IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Meganl,
This will be ur last cycle coz u r gg to graduate once again!! Good luck & I wish tt ur motherly wish to have a sibling for #1 comes true this round..

Shiro_ger,
Wow!! Well done for voicing out.. I tink I met the gentle, sweet & quite pretty doc during my last fresh.. & ur numbers r reali v good.. I had uneven growth back then, ranging fr 16.5 to 6 @ 450 pergoveris right fr the start.. Hmm.. I shld hv challenged them back then.. Coz juz like u, my actual usable embryos r only 50% of extracted ones..

Anyway, can't turn back time.. & only hope for the best in next FET cycle..

It was a very tough decision to make coz the young doc proposed the standard option. But i chose to explore a bold option where i sacrifice my bigger follicles and choosing to believe that the smaller ones will catch up within 2 days. I may even end up with nothing to transfer if the smaller ones did not meet the min. size of 17 for use. I am trying not to think about it now and hoping GOD has a plan for me.

me too having cramps on n off. the nurse did scan during ET n said my ovaries are abit swollen. I had difficulties sleeping at night. When u turn sideways I can feel the pain. I wonder y I am not very responsive to pergoveris n only yield 2 embryo. still cannot accept the fact. haha

hope you have a great day at work today! relax... n dun stress yourself.

how come u need to go for progesterone test? u go for the test at dr low clinic?

ya, if I really cannot conceive again, I will think it's already a blessing n move on with life.
Meganl tho I felt pain they didn't say my ovaries or womb swollen. But suddenly Monday morning the pain went off. Same like u felt so much pain when sleep sides man. I believe that pergoveris alone is not good protocol. Both dr Loh and my my gynae dr thong at raffles told me tat. Tats why I had puregon support. Believe u mite have yield more with a bit more FSH support. Anyway believe I your embbies now. Don't look back.

Work normal stress la. Desk bound so just sit but go loo many times. I kan cheong spider. Go myself to kk for bt. For my cycle I did bt at every scan at kk. They put as patient request.

I am also not sure whether stop here or still try...don't wanna think anything now la. Just take it easy and concentrate on this cycle which will be our bfp cycle. U on hl rite. Y u still take unpaid ar. I just got home after work. Saw a bit brown stains. Light brown. Can't be implant so early my only worry is my womb. I have adenomyosis and pray womb will support pregnancy and not give way for 40 weeks. It's challenging everyday la.

Last edited:
Bunnymuimui no matter wat and how much we console ourselves bfn is v difficult to accept...many sisters have been thru this...no words of console is enough. Only time can heal the failure and when we embark on new cycle the energy returns. U still have embryos. So take yr time to heal tian body and come back strong.

Last edited:
It was a very tough decision to make coz the young doc proposed the standard option. But i chose to explore a bold option where i sacrifice my bigger follicles and choosing to believe that the smaller ones will catch up within 2 days. I may even end up with nothing to transfer if the smaller ones did not meet the min. size of 17 for use. I am trying not to think about it now and hoping GOD has a plan for me.
Shiro ger I did exactly what you did today last year. At least u r glad you spoke yr mind and feel happy with the decision. All the best to you. Eat more proteins for egg is to grow well.

Meganl tho I felt pain they didn't say my ovaries or womb swollen. But suddenly Monday morning the pain went off. Same like u felt so much pain when sleep sides man. I believe that pergoveris alone is not good protocol. Both dr Loh and my my gynae dr thong at raffles told me tat. Tats why I had puregon support. Believe u mite have yield more with a bit more FSH support. Anyway believe I your embbies now. Don't look back.

Work normal stress la. Desk bound so just sit but go loo many times. I kan cheong spider. Go myself to kk for bt. For my cycle I did bt at every scan at kk. They put as patient request.

I am also not sure whether stop here or still try...don't wanna think anything now la. Just take it easy and concentrate on this cycle which will be our bfp cycle. U on hl rite. Y u still take unpaid ar. I just got home after work. Saw a bit brown stains. Light brown. Can't be implant so early my only worry is my womb. I have adenomyosis and pray womb will support pregnancy and not give way for 40 weeks. It's challenging everyday la.

Hi Ladies, good morning.

Thanks to all for your encouragement. I will try to remain positive.

@mesara wanna ask if u if u see dr Loh, does dr tan knows about it? He won't feel that ur not trusting his prescription? I didn't think about seeking second opinion from private. I guess it's better cos u have the answer straight away. Everytime we go for a scan, it's just the MO giving prescription? Telling you standard answer if u ask standard questions. Guess I am also abit ignorant n didn't do much research before embarking on this ivf treatment.

I took unpaid Becos I thought it's not an operation that doesn't need immediate medical treatment. I asked for unpaid n my boss said ok. She didn't say no need to take unpaid even though I said I will be given hospitalisation leave. Previous round she got a temp to cover me for work. So I took unpaid to also cover the temp cost. Since I think she will feel it's not fair for me to take such a long hospitalisation leave. Mc 1 day already not very happy. N I am constantly stress by her at work. Haha. So I rather give myself a break.

Hi meganl how r u today. Me 4dp2dt. Counting down haha. On and off pain at abdomen sides. Wonder y also. Bloated abit only but when walk breathless. Hmm mm. ...kind of worried tho keep telling myself to be positive and calm. Next Monday can test liao...so wait and see lor. Bt on 19 may yours le.

About dr HH tan I have no complains really. But abt kk I can't say the same. Some nurses n docs are good. But some r not experienced and use us a guinea pigs I feel. Last yr I went to Dr tan to remove 3 cysts from right ovary. But after op he told me can only remove one other 2 cannot. Some reason I also cannot understand. Then my amh also drop alot coz they dig out cyst. Then went to Dr loh and Dr thong and both were puzzled y dr tan cannot remove all 3. It's simple and not complicated. So again I spent $$$ time effort and pain to remove the other 2 cysts last Dec at raffles. Am not doubting dr tan but I feel maybe his apprentice did the surgery. There were 2 other young doc in the room. So these type of things I really upset. After my miscarriage last jun I went 24 hrs clinic coz of pain. First wait long. Then went in see doc. Came out wait for another doc for scan. Then see doc again this time different one in the room. She flip thru case note and said congrats u r pregnant. I was so mad..in pain miscarried bleeding and she can say tat. No proper handover or follow up lor. It's like factory. ..all follow production line I feel. But not all docs n nurses r like tat. I like kkh service and can understand they are restructured and volume of patients many. So as individuals we have to make our own stand la. I don't tell dr tan abt dr Loh or dr thong visits at all. They r like additional supplements on my own and I have not regretted seeking their opinion. They r v supportive. It's upto individuals la. I am a kancheong and kiasuu person in this ttc journey. So I really inquisitive and wanna things in details. Many sisters just saw Dr tan alone and bfp. It's also our luck and fate bah. U rest well and enjoy time with no 1. Keep me posted of yr updates hehe

Hihi Mesara, I am fine. Feeling very lethargic maybe becos didn't move much... feeling so lazy... wanted to make use of these two weeks to do some housekeeping, but haven started. I also feel breathless at time and my stomach still feel bloated. Other than that, no symptom. Received a bad news this morning cos my DH grandfather passed away. Next few days I have to go for wake... but i dun intend to tell the relatives. I didn't even tell my MIL. I dun know if I can still kneel and pray or whatever so :(

Hihi Mesara, I am fine. Feeling very lethargic maybe becos didn't move much... feeling so lazy... wanted to make use of these two weeks to do some housekeeping, but haven started. I also feel breathless at time and my stomach still feel bloated. Other than that, no symptom. Received a bad news this morning cos my DH grandfather passed away. Next few days I have to go for wake... but i dun intend to tell the relatives. I didn't even tell my MIL. I dun know if I can still kneel and pray or whatever so :(

Tell them that you caught a bad flu and feeling dizzy nauseous, so you cannot do big movements.

Last edited:
Hi ladies. Today is my 2nd day menses. first review at kkhivf to start my 1st ivf short protocol. Lining is fine but one follicle measure 10mm at day 2 menses which is not normal. So took progesterone n estradiol blood test to determine if can proceed with ivf. Anyone encounter this?

Am sorry to hear about the demise gal. Condolences to yr family. Take care. Don't strain yr self. I know me also never tell anyone on family n keeping it secret is a challenge. U dont move around much. Try to sit and talk to ppl.

@Day_Dreaming thanks for the reason, i will use it when need be.

@mesara Okie thanks. My BT on 20 May, which is 2 days after you... now still a long leh... when u said next Monday, i thought so fast arh? I was thinking abt 11 May... i think i told alot of my close friends abt my IVF cycle as i have been trying all means and method to get pregnant. but with my MIL, i just find it hard to tell her :p

Hi meganl how r u today. Me 4dp2dt. Counting down haha. On and off pain at abdomen sides. Wonder y also. Bloated abit only but when walk breathless. Hmm mm. ...kind of worried tho keep telling myself to be positive and calm. Next Monday can test liao...so wait and see lor. Bt on 19 may yours le.

About dr HH tan I have no complains really. But abt kk I can't say the same. Some nurses n docs are good. But some r not experienced and use us a guinea pigs I feel. Last yr I went to Dr tan to remove 3 cysts from right ovary. But after op he told me can only remove one other 2 cannot. Some reason I also cannot understand. Then my amh also drop alot coz they dig out cyst. Then went to Dr loh and Dr thong and both were puzzled y dr tan cannot remove all 3. It's simple and not complicated. So again I spent $$$ time effort and pain to remove the other 2 cysts last Dec at raffles. Am not doubting dr tan but I feel maybe his apprentice did the surgery. There were 2 other young doc in the room. So these type of things I really upset. After my miscarriage last jun I went 24 hrs clinic coz of pain. First wait long. Then went in see doc. Came out wait for another doc for scan. Then see doc again this time different one in the room. She flip thru case note and said congrats u r pregnant. I was so mad..in pain miscarried bleeding and she can say tat. No proper handover or follow up lor. It's like factory. ..all follow production line I feel. But not all docs n nurses r like tat. I like kkh service and can understand they are restructured and volume of patients many. So as individuals we have to make our own stand la. I don't tell dr tan abt dr Loh or dr thong visits at all. They r like additional supplements on my own and I have not regretted seeking their opinion. They r v supportive. It's upto individuals la. I am a kancheong and kiasuu person in this ttc journey. So I really inquisitive and wanna things in details. Many sisters just saw Dr tan alone and bfp. It's also our luck and fate bah. U rest well and enjoy time with no 1. Keep me posted of yr updates hehe

Dun be worried about these symptoms like bloatedness and on-off pain. Bloatedness is quite common after ET. In fact, on-off cramps is a good sign for implantation. I had that when i bfp-ed in the last 2 rounds.

Sorry to hear about the demise. If you are not ready to share with your in-laws about ivf, maybe you can give reasons like having a very bad backache and can't really bend down. I always use this reason after ET to get away from the more strenuous activities without anyone suspecting. Then when you move around, also dun move so fast coz (1) you shouldn't (2) need to simulate the backache.

Thanks ladies. Did ur keep dropping hair? Prior to this fresh cycle i took 3 months of Letrozole and since then my hair keep dropping like crazing... now also, when i wash or comb, really alot came out...so scary. nvr experience such massive hair loss.

Dun be worried about these symptoms like bloatedness and on-off pain. Bloatedness is quite common after ET. In fact, on-off cramps is a good sign for implantation. I had that when i bfp-ed in the last 2 rounds.
It's easier said than done...the worrying part...cramps have been bad from noon...really wonder what is wrong...

I went for first scan & review yesterday (2nd day menses). can't start stimulation but start Orgalutran jab instead today for 4days. :)

It's easier said than done...the worrying part...cramps have been bad from noon...really wonder what is wrong...

How are you feeling today? Is your cramp something like sharp pain? If you are still concern, why not call kkivf and check if it is normal? Based on what the nurse told me the last time, patients shouldn't be experiencing those sharp pain after ET.

How are you feeling today? Is your cramp something like sharp pain? If you are still concern, why not call kkivf and check if it is normal? Based on what the nurse told me the last time, patients shouldn't be experiencing those sharp pain after ET.
It's like sharp pain...on and off....not constant...sometimes intense sometimes mild...will observe and see.....almost implantation days.....so am not sure what is happening inside also. Will observe and see. Any idea why nurse said shud not have sharp pain after ET?

Have been googling abt the sharp pain....read positive reviews. ..so just hold on hopes.... and since yesterday, at noons have been unable to control my eyes from dozing off...super sleepy...

Shiro ger trigger tonight and ER sat ar. We exactly a week apart...

I cannot remember the exact explanation liao, getting old le. As shared earlier, bearable on-off cramps on either side of the abdomen may be a good sign. Hee... if the sharp pain is unbearable, better go back and see doc. You still resting at home or back to work liao? If at home, then take a short nap to rest a while. Tiredless and nausea are also some of the side effects after ET.

Ya, triggering tonight and ER on Sat morning. Super worried that i have no eggs to transfer le (either too matured or too small follicles on retrieval) even though Dr THH assured that my follicles are gowing well. But duno why i started to have lotsa CM + slight cramp + sore boobs from yesterday onwards. I googled and it says that it's good to have more CM before trigger jab. I scared i ovulate earlier even though i am still on blocker today coz these are my pre-AF symptoms Going crazy liao.

I cannot remember the exact explanation liao, getting old le. As shared earlier, bearable on-off cramps on either side of the abdomen may be a good sign. Hee... if the sharp pain is unbearable, better go back and see doc. You still resting at home or back to work liao? If at home, then take a short nap to rest a while. Tiredless and nausea are also some of the side effects after ET.

Ya, triggering tonight and ER on Sat morning. Super worried that i have no eggs to transfer le (either too matured or too small follicles on retrieval) even though Dr THH assured that my follicles are gowing well. But duno why i started to have lotsa CM + slight cramp + sore boobs from yesterday onwards. I googled and it says that it's good to have more CM before trigger jab. I scared i ovulate earlier even though i am still on blocker today coz these are my pre-AF symptoms Going crazy liao.
My pain more on left side. But bearable la. And since yest n today got stain brown also. Whatever outcome have to prepare myself.

Hey I felt the exact same before ER and same same worries as you man. Coz really felt like ovulating anf worried nothing to retrieve. But rest assured la. Sure have a lot one. Seeing yr numbers v positive. Believe in yr eggies . ..they will be beautiful embbies soon in you.

I went to work tue to today. Tomorrow till Monday home. Last bfp symptomless. All these symptoms don't look good to me..hai

My pain more on left side. But bearable la. And since yest n today got stain brown also. Whatever outcome have to prepare myself.

Hey I felt the exact same before ER and same same worries as you man. Coz really felt like ovulating anf worried nothing to retrieve. But rest assured la. Sure have a lot one. Seeing yr numbers v positive. Believe in yr eggies . ..they will be beautiful embbies soon in you.

I went to work tue to today. Tomorrow till Monday home. Last bfp symptomless. All these symptoms don't look good to me..hai

*Hi5* After 2 fresh and 3 FET, i realised no pt looking at symptoms liao coz can be misleading n give false hopes. The most impt thing is to R&R. Keep yourself occupied so that you won't think so much. Hoping to grab your bb dusts soon !

Anyway just came back from trigger. Saw Dr THH just leaving when i reach d hosp. He's really a workaholic, man! But good for us patients coz he loves what he is doing and such pple would usually do d best they can.

Shiro ger all the best for ER tomorrow. U are lucky le...keep seeing handsome man....when I go kk my mood gets uplifted when i bump into him....very sincere doctor. The rest of the mood is so solemn.....i also like the nurse mdm beh at room 1....v experienced and nice lady.

Will try to rest these few days as per implantation calculator it's supposed to happen yest till Sunday anytime. So take it easy. ..no work....in bed most of the times....talk to embbies. Whatever outcome just have to face it. Previously got bfp on 7dp3dt. Knowing me will just test early...haha

@shiro_ger All the best to your ER on Saturday! During stimulation I also have lot of CM plus sore boobs n just bloated. But now I feel boobs no longer sore. When things are back to normal we will begin to worry what if the embryos have stopped growing.

@mesara how are u? I have been busying spending my time during evenings at the wake. Almost one week has passed for you. Let's wait patiently for another week. I have no symptoms nor sharp cramps. Things are back to normal for me.

good morning ladies..

Im back to this journey again.. AF came ytd afternoon and i need to take Nor-E for 21 days to regulate my next menses before stimulation.

Can someone advise if I should consider ytd as D1 or today as D1?

good morning ladies..

Im back to this journey again.. AF came ytd afternoon and i need to take Nor-E for 21 days to regulate my next menses before stimulation.

Shud be year cd 1 gal. Are you with nuh.

*Hi5* After 2 fresh and 3 FET, i realised no pt looking at symptoms liao coz can be misleading n give false hopes. The most impt thing is to R&R. Keep yourself occupied so that you won't think so much. Hoping to grab your bb dusts soon !

Anyway just came back from trigger. Saw Dr THH just leaving when i reach d hosp. He's really a workaholic, man! But good for us patients coz he loves what he is doing and such pple would usually do d best they can.
shiro_ger all the best for your ER tml. hope to see ur good updates here. I have not seen dr THH since my last apt. haha.
Shiro ger all the best for ER tomorrow. U are lucky le...keep seeing handsome man....when I go kk my mood gets uplifted when i bump into him....very sincere doctor. The rest of the mood is so solemn.....i also like the nurse mdm beh at room 1....v experienced and nice lady.

Will try to rest these few days as per implantation calculator it's supposed to happen yest till Sunday anytime. So take it easy. ..no work....in bed most of the times....talk to embbies. Whatever outcome just have to face it. Previously got bfp on 7dp3dt. Knowing me will just test early...haha
mesara I like mdm beh too. yesterday was in rm 1. mdm beh was teaching my hubby how to jab and praise him for doing a gd job. still ask if he is from medic. haha. ;)

good morning ladies..

for my case, if menses come after 12pm, next day consider first day menses. I am with kkh short protocol.

@shiro_ger All the best to your ER on Saturday! During stimulation I also have lot of CM plus sore boobs n just bloated. But now I feel boobs no longer sore. When things are back to normal we will begin to worry what if the embryos have stopped growing.

@mesara how are u? I have been busying spending my time during evenings at the wake. Almost one week has passed for you. Let's wait patiently for another week. I have no symptoms nor sharp cramps. Things are back to normal for me.
Hi gal guess u must been bz at the wake. Take care. Yeah one week pass liao. The cramps on wed noon and yest for me worried. We try telling each other don't look for symptoms but somehow the human nature just fails to listen haha. I can't remember if I had sore boobs last time but definitely tummy bloat was there and had to pee so many times at night. But this happened after tww or during tww I can't recall. Now just normal. Sometimes don't know where the sharp pain disappear whereas sometimes it on left or right or all over. Must be emmbies tour tummy where to implant haha. Today till Monday I wanna put myself on bed rest. Think norm is after implant a day or two can test. Shall see hw it goes. U take care too gal.

Hi Mesara, Im with KKH - Dr Tan. Tried calling but nvr picked up.

Twinkle spotting at 10 plus ytd & 1 plus go toilet got red liao.. lols..
oh shld be next day considered D1. kkh nurse said full flow then counted. mine cum full flow at 5pm so considered next day menses. I called kkivf hotline on my first day oso nobody picked up. but dun worry they will return call. the nurse returned mine or u can leave a voice message. :)

oh shld be next day considered D1. kkh nurse said full flow then counted. mine cum full flow at 5pm so considered next day menses. I called kkivf hotline on my first day oso nobody picked up. but dun worry they will return call. the nurse returned mine or u can leave a voice message. :)
Thanks twinkle, called them and say today is D1 so i can take my pills tml but must abstain from sex for this month... sad...

Hi ladies, my IVF is scheduled in July. Today I received a call from KKIVF centre telling me if my mens come after 11 July I have to do my IVF in Aug. I asked why, the nurse said they gonna close. Any of u receive such call today? I suppose to go for blood test tmr, shall I proceed? Thx ladies...

Last edited:
Hi ladies, my IVF is scheduled in July. Today I received a call from KKIVF centre telling me if my mens come after 11 July I have to do my IVF in Aug. I asked why, the nurse said they gonna close. Any of u receive such call today? I suppose to go for blood test tmr, shall I proceed? Thx ladies...
Hi joeykw, i was at kkivf centre yest...i was oso told that if af come after 11 jul wl hv to postpone ivf to aug...they r not taking af come after 11 jul n b4 4 aug...i was told previously if af come after 20 jul cannot do in jul but seems like now is after 11 jul..

Hi joeykw, i was at kkivf centre yest...i was oso told that if af come after 11 jul wl hv to postpone ivf to aug...they r not taking af come after 11 jul n b4 4 aug...i was told previously if af come after 20 jul cannot do in jul but seems like now is after 11 jul..
Hi jas249, thx for sharing. I'm thinking of doing blood test in June, my af may come ard 9 / 10 July. Hmm... Maybe it's better to do it in Aug? Suddenly feeling stress...

embryos.htm
Interesting
http://www.advancedfertility.com/embryos.htm

Shiro ger hope your ER went well today. Me wanted to full bed rest since yest but yest noon went out till nite. So today hope will bedrest as implantation days. Hope and pray beanies will stick real tight for 9 months.

Shiro ger hope your ER went well today. Me wanted to full bed rest since yest but yest noon went out till nite. So today hope will bedrest as implantation days. Hope and pray beanies will stick real tight for 9 months.

very hard to bed rest leh. I can only start to rest on Monday after the funeral. been running around and keep worrying too. like what u said, we will tell each other don't look for symptoms but somehow we will still keep looking out for it. till now i have no cramps and i totally feel normal like my previous IVF cycle and makes me worried. keep telling myself its ok, nvr mind if not fated to have one etc. On and off will keep thinking. Sigh...

very hard to bed rest leh. I can only start to rest on Monday after the funeral. been running around and keep worrying too. like what u said, we will tell each other don't look for symptoms but somehow we will still keep looking out for it. till now i have no cramps and i totally feel normal like my previous IVF cycle and makes me worried. keep telling myself its ok, nvr mind if not fated to have one etc. On and off will keep thinking. Sigh...
Meganl can understand wat u r going thru as last cycle I went thru the same but bfp. So not always our worries win over. Calm yourself and be positive. We will continue sharing out symptoms and comforting each other. ..kind of human nature I guess. It's absolutely normal. Per impanatation calculator think u 2 days later than me. So guess Monday yr turn la. Try to rest well after the funeral. Completely bedrest as implantation calculator estimate that's the period baby will nest in the womb. So it's all going to be ok. For me today super sore boobs and tummy kind of cramps not bloated. Unsure as days r nearing for me. 15 is witch arrival so I wish the power of baby keeps her away for 9 months. Rooting for baby. Let's all jia you.

Hope shiro ger is ok after her ER.

It's like sharp pain...on and off....not constant...sometimes intense sometimes mild...will observe and see.....almost implantation days.....so am not sure what is happening inside also. Will observe and see. Any idea why nurse said shud not have sharp pain after ET?

Hi mesara also have sharp pain occasionally. Your symptoms similiar like mine .

@mesara @meganl How are you gals today? The tightness in the abdomen still there? The nurse was sharing with me that we should still do daily routine and dun confine ourselves to the bed. LOL I guess it's ok for you to roam occasionally la..

I suppose my ER went well today. But coz of my congested nose, the sedation given to me was like half of what i should be given. Though i was knocked out, i could literally feel what Dr THH was doing, damn scary le. In fact immediately after the procedure was done, i could talk to the anesthesiologist and "roll over" to the bed for them to wheel me out to the recovery area. Now my abdomen is super duper tight. Feel like my womb is dropping out when i move slightly. Passing urine and motion becomes quite difficult. Hope the pain goes away before my ET on Mon. *Humph*

Shiro ger glad all went well for you. Happy with yr choice to have delayed stim i guess;). Alamak u got cold ar...actually I fell sick during stim and not too well too at ER and et...till now the cough persist like lungs wanna drop out.:p.

Hey its really scary le u semi consious o_O...ya hope pain goes off...if 3 or 5 day transfer got more time to heal...but if Monday abit soon...then u like me n Megan l lor...take few days for the thing to subside. Drink loads of water and rest well. Can roam after et haha...:D

Back