Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Have to wait for 3 menses b4 my FET. So now considered 1st menses, should be another 2 - 3 months more. I think more 3 months than 2 months. Maybe in Aug. haiz... that is the agonising thing... I just wanna start again asap!!!
I think we will be buddy cycle.
Dont rush yourself, recover and get ready physically and mentally.
My menses yet to come, hope that it will come once i stop the progynova

@lucasmum11 What did Prof said this morning? Anything that you can improve for the next FET?
you are still around! I was wondering where u were!!! thanks! Prof says to talk abt details later, maybe next month. he only told me need 3 menses so the lining will be ready cos i was eager to start immediately. So now just monitor hcg drop.

Last edited:
My BT for hormones no good as there is no surge after gonal f for 4 days though the follies grow. Had to rush back to collect pergoveris for additional stims. Nurse say if no surge, follies can collapse. So it's 2 inject in the morning then gonal f at night. The morning injections are quite a hand to do.. N it's also more painful argh...

Any of you had to do the pergoveris too?

I took pergovaris since day 1 stim. I hate that jab! It has a stinging sensation. But like what @happybb2015 says, after a while u'll get use to it.
I think I'll prefer to take the jabs then to take the medicine vaginally. Dread that the most since I embarked on this IVF. Gonna ask the husband to help me with those!

So v soon we will see people queuing at NUH lobby just to sit on that happy huat sofa haha...
That sofa position v strategic leh, cos look up can see chr.
Hubby waved BT report from up there & called me to tell me POSITIVE!!!! I would have loved him to shout down actually but think he paiseh lah :p
is that the long sofa near the lift u girls referring to? if it is then im sure it is special as on my bt day I sat there and chr called to inform good news:)

I took pergovaris since day 1 stim. I hate that jab! It has a stinging sensation. But like what @happybb2015 says, after a while u'll get use to it.
I think I'll prefer to take the jabs then to take the medicine vaginally. Dread that the most since I embarked on this IVF. Gonna ask the husband to help me with those!

Is pervagoris syringe injection?n not pen injection?I did menopur with gonal-f n menopur is syringe injection...is quite painful n not easy to administer...needle thicker as well...is pervagoris something like that?....:confused:

Gotta get myself mentally prepared...in case prof wong proposes the same protocol...

@queby77
I did menopur jabs which stung/burned, so I slowly released the menopur liquid out bit by bit instead of released all at a go. This helped to reduce its burning pain for me. Try releasing pergovaris bit by bit slowly into your body?

@MonkeyChick
When I did menopur jab first time, I did it in a hurry and pushed down the syringe quickly ... Ouch it gave me stomach pain for 3 hours. The needle was blunt too, I had to STAB myself hard lol in order for it to go in!

Last edited:
@queby77
I did menopur jabs which stung/burned, so I slowly released the menopur liquid out bit by bit instead of released all at a go. This helped to reduce its burning pain for me. Try releasing pergovaris bit by bit slowly into your body?

@MonkeyChick
When I did menopur jab first time, I did it in a hurry and pushed down the syringe quickly ... Ouch it gave me stomach pain for 3 hours. The needle was blunt too, I had to STAB myself hard lol in order for it to go in!

Lol...Yeah man...I thot I almost broke the needle coz it's blunt n thick(thicker than pen injection)...not easy to prick through..my first poke was bruised...there r 2 needles, 1 for mixing which is the much much thicker one...my heart stopped for a sec when I first saw it..thinking that's the needle for jabbing...cold sweat...:confused:

i hope pervegoris needle will b nice to me if I'm prescribed with it...o_O

Is pervagoris syringe injection?n not pen injection?I did menopur with gonal-f n menopur is syringe injection...is quite painful n not easy to administer...needle thicker as well...is pervagoris something like that?....:confused:

Gotta get myself mentally prepared...in case prof wong proposes the same protocol...
Pergovaris is a syringe injection. Similar to Cetrotide where u got to mix the solvent (powder) with the solution (liquid). It has 150iu of gonal f in it. So morning I jab pergovaris & night another 150iu of gonal f pen. Needle is thicker too but for me, poking the needle is not painful. The pain is when I inject the liquid inside.
For me, among all the jabs that I took, pergovaris is the mother of all pain. Hahaha. It's like I've gone thru pergovaris, all the others are nothing. LOL
But let's not scare ourself. We are strong women hence we took this journey. Nothing can stop us. Not even pergoveris. ;)

@MonkeyChick
Err... I remembered wrongly. My hormone is not Menopur, it's Cetrotide. Need to mix, 2 needles and in syringe too. When are you starting your fresh cycle?

Last edited:
Any idea why some of u start day one stims with menopur or pergoveris? I tot standard is gonal f only
I was also preparing myself for just gonal f at first cuz I heard it's the least painful jab. When dr anu prescribed me with pergovaris on day 1, I was stunned cuz I read that this is the most painful jab of all! Didn't prepare myself for this. Most will be prescribed with pergovaris only on day5 of stim if I'm not wrong.
Not really sure why I was prescribed with pergovaris on day 1 cuz I didn't ask. But my LH was low when I started. Probably that was the reason?

Pergovaris is a syringe injection. Similar to Cetrotide where u got to mix the solvent (powder) with the solution (liquid). It has 150iu of gonal f in it. So morning I jab pergovaris & night another 150iu of gonal f pen. Needle is thicker too but for me, poking the needle is not painful. The pain is when I inject the liquid inside.
For me, among all the jabs that I took, pergovaris is the mother of all pain. Hahaha. It's like I've gone thru pergovaris, all the others are nothing. LOL
But let's not scare ourself. We are strong women hence we took this journey. Nothing can stop us. Not even pergoveris. ;)
I've never experienced pergovaris so I can't contribute. I was on only gonal-f 150 & cetrotide throughout my stims.
But I'm curious, how come cetrotide needs to do mixing?? Mine came as individually wrapped ready-to-jab syringes. Yes, the needle is definitely much thicker than gonal-f pen!!!

Ladies I actually released some not-so-gd news yesterday too. Just wanna give an update & share what happened.
Went to my MtA gynae yesterday afternoon since Prof already released me. My cramps has subsided but I thought I should just start seeing her early since I need an answer to what's happening.
To my shock & horror, she told me that she can't accept me as her patient cos she feels my pregnancy is too highrisk due to a large fibroid. She then went on & on abt how I may give birth at 28weeks & end up paying a mountain of bills for bb's intensive care if I opt for MtA. When I asked her for an mc to cover me yesterday, she said that I should not just mc for a day, I should mc & rest at home until I deliver!!!
She advised me to follow up with NUH Prof Biswas (or any NUH Dr).

@lucasmum11 @happybb2015 lots of hugs and jia you!
I was at nuh yesterday as well. Will be doing 2nd iui on Friday. Was hoping prof can do it before he leave but the timing is not right. Dr. Anu did the 1st one for me as well. She performed it so fast that I thought to myself what's the hurry.

Sorry I accidentally sent without finish typing!!
Yup to continue my story..
I called NUH & found out that Prof Biswas is only earliest avail on 29may (3.5wks' time so long!!). But I'm dying to clarify whether MtA gynae was just being kua zhang or am I really in such high risk. Now I don't dare to go back to work.
What should I do now? Find another private gynae to get 3.5wks of MC while waiting for Prof Biswas? Or go back NUH a&e to clarify what MtA gynae said?
I'm v puzzled cos a few Drs knew I'm preg w a large fibroid (Prof wong, Dr chew & a&e Dr Shakina) but none of them told me I'm so highrisk that I should stay home till I deliver!!!

I called NUH & found out that Prof Biswas is only earliest avail on 29may (3.5wks' time so long!!). But I'm dying to clarify whether MtA gynae was just being kua zhang or am I really in such high risk. Now I don't dare to go back to work.
What should I do now? Find another private gynae to get 3.5wks of MC while waiting for Prof Biswas? Or go back NUH a&e to clarify what MtA gynae said?
I'm v puzzled cos a few Drs knew I'm preg w a large fibroid (Prof wong, Dr chew & a&e Dr Shakina) but none of them told me I'm so highrisk that I should stay home till I deliver!!!
Did you try to call up NUH and explain to them your concerns? For my fren's sil case, they slotted her in early as well.

Did the MtA gynae do a scan on the location of the fibroid before she made her diagnosis? The specific location of fibriod determines its risk. Some gynaes are more KS than others. There were pregnant women who had fibriods and their gynaes didn't think it would affect their pregnancy.

If I am you, I would do these:
  • today see NUH doctors to clarify MtA gynae's diagnosis
  • tomorrow see another private gynae to get MC to stay at home for a few weeks, and also seek third opinion on MtA gynae's diagnosis.
I'm sure NUH doctors have seen many high risk cases over the years and at A&E. I know NUH doctors see pregnant women for regular checkups and deliver babies too. They would have said something if the fibriod is such a big risk to your pregnancy.

The unknowns give fear and stress us up, so I would quickly go see NUH doctors and another gynae to double and triple check. Meantime, have lots of bed rest.

Please try out @rach_07 's suggestion to get early time slot too.

Last edited:
I was also preparing myself for just gonal f at first cuz I heard it's the least painful jab. When dr anu prescribed me with pergovaris on day 1, I was stunned cuz I read that this is the most painful jab of all! Didn't prepare myself for this. Most will be prescribed with pergovaris only on day5 of stim if I'm not wrong.
Not really sure why I was prescribed with pergovaris on day 1 cuz I didn't ask. But my LH was low when I started. Probably that was the reason?

Girls, no scAred no scared. Not as bad and pain as I think cos you can slowly inject. My day 5 morning stims starts with cetrotide and pergoveris then tonight another gonal. What is LH? I was told my hormones didn't increase so PG was prescribed. Is it the same?

For majority of my frens who have fibroids, private gynae tend to be more KS and won't take up the case. Main reason is the fear of excessive blood loss during delivery hence they direct my frens to govt hosp.

I think if you do not experience any major symptoms like spotting, cramps etc, ok to go work.

Try not to think too much and relax for now.

Did the MtA gynae do a scan on the location of the fibroid before she made her diagnosis? The specific location of fibriod determines its risk. Some gynaes are more KS than others. There were pregnant women who had fibriods and their gynaes didn't think it would affect their pregnancy.

If I am you, I would do these:
  • today see NUH doctors to clarify MtA gynae's diagnosis
  • tomorrow see another private gynae to get MC to stay at home for a few weeks, and also seek third opinion on MtA gynae's diagnosis.
I'm sure NUH doctors have seen many high risk cases over the years and at A&E. I know NUH doctors see pregnant women for regular checkups and deliver babies too. They would have said something if the fibriod is such a big risk to your pregnancy.

The unknowns give fear and stress us up, so I would quickly go see NUH doctors and another gynae to double and triple check. Meantime, have lots of bed rest.

Please try out @rach_07 's suggestion to get early time slot too.
I went to MtA gynae with main intention to ask her abt the cramps. Cos it's 1st visit, she said she scan me 1st before we discuss further.
During the scan the moment she saw the big fibroid, she got "excited" & went on & on abt how dangerous it is. When I tried to ask her abt the cramps, she just said cramps are normal, no bleeding means ok, then continued going on& on abt the fibroid!!!!

I went to MtA gynae with main intention to ask her abt the cramps. Cos it's 1st visit, she said she scan me 1st before we discuss further.
During the scan the moment she saw the big fibroid, she got "excited" & went on & on abt how dangerous it is. When I tried to ask her abt the cramps, she just said cramps are normal, no bleeding means ok, then continued going on& on abt the fibroid!!!!

She sounds too 'excited' to me. It seems that she has some phobia on fibroids leh. She may have been freaked out by some complicated delivery in the past.

Go seek alternative opinions from other doctors and update us here on what they said about your case.

Please try your best to stay calm as your baby will feel mummy's stress hormones.

Who is your mt A gynae? I had fibroid during preg... 7 cm at its biggest.. no issues.. but really depends on size of fibroid also and position. U may wanna seek a third opinion. Some gynae are naturally more kiasi type as well. I know Peter Chew is a good high risk gynae. My #1 gynae Kenneth Lee at Mt A is good too.

Omg... I am suddenly having cold sweat and feel like fainting while on the train. Is it too crowded or something is wrong?

Hai...

I got to rush out n take a seat

Who is your mt A gynae? I had fibroid during preg... 7 cm at its biggest.. no issues.. but really depends on size of fibroid also and position. U may wanna seek a third opinion. Some gynae are naturally more kiasi type as well. I know Peter Chew is a good high risk gynae. My #1 gynae Kenneth Lee at Mt A is good too.
I better not reveal her name here, later spoil her reputation cos she's quite popular.
My fibroid is 7.5cm now located at top of uterus within the wall.
Before my FET it was only 5cm that's y prof said just leave it. Din expect it to grow so fast.
Was your fibroid eating into bb's space?

I better not reveal her name here, later spoil her reputation cos she's quite popular.
My fibroid is 7.5cm now located at top of uterus within the wall.
Before my FET it was only 5cm that's y prof said just leave it. Din expect it to grow so fast.
Was your fibroid eating into bb's space?
My fibroid started off as maybe 2.5 cm only. Is same position as u but outside the womb so doesn't affect baby. Perhaps since ur already 7.5 cm at first trim, maybe small reason to worry cuz it may double that size by end of your preg. Better to seek third opinion.

Thks gals for your practical suggestions, they make a lot of sense! It all proves to show that an anxious brain can't think straight!

Dear all,
I am still feeling cramp and sore breast. Is this normal?
Most prob still the lingering effects from the hormone meds. Wait out for AF, things should get back to normal once new cycle starts.
FET got less meds, effects should clear faster than fresh cycle?

Omg... I am suddenly having cold sweat and feel like fainting while on the train. Is it too crowded or something is wrong?

Hai...

Yes I sometimes feel breathless on a crowded train. I have asthma background. Ventilation of old trains are not good and make them stuffy.

The fainting spell can be due to low blood sugar too. Did you take your breakfast before the train ride? Put some candies in your bag, eat them on the rides to help your blood sugar?

Dear all,
I am still feeling cramp and sore breast. Is this normal?

I am getting cramp and nausea from even the low dose of mercilon. Think it's normal. It will take a few weeks for your body to get rid of the artificial hormones and adjust back.

Last edited:
Eh why I stop nore on sat liao af still not here? Is it hibernating? *twiddling fingers * getting impatient!

Hai...

Please eat well breakfast and sit down if possible. Although i do not have much symptoms during stim except for bloated, i feel much better when i sit. Bring a shawl with you when travelling on train. Take care

Most prob still the lingering effects from the hormone meds. Wait out for AF, things should get back to normal once new cycle starts.
FET got less meds, effects should clear faster than fresh cycle?
I have sore breast after taking progynova. Will continue monitoring. Thanks everyone

Eh why I stop nore on sat liao af still not here? Is it hibernating? *twiddling fingers * getting impatient!
I am waiting for my menses too...be patient and it will come. Btw, prof should have schedule you for the scan after Nor E stopped. Thurs or Fri?

Yes I sometimes feel breathless on a crowded train. I have asthma background. Ventilation of old trains are not good and make them stuffy.

The fainting spell can be due to low blood sugar too. Did you take your breakfast before the train ride? Put some candies in your bag, eat them on the rides to help your blood sugar?
I am on NEL line and train is packed like sardine daily. Gosh... I ate before heading out..... I was so damn worried just now and suddenly broke down in tears... Like going to faint

Please eat well breakfast and sit down if possible. Although i do not have much symptoms during stim except for bloated, i feel much better when i sit. Bring a shawl with you when travelling on train. Take care
Thanks but definitely no seat. To be able to board the train is already not easy... I can't imagine.....

Thanks but definitely no seat. To be able to board the train is already not easy... I can't imagine.....
Try to put some food in ur bag.. ur stomach cannot be empty.. anw is normal for first trim... if u have those calming essential oil like lemon or lavendar is also good to put in ur bag. When u feel like fainting u smell it make u feel better and good for nausea also.

Try to put some food in ur bag.. ur stomach cannot be empty.. anw is normal for first trim... if u have those calming essential oil like lemon or lavendar is also good to put in ur bag. When u feel like fainting u smell it make u feel better and good for nausea also.
I took breakfast before heading out leh. Could it be low blood or low sugar? Was just so scared.. Like going to collapse.. Oh man

Back