Tips on Hiring New/Transfer Maid (Feel free to share)

I've had one maid before from Indonesia and two from Sri Lanka. I think it's hard for them to meet my demands sometimes but I do try my best to be understanding. Eventually I made them look after my parents and child for me. Its very simple to me. I'm looking for a maid who is reliable, hardworking and responsible.

You can also go frind out more about the transfer maid history by printing out her past employment history. My previous transfer maid lied and said she only has 1 ex employer but she has 2. Even lied about knowing how to use the washing machine. :eek:

But seriously, I wouldn't even had been unhappy, just tell me she didn't know how to use and I'll teach her but she pretended like she knew until I found out and I was pissed.

When they worked in sg, all history will b will MOM. Will know eventually when we apply their WP.

I also agree they like to pretend to know n understand. Hate it!!! Tell them many times we will tell n teach them if they have questions. But they put their pride n arrogance first.

hi everyone,
I have not been checking this thread for some time. Pls pm me if you need a copy of the house rule. My PM is active all the time and I do reply pms.

I am going to look for a new transfer maid soon as my current maid of 3 years intend to go back and get married. yes, she's with me for almost 3 years already. time flies!

Could u share the English & Malay house rules with me too? [email protected]. Thanks so much!

hey TS! yeah really took a long time to read ur postings, damn happy that u can take the time to write so much for us.
learnt a few pointers that i have not thought of it.
thank u thank u....

Another important thing to note is the maid agency you choose. Some maid agencies are just out to earn $$$ unethically. I am happy with my current maid agency because of the way they screen and prepare the maid (mindset, attitude) before coming to my house.

agree with this! many agencies are just out to earn money... no concern for long term welfare of the household nor the maid :(

hi everyone,
I have not been checking this thread for some time. Pls pm me if you need a copy of the house rule. My PM is active all the time and I do reply pms.

I am going to look for a new transfer maid soon as my current maid of 3 years intend to go back and get married. yes, she's with me for almost 3 years already. time flies!

Hi Ariajo,
Thank you for your valuable inputs and advice!!
Can I have a copy of your house rules too?
Pls email me at :[email protected]

Hi all, I am expecting a new helper joining me, what furniture and accessories should I prepare for her joining?

- A bed
- A small cabinet for her to put her items - what kind of cabinet do you use?
- A fan
- Toiletries - Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Facial Wash...what about sanitary pads? Do I have to buy for her?

For washing of clothes, do you allow her to share your washing machine as well?

Anything else I should take note?

-My cabinet cannot be locked but I give her 1 to use.
-I provide everything except sanitary pads which I gave her free for 6 mths.
-I allow but a lot prefer to hand wash their own clothes. But I will tell them to wash their under garment by hand.

Hi Ariajo,
Thank you for your valuable advice. Truly appreciate it. I'm getting an Indonesian maid to stay with parents in law's house. 2 weeks in a mth my parents in law will go over to my house n the maid has to follow.
Can I have a copy of yourhouse rules too?
Pls email me at [email protected]. Thanks once again

hi everyone,

Hi Ariajo,

Hello! Are you able to send me a copy of your house rules? My email is [email protected]

Thank you so much! Planning to get a transfer maid to help with my 4 month old baby.

Hi Ariajo,
Thank you for your valuable advice. Truly appreciate it. I'm getting an Indonesian maid to stay with parents in law's house. 2 weeks in a mth my parents in law will go over to my house n the maid has to follow.
Can I have a copy of yourhouse rules too?
Pls email me at [email protected]. Thanks once again

Please be careful wz indons. ive had nightmares! a big time liar and useless bumps! cant cook sweep mops etc but good eater

Hi all, will hiring an Indonesian maid be better than hiring other nationalities maid?

I have been hiring FDW for quite a few years already. From my experience, try not to hire transfer maids. Their current employers want them out for a good reason. Many will tell you

1) The household has too many people
2) Too much work. Not enough rest
3) Cannot get along with the family members
4) Not given food

etc etc etc

Most times, its the maids finding fault. So that they can get transferred to a household which doesn't not have young children, elderly and employers are always away.

That said, its really rare but possible to get good ones still. But thats like one in one thousand.

Dear all, I had gotten a maid with JE maido agency before. Maid has problem eg, lazy, forgetful, have to hold hands even until 9months, sleep as early as 8pm. My house hdb 4rooms. 3 children goes school n student care till reach Home at 7pm. Mainly do housework and laundry. I will cook for dinner. She uses the afternoon to sleep. Agent at first will call to counsel her. But if problem arises after loan paid off they ignore my calls and nvr reply my messages. I hv to handle the maid alone. Lastly I just send the maid back. This is my experience, agents are all nice when they want to earn your money.

Dear all, I had gotten a maid with JE maido agency before. Maid has problem eg, lazy, forgetful, have to hold hands even until 9months, sleep as early as 8pm. My house hdb 4rooms. 3 children goes school n student care till reach Home at 7pm. Mainly do housework and laundry. I will cook for dinner. She uses the afternoon to sleep. Agent at first will call to counsel her. But if problem arises after loan paid off they ignore my calls and nvr reply my messages. I hv to handle the maid alone. Lastly I just send the maid back. This is my experience, agents are all nice when they want to earn your money.

Joanne, thks for yr feedback! I hope you are alright and got another helper by now to help you out.

Hahaha this reminds of me one of my previous helpers. Every afternoon she goes to her room to blast music and write lyrics of Taylor Swift songs. Till its time for my kids to come back from school then she reappears grudgingly. The Far East agents are worse. They usually side the lazy helpers and even stir them to do things which cause unhappiness in the households. So if the employers reject them and send them out for transfer, they can earn admin fees from new employer and also the FDW

Last time, my helper cried and asked me not to send her away. So in the end I told her at most I will let her transfer but she has to change and be good to the next employer. The moment I signed the transfer paper. Her nice smile disappeared. She smirked and turned around and went to talk to all her friends. I almost tore her transfer paper away. What a cunning girl. Her next employer turned out to be very very demanding. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Beware of most agents. I ever used one who told me the helper she chose for me was experienced and only had two employer and finished contract. Refused to give me WP number(Which i learned from online forums that I can actually request for it and check their history). It was my first self hired FDW so I din know much then. She was horrid! She was actually mad. Talked with a knife in her hand in a threatening manner. Kicked drawers, thaw freezer stuff on purpose.

I was actually her 20th employer. When I saw her history I almost fainted.

Avoid Far East Shopping Centre agencies if you can. High turnover rates and their pool of FDW are not really here to work. Most are more interested in their personal lives than saving money to send home for their loved ones.

hi everyone,

Hi ariajo, I have PM you. Thanx so much. Please also share if you find a good maid agency. urgently looking for one. thanx!

Hi all,

I wish to share the work performance report of an FDW from india.

Please read and share.

Attachments

• Work Performance Report of FDW Pandiyan Sumathi (Singapore).pdf
    355.8 KB · Views: 594
Don't ever hire maid from SG TRANSFER MAID http://www.sgtransfermaid.com/ #03-22 at Far East Shopping Centre and level 4 lucky plaza! The after sales service is horrible! I have hired 2 maids from this agency (one is due to replacement) and both maids have the same problem and have been using hp secretly when working even when she's feeding my son. One is from Indonesia and Myanmar. The boss of the agency gave us some recommendation and claimed the maid is very good, know how to cook and very hardworking and have high interest in cooking and doing housework. All is bullshit and are lies, this agency is very dishonest. Now i can finally understand why the other boss has left and set up another maid agency on his own. Myanmar one likes to use hp till very late 12am and still don't want to sleep. Whenever i scold her, she will turn her face away and no eye contact with you, like giving you attitude that she's not happy. We can either chose to send her back or proceed with transfer but we will have to pay for her lodging for 15 days which is $15 per day. After discussing with my husband, we decide to just buy a ticket and send her home to save the trouble and just in case if there's anything happen, we do not have to bear. Anyway, she is not a good worker for the next employer as she keep using her hp all day as her husband is in Singapore. And i can't believe that the agency ask me to book the air ticket myself to send her back and if i were to request them to book ticket for me, i will need to pay for service charge??? OMG what is this. Furthermore, their monthly salary for Myanmar and indonesia maids are quite high $650 per month with 2 off days. This agency is highly not recommended.

Back