Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Gal, how are you feeling now? Still on panadol intake?
I've this very sharp prolonged pain on the right for past one week. Gynae couldn't really pinpoint the exact cause till now after 3 visits. I'm surviving on Panadol now.

Any mommies here experienced fibroid degeneration or round ligament pain during pregnancy before? Cos these 2 seem to be most suspicious.
Do you think it would be possible for you to seek a 2nd opinion?

Good morning everyone! Woke up early to Q for vegetarian Bee Hoon today. Super long Q....

@kammybear, so you have decided on the doc? EDD is when? So far so good?

@hi_mei, @Vinka, @moo3moo & @Lambi... Take care and all the best! Start to prepare your hospital bags lo.
All at KKH? Do share your birthing experiences over there! Of course, BB and you all comes first. Do drop by as there are so many things to learn from you all ladies.

Hope one day I can pass down my tiny weeny experience to others as well :)

@bff: let's gambatte! I like December cos is a cheerful and happy month to me :)

So far, I only wat's app friends and kept in contact this way since ART begins. Friends like to talk about their job switch with me, so I go along with that. When they ask about my health, I will just say TTC. But when they start to want to meet up, I will be less responsive.

For my case, most are talking about their career progression and prospects etc.. They are all in the management level already, either managers or directors.. I'm the only odd one.. Somemore, not working now. At one stage, I felt I'm no longer in the same pace as most of my peers... Feel inferior at one time...and cried.

But luckily, I got strong support from my hubby.... Everyone has their own path.. At some point, we will divert and connect. Got to learn how to let it goes lo.

Haha like in here.. I might not know all of you from the start but now know each other now lo. Haha.

For my case, most are talking about their career progression and prospects etc.. They are all in the management level already, either managers or directors.. I'm the only odd one.. Somemore, not working now. At one stage, I felt I'm no longer in the same pace as most of my peers... Feel inferior at one time...and cried.

But luckily, I got strong support from my hubby.... Everyone has their own path.. At some point, we will divert and connect. Got to learn how to let it goes lo.

Haha like in here.. I might not know all of you from the start but now know each other now lo. Haha.

I'm not working also. After ur bb is born U will start to wonder if u ever go back work U will confirm miss ur bb can't bear to leave him or her

I'm not working also. After ur bb is born U will start to wonder if u ever go back work U will confirm miss ur bb can't bear to leave him or her

I know what you mean... I have more or less let it goes. Now focus on BB first... My priority for now. :)

今天有今天的烦恼、明天有明天的担忧。哈哈。要看开啊!不然、日子难过。

@idazahs: you seems very busy with work... Don over worked and stress yourself. Take good care dear.....

Thx gal! Yea...im pretty over worked & it sucks. Because I feel guilty tht I ain't giving enough attention & rest for my cuties. I'm trying to cut down on doing work over the weekends so tht I can rest more. But end up last few weekends I've had family events to attend so I'm still not resting!

Just waiting to be bigger so tht I can give excuses & stay at home. Being 4 months plus, so many ppl keep commenting my tummy is small (they dunno its twins!). Tht kinda gets me down at times....I keep having to explain its Curz im tall & my torso is longer. Grrr!

I'm considering not going back to work after giving birth!! Haha. But I don't dare tell my husband yet. Will have 2 & I think I'll not have the heart to say bye & go look after other ppl's children all day! (I love my job but I think it's gonna be different once have our own.)

I'm considering taking no pay leave after maternity leave. I don't want to send my princess to infant care too soon. Perhaps after 7 months or so would be good.
I just passed my gestational diabetes test. At least now we know i don't have gd, i can relax a bit. Always so jittery abt what comes next.
I still have abt 2+ montjs to go but can't believe how soon it will be. Deciding on what to pack for the hospital these few days.

wah!! 2 wks time! after u n lambi, it shd be my turn o_O, either end may or early jun if full term.
all preparations are finished? which hospital r u giving birth at? natural or c-sect?
my bb not yet turn, so I worry might have to c-sect..
im actually week 32 this tues...crossing fingers not early cos twins very unpredictable even my gynae specializing in twins cannot pin-point which week..but he is aiming at week 37 for my c-sect..which is ard 2nd week of june:eek:

Ok! Gd luck for ur 2nd try! ;)

Thanks! Actually my actual EDD is early Jun but I heard bb can come anytime from 37weeks so 37 weeks is considered full term. Unless I understand wrongly! How is ur prep? Ur house finished packing alr? My stuffs all in a mess oh man...

Guess such things also cannot be controlled. U will have to go 2nd try sooner than later... My hubby also wants more kids but dunno if we can be blessed w more. Plus all my govt subsidy used up so every try is v ex now... For now, just enjoy ur pregnancy and the joys of ur first born. Very soon u will be feeling the kicks :) abt 18-20 weeks like tt.

No lor my prep very terrible haha. If I suddenly go into labour sure cham liao. Everything not prepared properly. How r u feeling? Heavier right? I am with KKH. Actually the doctor nv tell me head down or what so I dunno lei. Will natural if can. Think as long as before 38 weeks bb still has chance to turn. If not u can check w ur gynae if he has the ability to manually turn the baby. Some gynaes can do that, usu the more experienced ones.

Jiayou... Enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy. Will really miss it. I will miss the special bond w my baby. It's like only u and baby knows what is gg on all the time.
my edd 30/6 but gynae proposed week 37 c-sect due to space that means 2nd week of june ard 8th onwards very likely ..I will miss that feeling of kangarooing2 especially in trimester 2 but not really now when they are getting bigger and pushing against my innards...I hv difficulty breathing and turning in bed or just sitting on chair:(

oh on Friday finished washing my room, wiped down the walls, floor and windows ..so rid of much dust! then placed all bbs stuffs inside in a corner already..hv packed 1/2 my hospital/bb bag not finished with that yet..as for outside still messy:D

can feel the urge to pack things aka 'nesting' lol :D:p

Thx gal! Yea...im pretty over worked & it sucks. Because I feel guilty tht I ain't giving enough attention & rest for my cuties. I'm trying to cut down on doing work over the weekends so tht I can rest more. But end up last few weekends I've had family events to attend so I'm still not resting!

Just waiting to be bigger so tht I can give excuses & stay at home. Being 4 months plus, so many ppl keep commenting my tummy is small (they dunno its twins!). Tht kinda gets me down at times....I keep having to explain its Curz im tall & my torso is longer. Grrr!
I had also rather small tummy compared to others too..but when comes to late trimester 2 boom!! So in my opinion no need stress over it yet:p

my edd 30/6 but gynae proposed week 37 c-sect due to space that means 2nd week of june ard 8th onwards very likely ..I will miss that feeling of kangarooing2 especially in trimester 2 but not really now when they are getting bigger and pushing against my innards...I hv difficulty breathing and turning in bed or just sitting on chair:(

oh on Friday finished washing my room, wiped down the walls, floor and windows ..so rid of much dust! then placed all bbs stuffs inside in a corner already..hv packed 1/2 my hospital/bb bag not finished with that yet..as for outside still messy:D

Though tiring, u must be feeling happy preparing for bbs' arrival.
I intend to do up bb room early once I know bb gender cos I wouldn't be feeling too heavy yet.. but hubby keeps saying "so gan chiong for what?!?" But I'm so excited I can't wait for bb to arrive mah..
Our house is currently super child-unfriendly, even our friends jokingly commented when they visit. Think I'd have lots to do these coming months..

Though tiring, u must be feeling happy preparing for bbs' arrival.
I intend to do up bb room early once I know bb gender cos I wouldn't be feeling too heavy yet.. but hubby keeps saying "so gan chiong for what?!?" But I'm so excited I can't wait for bb to arrive mah..
Our house is currently super child-unfriendly, even our friends jokingly commented when they visit. Think I'd have lots to do these coming months..
yup! very happy and excited to prep! esp we all in this thread waited until neck super longgg already lol:p yeah do a little as u go along so u dun get overwhelm later..like me i went shopping when i know genders hehe and bought some ex bb clothes ..I sometimes dun mind spend some on bb quality stuffs although they outgrow very fast I intend to keep some as momento;)

Hi all I am new here, may I know what's the cost and procedures or IVF? I conceived naturally for my first 2 kids but bcos my younger gal hv Down Syndrome I am very worried to try for a 3rd child.. Can I hv some advice pls...

Yep think u will have to slowly cut down as u approach third trimester as u will be more tired.... Do take care ok.

Hehe our babies may be born ard same time if I make it to 40 weeks!
Yeah agree it seems harder to breathe. I am always breathless in the morn. More tired also. Walk a bit leg pain, foot pain, back pain.
Wah ur nesting instinct v strong. Must learn from u. Today I just spend a bit of time putting baby's clothes to wash then cannot take it, went to sleep. Haha. Ur baby will come home to a beautiful and warm home!

Yep think u will have to slowly cut down as u approach third trimester as u will be more tired.... Do take care ok.

Hehe our babies may be born ard same time if I make it to 40 weeks!
Yeah agree it seems harder to breathe. I am always breathless in the morn. More tired also. Walk a bit leg pain, foot pain, back pain.
Wah ur nesting instinct v strong. Must learn from u. Today I just spend a bit of time putting baby's clothes to wash then cannot take it, went to sleep. Haha. Ur baby will come home to a beautiful and warm home!
not really very strong lah..just that I boliao at home then the messy room kept staring back at me screaming ''pack me now!!'':D:D

Hi all I am new here, may I know what's the cost and procedures or IVF? I conceived naturally for my first 2 kids but bcos my younger gal hv Down Syndrome I am very worried to try for a 3rd child.. Can I hv some advice pls...

Hi @bei.lim,

The cost and procedures of IVF may varies among hospitals. Depending on many factors such as:
1) You are aiming for government or private hospital. There will be govt grants given to those done in Government Hosp. ;
2) The type of medications given to you during the process etc.

There is a thread in this forum which you can find out more once you have decided where and which doctor you intend to visit.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group

Hope this can help you in some ways.

Lambi, more to buy when bb is out especially w a gal. I just went bkk shopping trip w a group of mummies. Feel vy broke now.. Ever since I know I having gal I have been buying things non stop n I m half glad that I no longer bf if not more things to invest..

I can exactly connect with what you have shared. I am supporting my parents from my savings and thus feeling this loss of financial freedom to spend, and living as frugal a life as possible. I felt inferior at one time too and felt upset when my hubby left me to do the dishes after meal. Thankfully, he realized and changed. When I met up with my friends just before ART (but they didn't know that I was going for it), they have nothing to ask me, except for, "What are you doing at home?" quite a few times. Makes me feel lousy. Overtime, though I feel lonely, but I thought that staying away from friends now face-to-face, is still the best solution.

yogurt is good and definitely ok:)
Thanks Lambi. I managed to ask my Dr and he confirmed that it would be ok too. I took Yoplait, the berries flavour, a little sour and thus it opens up appetite. I realised can't take near bedtime as the body needs time to digest protein and calcium. The berries flavour got a lot of tiny seeds which are not good, so maybe try strawberry one next time.

Weekends are precious times. Take a good rest. Size of tummy doesn't determine baby weight anyway. My friends who are slim, have tummies which are small, even when near delivery but babies are of above average weight.

No appetite too! So I ate little quantity but need to snack at odd hours... Some meals I'll crave for carbo
As long as you are eating, and your body feels ok, then it is good. When I try to eat beyond my limits, my nauseating feeling gets worse. So, I just take lesser than before, and wait a while for signal if can take more.

I can exactly connect with what you have shared. I am supporting my parents from my savings and thus feeling this loss of financial freedom to spend, and living as frugal a life as possible. I felt inferior at one time too and felt upset when my hubby left me to do the dishes after meal. Thankfully, he realized and changed. When I met up with my friends just before ART (but they didn't know that I was going for it), they have nothing to ask me, except for, "What are you doing at home?" quite a few times. Makes me feel lousy. Overtime, though I feel lonely, but I thought that staying away from friends now face-to-face, is still the best solution.

Ya, think both of us are in similar kind of situation... You are a SAHM? Staying with in laws or own?
Me too, I try to stay away from groups which make me feel negative.

Any mummies following up with NUH Gynaes?
My MtA gynae says my pregnancy is high risk of preterm labour due to big fibroid, she dare not take me in as her patient. She advised me go back to NUH.
She scare me big time cos Prof Wong nv mentioned to me abt this high risk thingy & she made it sound so serious!
Anyone has gd gynae in NUH to recommend for high risk pregnancy?

I hope so too.. But the sharp pain is constant prolonged pain which gynae says is possible but very rare for round ligament pain. I'm just glad that appendicitis is ruled out.
me having such pain too....breast pain too during sleeping. nowaday tend to have sudden wakeup and hardly back to sleep after that...

My MtA gynae says my pregnancy is high risk of preterm labour due to big fibroid, she dare not take me in as her patient. She advised me go back to NUH.
She scare me big time cos Prof Wong nv mentioned to me abt this high risk thingy & she made it sound so serious!
Hey, it's me!

Go for Prof Biswas

hey gal..hv pm u..yup prof Biswas!

Thanks Lambi. I managed to ask my Dr and he confirmed that it would be ok too. I took Yoplait, the berries flavour, a little sour and thus it opens up appetite. I realised can't take near bedtime as the body needs time to digest protein and calcium. The berries flavour got a lot of tiny seeds which are not good, so maybe try strawberry one next time.
why tiny seeds not good? I tot good for cleansing our intestines? yes best take yogurt in the morning or for teatime..but talking abt yogurt ..I did realised last yr when the ones I ate overseas are somewhat different than yogurt available locally then I read that the yogurt here mostly contains 'modified starch or cornstarch' ..u next time before buying go read the ingredients list. In my opinion, real yogurt shouldn't be containing these additives at all..very misleading and make us consumers pay a higher price for such 'yogurt' ..if can opt for greek or plain yogurt like what I do, then add your own honey/jam/fruits/nuts and mix :)

Lambi, more to buy when bb is out especially w a gal. I just went bkk shopping trip w a group of mummies. Feel vy broke now.. Ever since I know I having gal I have been buying things non stop n I m half glad that I no longer bf if not more things to invest..
wah bbk! I now go see qoo10 or online already fingers itchy!!:p

why tiny seeds not good? I tot good for cleansing our intestines? yes best take yogurt in the morning or for teatime..but talking abt yogurt ..I did realised last yr when the ones I ate overseas are somewhat different than yogurt available locally then I read that the yogurt here mostly contains 'modified starch or cornstarch' ..u next time before buying go read the ingredients list. In my opinion, real yogurt shouldn't be containing these additives at all..very misleading and make us consumers pay a higher price for such 'yogurt' ..if can opt for greek or plain yogurt like what I do, then add your own honey/jam/fruits/nuts and mix :)

Try Greek yogurt. ...
I do make overnight oats for breakfast. ..

No lor my prep very terrible haha. If I suddenly go into labour sure cham liao. Everything not prepared properly. How r u feeling? Heavier right? I am with KKH. Actually the doctor nv tell me head down or what so I dunno lei. Will natural if can. Think as long as before 38 weeks bb still has chance to turn. If not u can check w ur gynae if he has the ability to manually turn the baby. Some gynaes can do that, usu the more experienced ones.
I asked my gynae, he dun turn bb manually leh, said if I wanted to, he'll recommend me to another gynae o_O Anyway, no choice lah, just have to be mentally prepared n keep on talking to my bb.
Yes, very heavy now! My tummy feels like bursting most of the time, especially ard the belly button area... Today just started to pack my hospital bag, halfway done.

@Chubby1314 I plan to give birth @ TMC, follow my gynae.

Now I'm staying at in laws house, so I dun think I can tahan quit working to stay 24 hrs at home... if it's my own house, then might consider.
But I dun really care abt career progression & salary, so I just stay in this company which is very near home. Just wanna focus on giving birth & raising my children first :)

Wow, so hardworking! :) I dun have much nesting urge haha..
If I can last till 40 wks, my due date is 10 Jun, so it shd be same time as urs. If not then I'll be earlier? :eek::eek:
Same here! I have difficulty breathing n sleeping coz my bb hasn't turned down. Every night sleep n wake up every 2 hrs.. so sleepy during the day.

Thanks Chubby1314, I will check out the link :) for IVF is it true that DS can be totally eliminated?

Last edited:
Hi @bei.lim,

The cost and procedures of IVF may varies among hospitals. Depending on many factors such as:
1) You are aiming for government or private hospital. There will be govt grants given to those done in Government Hosp. ;
2) The type of medications given to you during the process etc.

There is a thread in this forum which you can find out more once you have decided where and which doctor you intend to visit.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group

Hope this can help you in some ways.

Thanks Chubby1314! The link doesn't seem to work can you resend to me? Thanks!

Thanks Chubby1314, I will check out the link :) for IVF is it true that DS can be totally eliminated?

Thanks Chubby1314! The link doesn't seem to work can you resend to me? Thanks!

Whether DS can be eliminated with IVF, I doubt so personally. Cuz mummies who conceived via ivf would still need to go through the usual tests like Oscar, Harmony Test etc to check for DS during week 10 to 14. IVF main purpose is to enable woman to conceive aka bfp..
Hence, these explains. I know where you are coming from.

Notwithstanding that, do address your concerns to health professionals as you have a history on this. i'm not sure whether there will any exception to this. Sorry for not helping much on this aspect.

As for the link, you can go to http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-3706#post-7943965

Just in case still doesn't work, you can go to: Forums/Matters of The Heart/IVF/ICSI Support Group

Stay Positive!

Ya, think both of us are in similar kind of situation... You are a SAHM? Staying with in laws or own?
Me too, I try to stay away from groups which make me feel negative.

I resigned at the peak of my career a year ago, as health wasn't too good, and also to think about ART. DH and I are both demoralized after TCM of more than a year. We are staying on our own, and thus, am thankful for that, to have that independence and privacy.

With food regurgitation, I try to minimise food that needs additional effort to digest. Thought that the tiny seeds cannot be digested by body, so trying not to eat them. Haha, forgot about the cleansing of intestine part:) Hey, I just checked out the ingredients: 1) Yoplait uses rice starch, no wonder, so feeling after eating; 2) Meiji uses modified corn starch. I will definitely check out plain/greek yoghurt!!! Thanks for highlighting.

Wow, so hardworking! :) I dun have much nesting urge haha..
If I can last till 40 wks, my due date is 10 Jun, so it shd be same time as urs. If not then I'll be earlier? :eek::eek:
Same here! I have difficulty breathing n sleeping coz my bb hasn't turned down. Every night sleep n wake up every 2 hrs.. so sleepy during the day.
hehe the hardworking one is the part time helper:p wah we r kinda close too! yeah every night I sure go pee at least 3-4 times!

hehe the hardworking one is the part time helper:p wah we r kinda close too! yeah every night I sure go pee at least 3-4 times!

Luckily i only go pee once every night on 3am after that continue sleep until 7am and go to work. This week will be my last week of work as i'm going to 39wks already. Look like baby like to stay inside don't want to come out but i felt very heavy now.

Luckily i only go pee once every night on 3am after that continue sleep until 7am and go to work. This week will be my last week of work as i'm going to 39wks already. Look like baby like to stay inside don't want to come out but i felt very heavy now.
All the best!!

frustrating.
2 weeks + ago, i did my oscar test. and the evening itself, the nurse called n inform that all my test went well.
i was totally relieved. until yesterday. had a routine appt with the gynae.

doc said my t21 (which is the one for DS) ratio isnt ideal. ...........................................................:(
he mentioned for me (age 33) , he is expecting at least 1:5000 for the adjusted risk. mine is merely 1:1300.
........................................i kw i might sound very dramatic but......................... walau eh......................................... sudd felt like dark clouds loomed over me.

i lost the first ivf baby due to delayed miscarriage. now this second one went thru lots of bleeding in the earlier weeks, lotsa progesterone jabs in my ass. And finally, when it all seems fine and stable, sudd i'm hit with this ratio..........................................................

of coz i paid another $1500 to get the panaroma (spelling?) test done yesterday. BUT TO WAIT 3-4 WEEKS FOR THE RESULTS to be out is kinda insane. i'm not the most patient person around already.
people say being a parent really test your patience. i'm already going thru the test!
Why like dat!

just needed to rant. and hoping mothers here could shed me some light also...
thank you for hearing me out... :oops:

Back