(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Prettiesnow, is it viral fever or do u have any cut or infections? Viral fever will last longer and your fever are low grade fever. Rest well, have plentiful of water and eat light.

Mummies, these is a talk coming organise by Cordlife - "All Things about confinement" . I am thinking to go or not to go, will be a good refresher course for me since my last confinement is 9 yr ago.

Anyone sign up cordlife? I am thinking to donate my baby cord blood to public bank.

Hi dear, I have a flu and cough with yellow mucus for ten days already. Tot no more fever den suddenly came back for a few days again.

Hi, anyone feeling baby move already? I felt them since early April and the baby was super active on Sat. But from Sunday, there wasn't much. Yesterday barely felt anything. Is this normal? Anyone having the same experience? Worried.

I felt it since 12 weeks.. sometimes he is very active but at times he will be very quiet... i googled online... it says... baby is still small... so dont worry if you doesnt feel his/her kicks... i think gynae will advise u to monitor bb's kicks when you're in 28 weeks...

Hi all... my EDD is on the 17th Sept and going to have my no. 5th baby.. having a very bad morning sickness.. have been vomiting alternate days. :( think baby never take in any good stuff from me.

Hi all... my EDD is on the 17th Sept and going to have my no. 5th baby.. having a very bad morning sickness.. have been vomiting alternate days. :( think baby never take in any good stuff from me.
Wow jazzplay,

No. 5 baby! I really admire you. As a veteran mum you should have many good advices for new mum to be like me. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks shinmai! I really loves babies.. but this will be my last.. was planning for 4 before marriage but was accident with no. 5.

Helper was surprised and MIL was surprised too.. Think this will be another boy again.

I got the result of Oscar test and from the blood test , the nurse say I carry strains of Thalassemia . Does anyone have the same thingy? It's scary!!!

Hello! Just a update on my last post. TMC ask us to go KK to take a blood test for Thalassemia major. After four weeks, we receive a phone call of the results. My hubby does not have Thalassemia major while I have Thalassemia minor, therefore baby is safe! (jumps around)

Here's a link for more info. http://www.kkh.com.sg/HealthPedia/Pages/PregnancyPlanningForBabyThalassaemia.aspx

hi any mummies to be out there who has still yet to gain weight in 2nd tri? Throughout my pregnancy I had lost 3 KG due to extreme morning sickness and vomiting.. very worried as I m now 21 weeks, haven't even gain weight yet, but my baby is growing..

hi any mummies to be out there who has still yet to gain weight in 2nd tri? Throughout my pregnancy I had lost 3 KG due to extreme morning sickness and vomiting.. very worried as I m now 21 weeks, haven't even gain weight yet, but my baby is growing..

Oh! Me too!! This baby is way too naughty.... Just got to "ren"! We can do it. :)

Hi, any mummies can help? I came down with a fever, flu and cough last last Friday. Fever lasted for three days. Saw a doctor and given simple flu n cough medicine. This week I had a fever again from 37.5 to 37.8 since Monday. Flu and cough still going on. Not sure what to do.

Hi Prettiesnow, that happened to me last week and i try not to take the medication.
You need ample of rest, try to paste the Panadol Fever Pad which i find it useful. Use salt water to gargle and pour half 100plus mix with lukewarm water.
Most important, u need more rest. And when u feel much better, you can try to eat pear that skin is coated brown. Skin it and eat the fruits, it will help ur cough especially this weather.

just did detailed scan earlier on. cervix length was showing 2.8cm
2.5cm and below is consider risky.
might result in baby coming out early.
am supposed to go back and take again next week to see if there is any increase in the length.
if not bedrest or medication is required.
kinda worried ....

not sure what should i do..
feeling so helpless.....

Hi mummies,

Did a 4D ultrasound today, so exciting! Baby covered his face with his hands throughout so we couldn't see much. But I noticed that when I called out to him "baby... baby" he responded by turning and moving his hands and legs. He can actually hear me! How amazing! My pregnancy hasn't felt so real until today.

Shin nai mama

It must be such a sweet experience. How much do u have to pay for 4D?
Hi,

I did my scan overseas. Have heard from a friend that it cost about $200 for 4D scan in sg. If you intend to do one it's better to go at 27 or 28 weeks. Right now (I am 19 weeks) my baby's facial features are not so prominent yet.

Hi Prettiesnow, that happened to me last week and i try not to take the medication.
You need ample of rest, try to paste the Panadol Fever Pad which i find it useful. Use salt water to gargle and pour half 100plus mix with lukewarm water.
Most important, u need more rest. And when u feel much better, you can try to eat pear that skin is coated brown. Skin it and eat the fruits, it will help ur cough especially this weather.

Thanks Cece for the tip. In the end, I have to take antibiotics as I had some infection that causes the fever. Will try the tip for the cough though.

Any mummies still experience brown spotting/ discharge at week 18? When shd I be rushing to A&E?
Hi... I was experiencing brown spotting/discharge and slight cramp in my tummy last week. I got worried and make a trip to KK's 24 hour O&G clinic, the Gynae then told me that I could be having urine infection. After she prescribed me with antibiotics and Citravescent, the pain and spotting goes away...

Any mummies still experience brown spotting/ discharge at week 18? When shd I be rushing to A&E?

I had brown spotting at week 18 but doc says its the old blood coming out and when he did my scan we did see a pool of clot under baby. my doc says i needn't panic unless i see fresh blood. so unless your doc has told you something like you shouldn't worry if you see brown discharge, u should go see a doc/A&E if you see anything brown/red that worries you because being safe is always better.

Hi mummies, any good stretchmark cream to recc...Used Palmers and now using Clarins... does'nt work for me :(

I'm thinking of getting Bio Oil but not sure if its pregnancy friendly. Appreciate your replies...

Last edited:
I had brown spotting at week 18 but doc says its the old blood coming out and when he did my scan we did see a pool of clot under baby. my doc says i needn't panic unless i see fresh blood. so unless your doc has told you something like you shouldn't worry if you see brown discharge, u should go see a doc/A&E if you see anything brown/red that worries you because being safe is always better.

Hi... I was experiencing brown spotting/discharge and slight cramp in my tummy last week. I got worried and make a trip to KK's 24 hour O&G clinic, the Gynae then told me that I could be having urine infection. After she prescribed me with antibiotics and Citravescent, the pain and spotting goes away...

Thanks ladies for the replies. Had another instance of brown discharge when I wipe last nite.. i email my gynae but no reply from him yet.. been feeling achy all over my body too.. dunno izzit coz of age or wat.. think I will monitor again 1st.. may try to bring fwd my appt or rush to KKH 24h O&G clinic.

Mykloven, did u had to wait long when u went to the 24h clinic?

Hi mummies, any good stretchmark cream to recc...Used Palmers and now using Clarins... does'nt work for me :(

I'm thinking of getting Bio Oil but not sure if its pregnancy friendly. Appreciate your replies...
Yes u can use bio oil too!
It's safe for pregnancy.
I used it for #1 and now with #2.

Thanks ladies for the replies. Had another instance of brown discharge when I wipe last nite.. i email my gynae but no reply from him yet.. been feeling achy all over my body too.. dunno izzit coz of age or wat.. think I will monitor again 1st.. may try to bring fwd my appt or rush to KKH 24h O&G clinic.

Mykloven, did u had to wait long when u went to the 24h clinic?

Hi jeffcraze, nope.. it was really quick... :)

Hello! How is everyone?

For me, I'm feeling breathless , some tight sensation at belly.

I dunno how to describe but when I eat , I feel the food gush upwards and hit the roof of stomach, no idea what kind of symptom is this.

Good luck everyone!

Hello! How is everyone?

For me, I'm feeling breathless , some tight sensation at belly.

I dunno how to describe but when I eat , I feel the food gush upwards and hit the roof of stomach, no idea what kind of symptom is this.

Good luck everyone!

Hi jellyfish313 :)
Im on 21st week... currently having on/off tailbone pain. Hurts like crazy sometimes especially when I wanna stand up or adjust my sitting or sleeping position... see the doc ytd and he said its normal. Guess... I just hv to tahan the pain :(

Hi jeffcraze, just to share my experience.
I've been having spotting or pinkish discharge from week 8 - 20 on and off but my gynae checked and said my baby is fine every time. I thought it would go away after 1st trimester but on week 20 my gynae decided to check if there is infection below & we discovered I have polyp. I got it removed there and then (it took only 10mins) . Since then there is no more spotting until now (week 22).
If you are worried, u may want to ask to check in case of any infection or whatsoever, for a piece of mind :)

Back