby go back in! I miss the kicks, hiccups (thou now everyday also hiccup) .. But after 1 week used to him being in my arms......

@momocrv , hows the LC visit? Manage to get back into latching mode?

@piggyhui87 , same my FS like not much power. I also considering if wanna get spectra since theres lots of great review. But im sooo used to handsfree, so may need invest in freemie if get spectra.

Ahaha I've heard that one before! My colleagues told me after bb is out I will wish to stuff bb back in!
Actually v contradicting. On one hand hope to go full term to ensure baby is well developed and healthy before coming out, on the other hand I really don't wanna be pregnant anymore, I want pop bb out now! Haha!

Heehee yah quite contradicting. But just a few more weeks to enjoy being e queen! Once bb comes out we'll be relegated to second place / maid / cow. Everyone fusses over bb n ignores e mother!

@furbee more like wanting to stuff bb inside cos bb wont stop fussing. I remembered e nite my CL left and we were left on our own n my gal refused to sleep. Ahhh good memories lol…

anyone knows first time charge for spectra S1 pump need charge for how long?
Can I charge like new iphone - just charge for 8-10 hours for first charge since it says lithium battery?

It's week 37 now. Baby has been squirming alot and not kicking as much recently. Appetite has not been very good coz I caught some infection from hubby. gave me scratchy throat and makes me cough at night. Also very heaty, nose bleed and gums swollen. Trying to rest, drink coconut water and let it recover by itself....it's been a bad week for me. going to see gynae end of this week. hopefully he sheds some light on whether there is some progression to labour....can't wait to have this baby out and in my arms soon.

I charged my new S1+ for 12hrs...though it wasnt written anywhere...

Currently 38weeks...I'm gonna admit tmr morning 6am at TMC! Placenta looking very "ugly"...have to induce tomorrow... :(

I had sis Kang pay me a house visit yesterday she help to unblock the ducts and engorgement but it was super painful. She also helped with latching of my bb but becos he's having jaundice now, he's not interested to feed. So we have to spoon feed him every 3 hours. I am also feeling quite emotional, any mummies feeling this?

My boy on sunday (5days old) jaundice was 10.1. Doc asked to admit him, but i opted not to. Tmr will go polyclinic do test again, if still high will rent the Bilirubim cot for him ( as i did for my #2)
Jaundice bb slps alot, mine can go up to 5hrs without milk. Very impatient that he bites me, so din manage to correctly latch him. Dont worry @momocrv , normally after 2.5-3wks the jaundice will drop.
Jiayou. If he dun latch jus express 1st (every 3hourly) , den like u mentioned, jus spoon feed him, den again try latch when he slightly awake. He sure slp once u latch again! Its normal...

Last edited:
@momocrv, you are not alone. I used to feel emotional during the 1st week of confinement. Now, 3 weeks later,I'm feeling positive! Looking forward to baby shower this Sunday! I guess it's a hormonal thing to feel emotional? Don't emo! Cheers! Think about other things like preparing for baby shower etc.

My boy on sunday (5days old) jaundice was 10.1. Doc asked to admit him, but i opted not to. Tmr will go polyclinic do test again, if still high will rent the Bilirubim cot for him ( as i did for my #2)
Jaundice bb slps alot, mine can go up to 5hrs without milk. Very impatient that he bites me, so din manage to correctly latch him. Dont worry @momocrv , normally after 2.5-3wks the jaundice will drop.
Jiayou. If he dun latch jus express 1st (every 3hourly) , den like u mentioned, jus spoon feed him, den again try latch when he slightly awake. He sure slp once u latch again! Its normal...
Hi Furbee, where to rent the bilirubin cot? And how's the rate? Charged by day? My bb also got Jaundice, after discharged from KK, nurse told me to bring her to Polyclinic do test again. I didnt know that Polyclinic got such a long Q, registration Q for 40mins, then wait for height/weight measurements Q for 20mins, then take blood sample Q for 1.5hours, wait for results Q for 40mins, then wait to see doctor 30mins, doctor examined bb for 2mins only said blood test result shows 179 and need to go back test again 2 days later. I am so terrified to go back Polyclinic for that long hours wait, very crowded no place to sit. :( me suffer with backache and bb also suffer. Many ppl sick or cough at Polyclinic I was so worried that my new born bb will catch flu virus while waiting.

If can rent the phototherapy cot back home, will be a big relief for me and bb.

Hi Furbee, where to rent the bilirubin cot? And how's the rate? Charged by day? My bb also got Jaundice, after discharged from KK, nurse told me to bring her to Polyclinic do test again. I didnt know that Polyclinic got such a long Q, registration Q for 40mins, then wait for height/weight measurements Q for 20mins, then take blood sample Q for 1.5hours, wait for results Q for 40mins, then wait to see doctor 30mins, doctor examined bb for 2mins only said blood test result shows 179 and need to go back test again 2 days later. I am so terrified to go back Polyclinic for that long hours wait, very crowded no place to sit. :( me suffer with backache and bb also suffer. Many ppl sick or cough at Polyclinic I was so worried that my new born bb will catch flu virus while waiting.

Oh dear, i thot there shld be an infant priority q at the polyclinic? Poor thing need to wait so long!

Oh dear, i thot there shld be an infant priority q at the polyclinic? Poor thing need to wait so long!
Those days when I had my children .. We were lucky enough to have MCH. It's a well clinic .. Strictly for well mothers and their Bbs to do chk-ups and vaccinations .
These days .. They put everyone together . I never liked this idea too.. But there no choice .

@MTB-2015, I also brought my baby to polyclinic to check for jaundice. When I first called them to try to book an appt, they said newborns less than 2 weeks old no need to queue for too long. We took less than an hour on our first visit. 2nd visit my baby was more than 2 weeks old so made an appt. Also took less than an hour for blood test and see doctor.

I think depends on which polyclinic u bring bb to also. I used to bring wdls poly wait was quite long, now bring to tpy poly queue is shorter.. -.- tmr my turn to go... Sigh. Hope the level drops.

@Vinka supposed to bring down the jaundice, sunlight or florescent light. But for my case no sun, only rain or dark skies .... 1.5weeks old only sun him 3x! Can imagine how much blockage of the sun i missed cos of the lousy design..

Furbee, really appreciate your advise and encouragement, thanks!

@momocrv, you are not alone. I used to feel emotional during the 1st week of confinement. Now, 3 weeks later,I'm feeling positive! Looking forward to baby shower this Sunday! I guess it's a hormonal thing to feel emotional? Don't emo! Cheers! Think about other things like preparing for baby shower etc.
Thanks yew_yew!! I will start to plan for baby full moon soon that should keep me occupied :)

Hey mummies..been hectic week. just discharged yesterday with Bb. But blood test show his thyroid function test exceed index.. need to go back in 2 weeks time for another bloodtest. Sigh.. feel so sad... cos of my thyroid history and he got it from me. Hopefully the index will be normal in another 2 weeks time.
By the way.. can I check where can I get the binder for post delivery? My womb hurts whenever I walk. as if its gonna drop off. Think need to get one...
Here goes my Bb pic. heee

Attachments

• 1430912348656.jpg
    1430912348656.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 178
Hi mummies ,

I heard that for jaundice baby we can try to put baby under sun in the morning for everyday?
PLEASE !!!
DO NOT put ur jaundice bb directly under the sun light . This is not like when you go Tanning .
In the morning ( best 7-9am before it gets hot ) undress ur bb as much as u can and stand next to a bright window.
You can place bb's cot or mat next to open window.. Pls make sure , should sun rays comes into the room , that it is not shinning directly on ur bb . Also Remember to put on their eye mask , too .
jandicr sleeps a lot .. You MUST WAKE BB every 2-3 hrs to nurse . ( undress them or use small wet towels to wipe their faces / arms/ legs ) The more they drink the faster the yellow will fade . Don't let the sleep on and get dehydrated .. That's very dangerous for DAYS OLD BBS . Take care all .

Hey mummies..been hectic week. just discharged yesterday with Bb. But blood test show his thyroid function test exceed index.. need to go back in 2 weeks time for another bloodtest. Sigh.. feel so sad... cos of my thyroid history and he got it from me. Hopefully the index will be normal in another 2 weeks time.
By the way.. can I check where can I get the binder for post delivery? My womb hurts whenever I walk. as if its gonna drop off. Think need to get one...

That's one smiley baby!!
Congrats!

congrats .. So smiley and happy .
Wish u speedy recovery .

To add on @LovesNewBorns point wen sunning, evening time 5-6pm.
Do not apply any body lotion prior to sunning bb aso...

@jjmom , he's soooo chubby!! His smile so bright!! Binder u can buy from ur massage lady..if not u can buy corset to wear for the time being till u start massage... Hope his thyroid lvl will go back normal n is jus a one off thing... Take care!

Congrats! He's so smiley!
I bought a binder from Watson. You can try looking for it there. It really helps me after my csect as I have a weak back. Wearing it gives me support for my back as well as tightening the womb.

Belly bandit is what I bought.
I have two one for during pregnancy a support belt and the other for after I pop to wear. Can buy from pupsik online

@ MTB-2015, if baby under 2 weeks, should be in priority queue. You should make it known to the person at the ticket booth and will give u priority number. if not.. make it known to the registration. yesterday I brought mine to polyclinic, everything done within an hour (blood test, nurse examination, doc see us on blood test report) reach polyclinic abt 2.30pm, reached home 4pm. We took cab to and fro.

@ MTB-2015, if baby under 2 weeks, should be in priority queue. You should make it known to the person at the ticket booth and will give u priority number. if not.. make it known to the registration. yesterday I brought mine to polyclinic, everything done within an hour (blood test, nurse examination, doc see us on blood test report) reach polyclinic abt 2.30pm, reached home 4pm. We took cab to and fro.
I guess it's due to Monday peak hour ba. My bb discharged on Sunday. Nurse told me must go to Polyclinic on Monday, so even though the Q number is Priority, still got 8 bb and some very old and sick aunties in front of us. They were all Priority Q. I was at SengKang Polyclinic. Maybe SK/Punggol area got more new born babies ba.

I guess it's due to Monday peak hour ba. My bb discharged on Sunday. Nurse told me must go to Polyclinic on Monday, so even though the Q number is Priority, still got 8 bb and some very old and sick aunties in front of us. They were all Priority Q. I was at SengKang Polyclinic. Maybe SK/Punggol area got more new born babies ba.
Days to avoid Polyclinics are Mondays / saturdays/ eve of ph / the day after ph . They are the worst days to go Polyclinic . From taking Q#; registering; seeing Dr; getting Meds . .. Long Qs every stage of process.
If can, try call a day ahead to make appt ... But still avoid those days above .. Especially early mornings .. Lots of uncle / aunties there to test blood / urine etc .
Good luck

Just went check up. Baby 2.9kg,CTG shows mild contractions. Gynae did a swap test and was shock that he can feel baby's head. He say very low. Suppose to start weekly appointment but he wants to see me again this Saturday at 37wks. He will only check for dilation then. =)

Hi mummies.. my 1 week old baby just did a blood test today and jaundice reading at 222 (or level 13). PD said I have to bring baby back tmrw again for another blood test. Just thinking what I shld do today to help baby bring down the jaundice reading? Give formula milk from now on for 1 day? She has been on tbf since birth..
Will this help?? Cos the family is kinda saying it's my bm that causes the level to be high. . :(

Hi mummies.. my 1 week old baby just did a blood test today and jaundice reading at 222 (or level 13). PD said I have to bring baby back tmrw again for another blood test. Just thinking what I shld do today to help baby bring down the jaundice reading? Give formula milk from now on for 1 day? She has been on tbf since birth..
Will this help?? Cos the family is kinda saying it's my bm that causes the level to be high. . :(
NOT TRUE !!! Ur milk does NoT cause jaundice . If u are bf ur bb well .. Carry ON ... Good on you .!!
No need to change to formula . Mom's milk is the best ... Just try nursing more . You urself must eat / drink and rest more , in order to produce more milk for ur darling bb . If bb is doing 6-8 wet nappies .. That means bbs are having enough from you alone .
Bb have jaundice is also due to immature liver functions .. Give more moms milk ,wake bb every 3 hrs to nurse .. it is easier for bb to digest . Do worry too much .. You just make sure u feed urself and feed ur bb and rest well . Sleep when bb sleeps .. Drink enough also . .. All will be well soon enough . Take care .
Below is Something I posted earlier ..
also evenings 4-6pm is a good time to expose ur bb to the light . Hope it helps ..,
PLEASE !!!
DO NOT put ur jaundice bb directly under the sun light . This is not like when you go Tanning .
In the morning ( best 7-9am before it gets hot ) undress ur bb as much as u can and stand next to a bright window.
You can place bb's cot or mat next to open window.. Pls make sure , should sun rays comes into the room , that it is not shinning directly on ur bb . Also Remember to put on their eye mask , too .
jandicr sleeps a lot .. You MUST WAKE BB every 2-3 hrs to nurse . ( undress them or use small wet towels to wipe their faces / arms/ legs ) The more they drink the faster the yellow will fade . Don't let the sleep on and get dehydrated .. That's very dangerous for DAYS OLD BBS . Take care all .

Last edited:

My baby is 6 weeks now, she has the same issue, first week she got jaundice reading at 19 and stayed in hospital for 2 days. After that, I have to feed her half bm half formula milk and sunbath every morning&afternoon, but jaundice is fading very slow even so, now her face still a little bit yellow, as well as the eyes. Dr said if the eyes still yellow at 9 wks then will test the liver. Poor baby... :(

@Evawang81 , my bb has yellow sticky discharge on his eyes, i asked dr if its caused jaundice n he mentioned might be...
6weeks old n still yellow means they will need do liver test soon.. Hope everything goes fine for u n baby..

@Vinka all the best n smooth delivery!

@sweetness , i agree with @LovesNewBorns ... Jus continue bf n giving bm!! Dr aso recommend me to continue dun stop. True tat bf-ing baby more prone to jaundice, but is normal too.. Dun worry!! Jus continue to sun bath, n go back test for the lvl as when wen required...

Back