IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Your IUI is considered a natural one without any hormone jab like mine. My IUI is done on cd18 too. Our egg growth will definitely be slower than ladies who are using hormone jabs to simulate egg growth for IUI.

No woman is born with 100% good eggs. http://www.advancedfertility.com/age-eggs-chromosomes.htm All women are born with a mix of good and bad eggs at birth. It's by random which eggs get activated at each cycle. That's why iui and ivf are games of chances in a way.

The studies I mentioned is for ivf. The simulations of egg growth by hormones in iui and ivf are similar. But the eggs are extracted out and fertilized manually for ivf in a lab.

Besides egg quality, iui success also depends on sperm's morphology and motility? How were your hubby's sa?

I had to venture into ivf after my iui as my hubby has poor motility and morphology. I didn't even know whether his army managed to swim near my egg after iui :p before my egg said byebye in 24h.

My belief is if we persevere long enough, we will activate some good eggs for fertilization. :)
Tks for sharing the link to the article..my hubby SA results are good..he has no issue..
Failed 2 iui already, giving myself a break n might straight proceed to ivf..
We all just have to hang in there & hope at the end of it we can hold a baby in our arms..

Tks for sharing the link to the article..my hubby SA results are good..he has no issue..
We all just have to hang in there & hope at the end of it we can hold a baby in our arms..

It's good to take a short break to recharge yourself and improve your health before going into ivf :)

Last edited:
Yeah.. For me I'm rushing through this IUI, cos not confident it'll succeed.. Hopefully prof will say ok to ivf after this

My husband's SA also very good.. And my side seems pretty ok also w med/injections.. But just no lucky strikes yet after so many times :(

Yeah.. For me I'm rushing through this IUI, cos not confident it'll succeed.. Hopefully prof will say ok to ivf after this

My husband's SA also very good.. And my side seems pretty ok also w med/injections.. But just no lucky strikes yet after so many times :(
Understand your frustration esp when cannot pin point the reason why each time AF comes..just have to keep trying!

Dear Ladies,

I am returning 300 eggs to Zhu sheng niang niang at toa payoh shuang Lin temple after 1pm today.

Interested ladies, please feel free to go pray and collect some eggs and may all be blessed with babies soon.

Hi! Thank you for your kind gestures. Am on my way... is it the temple near the highway?

My follicles grew pretty fast in the past 2 days.. CD14 today, 16.5 and 18.5, lining 9.

Jab later, IUI on mon :)

It's my turn to wish you all the best!! How many cycles of IUI have you done? Will most probably be having my second IUI some time this coming week too!

Oh and has anyone heard of eating pineapple core to aid in implantation?

It's my turn to wish you all the best!! How many cycles of IUI have you done? Will most probably be having my second IUI some time this coming week too!

Ya...heard abt the pineapple core. But not trying cos dislike pineapple. Just cut down on caffeine... plus no raw food. Alternate days drinking longan/red date/wolfberry tea. Cut down on cold drinks and cold food. Er making red bean soup tmr.
Btw... am given prostagen vaginally gel. To start on 2dpiui for 12 days. Just to share! Cheers

This is my 8th cycle on clomid/injections, 3rd cycle of IUI.

Had your scans yet? All the best!! :)

I've heard abt pineapple core but I generally steer clear fr the fruit completely

Ya...heard abt the pineapple core. But not trying cos dislike pineapple. Just cut down on caffeine... plus no raw food. Alternate days drinking longan/red date/wolfberry tea. Cut down on cold drinks and cold food. Er making red bean soup tmr.
Btw... am given prostagen vaginally gel. To start on 2dpiui for 12 days. Just to share! Cheers
Heh again I'm not given any prescription. Do u know what ur lining was on ur last scan?

I've been drinking longan + red date + wolf berries + ginger.. 1 or 2 cups everyday.. Threw in black dates yest also (dunno what it's for but my mum told me to add lol).. But I know constitution of my body is 寒.. So can drink this much everyday

Plus heat pack on tummy every night.

I'm contemplating red bean because my periods are usually very heavy.. I assume that correlates directly to lining.. So don't need to have red bean since lining ok?

If this cycle fails again I'll start going Tcm again. Used to go many years ago, but like a bit no choice must resume Liao.

Heh again I'm not given any prescription. Do u know what ur lining was on ur last scan?

I've been drinking longan + red date + wolf berries + ginger.. 1 or 2 cups everyday.. Threw in black dates yest also (dunno what it's for but my mum told me to add lol).. But I know constitution of my body is 寒.. So can drink this much everyday

Plus heat pack on tummy every night.

I'm contemplating red bean because my periods are usually very heavy.. I assume that correlates directly to lining.. So don't need to have red bean since lining ok?

If this cycle fails again I'll start going Tcm again. Used to go many years ago, but like a bit no choice must resume Liao.

Hi my lining on CD 11/12 was 11mm... er I dunno how's this figure.
What about yours?

This is my 8th cycle on clomid/injections, 3rd cycle of IUI.

Had your scans yet? All the best!! :)

I've heard abt pineapple core but I generally steer clear fr the fruit completely

My scan is tomorrow! haha...planning to ask my doctor about the pineapple core myth when I see her tomorrow. will update on what she has to say about it :p

IUI this morning. If this cycle fails again, will move onto ivf.

Doc said he's optimistic, as usual hahaha

Be optimistic! You definitely stand a high chance!! All the best, hope for good news in 2 weeks!

I joined the IUI support group on facebook and everyone there seems to heavily promote pineapple core upon completion of IUI and pomegranate juice and brazil nuts throughout the lead up to IUI and the 2ww after!

Of course, kiasu me just had to stock up on pomegranate juice and brazil nuts. haha

Hi all.. not sure if there is anyone whom has bfp and still say in this thread. Can I check, generally for those who bfp, on how many tries did you gals get positive ? I have failed two iui consecutively. So I am wondering should I proceed for 3rd tries. Kinda of wonder if it really works for me. Yes and not to forget I am 34 this year.

[QUOT302, post: 7943195, member: 176619"]Hi all.. not sure if there is anyone whom has bfp and still say in this thread. Can I check, generally for those who bfp, on how many tries did you gals get positive ? I have failed two iui consecutively. So I am wondering should I proceed for 3rd tries. Kinda of wonder if it really works for me. Yes and not to forget I am 34 this year.[/QUOTE]

Kkh suggested 3attempts but is really up to individual. Im going for another 2 tries cos I can only go onto ivf this aug ... cos as not to waste the cycles im attempting a 3rd and 4th try at iui prior to moving onto ivf

I joined the IUI support group on facebook and everyone there seems to heavily promote pineapple core upon completion of IUI and pomegranate juice and brazil nuts throughout the lead up to IUI and the 2ww after!

Of course, kiasu me just had to stock up on pomegranate juice and brazil nuts. haha
I tried longan red dates on first Iui ..steered clear of spicy food and cooling food and was on chicken essence but didnt strike. 2nd iui I only steered clear of cooling food and avoided tea .. coffee every alternate day and had a chemical pregnancy ..

Have faith, just pray. You do your best, God will do the rest.
6dpiui... feeling extremely normal except constipation for 3/4 days. Yakult and papaya to the rescue. Just temperamental which maybe that's just me. Leading life normally...
Stay positive! Whatever will be, will be. Don't feel guilty just because u ran or drank a sip of cold water.
Cheers. ;)

Newly joined here. Am in my 2nd attempt in iui. Just done my 2nd attempt. My HB has low sperm coun poor quality. He has done 4 to 5 test , sperm count can go up and go down . Feeling sad when saw the low count result .I don't have hope anymore. Feeling so sad and dont know what should I do next. Doc say still got chance ,she said just new a few to get they.

Don't feel sad nor worried...
there's always IVF to fall back on. If you really feel like giving up, your brain cannot send the signal to fertiliser your eggs too. So do stay positive. It's a difficult journey...
I'm married for more than 10 yrs... only decided to go for iui now! So u imagine our age... but we just pray and stay hopeful. Don't stress! Take care of your body...

Thank you. I am not young too.Even though i feel positive as his sperm count are really good last round and it did not happen too. With this round of result, i think it is even tougher to fertilise. what to do , thats my life. Cant stop from feeling down , anyway tomorrow go back to work. Did ask doc to prescribe me some pills stop my anxiety. At least i can sleep better at night. Just cant stop crying.
Try find things to do which can take ur mind off?

I've failed 7 assisted cycles already.. Now on my 8th. My case is hb's SA is extremely good, problem is mine. So I feel quite guilty actually. So cry already, move on lor.

I will try to occupy myself and do things that make me happy to get over it.

Got to keep telling yourself to keep trying, and that all these are to make us stronger, and that we'll be better parents next time because we treasure the children more :)

@hengcai that's what many of us are here for I guess.. Can seek some solace

I personally prefer hospital protocols, after seeing a private one previously. But there are some good private ones around also. But not sure if the hospital will ask you to do a few rounds of IUI like for me. That's why I ended up with so many cycles. I've finally been given the green light for ivf if #8 fails.

Might be good to seek another opinion because you sound like you don't trust the clinic anymore.

I tried longan red dates on first Iui ..steered clear of spicy food and cooling food and was on chicken essence but didnt strike. 2nd iui I only steered clear of cooling food and avoided tea .. coffee every alternate day and had a chemical pregnancy ..
for me, i never try anything.. just as per my normal days :p
but i think my first iui failed coz pimples pop up on my face and normally is a sign that AF is coming
time to book appt with TMC~~

for me, i never try anything.. just as per my normal days :p
but i think my first iui failed coz pimples pop up on my face and normally is a sign that AF is coming
time to book appt with TMC~~
Never know till the dreaded auntie comes!

7dpiui...
Backache. Dunno if I had shopped/walk/drive too much.
Appetite is good. Maybe cos I quitted smoking.
Woke up last 2 middle of the nights to pee...must have drank too much before bedtime.
Feeling normal... no major cramps, no soreness of breasts..., no dizziness, no nauseous...
Hmm.... 7 more days.
Stay calm. Stay positive.
Continue eating well and sleeping well!

If I not remember wrongly, my gynae only monitor 3-4 follicles in each side. Don't worry and stress urself, make sure u rested well. Let the doctor help u. I conceived from my 1st SO-IUI. All the best to u.

Thanks ;) but I'm not as lucky as u r. Failed my 1st iui. Now waiting for AF to come for my 2nd iui. Meanwhile seeing tcm now. Hope it help.. Feeling more relax with tcm. Hopefully good news will come soon...

Jiayou to all ladies who r on ur 2ww or in the mid of ur iui cycle!! Our turn to have bfp will come!!

If I not remember wrongly, my gynae only monitor 3-4 follicles in each side. Don't worry and stress urself, make sure u rested well. Let the doctor help u. I conceived from my 1st SO-IUI. All the best to u.

Hi! Wow... how lucky!
May I ask which gynae did you see for your 1st SOIUI... care to share more info like what was being prescribed and the process etc...
Hee. Just wanna compare with what I've done. TIA!
*1st SOIUI, 7dpiui

Just did my 2nd IUI yesterday!

Asked my doctor about the pineapple core and she laughed and prescribed me baby aspirin. haha. hope it works like a charm for success this cycle! X

Sorry to hear that :( My Doctor has a strict no caffeine policy after IUI! I cannot give up spicy food, I love chilli too much!

Just did my 2nd IUI yesterday!

Asked my doctor about the pineapple core and she laughed and prescribed me baby aspirin. haha. hope it works like a charm for success this cycle! X

Sorry to hear that :( My Doctor has a strict no caffeine policy after IUI! I cannot give up spicy food, I love chilli too much!

Hi belpzz, may I know where did you do your iui? I didn't know doctor will prescribe baby aspirin

Hi belpzz, may I know where did you do your iui? I didn't know doctor will prescribe baby aspirin

At raffles hospital! Baby aspirin is standard protocol for ivf so I don't see why your doctor won't prescribe you baby aspirin for iui. It can only be beneficial I am sure. Lots of info online. Do look it up! :)

At raffles hospital! Baby aspirin is standard protocol for ivf so I don't see why your doctor won't prescribe you baby aspirin for iui. It can only be beneficial I am sure. Lots of info online. Do look it up! :)

There's no hard and fast rules on prescription.
Every iui or ivf is treated similarly yet differently.
It's like having a cough, some doctors prescribe cough syrup, some give cough tablets, and different brands.
It's like some SOIUI treatments, we were given clomid, some were given femara.
There's no standard protocol in medication... what works for your body might not work for others. ;)
I choose to give my two cents worth in writing this, to comfort and assure others going through ivf that although they might not have been prescribed baby aspirin, they might have been given something equally beneficial or more effective for them.
Let's not raise alarm or uncertainty or worry in anyway!
Let's all BFP together!
Cheers. ;)

There's no hard and fast rules on prescription.
Every iui or ivf is treated similarly yet differently.
It's like having a cough, some doctors prescribe cough syrup, some give cough tablets, and different brands.
It's like some SOIUI treatments, we were given clomid, some were given femara.
There's no standard protocol in medication... what works for your body might not work for others. ;)
I choose to give my two cents worth in writing this, to comfort and assure others going through ivf that although they might not have been prescribed baby aspirin, they might have been given something equally beneficial or more effective for them.
Let's not raise alarm or uncertainty or worry in anyway!
Let's all BFP together!
Cheers. ;)

sorry, I meant it's standard protocol for ivf at raffles, but not iui. not too sure about other clinics and hospitals. not trying to raise alarm, uncertainty or worry in any way. Am sure most people were successful at IUI without taking baby aspirin or pineapple core. But if there's just a slight chance of increasing my chances of being successful at IUI, I'm going to grab at it and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thinks this way. I figured it won't hurt to raise awareness about the existence of baby aspirin and encouraging people to ask their doctors about it. Why pass on the chance to boost chances of being successful at IUI when all it takes is a simple question at the doctor? I wish I knew about baby aspirin during my first cycle of IUI. Whether baby aspirin is going to be beneficial on top of whatever other medication our doctors have prescribed to us, all it takes is a simple question posed to our doctors. Surely that can do no harm for anyone who's trying to boost chances of getting a BFP from IUI?

On a side note, I heard drinking lots of water and consuming lots of protein is important after IUI too. Baby dust to all! :)

Back