(2014) ivf mummies support group

My girl no break in taking the injection. After the 6 month she will be taking the optional influenza jab. Maybe 9 months onwards then got break.
My injections all are private due to her delay in her schedule and also private don't give 2 jabs at one goal as my girl cannot take it in terms of the health.
Faith want to ask you where is the baby swim class? Any website?
Btw i just realise for nestle cereal cannot put hot water to mix only lukewarm water as will damage the nutrients inside.
I should be starting porridge this week as my girl is 6 month today hehe.
Anyone know of any good lobang for play yard?
Btw carrier buy what brand got front facing? Is facing alright or not good?

My girl's swim class has been postponed to July due to the malfunction of the swimming pool's filtering system.

Lynn, I signed up with Happy Fish Swim School.

I bought Ergobaby 360 because of the front carry outward facing. Today we brought our girl to JB and it's the first time we carried her facing outwardly using Ergobaby 360. She loved it! She was very excited.

As for those hip seat carriers, I know some of us here have reservations on the usage as it may cause hip dysplasia but from what I had read is that as long as baby still sits in a frog leg position, there should not be any problem. So whatever carrier we are using, frog leg position is the key thing. Even Ergobaby carrier emphasises on the frog leg position.

My girl no break in taking the injection. After the 6 month she will be taking the optional influenza jab. Maybe 9 months onwards then got break.
My injections all are private due to her delay in her schedule and also private don't give 2 jabs at one goal as my girl cannot take it in terms of the health.
Faith want to ask you where is the baby swim class? Any website?
Btw i just realise for nestle cereal cannot put hot water to mix only lukewarm water as will damage the nutrients inside.
I should be starting porridge this week as my girl is 6 month today hehe.
Anyone know of any good lobang for play yard?
Btw carrier buy what brand got front facing? Is facing alright or not good?

Front facing is not necessary. Just use normal carrier like manduca, ergo or Tula. Btw u can try bought tula frm Europe wensite. I just ordered 1 piece. The amount I spend is cheaper then manduca n ergo. Coz Europe currency now is low so worth to get it.

I heard from one mummy friend who owns 2 ergo carriers, recently bought a Tula from Europe website, she commented that the straps of Tula is not as sturdy as ergo. I don't have any Tula, so I can't comment much on Tula.

I have a trial lesson for the girls at Aqua Duck this sun.

I bought boba 4g carrier and recently ordered Tula baby carrier cos I heard good reviews on it. I love my boba and theTula is for dh and hopefully he get used to using it. Haha

Cheery, u are good!! I am still trying to figure out how to go out with 2 of them cos my house not accessible to mrt which means I have to take cab. I don't know how to carry 2 of them in a cab or rather is impossible.

Bud u can go for ergo 360 cause got front facing option. For me thou some say hip seat not recommended but still a lot parents using. Guess more comfy for the mum especially when bb gets heavier.

I bring one already headache don't mention 2. My girls won't stay in stroller long especially when stroller not moving so I cannot bring them out together one cause there will be a time one or both wants to be carried.

Iwahb, I have a suggestion for you. Maybe you can find one day which you and DH are free, then both of you bring your twins out but you must do everything yourself. You can only activate your DH when things really go out of hands.

That's what I did. Initially I also didn't feel confident if I can handle my girl alone outside. But after a few tries with DH as a backup outside, I'm getting the hang of it.

i miss è days durin mat leave where i brg baby out in ergo on my own.. i hope 2hav that luxury when i start takin my mat leave bal mid may onwards...

muz start flash cards n read w/baby.. ifc teacher says baby may not show but they absorb a lot...

Joy, we bought the ETL Learning system for my girl at one of the baby fair. I spend about 1 hour reading to my girl using the books everyday. They have different themes: knowledge, values, creativity, English and mathematics. I also read 三字经 and 弟子规 and Chinese stories to my girl.

I speak to my girl in Mandarin and DH speaks to her in English. We want her to be trilingual. When she's older, we will teach her Malay.

whoa faith u seems to have a lot of activities plan for your girl. I am still living day by day with them. actually now out with dh with the twins I sure need activate him one lol. cause there will be time when one or both don't want to sit in stroller. what I do is only when I go downstairs I bring them along but less than 1hr I will be back. I cant go out long with them cause both bottle feed so if I alone I cant handle for sure. my girls very cry babies one seems difficult to handle. even my sil say they are so different from hers when young.

another thing when you all start weaning your bb do u let her try everything? I let them taste ice cream (vanilla ice cream) I let them taste lemon too lol. now that they start eating I thought let them taste all sorts.

Ya a lot of mummies warn about allergy and to intro same food for 3 days before introducing new one.

I realise the avent steam blender cannot steam carrot very well or mayb I never steam long enough. I tried the taste, not as soft as those we boiled in water.

Actually no need to keep giving new food to try out, my frien keep highlight to me jot slow down giving food after all solid food will be our LO intake in future. So slow down n them enjoy milk. Slowly give, till now I also rarely give. Only porridge on certain days. N the food is always the same. Bcoz small portion very difficult to cook plus use slow cooker to cook electricity bill sure goes up

I know of babies until 3 year old also don't know how to eat solid food and still drinking milk only. So better after 6 months can eat solid food like 2 meals already. My girl eating 2 meals of cereal with puree and also drinking milk. Nestle called me also say good to introduce real food like puree to them. I should be starting porridge coming week.
Avent steam blender very good to use. Small portion also can cook and blend. Joy maybe try use baby carrot or cut carrot to small piece. The water to steam is 200ml.

aspsue24, dun give too much carrots n pumpkin as it may result in the baby yellowing due to the beta carotene.. nhg nurse told me n gave me a guideline

Cannt take pumpkin, carrot n papaya too often.
Lynn, sometimes I give my boy up to 3 meals haha I already fed him thread fin fish, mince meat, tofu, button mushroom, grapes, asparagus, baby spinach n etc. My aunt fed him abit of white dragon fruit. But the seed cannot be digest so the poo can see the seed de.

I am starting iron fortified rice cereal tmr!! Mum is more excited than baby lolz...
I read from book that need to intro food at 6 months coz their iron reserve will be running out by then. So cannot drag too long too.

Book says... Citrus fruits, eggs, fish, nuts don't intro first for fear of allergies. Think ang mos more allergies? Start with yellow and orangey veg then greeny coz greeny taste is stronger... stick to same food for 3-5 days in case any allergy and it's easier to pin point.

Snow19, so what's your view on iAngel Carrier? Cannot use for baby?

Hmm during preg I saw my frien carry his bb gal on it n I thought of buying it n until I join the babywearing group the consultant are strongly against it n say is not good for the bb bone which add on the pressure to it. N there are a few picture n I personally seeing those wearing hip seat carrier. N I'm lucky I didn bought any hip seat carrier. Bcoz our bb spine is a C shape spine, n if u use hip seat carrier the bb got the tendency to lean forward which seems uncomfy for them. There's once I see this bb is slpping facing in front n the poor daddy got to use the hand to support the chin. Imagine if the daddy nv use hand to support the chin the head is like dangling down. N u can't kiss ur bb forehead n ur bb can't see u. N u can't feel the closure between u n the bb.
Personally I like those soft structure carrier at least I can kiss my boy, talk to him, play with him n etc.... This is what I feel la. there are still ppl who prefer hip seat carrier.
But there are ppl comment that when their bb gets heavier is difficult for them to use hip seat carrier because of the weight.

I also haven't start the Philip blender cause still solids not the majority now and they only tasting like 5-10spoons I don't want to use such big machine on so little puree. I go get those bottle Heinz type easier. Ok I am lazy! I try carrot puree on my elder yesterday. She seems ok with it. It's under nestle brand. But I heard for carrot just boil till soft and mash will do. Actually feeding them is a mess. Even few spoons enough to make the whole clothes and face dirty. Anyone facing this problem?

On the hip seat carrier thing I agree with faith I think as long as baby posture is good should be fine. Cause sometimes older baby heavy mummy spine also no good. Just make sure they sit in the correct position I think should be ok.

I just let my girls try a few spoonful of this and that. Maybe I feel since I eat everything and they on my bm so far so gd those I let them eat are those I eat before so shouldn't be that bad

As long as you place your baby in a frog leg position, it should be fine. Just google hip seat carrier and hip dysplasia. Any carrier you use, frog leg position is the key.

The term that I would prefer to use is the spread squat position rather than frog leg. This is because froggy position may lead to people thinking that all u need is to spread the legs and forget that the knees have to be higher than bum (squat )
For hipseat, u will definitely have the spread position but for some babies, u will not see the squat as the design of the carrier makes is difficult for knees to be higher than bum.
To me, this is not really the biggest concern that I have with hipseat but rather, it's that hipseat doesn't really give support to your baby's back as the design doesn't alow it to be tight. That's why I would not recommend hipseat for young babies who cannot sit yet and require good support on their developing spine

I also haven't start the Philip blender cause still solids not the majority now and they only tasting like 5-10spoons I don't want to use such big machine on so little puree. I go get those bottle Heinz type easier. Ok I am lazy! I try carrot puree on my elder yesterday. She seems ok with it. It's under nestle brand. But I heard for carrot just boil till soft and mash will do. Actually feeding them is a mess. Even few spoons enough to make the whole clothes and face dirty. Anyone facing this problem?

On the hip seat carrier thing I agree with faith I think as long as baby posture is good should be fine. Cause sometimes older baby heavy mummy spine also no good. Just make sure they sit in the correct position I think should be ok.

I just let my girls try a few spoonful of this and that. Maybe I feel since I eat everything and they on my bm so far so gd those I let them eat are those I eat before so shouldn't be that bad

Iwant hip seat carrier is more a concern of a back spine. Which is still on the way of developing

For the debate on whether hip seat carrier is good or not, I think to each his own bah.

I think most importantly, whatever carrier you use, you and your baby must feel comfortable in it.

If hip seat carrier is really not good, then why are they still selling so many brands in the market? In fact, the last baby fair at expo, I saw a lot more parents using hip seat carriers than soft structure carriers, shopping with their babies in it.

If hip seat carrier is really not good, then some professional experts must come out and say something for parents' awareness and there must be a ban to stop selling hip seat carrier.

I think after all, it's the same as feeding your baby BM or FM. All of us know BM is the best for babies but some of us still choose to feed our babies FM right from the start. Can we say their babies are not growing well? No lor. They are still growing well and healthily.

Iwahb, feeding solids is like that. Messy! But I will put the spoon in my girl's mouth until she empties the spoon then I pull out. It's less messy. At least it doesn't dirty her clothes.

There is baby expo fair today till Sunday. I'm going there to look out for blender.

Actually I saw the selling channel on Channel U and they are selling this blender called Rapido. It can also be used for making baby food. It costs $79.90. Don't know whether it's good or not.

There is baby expo fair today till Sunday. I'm going there to look out for blender.

Actually I saw the selling channel on Channel U and they are selling this blender called Rapido. It can also be used for making baby food. It costs $79.90. Don't know whether it's good or not.
Faith, avent is good as can steam then turn over to blend very save time and less washing. Actually i only got 1 for my mum's place then when at my house i steam using normal cooker then mash really very ma fan for me so i bought another one hehe. Watch their video http://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/SCF870_21/avent-avent-combined-steamer-and-blender

lynn-wow! this philip one looks great! hope not 2difficult 2wash..

faith-is é fair big? if u buy any materials/class 2teach ur baby malay do share yah.. i m also thinkin of exposin baby 2bahasa malayu.. easiest is 2get an indon helper.. but it's not in é plan now...

Yes hip seats or no lets just share our opinions openly :) I join the baby Wearing group too and understand that hip and front is a no no. Anyway no harm having more opinions.

Seriously I have the Avent blender but haven't explore how it works.

Faith faster go expo see since u stay near now. Go before u move over to the west

Thanks for the sharing on carrier... Going to start making purée in two weeks time... Don't feel like wasting money to get a blender...

Faith, is the fair big? Haha i am also staying near expo. I also tempted to get ergo 360. You use already good? Btw baby kingdom having avent blender sale with free plate set only $159.
Bb_hc, haha i also don't intend to get but after trying the manual way i give up and went to buy.
I am thinking of going kiddy toa payoh today to get high chair and some toy with my girl. But the weather raining very sian to go out.
Are you ladies going out today ? Any good program to share.
Btw you all use stroller bag? Can it be put behind the stroller? I put already the stroller with my girl fall backwards scare me.

lynn your bag is too heavy & stroller + your gal is lighter than the bag.. that's y imbalance in weight will cause the stroller to fall back

Lynn, I haven't gone to the fair yet. Since you stay near expo too, you should go to the fair. They also sell high chair, toys. Should be cheaper than kiddy palace. The fair is considered medium in scale I think. Not as big as the one in April.

lynn your bag is too heavy & stroller + your gal is lighter than the bag.. that's y imbalance in weight will cause the stroller to fall back
Omg then how huh. Only my girl become heavy then i can put behind stroller? So sad to have the bag but can't put at stroller. My girl is very light only 6.47kg last check.

Bud your bag is so heavy? If your stroller is heavy maybe can withstand the weight. My single stroller is quite sturdy so when put bag behind even without baby it doesn't flip backwards but my twin stroller being light weight will if no babies inside and a heavy bag behind. So always must be careful. R u getting the high chair I have? I find very comfy just looking at them sit inside lol.

I also want to get more toys. Thou they don't really play now but seeing toys just makes me happy haha.

Ya Cheery, my mum also scared I over feed on carrot, so I mix with brown rice, at least not that bad.

How much solid should they be eating during this period? One tablespoon of solid in the noon is it sufficient?

I went to the baby expo fair today. Nothing much there. I bought another 6 nursing bras and 2 packs of Merries Walkers diapers Size M. First time in a fair that I didn't see anyone queuing up for diapers. Haha!

There are Metro and Gain City sales there. The offer for Avent steamer and blender is better than the one at baby expo. But I didn't buy. Think we don't like the green part with lots of holes. Looks like very difficult to wash but we agree it's very convenient to have 2 in 1.

We decided to buy the Rapido blender from JML that we saw on Channel U. The steaming part we will just use the traditional way.

i wanted 2try 2get more cloth books for my baby.. n also try 2read more.. hav 2remind myself can't b too slack..

for food i m still thinkin 2start some brown rice powder at abt 6m.. i like é part it is made in spore...

Back! Busy week for me! Joy u mean moon rabbit? My girls seems ok taking that just I a bit lazy feed cause very messy. I love cloth books. My girls like to bite with it!

My girls haven't know how to sit up by themselves or familiar with crawling yet. I got friends whose bb at 6mth can sit up herself and by 7mth crawl. Fast right.

How do you all feed the baby solid food? What kind of spoon to buy? What about drinking cup? Have you all bought?

I use Oxo Tot feeding spoon. I love it because the part that we put into the mouth is made of silicone, not plastic. You can buy it at kiddy palace. It's about $9.90. As for bowl, I use Zebra stainless steel bowl. Easy to wash and sterilise and doesn't need to worry about BPA free.

Drinking cup I bought pigeon spout cup but haven't used yet.

Back