MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Hi
Are all of you going for c section? Anyway trying for natural delivery?
im having c-sec ..im faint hearted with natural ..and well didn't want say like opt for natural then in case of emergency last min change to c-sec...didn't want the unnecessary..

My gynae ask me to csect.. safer.
But i am thinking if can natural den i will try.. im 20wks today!

My gynae said that even if both babies head are down and we go for natural, there's a 20% chance that during the delivery, might need to change to c section.

What's holding me back on the c section is the recovery after that. I delivered my 1st one naturally and recovery was fast. I heard c section it could take months. ;(

Hi mummies, did any of you use PEM confinement agency and if so, may I know which nanny you recommend? :)

I've booked with PEM. Heard they only have have 10 nannies doing twins. I'm due in end June. If you are due after that, I can share my experiences with PEM

Im week 17 going to week 18 n i still feel nausea n vomit after meal. Is this normal? I just worry babies not getting enough nutrition. Sigh....

What are the names of the medication you are given by yr doc that is to prevent preterm labour?

And do u tell ur bosses u r expecting twins or just say u r pregnant? Cos I'm pantang so don't feel like want to say until they are born.

For working mums, did ur Gynae say when we need to bed rest or be given MC?

I was given salburamol to prevent preterm contraction. My whole office knows im hving twins. No pantang for me. Actually they can tell as well cos my tummy looks like ppl ready to deliver.
Actually for now my gynae already ask me to minimize movement cos bbs are big n im running out of space, so might trigger labour. But since i still hv lots of things undone, im still working as usual. Occasionally take mc. Im in my week 30~31 .

i am in my week 16 now, but weight is still the same as before... any ladies have the same situation as me ?
that means most of the weight gain goes to ur bbs which is good :)when I was at ard ur week I also didn't really gain much ..but will gradually gain after u reach 20ish weeks ..now im week 31 and gained 10kg so far..

I was given salburamol to prevent preterm contraction. My whole office knows im hving twins. No pantang for me. Actually they can tell as well cos my tummy looks like ppl ready to deliver.
Actually for now my gynae already ask me to minimize movement cos bbs are big n im running out of space, so might trigger labour. But since i still hv lots of things undone, im still working as usual. Occasionally take mc. Im in my week 30~31 .
these few weeks im having more Braxton hicks ..and that saturday a scare..as I had light brown discharge!

that means most of the weight gain goes to ur bbs which is good :)when I was at ard ur week I also didn't really gain much ..but will gradually gain after u reach 20ish weeks ..now im week 31 and gained 10kg so far..
thanks Lambi :) you are definitely putting me at ease.. looking forward to gynae check next friday :)

week 31! a few more to go to see your darlings

thanks Lambi :) you are definitely putting me at ease.. looking forward to gynae check next friday :)

week 31! a few more to go to see your darlings
oh my next check is next Friday too! Yup just a few weeks more...and im getting really nevousssssss!:eek:

hi! i'm wk 17 expecting twins. would like to join this forum and learn from u ladies. i'm a first time mother to be.

@finfin u can start buying a little now if u want...cos later ard say in late 2nd trimester /3rd trimester eg week32 like me cannot walk too long /far as getting so heavy and also pee often /stomach hardening /hand pain etc..

Im week 19 now. One boy n another one dunno gender yet so kinda hard to shop. Hope can see it during my detail scan next week. N i have problems dunno how to shop for twins. Im 1st time mother. I grab the breast pump , bottles n a double stroller last month during baby fair. Cloths I really dunno i need to buy how many.

Im also 1st time mum to be:)

@jocelynlimse u are going well with starting with breastpump, stroller :) for bottles they say dun get too many first as duno if bbs like cos some very fussy with the type. Then for clothes do u hv pre-loved ones from friends /relatives? While can get some basics like onesies body, booties/mittens/bb caps-- I got like say 6 of body, then 2 sets each of booties and mittens, bb caps x4, swaddle clothes ard 10pcs as figured out hv to use often

oh! I got them all in white or neutral colours so it is easy to give either one wear

let us know if you can see if it is bb, bg or gg ya. i am in my 17weeks as well and is going for scan on friday :)
Doc confirmed one baby girl. The other one he not certain as he initially see a boy then say look like girl also. So he can't confirm on 2nd one. They are both facing down during the scan.. eg. Back view. The girl one we are looking in btw the butts. So seem obvious that there is nothing there. Unless it's dangling down. Haha. He said next detailed scan will be more obvious. Next scan will be my FA scan.

Doc confirmed one baby girl. The other one he not certain as he initially see a boy then say look like girl also. So he can't confirm on 2nd one. They are both facing down during the scan.. eg. Back view. The girl one we are looking in btw the butts. So seem obvious that there is nothing there. Unless it's dangling down. Haha. He said next detailed scan will be more obvious. Next scan will be my FA scan.
time to shop for pink clothings!

time to shop for pink clothings!
I am waiting for the 5th mth to confirm the 2nd gender. Come to realize two girls expenses can be quite high. Everything need to get in pairs. Like dress, hair accessories, bag, etc. Haha. Boys more straightforward. Only clothes.

I am waiting for the 5th mth to confirm the 2nd gender. Come to realize two girls expenses can be quite high. Everything need to get in pairs. Like dress, hair accessories, bag, etc. Haha. Boys more straightforward. Only clothes.

i see the stroller already stress... and the baby cot x 2 !

but to think on the other hand, it is double blessing! haha

Im also 1st time mum to be:)

@jocelynlimse u are going well with starting with breastpump, stroller :) for bottles they say dun get too many first as duno if bbs like cos some very fussy with the type. Then for clothes do u hv pre-loved ones from friends /relatives? While can get some basics like onesies body, booties/mittens/bb caps-- I got like say 6 of body, then 2 sets each of booties and mittens, bb caps x4, swaddle clothes ard 10pcs as figured out hv to use often

Ya the bottles i bought 2 starter set only. One for each baby. I dont have anyone to pass down their preloved baby cloths unless if i'm having a girl. Hope next week 20weeks scan xan see the other one gender. I bought a lot of onesize too. Try to get unisex colour like white and grey. Dunno gender very difficult to shop la. Hahahahaha

ooo just got back from scan today wow!!! At 32 weeks, girl 2.1kg and poor boy only 1.4kg! aiyoh even my doc said girl considered big for her gestational age..only can pray boy catch up so no need nicu!! Else scary to think of cost which is $2k a day!

ooo just got back from scan today wow!!! At 32 weeks, girl 2.1kg and poor boy only 1.4kg! aiyoh even my doc said girl considered big for her gestational age..only can pray boy catch up so no need nicu!! Else scary to think of cost which is $2k a day!
wah, good weight for gal gal. but did dr show any concern on the difference of the weight? hope boy to catch up soon.

wah, good weight for gal gal. but did dr show any concern on the difference of the weight? hope boy to catch up soon.
not really as all other measurements like blood flow all normal..he said just hv to monitor closely ..so going for another scan 2weeks later. U? Are both ur bbs almost same weight?

so far still about the same, different by 100g. last check at 29w, gal 1.4 & boy 1.5
so good weight! I think cos of the way the placenta is attached ..my girl placenta attached more firmly while boy placenta a bit not absorbing well aka a little notch on previous scans..so made the differences..trying to up protein intake now

Where are you delivering? I went into labour at week 34 without knowing I was having contractions. Was just going for routine check up and ctg. couldn't stop contractions so had to deliver. My elder girl was the smaller one 1.92kg. Stayed in nicu for 10 days until she was 2kg then dr willing to release her. Younger one was 2.38kg stayed one day nicu for observation. At tmc it cost 1k to 1.5k a day. Big hole in pocket. Jia you! Hold as long as you can!

Where are you delivering? I went into labour at week 34 without knowing I was having contractions. Was just going for routine check up and ctg. couldn't stop contractions so had to deliver. My elder girl was the smaller one 1.92kg. Stayed in nicu for 10 days until she was 2kg then dr willing to release her. Younger one was 2.38kg stayed one day nicu for observation. At tmc it cost 1k to 1.5k a day. Big hole in pocket. Jia you! Hold as long as you can!
huh!! must be such a stressing moment! im with nuh..but as $2k per day for nicu is tied to my ward A, if they downgrade me should be lesser but my hb cannot stay over with me..but may I ask if u walked much towards the end ard week 33?

wah, tangoesrulez, tat's a big sum of amt but lucky they dun have to stay long. may i know how much is total bill? now i keep having BH and cramp, and i dunno whether it's contraction or not. hope i can hold as long as possible. do you still working before u deliver? i will only start my HL next month which means i will be at my 34w. Not sure whether it's feasible or not.

yes, i have started the coconut water this week. but will only have one per week. how many u consumed per week?
i only take once a week so far..thinking to take 2 cos sooo warm these days..but dunno if ok to take 2?

i also very much BH and cramps these days..i hope bbs can stay in there till week 37..scared leh..cos read like many with twins very unpredictable...

Hi hi....I found this link.
Hi @Lambi *waves*
Me at 20 weeks & having twins too...no idea on confirmed gender. Waiting for FA scan to determine....

Back