IVF/ICSI Support Group

I rem i got spotting like pinkish brow stain on day 11 too then i went to test hpt cos i thou it gone case but I saw a sligh blue line... nt too dark but still abit to see the line. As long as it not red is gd news. All the best.
Now my flow become heavier.. Like menses.. So its confirmed failed? Do i still continue with e inserts & i still need to go for blood test on mon?

Now my flow become heavier.. Like menses.. So its confirmed failed? Do i still continue with e inserts & i still need to go for blood test on mon?

happy0341, I've been thru the same prior to BT... I still continued my inserts, just in case we are one of the lucky ones who get heavy flow but went on to bfp (but i found out i was not one of them). for kkh, BT is compulsory, and you can call ivf hotline to arrange for a BT 3 days earlier instead of waiting for the scheduled one.

Hi Sistas, i would like to ask if anyone did SIS scan prior to IVF?

I went for SIS after 2 failed fresh. Is there any thing u wd like to know?

My experience is that it is not painful, just some very minor cramp during the scan, much better than HSG.

Hi all, I on 2ww D11 will be going for my BT next Tue. Would like to get some advice on the below do or don't after ET.

1. Can we eat seafood (like prawn) or is there any food that we are not suppose to eat?
2. Can we continue acupuncture?
3. Can we go for foot massage or body massage?

Happy0341, I also have brown discharge n get heavier so I guess I m out. I m having my blood test tomorrow. It will be a closure for my 2nd IVF tomorrow and on my way for the 3rd one.

It's compulsory to go for BT in KKH. U can call them to arrange for an early BT.
In fact, my BT is next mon too and I called them to arrange for early BT this Friday as I notice there are some brown discharge. But the nurse did warn that if the BT result on Friday is low we will still hv to go BT again on Monday to see if it increase. I would think that it meant those borderline cases when she says low.

I would still continue the insert till I see red. Brown still hv hope.

It's compulsory to go for BT in KKH. U can call them to arrange for an early BT.
In fact, my BT is next mon too and I called them to arrange for early BT this Friday as I notice there are some brown discharge. But the nurse did warn that if the BT result on Friday is low we will still hv to go BT again on Monday to see if it increase. I would think that it meant those borderline cases when she says low.

I would still continue the insert till I see red. Brown still hv hope.
Mine already heavy flow.. Nurse asked me to go down tom for BT instead of Fri.. Mine gone case liao..

Brown cld be implantation blood.. So ur chances still der.. Stay positive..

Any pple know how long must we rest before we can embark on FET after failed fresh?

Congrats congrats congrats fatefully. Soo happy for you and grabbing tonnes of baby dusts. Am in tww currently after third fresh. Did 2d transfer. Also back to work after resting few days and hoping and praying hard for bfp. Any tips on wat u did n took during tww pls.
I oni had red dates.n chic essence daily. N keep calm n make myself busy.

I went for SIS after 2 failed fresh. Is there any thing u wd like to know?

My experience is that it is not painful, just some very minor cramp during the scan, much better than HSG.
Thanks Happy peanut. I find it hard to book the appt. Today is my day 1 which I'm told to call and book the appt. It took me many calls to get through the line and when i finally did, they only give me one slot. And if i dont make it to this slot, i would have to wait for another mth. Im feeling helpless... its like omg. Is the whole ivf journey going to be like this? Like so hard to get appt etc.

Mine already heavy flow.. Nurse asked me to go down tom for BT instead of Fri.. Mine gone case liao..

Brown cld be implantation blood.. So ur chances still der.. Stay positive..

Any pple know how long must we rest before we can embark on FET after failed fresh?

My first ivf also failed last month, it was rather devastating but you'll be fine later. After the BT, the nurse will call you to arrange a visit the Dr. I just met doc last thurs and he arranged for my FET in July. Shd b abt 3 mins later for your body to stabilise.

Hallo guys im a silent reader. I'm now 13dp2pt. Tested yesterday with super duper faint line. Today test cb pregnant 2-3 weeks. I'm with kkh. And understand kk won't give support so early. Would I be able to see dr loh in Thomson. Would this be allowed?
Body is still shaking now. 10 years marriage I really hope this is it.
What should i do next. I'm really dunno what to do.

In returning great help from the sister here has been gave me, I hope this information will be useful for people in 2ww. This is my 4th fresh cycle.

Trf 3 embryo, planned for blasto but doctor might not be able to make it. Embryo quality not great. Grade 3.
First weeek- bloated.
Bout day 6-7 stabbing pain bout 2 -4 sec.
Day 8-9'watery cm occur in the morning.
Day 10-11 faint line hpt
No sore boobs. Bloating occur after I have meal.
Feel lightheaded,
Had my evening walk day e every evening for 20 tom30 min everyday.

Hallo guys im a silent reader. I'm now 13dp2pt. Tested yesterday with super duper faint line. Today test cb pregnant 2-3 weeks. I'm with kkh. And understand kk won't give support so early. Would I be able to see dr loh in Thomson. Would this be allowed?
When ur actual blood test? U were given utrostan for nw rite? U can contiune using it and go for early bt.

Hi, i think you can see dr loh if u really wanna put yr mind at ease n take support jab. Some sisters do that. Congratulations on e faint line. Who is yr kkh doctor?

Alternatively, you can walk to kkh (if u are kkh patient) for an early blood test this friday. Explain to them y u like an early bloodtest. Think they will allow.

Congratulations!!! My suggestion is first call KKH and tell them you tested positive with clear blue and ask if you can go for earlier BT. Prob 2 or 3 days from now. Apart from that, if you are not bleeding or spotting, the normal 2ww support is good enough to get you through.

You can go see a private doctor if you want but doesn't mean s/he will prescribe more support if your pregnancy doesnt need it also. However, it may give you a peace of mind, and a peace of mind is worth more than its price in gold. :)

BUT, if you see any sign of spotting you should call KKH ASAP or see a private doc and get more support.

Apart from that it's wait for another 2 weeks to viability (heartbeat) scan.

Ladies, mind sharing with me how is ivf procedure? Wanna get myself prepared. Tried googling but info not very in dept. TIA!

Ok Ron. Thx so much. Meantime I will mix relax and be calm. Will contact kk if to bleeding.
My 2nd cycle resultednin etopic pregnancy which lead me to losing my Fallopian tubes. I'm tubeless and getting pregnant only thru ivf.,

LotsBaby dust sprinkleeee here....!

Ok Ron. Thx so much. Meantime I will mix relax and be calm. Will contact kk if to bleeding.
My 2nd cycle resultednin etopic pregnancy which lead me to losing my Fallopian tubes. I'm tubeless and getting pregnant only thru ivf.,

LotsBaby dust sprinkleeee here....!

Sorry to hear that. Gd luck to ur pregnancy! Jia you!! :)

Thx melody.

Would like to share the old i ate for2ww.
-6-7 Brazil nut every morning
-eat home food everyday with minimum rice
- drink red dates only one tone during my 2ww. (Lazy to make)
- never drink chicken essence ( today just start) hehehe
- occasionally munch almond nut and pumpkin seed for snack
- drink juice everyday, u guys can try beet root. I think it help implantation.

- I only start my egg white during 2ww. I eat 2-3 egg white every morning
-avocado every morning too,

I eat anything, nasi lemak , fried chicken . Curry chicken. Chilli and sour ( not advisable) not really healthy .
I even eat medicine chicken cook with wine 2 times. (Dun know can or not as got wine in it)

I jus take it relax. And this time round lots of party in my house during 2ww. ,
My mums friend Lots of people come. I jus enjoy .

For my #1, i waited for bt, upon results, kk will give u extra support - duphaston.., after dat wait for scheduled scan for heartbeat at kk at abt week 6 .. After dat, den i change to my own gynae at thomson.. Hope its helps...

Congrats!!!

Hi happy. Who is your gynae at Thomson. I also planning to go there as my dr, dr sadhana.
Congrats juli juli. Grabbing baby dusts. Thanks for sharing the tww tips. Really helpful. If me i wud go to private and get support jab for peace of mind. Last pregnancy I waited till spot at week 6 then lost it. Regret not taking support jab...so it's upto u......be calm relax and happy. All the best for smooth pregnancy.

Oh ya forget to mention I drink hemp protein from the start of stim and 2ww. Had ensure milk in the morning too.
Basically my breakfast everyday 2ww
- Brazil nut
- hemp protein
- ensure milk
- 2 to 3 egg white, kampung egg
- avocado
- sometimes kiwi, apple
- juice

Body sweat a lot too during 2ww and thirsty.

Hope it help. I

Hi ladies. Today is my 2nd day menses. first review at kkhivf to start my 1st ivf short protocol. Lining is fine but one follicle measure 10mm at day 2 menses which is not normal. So took progesterone n estradiol blood test to determine if can proceed with ivf. Anyone encounter this?

Oh ya forget to mention I drink hemp protein from the start of stim and 2ww. Had ensure milk in the morning too.
Basically my breakfast everyday 2ww
- Brazil nut
- hemp protein
- ensure milk
- 2 to 3 egg white, kampung egg
- avocado
- sometimes kiwi, apple
- juice

Body sweat a lot too during 2ww and thirsty.

Hope it help. I
Am also following the exact diet except taking immunocal instead of hemp protein. Grabbing tight your baby dust...hehe

In returning great help from the sister here has been gave me, I hope this information will be useful for people in 2ww. This is my 4th fresh cycle.

Trf 3 embryo, planned for blasto but doctor might not be able to make it. Embryo quality not great. Grade 3.
First weeek- bloated.
Bout day 6-7 stabbing pain bout 2 -4 sec.
Day 8-9'watery cm occur in the morning.
Day 10-11 faint line hpt
No sore boobs. Bloating occur after I have meal.
Feel lightheaded,
Had my evening walk day e every evening for 20 tom30 min everyday.
Do u mean dpo or dpt gal.

Hi I'm new to this forum and very lost. We called up kkh for ivf appt but they nv assign us to the doctor from kkivf. We are assign to see Dr cc khong who is a gynea. We have done the blood test,hubby for sa and ultra scan. Next .. Dr khong ask me to do a laparoscopy, am I wondering is it a must to do laparoscopy before we can proceed to ivf? Ladies .. Can advise how u all get to make appt to kkivf ? Thanks in advance

Today 1st day menses. gg KKHIVF centre tml for scan and if scan goes well will start jab tml. Hopefully everything turns up well. I am so nervous :eek:

Hi twinkletot, I m waiting too shld come AF by tis wks, oh so fast scan during heavy flow? I also start to feel nervous, I wonder if my AF don't arrive as I have v long cycle, shld i wait until It arrive or ask to get some
Med to induce AF & shld go for acupuncture, heard it increase success rate?

Hi I'm new to this forum and very lost. We called up kkh for ivf appt but they nv assign us to the doctor from kkivf. We are assign to see Dr cc khong who is a gynea. We have done the blood test,hubby for sa and ultra scan. Next .. Dr khong ask me to do a laparoscopy, am I wondering is it a must to do laparoscopy before we can proceed to ivf? Ladies .. Can advise how u all get to make appt to kkivf ? Thanks in advance

Hi emk,
Laparoscopy doesn't say it's a scope to check what. Did the doctor tell u? I'm with kk dr lau, after the preliminary checks and blood test, if ok, they will refer the patient to KKIVF and start to book a slot. Now is May, so maybe your next ivf slot will be in July? After looking at the test results, the doctor will advise iui or ivf and refer to KKIVF. Or at least that's what dr lau did for me during the consultation. He told me our case not suitable for iui, go straight to ivf. Asked us to go KKIVF n ask for next possible slot. Hope this helps.

Hi EMK laprascopy is not mandatory for ivf. Pls find out the reason why he suggested this.

Hi twinkletot, I m waiting too shld come AF by tis wks, oh so fast scan during heavy flow? I also start to feel nervous, I wonder if my AF don't arrive as I have v long cycle, shld i wait until It arrive or ask to get some
welcome eggscatcher! maybe can call kkivf hotline for advise. I went for first scan & review yesterday (2nd day menses). can't start stimulation but start Orgalutran jab instead today for 4days. :)

My first cycle was with CC Khong and i was requested to do SIS. After SIS, he found 3 small polyps and told me to remove them before ivf. I did what he recommended and bfp-ed in that cycle. I think he also helped to "clean up" the uterus during the procedure. If ordering the lapro is to check whether got cysts or fibriod etc, SIS may be able to work and it is less invasive? Better to find out why need to do laproscopy.

The nurses have ever advised me that it is better not to induce AF coz it is not the "actual" cycle. If AF din come by the estimated date, give yourself another week. If still dun report, may need to see doctor first before you can start the cycle. If still in doubt, maybe you can call kkivf to check again.

Hi emk,
Laparoscopy doesn't say it's a scope to check what. Did the doctor tell u? I'm with kk dr lau, after the preliminary checks and blood test, if ok, they will refer the patient to KKIVF and start to book a slot. Now is May, so maybe your next ivf slot will be in July? After looking at the test results, the doctor will advise iui or ivf and refer to KKIVF. Or at least that's what dr lau did for me during the consultation. He told me our case not suitable for iui, go straight to ivf. Asked us to go KKIVF n ask for next possible slot. Hope this helps.
Hi daybreak_rose
Thanks for your advise
Yes I did asked Dr Khong why do I need to do laparoscopy, he said this is to check the internal and external of my worm and if there is any cyst he will laser it off at the same time. He explain cyst will poison the baby or cause miscarriage. I got more puzzle becoz my scan result is ok and my husband result not very good. So we ask him can we skip this and go to ivf. He said cannot as this is a must to do and after this laparoscopy then he can give us a plan. And I'm a private patient so this laparoscopy will cause estimated $7,075. I wanna get a good doctor for second opinion but don't know who to approach. May I know what are the preliminary check for ivf? And how u make appt with dr Lau ? Maybe I can call to change doctor

Hi emk, do check with the doc reason for doing lap & what is he checking? After doing lap, u will need to recover for a few mths before u can proceed to do IVF as it is still an operation. I have a friend who went to KKH and saw Steven Teo who suggested she do lap too and it scare her to max and the reason was to check if she has endometriosis or something like that. In the end she changed doc to Dr Tan and he did not suggest for her to do lap but try naturally for a couple more mths before coming back to decide if she shld do IVF.

Back