CTG

Cynthiachongrs

Hi, my doctor has been getting me to check baby' s heart beat using CTG whenever i go check up..and it cost $60 every time!!! abit pain, he suggest check CTG...then next week ask me first thing reach clinic do CTG.....cos my casearean near...but i arl told him baby movement norm....i am having minor placenta previa...and he dun wan to try natural for me first too. Do u all tink its bcos of my condition i have to keep checking bb heartbeat? I dun have bleeding so far...

This is normal. Towards edd, we have to have CTG scan. Mine is natural delivery and I did that almost every 2 weeks when I visited him. So it's defintely not due to your placenta previa.

Is it a norm these days? Never had a ctg scan back then.. 8 years back. All I had was ultrasound scans at every visit for both pregnancies.

This is normal. Towards edd, we have to have CTG scan. Mine is natural delivery and I did that almost every 2 weeks when I visited him. So it's defintely not due to your placenta previa.
Oic....but hor like tat really v v chor(expensive) leh.So even when i sign package i must still pay a lot more....

Is it a norm these days? Never had a ctg scan back then.. 8 years back. All I had was ultrasound scans at every visit for both pregnancies.
Yah, actually for my first pregnancy, 6 years ago, i did do CTG also....i tot is feral movement irregular or loss weight then do?....Haiz...

Actually i feel is ur comfort level on why u dont wanna do ctg?.. Has ur c-sec date been chosen? If its close like 1 mth to edd or csec date, den gd to do ctg to check for heart rate n contractions.. $60 is indeed exp,i also did like 15mins at tmc prior to my edd...everything is $$$.
I did sound to my doc that for my previous preg i do not wan to do ctg as everything is normal, so he was fine also...so i think gd to jus let him know if u haf concerns lor. Dont think so much liao, since ur due soon the bill will also not b cheap. If u opt for natural and any complications will end up with emergency csec, the cost will be additional...even not worth it. Maybe u can check the risk if u really insist on natural and ur doc reasons... All the best and have a smooth delivery soon :)

Is it only c sect need to check for CTG every visit when edd is near? I'm in my w35 and my gynae did not suggest CTG yet. My last pregnancy was natural delivery also never check CTG during the prenatal visits.

Actually i feel is ur comfort level on why u dont wanna do ctg?.. Has ur c-sec date been chosen? If its close like 1 mth to edd or csec date, den gd to do ctg to check for heart rate n contractions.. $60 is indeed exp,i also did like 15mins at tmc prior to my edd...everything is $$$.
I did sound to my doc that for my previous preg i do not wan to do ctg as everything is normal, so he was fine also...so i think gd to jus let him know if u haf concerns lor. Dont think so much liao, since ur due soon the bill will also not b cheap. If u opt for natural and any complications will end up with emergency csec, the cost will be additional...even not worth it. Maybe u can check the risk if u really insist on natural and ur doc reasons... All the best and have a smooth delivery soon :)

U are right..mayb it bcos of my low placenta issue and scheduled c sect is in less than 2 weeks...tats y this ti,e round need more CTG to b sure, i am with TMC too btw. Thanks for ur kind advice.Today is my last check b up b4 my csect! I feeling v so excited.

Is it only c sect need to check for CTG every visit when edd is near? I'm in my w35 and my gynae did not suggest CTG yet. My last pregnancy was natural delivery also never check CTG during the prenatal visits.
Mayb its bcos i am diagnosed with placenta previa..tats y

I'm also diagnosed with placenta previa, that's why I'm curious why my gynae never suggest CTG for my case.

When I had my #1, I went to pte gynae. Every visit will do CTG. But for #2 I went SGH, only later part then will do CTG but not often even tho I had low placenta.

When I had my #1, I went to pte gynae. Every visit will do CTG. But for #2 I went SGH, only later part then will do CTG but not often even tho I had low placenta.
Hmmmm...does tat mean pte gynae keep asking to do ctg cos wan earn $$$...haiz...nvm lah, as long as baby n me are safe and can overcome tis pregnancy complication

Btw, since u had low placenta, was urs minor or major previa, did u c sect too. I quite worried abt it as doc said possibility of excess lost of blood.

At the start of pregnancy already low n gynae wanted me to go for c-sect but went up during last tri (last CTG scan) so I had natural delivery. Gynae keep telling alot of don't dos. Keep freaking me out at every visit. But my baby chose to come out when my gynae was away for vacation so I was delivered by another gynae. I guess my baby don't like the gynae either...hahaha

Talk to yr baby more. Still got 2 weeks. Miracle can happen. Jiayou!

Back