What do you achieve at age 40?

sunbelle

I m feeling super sian. Being suddenly transferred to a new dept n having to step down ad team leader is okie. but to think that being allocated half the size of the work station the feeling is unbearable. Hrd is my big boss whom nominated me to go over fight fire. But not sure the new director really wan me to go over. Entirely new area of work. I m not afraid of hard work since I have track record. jus that been thinking what do I really achieved at the age nearing 40. I have won lots of awards in provision of good customer service. That new dept got lots of resignation n that why I m suddenly transferred there. Low morale cos have to report to a lower newly appointed leader. Hmmhmm ...what do you all think?

The greatest achievement is having my kid n ️️happie family.

Hi Sunbelle,

Think positive, Hr had nominated you to the new dept reasons is you are capable. Who knows the newly appointed leader is leaving soon importance is the pay roll not the title.

Hi, just to share with u :)
Im in my late 20s, so havent reach the stage to ponder what i be like in even 3-5yrs down the road.. Just monthly receive my paycheck and work hard enjoy my work life family.
But... For my mum whose now 47yrs, she been working till the age of 40yr before she set her mind on purely taking care of her grandkids, cooking doing hsehold chores without any helper... She finds her joy in her 6 grandkids, thou i see it fustrating that she dont have her personal time n space, no 'roof' for her as she sold her previous hdb, therefore with the levy and such she is trying to apply a 2room hdb, but without any salary n cpf she still aims to have her OWN home..
I feel that as long u know what u want in ur life, ur visions n determination is all it takes. Dont let minor tots of who ur boss is control ur emotion / morale, just do what u do best and soon u will prove that u can survive in any dept they put u in. Its all about ppl-ppl in society, everyone is looking out for one another, learn from the best and out to ur advantage. I believe u as a team leader, be it past or present, its the inner you that shines.

All the best! Just continue working hard for urself, ur family, ur passion in ur work... :) cheers

Mr Nelson,
Thank you very encouragement. Trying hard to think positive. Been thru few rounds of transfers but apparently this new director dun seem to be too welcoming. yeah dunno see how to work with her.

Hi Furbee,

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I also believe talented people shine whenever they go anywhere. Yo, is jus a matter of whether do bosses gave them chances or not.

Don't be discourage. As least u still have a job n not losing yr job to FT.

I will be 40 next yr, been a housewife for the past 9 yrs. I should be the one who's thinking what have I achieve...

Jiayou!

Can't help feeling sad to think that all my friends have successful careers and also happy family coz all of them are working moms.

Can't help feeling sad to think that all my friends have successful careers and also happy family coz all of them are working moms.
There is no right or wrong. It's all about priorities. What made you decide to stop working and become a SAHM?

The grass is always greener on the other side. SAHM vs FTWM. When I was pregnant with #1, gynae said it's not stable so hb don't allow me to work so ever since then I became a SAHM. It's scary to think of going back to workforce when my kids r older coz really don't know what I can do.

The grass is always greener on the other side. SAHM vs FTWM. When I was pregnant with #1, gynae said it's not stable so hb don't allow me to work so ever since then I became a SAHM. It's scary to think of going back to workforce when my kids r older coz really don't know what I can do.

Gal, you are not alone. Maybe you can do part time job first to slowly adjust to the working society if you like...

Many times when we have career and high income, we don't have time or worse bad health
When we have time, we find we don't have income.
Health, wealth and time is it possible to achieve all?

achievement has alot of forms, not necessary is career and income level.
having a happy family is also an achievement, not everyone has a happy family...

i'm arnd mid 30s..as compare to my peers, my career & income level is arnd average..
my ultimate goal is financial freedom and retire at 45yrs old...
i find no meaning & joy in working. something i have to do because i don't have passive income..
now have my own house, and once my bf bought his hse, i will rent out mine for passive income...
when time is good, i will sell it away and buy condo for rental..

one of my endowment plan also going to end, so now looking arnd for retirement policy to buy too...
aiming 55yrs old can finish paying policy and start to withdraw $$ for retirement...

I have a happy family but and find no meaning and joy in working like you pixie but have to work currently cos expenses is high with multiple kids. I am also aiming for financial freedom and am working towards it. Hope we all achieve it!

The key is to spend less (reduce cost as far as possible), increase savings and investments, esp passive income, or generate multiple source of income.

It is no longer academic results or higher degrees, but applied learning that will give you more income or better career, in fact, higher qualification = less time (longer working hours).
Rather, it is about networking, leveraging, learning and applying key knowledge and action that can give more income, different forms of income, and making money work for us (and not the other way round).

i just hope that i can really achieve my goal, so i can quit my job and stay at home painting...
sell my painting for some petty cash :p

Don't have to wait. Can start selling now. Got any samples to show?

painted one for my dad last year...
this year painting one for my partner coz he dreamt that i paint for my friend but didnt paint for him -_-
both also cannot sell..haha...

my currently speed is 1 painting 1 yr at the moment... :p

painted one for my dad last year...
this year painting one for my partner coz he dreamt that i paint for my friend but didnt paint for him -_-
both also cannot sell..haha...

my currently speed is 1 painting 1 yr at the moment... :p

Got sample to show your work?? It's been a very long while since I last painted.. hahaha.. :p

I'm going to mid 30s soon n I didn't achieve anything too. Recently being asked to leave the company due to my family commitment. You are much better than me. To me my child is my priority, if I don't prioritize him then I shouldn't bring him to this world. Stay positive ya!!

I didn't achieve anything, now career is in a stagnant as got family commitment. Don't know what should do.. Try to do wellness sharing products but seem quite slow or maybe lack of luck - envy other peoples got alot of sales. Try to find a group of partner as a team to move, still not easy to find.. trying to find other alternatives way - internet marketing, etc... all say will make $$, don't know real anot if we invest $$. My job position not sure if it is still required due to company reorg...

so many uncertainty.. i really don't dare to think too much.... we, mummy have to encourage each other. Stay Positive & Jia You!

learn and apply whatever new skills, or enhance your existing skills and create another source of income be it internet marketing, wellness sharing or whatever.

Persistence is one key factor, the other is to have a plan, review it to see if you are on the right track, if not, make the necessary adjustments, and you will see the success at the end of the pursue.

Do not wait till something to happen before reacting to it, as reactive action do not give us a clear and sound base to work on the right moves.

Do Stay Positive & Take massive action, and may abundance be with you.

learn and apply whatever new skills, or enhance your existing skills and create another source of income be it internet marketing, wellness sharing or whatever.

Persistence is one key factor, the other is to have a plan, review it to see if you are on the right track, if not, make the necessary adjustments, and you will see the success at the end of the pursue.

Do not wait till something to happen before reacting to it, as reactive action do not give us a clear and sound base to work on the right moves.

Do Stay Positive & Take massive action, and may abundance be with you.

Don't be discourage. As least u still have a job n not losing yr job to FT.

I will be 40 next yr, been a housewife for the past 9 yrs. I should be the one who's thinking what have I achieve...

Jiayou!

I totally admire housewives. Coz the amt of work at hm is just overbearing n if I hv to equate it to work life, it means I've to "OT" every single day... U did it for 9 yrs! Amazing!

Having said that, I still think housewives must have means of "savings". Regardless of how... E.g telling hubby groceries cost $200 due to inflation but actually $100 etc... Or part time work etc. Hahaha! Must always have contingency plans..

Have you ever thought of rejecting the transfer when appointed by your boss? I suggest that if you and your family are financially doing well, maybe you can consider continue working there as a part timer and this actually allows you more time to spend with your kid. While doing so, you might want to try finding for another job that you are willing to work full-time for or allow working from home.

Just to update all - I m coping well in the new portfolio n the boss recognise it. Jus that my big boss is very nice n talk to me to say he putting me in a better competitive field for me. In addition, he wans me to value add to the team by reducing work. sum how do feel the pressure to pick up the technical knowledge fast

Just to update all - I m coping well in the new portfolio n the boss recognise it. Jus that my big boss is very nice n talk to me to say he putting me in a better competitive field for me. In addition, he wans me to value add to the team by reducing work. sum how do feel the pressure to pick up the technical knowledge fast

Great to hear that you're doing well. Everyone has different learning ability be is fast or slow so dun worry so much. Just do whatever you can and take your time to pick up new knowledge.

It's great that your bosses are taking time to talk To you. Which means they value you! Bosses only invest time in employees who they see value in. Size of desk, office all these don't matter. Being too hung up on these only impede your performance and have your focus split to other unimportant things. Keep at it! Jia You!!!

Hi Sunbelle

I am currently building my wealth passively to achieve financial freedom and able to spend more time with my daughter.

If you are keen to find out more, do send me an email @ [email protected]

Hi ladies,
40 is indeed a big number for us ^^... For me...I'm a mother of 2 who is having full time job as well as having home business.
I have achieved a certain level of things in life that I wanted to achieve such as being able to have family and house on our own but I also still have sooo many dreams I want to achieve. Life is not stagnant and we have to be positive to keep moving...

Btw... are you dreaming to work from home to look after children while earning money to supplement family income, pay off loans/ credit card bills, travel around the world, sending your children to the best university and so on. If any of those are your dreams then I may have potential solution for you to achieve something in your life. :)

Here is a great business opportunity for home which I have and allow to help you to build your financial future and will be able to help you to achieve those dreams.

It's a simple business with excellent products and great opportunity. You can be your own boss, work with people you like, decide your own income and to work at your own time.

It is definitely great opportunity which you would not want to miss.

Please let me know if any of you would like to know more. I will be gladly to share more detailed information, or we can also get connected and meet up together :)

Here is my contact for those who want to contact me privately 97876295, [email protected]

Cheers

Hi all

Just happened to come across this thread. I am 35 yrs old this year, and a mother of 2 kids, but with no achievements in career so far.
Peers around my age are doing well in their careers.
I am experiencing mid life career blues at times. On the hand, I am thankful that I have a job to support the family.

Hi tff80,

Let's count our blessings in having kids.

yeah cos we are blessed to have them n we have all what we need. Be happy.

Back