Gynae cost and packages

I am thinking of Dr tham too...i have been searching for a gynae online and he is the only gynae i cant find a single negative review on. However, my husband prefers female gynae

Me too second Dr Benjamin Tham. He's humorous and yet strict on certain issues. He told the gender of my baby at 16 weeks. When he detected some issues during scans, he was also very precise in his explanation. He told me my condition is alright and not to google and read other peoples stories. True enough when we googled, the stories were not very encouraging. His words really put our minds at ease.
I look forward to all my visits.
Hahah strict on mummy's wt gain ..and his "If u gain too much weight . u need to go to Jean Yip for slimming :D:D

I highly recommend Dr tham too. I jus delivered in march with him. Throughout my pregnancy he was positive and assuring... he is quite strict on weight gain that is for sure.i put on 2kg within a mth he told me to watch my diet.. zzz.. but my overall weight gain was good so he didn't nag much. Will return to him again for my subsequent pregnancy

Ya! Dr Tham told me I'm going weight too fast and he's gonna send me to Jean Yip. Or Marie France if I prefer. Haha. Strict but I'm sure he has good intentions.

Just went for my yearly Pap smear appt with Dr Benjaimin Tham. Told him that he is so popular nowadays and he also mentioned that he had to turn away new patients so as not to compromise his service standards. But he jokely told me that he will sure deliver for his 'returned customers' and asked me to go for #3 since I enjoyed seeing him.

Just went for my yearly Pap smear appt with Dr Benjaimin Tham. Told him that he is so popular nowadays and he also mentioned that he had to turn away new patients so as not to compromise his service standards. But he jokely told me that he will sure deliver for his 'returned customers' and asked me to go for #3 since I enjoyed seeing him.
lol. no 3 is a lifelong liability leh!!!

Ya! Dr Tham told me I'm going weight too fast and he's gonna send me to Jean Yip. Or Marie France if I prefer. Haha. Strict but I'm sure he has good intentions.
gain less wt means it's easier for u to shed those extra pounds lo! not pretty to look so fat mah

I

I still prefer pap smear done by him. He's so much gentle. Got one time done in kkh, it was painful!

He also delivered my 1st son at KKH. That was 8 years ago.

Ya. He seems so much popular now.

He was very happy I didn't put on any weight for 1 month. Got gestational diabetes so cannot afford to anyhow eat.

I

I still prefer pap smear done by him. He's so much gentle. Got one time done in kkh, it was painful!

He was very happy I didn't put on any weight for 1 month. Got gestational diabetes so cannot afford to anyhow eat.
good job !

Hi,

I have been searching for a female gynae from Tmc or mount A, can someone recommend me and share with me the consultation fee and whether doc have package? Thanks!

Ha ha.... I told him seeing him once a year is good enough for me. I followed him from KKH when I was 9 mth plus preg and delivered at TMC within 3 weeks of transferring. Truly his supporter leh.
if i ever decide to have #2 i'd def go back to him if i can :)

I

I had GD too. Didn't dare to anyhow eat as well.. in fact I lost weight.

I am using Dr Claudine Tan and she is very assuring. Just delivered with her and she always make sure that I go thru proper scans that needed to ensure smooth delivery. I think for me the most important is that you trust your gynae and allows your life to be in her hands.

Took me a couple of gynae before confirming her and I feel assured and your hubby both must agreed too!

So far so good! She only delivers in TMC.

Just delivered at gleneagles, single ward via normal vaginal birth with epidural. Bill came up close to 10k, prior to medisave deductions. Within our expectations but still considered steep compared to my colleagues who delivered at TMC/Mount A.

My friend just delivered at Gleneagles, 2 bedded, normal del w/ epi. Total bill 6k+, medisave deduction $2100 so cash top up $4k+

Just delivered at gleneagles, single ward via normal vaginal birth with epidural. Bill came up close to 10k, prior to medisave deductions. Within our expectations but still considered steep compared to my colleagues who delivered at TMC/Mount A.
Hi so you have to pay 7+k?? How do u find the hospital? Who is your gynae??? Thank you

Hi so you have to pay 7+k?? How do u find the hospital? Who is your gynae??? Thank you
Hi, yup we paid about 8k cash after $2100 cash deductions. The facade of gleneagles may look older than Mount E but 'insiders' would consider it to be a very established premium hospital to deliver ur little one at :) the service is attentive and good. My gynae is Dr Irene Chua.

Hi, yup we paid about 8k cash after $2100 cash deductions. The facade of gleneagles may look older than Mount E but 'insiders' would consider it to be a very established premium hospital to deliver ur little one at :) the service is attentive and good. My gynae is Dr Irene Chua.
It is double of what my fren pay at tmc for csection....

This is my #1. Can anyone share with me a good Gynea whom you think he/she is good at stitching or experience with water bath?

This is my #1. Can anyone share with me a good Gynea whom you think he/she is good at stitching or experience with water bath?
Hello,

Congrats on your pregnancy! There are many good gynaes out there recommended by mummies. It depends on what u r looking for (doctor's personality, stance on delivery method (pro natural?), stitching skills, charges etc). My gynae is Dr Irene Chua from Gleneagles. Her charges are quite steep but she's good. Other popular doctors include Dr Benjamin Tham etc..

From some mtbs posts dr thams pkg is 800..normal delivery charge ks fr 1.6k. U may want to call to find out more?

Did Dr. Tham increase his package price? When I signed up in Feb 15, the package was $650 from 13 weeks onwards for normal gynae consultation and scan. (Think about 11 visits)

Did Dr. Tham increase his package price? When I signed up in Feb 15, the package was $650 from 13 weeks onwards for normal gynae consultation and scan. (Think about 11 visits)
i think price increase.
For my time when I saw him from last June when I bfp it was also 650.

For mommies follow dr Ben tham.. How is him during delivery huh? How about his stitchings and skill?
Hey ...not sure what u mean by "how is him during delivery" but I think his stitching is great. episiotomy + tear stitches healed v quickly

Hi everyone!
I'm a first time mum, but now that I'm coming to 18 weeks, i have done fair bit of homework by now. I would just like to share with everyone all the information I have received from my close friends and personal personal experiences with gynaes i have met so far...

Comments & rates on them:

1. MT A - Dr Esther Ng
1st Consultation: $150 / 2nd Consultation: $95
1st U/Sound: $95 / 2nd U/Sound: $45
Medications between $5 - $40
1st Blood Test: $170
(1st bill added up to $260)

20 weeks onwards package @ $950
Delivery Charges @ $3K (normal) / $4K+ (C-section)
Post delivery hospital visit @ $300 / visit

I see her personally for the first trimester, she is warm, friendly, assuring and in fact I like her as a Dr, but I felt there were instances where she didn't explain in details all the tests she put me through, and just send me for them (i.e. I wasn't informed what the first Trimester Screening Test was for except that it was a "detailed and routine check-up", I only found out it was to test for high/low risk and that it is called OSCAR test when I read on google). Her clinic assistant was so-so, she didn't tell me multi-vits cannot be taken with milk, again, I read that on google. When I asked her in the next visit, she told me "it's quite standard that you don't take supplements/medications with milk cos it lowers, interferes with absorption." Hm.. so I "SHOULD" know that, being a 1st time mum. Sure.

2. MT A - Dr Kenneth Edward Lee
I can't recall the 1st consultation charges with him, but is pretty reasonable for a private gynae (seen in 5 yrs ago), and I called him to enquire on this year's package:

12 weeks onwards package @ $900
Delivery Charges @ $2.5K (normal) but only if you sign up BEFORE JUNE, thereafter to be revised to $3K
Includes 1 post-natal session

My experience with him was a good one, he is patient, enthusiastic, passionate abt babies and very informative. In my first visit (then), I remembered he mapped out the progress of pregnancy all the tests I have to go through and provided lotsa advise. Sadly, that pregnancy ended before he could deliver me.

3. MT A - Dr Ho Hon Kwok
Didn't see him personally, so, I have no consultation charges to share.

20 weeks onwards package @ $1.4K
Delivery Charges @ $2.2K (normal) / $4K+ (C-section)

My my aunt who is high risk pregnancy swears by his stitching skills (you can google Dr Ho Hon Kwok Stitching and lots of good reviews will come up), if you read, you will find he is super experienced gynae.

4. KKH - Private Suite, Dr Khoo Chong Kiat
1st Consultation: $110
1st U/Sound: $31
Medications between $3 - $43
(1st bill added up to $205)

No package, just per visit till delivery.
Delivery Charges @ $2,675 (Normal) / $4,366 (C-section)
*I derived at these charges by deducting the hospitalization fee from the total bill size estimate cos KKH does not show breakdown but shows grouped up charges for both hospital & doctor. These are KKH Private Patient rate for A1 ward.

It was my first time visiting Dr Khoo yesterday and I find him very comfortable, not only warm and friendly, but can sense his enthusiasm even though it was already coming to the end of the day. He also provided me alot of informative details about what to expect in the coming trimesters and shows patience in answering all my questions. I am going to switch over to him instead.

And also, I find KKH very clear & transparent in all the charges, makes me feel much more comfortable overall.

I'd post in the next post, the price sheet they passed me so can share with all those interested.

20150522_115852_resized_1.jpg
20150522_115751_resized_1.jpg

Hi congrats! :)

You can check out Dr Ho Hon Kwok (6353 8833), Mt A, strongly recommended by my Aunt who swears by his stitching, she is quite fussy one.

For mommies follow dr Ben tham.. How is him during delivery huh? How about his stitchings and skill?
I am able to walk on the next day, attending all the classes conducted by TMC for my 2 delivery. No discomfort and my wound was healed within 2 weeks.

Any good female Gynea to recommend in TMC?
Popular ones incl Dr WK Tan, Dr Caroline Khi, Dr Sim Lee Ngor, Dr Adelina Wong, Dr Jocelyn Wong and Dr Eunice CHua...
Cant comment on the rest except dr wk tan cos I saw her many yrs ago. Didn't rly like the experience plus the waiting time is very long, almost like polyclinic -_-

I am using Dr Claudine Tan and she is very assuring. Just delivered with her and she always make sure that I go thru proper scans that needed to ensure smooth delivery. I think for me the most important is that you trust your gynae and allows your life to be in her hands.

Took me a couple of gynae before confirming her and I feel assured and your hubby both must agreed too!

So far so good! She only delivers in TMC.

Hi dear. Mind sharing how much does Dr Claudine Tan's charge for her doctor's fees? :) And how much do you spend on your hospital bills? :)

I can't remember cause i signed for the package which I guess less than 1k for 12 consultations. It's abit steep as compared to others. For my gynae fee on actual day delivery cause mine is c section so it's about 4k plus.

Hi everyone, I just went for my first visit and I had a really alarming bill cost to share with everyone.

Consultation: 135

Pharmacy
Cal Vit D Gummy: 26
Folic Acoid: 15
Multi-Vit: 15
Fish Oil: 50
Utrogestan: 45

Laboratory
Husband Blood test: 40 (Is this necessary?)
Routine Antenatal Profile : 90
U/S Pelvis : 220 (An appointed scan at Shaw House)
UltraSound Scan : 70

Procedure
Nurse Fee: 66
Routine Test: 10

Total Bill: $782
7% GST : $836.74

Can any experienced mummies in this forum give me some advice if this bill is really normal at all? I have seen through a lot of posts and none of them have 800 over dollars bill for their first check-up.

Btw, any west side mummies have any gynea recommendation or packages to share? Thank you so much.

P.S This clinic is GYNAEMD CLEMENTI PTE LTD

Back