Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

@remembeRainbow i heard from my friend that Prof Biswa is renown as a high risk gynae and even the nurses in nuh will request for him. He is the equivalent of Prof Wong. You may want to go for him cos if they are complications, private will be v v expensive. I think if u go in as urgent case maybe no need to wait so long to see him. But yes, it's always good to get 2nd, 3rd opinion. Jia you!

Pergovaris is a syringe injection. Similar to Cetrotide where u got to mix the solvent (powder) with the solution (liquid). It has 150iu of gonal f in it. So morning I jab pergovaris & night another 150iu of gonal f pen. Needle is thicker too but for me, poking the needle is not painful. The pain is when I inject the liquid inside.
For me, among all the jabs that I took, pergovaris is the mother of all pain. Hahaha. It's like I've gone thru pergovaris, all the others are nothing. LOL
But let's not scare ourself. We are strong women hence we took this journey. Nothing can stop us. Not even pergoveris. ;)

Nurse also told me pervagoris is painful,so I found this jab name pretty familiar...think I jus need to mentally prep myself for it...:rolleyes:..i heard is good for egg quality....hehe...scare also pointless ya?...still hav to brave through it...

@Day_Dreaming,
Very likely NorE will b in jun & fresh cycle will b in jul...i calling in pretty frequent to check if anyone cancel their appt last min...as far my appt with prof is 27th may...nurse very funny...she told me "hold on tightly to ur appt, coz the next earliest available slot for prof is jul"
Prof is hot...like hotcakes...:D

I went to MtA gynae with main intention to ask her abt the cramps. Cos it's 1st visit, she said she scan me 1st before we discuss further.
During the scan the moment she saw the big fibroid, she got "excited" & went on & on abt how dangerous it is. When I tried to ask her abt the cramps, she just said cramps are normal, no bleeding means ok, then continued going on& on abt the fibroid!!!!

Change another pte gynae for 2nd opinion & also seek nuh doc opinion as well?some gynae r really on the super super safe side...n very ks...really sounds scary when she made comments like that...she will stress u up unnecessarily...if Prof wong discharged u, it means he's confident u r doing good...I will trust Prof...hehe... :D

Share with u my gal fren story...
She did caesarian on her 1st delivery...n wanted to natural on her 2nd coming one...she saw in total 6-7 gynae n only one willing to take her case...1 even warned her it's high risk n can lose her life n "reprimanded" her...in short,she told me most of the doctors r the super safe or conservative type...
I suppose is good to b on the safe side but will appreciate if they r assuring as well...

Mayb look for 1 gynae that u r comfortable with n he/she is confident?I will likely freak out if I noe my doc is not confident....

I am on NEL line and train is packed like sardine daily. Gosh... I ate before heading out..... I was so damn worried just now and suddenly broke down in tears... Like going to faint

No worries ya...sayang sayang...likely too stuffy..n if low blood sugars or anaemic,u will feel dizzy...gals quite prone to b being anaemic...

Thurs. Now I thinking if af don't even come by thurs morning how ah.

Guideline is AF within 7 days..call Chr if din start over 7days to seek for directions on wat's next...

For my case when it din start,advised to do hpt n wait...then it started...call Chr to ask for ur case will b better..they r the experts...;)

Guideline is AF within 7 days..call Chr if din start over 7days to seek for directions on wat's next...

For my case when it din start,advised to do hpt n wait...then it started...call Chr to ask for ur case will b better..they r the experts...;)
I ask them... she say if don't start must go chr do preg blood test... super duh rite! I'm quite irritated after she say that.. I rather wait for af to come then go for scan.. Definitely Im not pregnant what... super waste time only

I took breakfast before heading out leh. Could it be low blood or low sugar? Was just so scared.. Like going to collapse.. Oh man
Next time on train just tap the shoulder of some young people sitting down and ask them whether you can hv their seat cos you are pregnant. Ask loudly but nicely. i do that all the time with my #1. Even now i will ask pple to give up seat for old folks. No problem so far, no one beat me yet! :p

Girls, no scAred no scared. Not as bad and pain as I think cos you can slowly inject. My day 5 morning stims starts with cetrotide and pergoveris then tonight another gonal. What is LH? I was told my hormones didn't increase so PG was prescribed. Is it the same?

Ya please don't scare yourself but just be prepared!
I'm not really sure what LH really means cuz it was a rush rush thingy I didn't have the time to ask. But I was preserved pergovaris on my 1st day of scan & stim so there was no way to know if my hormones didn't increase cuz haven't start jab yet?

I've never experienced pergovaris so I can't contribute. I was on only gonal-f 150 & cetrotide throughout my stims.
But I'm curious, how come cetrotide needs to do mixing?? Mine came as individually wrapped ready-to-jab syringes. Yes, the needle is definitely much thicker than gonal-f pen!!!

Oh? My ready to jab syringes are only the gonal f pen!! Haha
as for the cetrotide, the syringes has a liquid inside. I need to mix it with the solvent (using the long needle) then jab myself with the small needle.
That's weird~~

Oh? My ready to jab syringes are only the gonal f pen!! Haha
as for the cetrotide, the syringes has a liquid inside. I need to mix it with the solvent (using the long needle) then jab myself with the small needle.
That's weird~~
Oh sorry I sotong!! I went to look back at my records.
My stims form had the word "cetrotide" cancelled & overwritten with "orgalutran".
Ya I recall during ivf seminar prof demo abt how to mix cetrotide. Then when I collected my jabs, I even asked nurse how come I'm given orgalutran instead.
Nurse said both are the same, just that orgalutran is more convenient to jab so changed to orgalutran.
Hmmm am I the only one who used orgalutran? All of u use cetrotide??My stims was last nov... were they testing out a new drug that period?

Yay af came last night, so Im all set for scan tmr!

Best of lucksss!A smooth one for ur stim process ya...

@queby77 ,
Smooth sailing for ur follicle growth...;)

Ladies,
Anyone has headaches after acupuncture?
I did my 3rd session ytd on head n abs...after the session,had heavy head...then at nite throbbing pain...:confused:

My stims form had the word "cetrotide" cancelled & overwritten with "orgalutran".
Ya I recall during ivf seminar prof demo abt how to mix cetrotide. Then when I collected my jabs, I even asked nurse how come I'm given orgalutran instead.
Nurse said both are the same, just that orgalutran is more convenient to jab so changed to orgalutran.
Hmmm am I the only one who used orgalutran? All of u use cetrotide??My stims was last nov... were they testing out a new drug that period?

I did cetrotide as well...seems like orgalutran is more convenient...else the mixing part is nerve racking..the bubblessss in the liquid...o_O

Ya please don't scare yourself but just be prepared!
I'm not really sure what LH really means cuz it was a rush rush thingy I didn't have the time to ask. But I was preserved pergovaris on my 1st day of scan & stim so there was no way to know if my hormones didn't increase cuz haven't start jab yet?

LH is luteinizing hormone...it shld increase rapidly together with FSH jus before ovalution..which we called it LH surge...is one of the hormones that's critical during follicular n ovalutory phase...:)

Anyone wanna ask prof or chr nurse abt orgalutran next visit? No reason why they don't give the more convenient version if both work the same.
Unless they were testing out orgalutran? Orgalutran more ex? Or haha cetrotide that time no stock???

ImageUploadedByForum1430879988.968194.jpg

This is how orgalutran looks like. Ready to jab.

@MonkeyChick The side effects from the acupuncture sound bad. Call the tcm up and ask for an explanation. Also to update them so that they can adjust their acupuncture treatment for you next time.

Think our bodies share one similarity, can get over-simulated by western & tcm treatment/med easily. So if we want to try new thing, we must try them early to test the effects.

Last edited:
Best of lucksss!A smooth one for ur stim process ya...

@queby77 ,
Smooth sailing for ur follicle growth...;)

Ladies,
Anyone has headaches after acupuncture?
I did my 3rd session ytd on head n abs...after the session,had heavy head...then at nite throbbing pain...:confused:
I was spinning sometime when i het up after acupuncture and after a while i am ok. Try to call up and check with your TCM to find out more

@remembeRainbow,
How are you feeling today?
The more impt something is, the more anxious I get & the more clumsy I become. My hand trembled during every self-jab, including the easiest painless gonal-f!!
When I heard abt the cetrotide mixing during ivf seminar, I shake head & told hubby he has to do it for me. I was soooo relieved when I was issued orgalutran instead!
My sharp cramps are gone but still having pulling sensations here & there which can be quite strong at times. I'm currently on mc this week so hopefully it goes away soon!
Now not so pain so still deciding whether to storm into women's clinic & kick a big fuss to get an earlier slot for Prof Biswas. But if sharp pain ever come back, I will surely do that!

mine same as u..i stims from last yr sept/oct

The more impt something is, the more anxious I get & the more clumsy I become. My hand trembled during every self-jab, including the easiest painless gonal-f!!
When I heard abt the cetrotide mixing during ivf seminar, I shake head & told hubby he has to do it for me. I was soooo relieved when I was issued orgalutran instead!
My sharp cramps are gone but still having pulling sensations here & there which can be quite strong at times. I'm currently on mc this week so hopefully it goes away soon!
Now not so pain so still deciding whether to storm into women's clinic & kick a big fuss to get an earlier slot for Prof Biswas. But if sharp pain ever come back, I will surely do that!
Thats great to know. Take care and rest more at home....be blessed always. Think positive and stay away from negative.

Anyone wanna ask prof or chr nurse abt orgalutran next visit? No reason why they don't give the more convenient version if both work the same.
Unless they were testing out orgalutran? Orgalutran more ex? Or haha cetrotide that time no stock???

I will ask..Hehe...no harm asking ya...

@Day_Dreaming , @happybb2015,
I will update the sinseh on my next appt...
This is the cranky headaches I got when my health was really bad n hormones super messed up,before ivf n tcm....but since I resigned n stayed home to condition my body...hasn't been getting one for quite some time alr...was stunned by how fast the headache hit me right after the acu...

Will check with the sinseh is it normal to trigger some old condition like tis...

Ya, is true..we r very responsive to new treatment & Med...good thing I started it early...whew...

Last edited:
Thanks! I really hope this month will be it, but tell myself not to keep the hope up. Can't help but feeling quite down recently.
All the best! Do happy things!

Im on same boat as u! Hehe.. Hopefully we both don't have to start ivf :)

Smile and laugh more!

Thanks! I really hope this month will be it, but tell myself not to keep the hope up. Can't help but feeling quite down recently.

Totally understand how u feel...hope for the best,prepare for the worst?..wat's meant to b will b...I always feel if we can use 平常心 to handle the situation..we will b much happier...but I noe is easier said than done ya...now my mentality is.. jus do our best..so that every step we took n when we looked back..there's no regrets...fighting!;)

Ladies,
Need your kind advice & input. Did OR yesterday, 13 eggs retrieved, 6 matured & 4 fertilized. Didn't had the chance to ask the grades of the eggs cuz too excited.
Question is, Shd I just go for D3 or do a blastocyst?

TIA! :oops:

Ladies,
Need your kind advice & input. Did OR yesterday, 13 eggs retrieved, 6 matured & 4 fertilized. Didn't had the chance to ask the grades of the eggs cuz too excited.
Question is, Shd I just go for D3 or do a blastocyst?

TIA! :oops:

Nuh protocol is only D3 transfer...unless u hav more than 6 excellent/good quality embryos...I think 6 is the number...check with rest of the ladies..:rolleyes:

Nonetheless,they will thaw the embbies 1 day before ET...not too sure if this 1 day growth means a D4 embryo...

Last edited:

Back