IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi gals, what am I suppose to eat during stimulation stage? will kkh give us any advise or details on wat to eat or wat not to eat?

Yes, be realistic. Try not to compare urself with those women who are pregnant or already have children, it will only make u worse. What I feel most important is husband's support. I'm very blessed with a wonderful husband. I'm going through 2nd round fresh. I told myself I'm considered lucky to have a happy marriage and appreciate what God has given me even thought it might be without a child. With this, i feel less burdened and less stressful. It's nearing to my BT but I'm embracing myself to face whatever result is. Jus be prepared if it's going to be a negative. Sound negative but it's the reality of life.
Hi littlejo, gd luck to ur BT. I hope I can grab ur bb dust k. Jia you!

Char-mee
Blastocyst is how cells growth and which day aft ET?
Blastocyst is D5 after your eggs fertilizes, meaning cells are multuplied many times over. Dr says only the stronger embryos can last that long but would mean less chances for hopes. Of a dozen of eggs pick up, maybe only one or 2 can make it that far.

Hi everyone's, I new to this forum. First time IVF and I did my first ET last week Saturday with Dr Matthew Lau ( KKH) ..I failed my first IUI in last Feb so, decided to try IVF as per DR advise. I got 16 eggs retrieved and 8 successfully fertilised and I got ET 2 embryos into me..now in 2WW..Due to too much eggs retrieved, I felt very bloated and uncomfortable after the ER...the bloatedness last til today and I look like preggy woman already..hope I have good new soon

Hi hi!
Sorry to hear abt your situation. Sounds like I went thru almost the exact same things as u! U are not alone!
Basically IUI is where they wash your hubby's sperm to retrieve the better ones. If u ovulate regularly then most prob u no need meds, just need to go u/s scans. When u ready to O, then dr will put back washed sperm into your uterus using a thin tube &. IUI cost abt $600+ excluding scans & HIV bloodtests. So prepare abt $1k for each IUI.
IVF is more complicated. U need jabs to produce many eggs, then dr will extract the eggs via a small op. Egg & sperm will then b combined in the lab. If fertilized, dr will transfer into your uterus in the same way as IUI.
IVF costs more than $10k depends on how much jabs u need. But u do qualify for the $12.3k govt grant & medisave if u do in govt hosp, so maybe no need cash.
I used to be v against ivf for the same reason too. But mindset changed along the way as I prayed abt it. Give your hubby some time.

Thank you so much for the info! It really help me a lot. So far i have been tracking my basal temp and using ovulation kit. By far, i have been ovulating when i show doc my chart. Hopefully iui is suitable for me. :)

Men and women have ego. Some men think that seeking IVF help is insulting their manhood, so they need time to digest the idea of IVF.

Give your hubby some room and space to ponder about IVF, he may change his mind later.

My hubby used to be optimistic and patient about our fertility, so it took him 6 years to agree to see a doctor.

Take note that like TCM, IVF success rate is not 100% one. People around me used to think IVF guarantee a baby until I explained the facts to them. IVF is not 100% but it at least gives us some hope of parenthood.

Thank you! As for now, i can only rely hopes on iui/ivf unless miracle happen. Been wanting a child badly. Hopefully with the help of medical, it will help

I'm 32 and hubby is 34. Same low morphology. Did IUI twice in a private clinic before gg to kk for IVF. Hubby wants the kids more than me... Tried tcm medication for half a year and expensive too! So might as well go to IVF. That was what I thought.

Hi, u went iui twice and unsuccessful? Hais~ i am still considering iui since my hub still has 1% gd morphology. Ya, tcm cost a bomb! Tat's y we are considering going to kkh. We will be going to get referral from polyclinic next week.

Hello need some help here. What is the difference between getting referral from polyclinic and getting appt directly?

Thank you so much for the info! It really help me a lot. So far i have been tracking my basal temp and using ovulation kit. By far, i have been ovulating when i show doc my chart. Hopefully iui is suitable for me. :)
I don't mean to scare u but I advise u do u/s to track your ovulation also.
I used to have nice temperature charts & positive ovulation test & even positive ovulation progesterone bloodtests!!!
But turned out I ovulated small follicles when I'm monitored using u/s (meaning most prob immature eggs)
Of course I wish u have better luck than me.

I don't mean to scare u but I advise u do u/s to track your ovulation also.
I used to have nice temperature charts & positive ovulation test & even positive ovulation progesterone bloodtests!!!
But turned out I ovulated small follicles when I'm monitored using u/s (meaning most prob immature eggs)
Of course I wish u have better luck than me.

I went for u/s at 2 gynaes before and they mentioned that i am fine. Hopefully nothing is wrong. When i went to Tcm, Dr Tan from clementi pressed my ovary and say egg is 13mm 3 days b4 ovulation. Quite amazed when he pressed and tell me i'll ovulate 3 days later. Indeed i ovulated 3 days later.

Hi, wan to check, for those cycling under dr Loh, how many scans on average will he monitor during the stimulation phase?

I done my 2nd FET on 17.04 by dr. Matthew law. Last thurs blood test n bfp with 2065 hcg. They took 5 to blastocyst n oni 1 make it thru thus i oni trsf 1 n i thou chance is low. But who knows. During the 2ww i oni drink red datea n chix essence everyday n keep a calm mind n go bk work to occupy ur mind... for me i rest as per normal.. i still go bk work after resting over the weekend. Now i am waiting for the next scan to see heart beat. All the best to all n bb dust sprinkle everywhere... btw my 1st fresh was bfn.. my 1st FET was bfp with 1 healthy gal nw my 2nd FET bfp...

I done my 2nd FET on 17.04 by dr. Matthew law. Last thurs blood test n bfp with 2065 hcg. They took 5 to blastocyst n oni 1 make it thru thus i oni trsf 1 n i thou chance is low. But who knows. During the 2ww i oni drink red datea n chix essence everyday n keep a calm mind n go bk work to occupy ur mind... for me i rest as per normal.. i still go bk work after resting over the weekend. Now i am waiting for the next scan to see heart beat. All the best to all n bb dust sprinkle everywhere... btw my 1st fresh was bfn.. my 1st FET was bfp with 1 healthy gal nw my 2nd FET bfp...

May i know what is FET?

Hi sisters, any1 encountered sweating profusely for a few mins while on the tww? It is definitely not due to the weather bcos I hv the aircon directly blowing at me and i m still sweating for that few mins but after that it's back to normal and it has happened for a few times last weekend. My hubby in the same rm wasn't sweating and he is the one that is more prone to sweating. So I was wondering if it is due to the side effects of utrogestan?

Hi, I've had similar experience during 2ww. I was even wondering if this is how the menopausal hot flushes feel like. I do not know the cause but suspected it was the progesterone.

Hi, u went iui twice and unsuccessful? Hais~ i am still considering iui since my hub still has 1% gd morphology. Ya, tcm cost a bomb! Tat's y we are considering going to kkh. We will be going to get referral from polyclinic next week.
My iui was at gleneagles. Expensive too. The results show hubby's volume is low. But after clean, at first thought the sperms will swim n still flood the egg. But after two tries, didn't want to waste time anymore... Went for polyclinic referral in November, nov/dec first visit at kkh, chop chop queue for March ivf, inbetw still did polyp surgery by Dr Matthew Lau in February... Now waiting for ET. Mid May...
Fatefully, thanks! Catch ur baby dust!!!

Congratulations! !!

Hi Ms Faithfully, congrats to you! You must be thrilled! I am experiencing weird intermittent cramps off and on, and also had very bad OHSS this second cycle, was totally caught off-guard by the severe side- effects. Now I can only hope for the best. My two embryos are grade 4, 4-cells. However the problem lies with implantation which I have no control over. :(

Hi all, self intro myself a bit. I'm turning 30 this yr and my hub is turning 31. We have been ttc for a year but no news :( went for check up and hub is diagnosed with low morphology. So far i'm fine. We decided to go to polyclinic for referral to Kkh. I'm kinda confuse with iui, ivf etc. Pardon me as this thread is really too long to scroll back and read. Will be glad if anyone could explain to me the difference and the charges. Thanks! Hub & me are worried abt the charges as we are getting our new bto next wk. Btw both hub & me are singaporean. I got quite upset whenever my menses come. Hub & my r/s gone a bit bad but now we are ok. Initially my hub is very against ivf as he feels that it's not natural but been taking proxeed plus from gynae also useless and just started seeing tcm at clementi. Dunno whether it helps or not or just giving ourselves a faith of hope that tcm help.

Hi, kkh dr will recommend iui or ivf after looking at yr records. Some of us go straight into ivf due to time factor- if we are nearing 40, which is the cut off age for ivf govt grant, then we might not try iui and go straight into ivf- in case iui does not work, and by the time we embark on ivf it's too late for the grant. at yr age, you will not have such issue with the grant.
jiayou!

Hi, today is my 11days post ET.. But seems like i am getting my AF.. E spotting seem getting more.. But not bright red yet.. Got a feeling its goon bfn.. Sad

Thanks for explaning!
Hi, kkh dr will recommend iui or ivf after looking at yr records. Some of us go straight into ivf due to time factor- if we are nearing 40, which is the cut off age for ivf govt grant, then we might not try iui and go straight into ivf- in case iui does not work, and by the time we embark on ivf it's too late for the grant. at yr age, you will not have such issue with the grant.
jiayou!

Thanks for ur explanation! I will listen to doc's recommendation then c how. Going to polyclinic next wk.

Gd luck for all ladies ttc!! And congrats fatefully!

Wohoo!! Congrats !!

Yup. I email to enquire and they call me. Do I still get the govt subsidies in this case? This is my lst time not very sure on many things.
You still get the govt subsidies if you go direct to Kkh, no need poly clinic referral (if you are Singaporean below 40) for ivf. Balance can be paid using medisave. consultations will be by cash, Which cannot be avoided even with a polyclinic referral. Not sure if those cash payments are subsidised w polyclinic referral.

Hi, today is my 11days post ET.. But seems like i am getting my AF.. E spotting seem getting more.. But not bright red yet.. Got a feeling its goon bfn.. Sad
I rem i got spotting like pinkish brow stain on day 11 too then i went to test hpt cos i thou it gone case but I saw a sligh blue line... nt too dark but still abit to see the line. As long as it not red is gd news. All the best.

You still get the govt subsidies if you go direct to Kkh, no need poly clinic referral (if you are Singaporean below 40) for ivf. Balance can be paid using medisave. consultations will be by cash, Which cannot be avoided even with a polyclinic referral. Not sure if those cash payments are subsidised w polyclinic referral.
Yes..i heard the cash pyt is oso subsidised wif polyclinic referral letter but can't choose doctor..but once u embark into ivf treatment, the rate r the same regardless pte or subsidised patients..but no issue on that as ur grant n medisave wuld hv already kick in once u hv start ur ivf treatment..

Yes..i heard the cash pyt is oso subsidised wif polyclinic referral letter but can't choose doctor..but once u embark into ivf treatment, the rate r the same regardless pte or subsidised patients..but no issue on that as ur grant n medisave wuld hv already kick in once u hv start ur ivf treatment..

Thank u ladies for the clarification. My AF just come yst. *sad* yst flow was like waterfall n cramp like hell but still manage to cook dinner. Haha

Congrats congrats congrats fatefully. Soo happy for you and grabbing tonnes of baby dusts. Am in tww currently after third fresh. Did 2d transfer. Also back to work after resting few days and hoping and praying hard for bfp. Any tips on wat u did n took during tww pls.

Congrats congrats congrats fatefully. Soo happy for you and grabbing tonnes of baby dusts. Am in tww currently after third fresh. Did 2d transfer. Also back to work after resting few days and hoping and praying hard for bfp. Any tips on wat u did n took during tww pls.
I straight away went to work the next day cos dun wan my colleagues to suspect anything. Supposedly the ET is on Mon but ended up ET on Tues (day 3) 2 days rest became 2 day rest.

I straight away went to work the next day cos dun wan my colleagues to suspect anything. Supposedly the ET is on Mon but ended up ET on Tues (day 3) 2 days rest became 2 day rest.
Littlejo are you in tww also? When and where ET? Come to work ok la but only the insert troublesome. Cannot lie down n rest after insert.

Littlejo are you in tww also? When and where ET? Come to work ok la but only the insert troublesome. Cannot lie down n rest after insert.
Ya loh. I feel totally normal. Very mah fan with the insert. My 1st cycle of ivf got 2 ww HL under Dr. Loh at Thomson. That time only needed to insert twice a day. KKH on the safer side, 3 times a day. When the nurse told me, I was like, wa liao, so troublesome as I need to go back work the next day. But now I find more convenient, dun need to lie down for the next 15 mins.i walk around like nothing much after insert.

Back