IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Sisters today is 2 days past 2 days transfer. Since ER felt like womb was pressing on bladder and v bloated. Had to pee 5 times a night. But today morning feel that the bloating as gone. Worried does it mean progesterone has dropped significantly. No other symptoms except on and off pain on both ovaries. Kind of feel down.

C
Meganl hope your ET went well.

Today dr tan v busy. My schedule ET was 9am but end up I did at around almost 11am. Sad thing is that I have only 2 embryo to transfer n 1 embryo need monitoring. Both embryo transferred were Grade 3. Previously my grade 4 didn't make it. Now I feel very sian n worried outcome might be the same. Went for acupuncture at dr Zou n it's a relief doc. She like v blur. Sad. I leave it to fate.

Sisters today is 2 days past 2 days transfer. Since ER felt like womb was pressing on bladder and v bloated. Had to pee 5 times a night. But today morning feel that the bloating as gone. Worried does it mean progesterone has dropped significantly. No other symptoms except on and off pain on both ovaries. Kind of feel down.

Hey gal, i think this is the downtime from ER to ET. The bloatedness is likely to come back. For my first fresh cycle, the bloatedness came back around 5 days past 5 days transfer. Just relax ok?

@meganl How's your ET today? Hope all went well

My scan today shows 15 follicles ranging from 10 to 19. The review doc said will have to sacrifice the 19mm follicle coz by the time the others are ready, this is "too matured" liao. Anyway she clarified my doubt that having more follicles may not mean good. I used to retrieve about 40 (now then i know) but now, they are aiming for at least 10 (not more than 20) with lower dosage. In fact, quality may be better if there are lesser follicles. I also ask what is the min size that the follicles should be in order to use them for the fertilisation phase. Apparently the min. size they are hoping to get is 17mm as the egg would only be present in follicles of more than 15mm. And there is also no statistical evidence that triple lining is better for implantation. If the body condition is right and with the right embryos, it will still implant regardless of whether it is single of triple lining. Quite a fruitful trip today but still have to go back for scan tomorrow to make sure that the follicles are still growing. ER likely to be on Thurs or Sat. Also ran into Dr THH earlier and he said he will try to come back if my ER coincides with his leave (if schedule permits). It really makes my day hearing this from him. He is indeed customer-centric and a workaholic. Still feel good even if he cannot make it for the ER or ET. Lol

C

Today dr tan v busy. My schedule ET was 9am but end up I did at around almost 11am. Sad thing is that I have only 2 embryo to transfer n 1 embryo need monitoring. Both embryo transferred were Grade 3. Previously my grade 4 didn't make it. Now I feel very sian n worried outcome might be the same. Went for acupuncture at dr Zou n it's a relief doc. She like v blur. Sad. I leave it to fate.

@meganl Not sure if the one i saw is you. Did you see someone using a lappie outside the room while you were waiting for ET around 10plus 11?

Hi drama queenie, did you just started on dhea or had it for some time and only experience bleeding for this cycle? From Web, I did not read on any bleeding side effects from dhea but rather from royal jelly. I wonder which supplement is the culprit. But I have taken royal jelly before as a single supplement and no issue.
I guess you are also under dr tan. I heard he will be out for conference sometime this month.. my earliest appt with him post my sis check today could only take place early next mth...you may want to quickly call in to check on earliest slot.

Dr Tan will be away on 6, 8 to 12 and 26 May this month. For Jun will be 13 to 18. This is what the nurse told me today.

@meganl Not sure if the one i saw is you. Did you see someone using a lappie outside the room while you were waiting for ET around 10plus 11?
I didn't notice anyone using laptop. Trying hard to hold my bladder. I think I keep going to toilet for at least 5 times. Stomach already v bloated plus now have to keep full bladder. Torturing leh.

C

@meganl, must turn on your positive mode ok. My personal fren & my 1st fresh cycle buddy both BFP with their grade 3 embryos! And we should all know by now that grading is just a number. All the best and rest well. Hope to hear good news from you soon together with @mesara! So will you still be gg for subsequent post-ET acupuncture sessions with Dr Zou?

Hey gal, i think this is the downtime from ER to ET. The bloatedness is likely to come back. For my first fresh cycle, the bloatedness came back around 5 days past 5 days transfer. Just relax ok?

@meganl How's your ET today? Hope all went well

My scan today shows 15 follicles ranging from 10 to 19. The review doc said will have to sacrifice the 19mm follicle coz by the time the others are ready, this is "too matured" liao. Anyway she clarified my doubt that having more follicles may not mean good. I used to retrieve about 40 (now then i know) but now, they are aiming for at least 10 (not more than 20) with lower dosage. In fact, quality may be better if there are lesser follicles. I also ask what is the min size that the follicles should be in order to use them for the fertilisation phase. Apparently the min. size they are hoping to get is 17mm as the egg would only be present in follicles of more than 15mm. And there is also no statistical evidence that triple lining is better for implantation. If the body condition is right and with the right embryos, it will still implant regardless of whether it is single of triple lining. Quite a fruitful trip today but still have to go back for scan tomorrow to make sure that the follicles are still growing. ER likely to be on Thurs or Sat. Also ran into Dr THH earlier and he said he will try to come back if my ER coincides with his leave (if schedule permits). It really makes my day hearing this from him. He is indeed customer-centric and a workaholic. Still feel good even if he cannot make it for the ER or ET. Lol

@shiro_ger , good to know that everything went well for you. So today you still had 1 last stim jab? Indeed, I always feel more assured seeing THH around....or was it a little crush I have on him! Opps! hahaha :p...Anyway, hope that he will be around for your ER/ET! I'm praying hard mine will be after he's back from his leave!

oh no! I am starting may cycle soon. :(

@twinkletot, when are you expecting your af to come?

C

Gal pls don't feel down. Grade 3 also can make IT. Got sisters bfp with their grade 2 also. Talk to embbies and be positive. I also could not do acu as public holiday and weekend. I just left to fate. Wat more can I do. Don't wanna stress la. Like today symptom loss. Keep having the abdomen cramp on and off like a witch on standby. Just pray all works out well gal. Keep morale high and remember we are pupo. Pregnant until proven other wise.:)

Shiro ger glad it went well for you. Hope follies keep growing and reach optimal for ER. Dr Tan is very nice and assuring. Handsome too :)....so feel very assured when I bump into him. He calls me by name and ask how I am whenever we bump into each other at clinic. Soo nice feeling. Did u consider testing E2 for follicles.

@mesara & @meganl , forget to ask you ladies. What kinda of support medications you all had this time? Is it still the small white ball type ustrogen to be inserted 3 times a day? Coz I intend to head back to work after ET this time. So I need something more manageable, less messy & doesn't come off easily!

I didn't notice anyone using laptop. Trying hard to hold my bladder. I think I keep going to toilet for at least 5 times. Stomach already v bloated plus now have to keep full bladder. Torturing leh.

Ya i feel you. My last FET was also like that. I held my bladder until cannot tahan then gotta go clear coz Dr Tan was abit held up. Who knows he came in after i cleared bladder. Have to start all over again by finishing my bottle of water in 1 mouth and holding the bladder. Really xinku. Anyway, welcome to 2WW. Hope to join u and mesara soon!

@meganl, must turn on your positive mode ok. My personal fren & my 1st fresh cycle buddy both BFP with their grade 3 embryos! And we should all know by now that grading is just a number. All the best and rest well. Hope to hear good news from you soon together with @mesara! So will you still be gg for subsequent post-ET acupuncture sessions with Dr Zou?

@shiro_ger , good to know that everything went well for you. So today you still had 1 last stim jab? Indeed, I always feel more assured seeing THH around....or was it a little crush I have on him! Opps! hahaha :p...Anyway, hope that he will be around for your ER/ET! I'm praying hard mine will be after he's back from his leave!

@twinkletot, when are you expecting your af to come?

I hope today will be the last stim coz I jab till duno where to jab liao coz all bruises. And yes, the sight of THH really makes the heart skip a few beats. And it's so easy to relate to him be it on ivf queries or personal life (we always hala abit on non-ivf topics). I always tell my dh that THH is my current eye candy and he has lost his standing liao. lol
But if your AF is mid month hor, you will sure see him for this cycle. And judging from his professionalism, he will try to make it for his patients' procedure if he could. We are in good hands!

Shiro ger glad it went well for you. Hope follies keep growing and reach optimal for ER. Dr Tan is very nice and assuring. Handsome too :)....so feel very assured when I bump into him. He calls me by name and ask how I am whenever we bump into each other at clinic. Soo nice feeling. Did u consider testing E2 for follicles.

Today's scan results seems ok and since KKH also dun advocate that test, dun think will take the E2 test. And yes, my first fresh is a bfp. But it wasn't under THH then. My Dr for that cycle was Dr Khong Chit Chong, but i switch to pte after bfp. I followed THH from my 1st FET till now lor.

Today's scan results seems ok and since KKH also dun advocate that test, dun think will take the E2 test. And yes, my first fresh is a bfp. But it wasn't under THH then. My Dr for that cycle was Dr Khong Chit Chong, but i switch to pte after bfp. I followed THH from my 1st FET till now lor.
@mesara & @meganl , forget to ask you ladies. What kinda of support medications you all had this time? Is it still the small white ball type ustrogen to be inserted 3 times a day? Coz I intend to head back to work after ET this time. So I need something more manageable, less messy & doesn't come off easily!
@milogal88 I was being prescribed Utrogestan. So I just take it. I asked Grace the nurse if I really need to lie down after inserting, she said not really. Sit down will do. I was thinking shd be manageable so I didn't ask for a change in medication. I will also go back to work 2 days before my BT. Took 10 days unpaid leave.

@mesara I did my acupuncture by the relief doc. That's y v worried ok or not. Just dun want to worsen it. Tmr I will continue to go but I wait for Dr Zou to come in then I will go.

@shiro_ger yes, hope u join us in 2ww soon

Now very free everyday can check thread really nothing much I can do here in the afternoon before my daughter is back from school. Once she is back, I also no time to rest Liao. Maybe I can start preparing meals for myself after today.

I also agree Dr Tan quite handsome leh. Sometimes wondered if he is married? He seems gentle kind. Haha. Used to go to female Gynae. Other than dr tan, I seen another one relatively male Gynae for my iui too but I feel weird n uncomfortable. Haha. But dr tan is ok, coz he speaks v gently

@milogal88 I was being prescribed Utrogestan. So I just take it. I asked Grace the nurse if I really need to lie down after inserting, she said not really. Sit down will do. I was thinking shd be manageable so I didn't ask for a change in medication. I will also go back to work 2 days before my BT. Took 10 days unpaid leave.

@mesara I did my acupuncture by the relief doc. That's y v worried ok or not. Just dun want to worsen it. Tmr I will continue to go but I wait for Dr Zou to come in then I will go.

Now very free everyday can check thread really nothing much I can do here in the afternoon before my daughter is back from school. Once she is back, I also no time to rest Liao. Maybe I can start preparing meals for myself after today.

I also agree Dr Tan quite handsome leh. Sometimes wondered if he is married? He seems gentle kind. Haha. Used to go to female Gynae. Other than dr tan, I seen another one relatively male Gynae for my iui too but I feel weird n uncomfortable. Haha. But dr tan is ok, coz he speaks v gently
I mean relatively young male Gynae. Haha

Lol. Enjoy the break now before you go back to work. I also very free now coz took leave after the scan. Can check thread and kpo around. BTW, THH is married with 3 boys liao. Think he's only in mid 40s but still look so young. Envy.

Grade 3 is good. My #1 is from Grade 3 :) And she is very naughty. Rest well and good luck.

Today is lucky day u know. May 4th.... May the "4th"(force) be with you! :p

C

@Labbitzz @shiro_ger @jas249 the anxiety over the long weekend sees red :( Dark spotting has turned into fresh red. I am super sian on this blue Monday. This morning, my mother told me "accept the outcome of this attempt" and move on. Dont "qiang-qiu". I don't know what to say, but I felt guilty for making her worry about a 37yo daughter. All day, I was impatient with colleagues trying to work with me. I ranted to my two close girlfriends who shared a listening ear and understood how tough life can be without having to hear a specific. I ranted to DH, who asked me to stay "optimistic". I try to ignore the dayima-like cramps that are coming on... I am still going for my BT tmr, because I am "optimistic". Sigh....

Thanks @shiro_ger and @jas249. I'm really itching for a *fight*, being so irritable. Trying to "relax" by busying myself with organizing old holiday pix :p Oh, been eating (too) well and resting (not so) well during tww. Enjoyed the long wkn catching up with friends. 4 day work week is abt right! :p

@shiro_ger All the best for your upcoming ER/ET! Jia You!

Grade 3 is good. My #1 is from Grade 3 :) And she is very naughty. Rest well and good luck.

Today is lucky day u know. May 4th.... May the "4th"(force) be with you! :p

Thanks for the encouragement! haha so funny! must 看日子。

sometimes I think I also face a lot of discouragement. even my boss asked me why must go against God's will? one is enough n why must I keep insisting on trying for a second one? I tried for nearly 4 yrs on n off, many rounds of clomid, 2 iui n now 2 fresh. I shd concentrate on my current one n be happy n focus. but when u see her play alone, I pity her. so siblings

Lol. Enjoy the break now before you go back to work. I also very free now coz took leave after the scan. Can check thread and kpo around. BTW, THH is married with 3 boys liao. Think he's only in mid 40s but still look so young. Envy.
wah he not bad got 3 sons. how u know all these infor? I dun dare to ask much I wanted to know if he is married or not :p

Sounds like we are in same shoes! I also trying for #2 and my LO is ~4yo. When I see her play, I feel so lonely for her. I really must quit this thinking else it'll drive me nuts and broke :S I keep this whole IVF very hush hush. Office people dont know. My boss only know that I had a m/c at 3 months when I suddenly disappeared from work last Dec.

Thanks for the encouragement! haha so funny! must 看日子。

sometimes I think I also face a lot of discouragement. even my boss asked me why must go against God's will? one is enough n why must I keep insisting on trying for a second one? I tried for nearly 4 yrs on n off, many rounds of clomid, 2 iui n now 2 fresh. I shd concentrate on my current one n be happy n focus. but when u see her play alone, I pity her. so siblings

Sounds like we are in same shoes! I also trying for #2 and my LO is ~4yo. When I see her play, I feel so lonely for her. I really must quit this thinking else it'll drive me nuts and broke :S I keep this whole IVF very hush hush. Office people dont know. My boss only know that I had a m/c at 3 months when I suddenly disappeared from work last Dec.

My daughter is 6 this year. Age gap gonna be v wide. So I am thinking of making this one last try n may GOD grant me this Wish.

When will u decide to stop? How many times have u tried?

I regretted not trying earlier when I was like 33, maybe higher chances. I always thought Ivf will cost like 10k to 15k. Too shiong for me. It's only in 2014 I realised its heavily subsidised.

I dun wanna live with regrets that's y I still keep on trying. If really don't have i have no regrets.

Hi Mesara, how are u doing? feeling better? my ovaries also still feel pain when I sneeze n pass urine. I keep wanting to urine although I didn't drink alot of water.

When do you intend to go back to work?

Yes it my first fresh. Short protocol.

Good luck babe! Hope that you will strike with your 1st timer luck.

@meganl , but do you experience the utrogestan like keep coming out? I did try to insert deeper but seems like it doesn't stay in. Otherwise the moment I sneeze it's out. Haha
Btw for LRD drink I boil for 1 hour on medium fire.

And Seems like I'm not the only one who has a little crush on our handsome doc!! :p

Hi Mesara, how are u doing? feeling better? my ovaries also still feel pain when I sneeze n pass urine. I keep wanting to urine although I didn't drink alot of water.

When do you intend to go back to work?
I am doing ok I think. Cramps on and off. Think pain gets better over time. Ya there's pressure on the bladder so always got urge. Imagine past few nite keep going loo. Haizz...really in midst of deep sleep...sian ar. I didn't go work from last Thursday. Will go tomorrow and wed then rest from thu to Monday. Work v stress and can't be away. My journey also v long. From central to east. Just praying hard daily to be blessed.

Milogal I had ugesterone and progynova. Kk standard la..if wanna change can ask for the gel I think. Will go for progesterone test end of the week. I didn't do any acu after ER. Holiday clash so think leave it natural.

Shiro ger and meganl am happy to hear that u r already mummies. Really gifted to have at least one. I pray that u will be blessed to provide your darlings siblings soon.

@Labbitzz @shiro_ger @jas249 the anxiety over the long weekend sees red :( Dark spotting has turned into fresh red. I am super sian on this blue Monday. This morning, my mother told me "accept the outcome of this attempt" and move on. Dont "qiang-qiu". I don't know what to say, but I felt guilty for making her worry about a 37yo daughter. All day, I was impatient with colleagues trying to work with me. I ranted to my two close girlfriends who shared a listening ear and understood how tough life can be without having to hear a specific. I ranted to DH, who asked me to stay "optimistic". I try to ignore the dayima-like cramps that are coming on... I am still going for my BT tmr, because I am "optimistic". Sigh....
Hi bunnymuimui, dun gv up!!! As long as bt result is not out yet, u still stand a chance of bfp!!! Hope to receive gd news fm u tmr...gd luck to ur bt tmr...jia you!!! hv an early rest tonite!!!

Thanks for the encouragement @jas249 Woke up in the middle of the night when I felt AF came... Am undecided whether to go for BT today. I realize that this is the first time that AF come before BT and hence, it feels really weird going for BT. Even if I had BFP, the rate of AF would mean a m/c anyway. Sigh. Decisions decisions, when all I want to do is curl up in bed and forget the world....

Hi bunnymuimui, dun gv up!!! As long as bt result is not out yet, u still stand a chance of bfp!!! Hope to receive gd news fm u tmr...gd luck to ur bt tmr...jia you!!! hv an early rest tonite!!!

@meganl Somewhere out there, your guardian angel is looking out for you and your prayers are heard. I hope His will is as your prayer for #2 and your family will be blessed once more. Rest very well this 2WW and no regrets because you are doing your very best for your #1 and your family.

We started in 2010. I did 2 fresh + 5 FETs. Took us 3 IVF attempts to #1. Now 4 IVF attempts & counting to #2... Saw docs Kelly, Loh, Sadana, Tan HH until the latter doc says "wah your file so thick". This year I am 37. I feel tired and that even if BFP, my body is not in good condition to carry the pregnancy. But I also recall that even I was amazed by myself when I had #1, busying myself with 3-hr express breastmilk, feeds, taking care of bb by myself during 4 mth maternity leave. And I tell myself that motherhood is an unknown force that will push us to do wonders - right from conception.

After my m/c last Dec, my family (Mom/MIL/DH) expected me to give up pursuing #2. When I did this FET, I wished it my last and I'll leave it to fate. Last night, I started re-asking myself whether I should stop this pursuit. Due to male factor, I have 12 unfertilized embryoes. I had used govt grants for 2 fresh and 3 frozen. If I bring up using this frozen 12, my DH sure to explode with exasperation. He is so ready to live a good life with only 1 kid. But when it comes to #2, he knows that I'm be beyond reason and logic. But this 12 embryoes is truly my last hope cuz I really don't have the determination to go through another fresh.

The bigger the gap, the kids may not be close growing up and I shouldn't harbour any false hopes here. However, there will be be a different kind of bond - a sibling in her life, rather than no one to depend on. This is a mother's wish, that only other mothers can relate without a single word of explanation...

My daughter is 6 this year. Age gap gonna be v wide. So I am thinking of making this one last try n may GOD grant me this Wish.

When will u decide to stop? How many times have u tried?

I regretted not trying earlier when I was like 33, maybe higher chances. I always thought Ivf will cost like 10k to 15k. Too shiong for me. It's only in 2014 I realised its heavily subsidised.

I dun wanna live with regrets that's y I still keep on trying. If really don't have i have no regrets.

Sisters I kept utrogestan gels in fridge and today morning when inserting realised they hardened. Very hard balls. Wonder if it was a mistake as previously all left outside and they were soft gels. Will the hard gels dissolve or remain unabsorbed. V worried. Pls advise. Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement @jas249 Woke up in the middle of the night when I felt AF came... Am undecided whether to go for BT today. I realize that this is the first time that AF come before BT and hence, it feels really weird going for BT. Even if I had BFP, the rate of AF would mean a m/c anyway. Sigh. Decisions decisions, when all I want to do is curl up in bed and forget the world....
Hi bunnymuimui, i can understand how u r feeling now...i hv the same situation as u in my mar fresh cycle...af came b4 my scheduled bt but end up i went for my bt a day earlier to end my epsoide...coz hated the insert when af is here...

No matter what, u shld still go for ur bt to confirm ur hcg level coz ever heard b4 that there is still a chance of bfp even af is here...big hugssssss to u!!! Pamper urself today no matter wat the bt result is...i know is not easy...i juz went thru that a mth ago n after reading ur msg, i can still rem that threadful bt day...take care!!!

Wow wow.. This thread running too fast.. I tot is the main ivf thread :)

Bunnymuimui,
U know I ll always feel u coz we have similar experiences.. Juz recently, #1 was playing with my cousin's kid & she had soooo much fun being a jie jie.. The pain in my heart stab me so hard & nobody understand..

My AF always report earlier than BT for bfn cycles, once as early as 10dpt.. Damn shitty. But stil, I went for BT to have the closure..

No matter wat the outcome for u today, rest well & have the day for urself yah.. I muz admit I haven't recovered well Fr my recent Bfn as I sooo wish to go somewhere & hide fr everything..

U have done ur very best le.. That's all we can do now.. Pat & hugs..

Meganl,

Mind sharing when u intend to stop pursuing #2? I m forcing myself to come up with a timeline to stop coz we can't simply go on & on like tt.. But u know, how hard it is to come to terms tt we have to stop & #1 is stil playing alone..

Shiro_ger,

Jiayou jiayou! Rooting for u!! Slow & steady might juz b the formulae for ur good news..

@meganl , but do you experience the utrogestan like keep coming out? I did try to insert deeper but seems like it doesn't stay in. Otherwise the moment I sneeze it's out. Haha

And Seems like I'm not the only one who has a little crush on our handsome doc!! :p[/QUOTE]

Hi Milogal, its ok I feel. only when I pass urine I will see traces of oil in my urine n sometimes on panty liner. but I guess the whole pill shd still be inside. at times if I didnt insert too deep, it will remain outside the V.

I was thinking THH wife must be very pretty. haha

I am doing ok I think. Cramps on and off. Think pain gets better over time. Ya there's pressure on the bladder so always got urge. Imagine past few nite keep going loo. Haizz...really in midst of deep sleep...sian ar. I didn't go work from last Thursday. Will go tomorrow and wed then rest from thu to Monday. Work v stress and can't be away. My journey also v long. From central to east. Just praying hard daily to be blessed.

Milogal I had ugesterone and progynova. Kk standard la..if wanna change can ask for the gel I think. Will go for progesterone test end of the week. I didn't do any acu after ER. Holiday clash so think leave it natural.

Shiro ger and meganl am happy to hear that u r already mummies. Really gifted to have at least one. I pray that u will be blessed to provide your darlings siblings soon.
me too having cramps on n off. the nurse did scan during ET n said my ovaries are abit swollen. I had difficulties sleeping at night. When u turn sideways I can feel the pain. I wonder y I am not very responsive to pergoveris n only yield 2 embryo. still cannot accept the fact. haha

hope you have a great day at work today! relax... n dun stress yourself.

how come u need to go for progesterone test? u go for the test at dr low clinic?

ya, if I really cannot conceive again, I will think it's already a blessing n move on with life.

Sisters I kept utrogestan gels in fridge and today morning when inserting realised they hardened. Very hard balls. Wonder if it was a mistake as previously all left outside and they were soft gels. Will the hard gels dissolve or remain unabsorbed. V worried. Pls advise. Thanks
Don't worry. Our body temp will naturally melt the chilled gels.

Liberated. BFN and AF is here. Heng no ectopic :S Silver lining in the dark cloud. AF reporting is helpful to prepare for BFN, I realize. On past BT with BFN, I always cry after the phone call. Today is the first tear-less BT phone call and the emotions are somewhat already settled down.

Today is the dreaded day in many sisters' IVF journey. It is so mind-numbing... and it'll stay for a while. Thanks for all your kind words, @jas249 @queenie122009 @meganl . May we find the strength in the days to come.

Hi bunnymuimui, i can understand how u r feeling now...i hv the same situation as u in my mar fresh cycle...af came b4 my scheduled bt but end up i went for my bt a day earlier to end my epsoide...coz hated the insert when af is here...

No matter what, u shld still go for ur bt to confirm ur hcg level coz ever heard b4 that there is still a chance of bfp even af is here...big hugssssss to u!!! Pamper urself today no matter wat the bt result is...i know is not easy...i juz went thru that a mth ago n after reading ur msg, i can still rem that threadful bt day...take care!!!

@meganl Somewhere out there, your guardian angel is looking out for you and your prayers are heard. I hope His will is as your prayer for #2 and your family will be blessed once more. Rest very well this 2WW and no regrets because you are doing your very best for your #1 and your family.

We started in 2010. I did 2 fresh + 5 FETs. Took us 3 IVF attempts to #1. Now 4 IVF attempts & counting to #2... Saw docs Kelly, Loh, Sadana, Tan HH until the latter doc says "wah your file so thick". This year I am 37. I feel tired and that even if BFP, my body is not in good condition to carry the pregnancy. But I also recall that even I was amazed by myself when I had #1, busying myself with 3-hr express breastmilk, feeds, taking care of bb by myself during 4 mth maternity leave. And I tell myself that motherhood is an unknown force that will push us to do wonders - right from conception.

After my m/c last Dec, my family (Mom/MIL/DH) expected me to give up pursuing #2. When I did this FET, I wished it my last and I'll leave it to fate. Last night, I started re-asking myself whether I should stop this pursuit. Due to male factor, I have 12 unfertilized embryoes. I had used govt grants for 2 fresh and 3 frozen. If I bring up using this frozen 12, my DH sure to explode with exasperation. He is so ready to live a good life with only 1 kid. But when it comes to #2, he knows that I'm be beyond reason and logic. But this 12 embryoes is truly my last hope cuz I really don't have the determination to go through another fresh.

The bigger the gap, the kids may not be close growing up and I shouldn't harbour any false hopes here. However, there will be be a different kind of bond - a sibling in her life, rather than no one to depend on. This is a mother's wish, that only other mothers can relate without a single word of explanation...

Hi Bunnymuimui,

I really admire your determination! I have just tried 2 fresh n yet complaining liao. Although I very much wanted to have 2nd one, but I have to stop somewhere. I am also 37 this year n my health also not very good. Before IVF I had a breast lump removed n dr asked if I had any injection of whatever kind. I said no. After a 2 rounds of iui my breast lumps came back. I haven got a chance to go back for an ultrasound again. scared if need to remove, got to stop IVF treatment. I am also worried after taking too many jabs etc will cause my health to deteriorate n I can't even take care of my #1. its such a mixed feeling!

if you still have unfertilized embryo just use up. no use keeping them n you will keep thinking abt it again n again.

I didnt keep in fridge. y dun you take out now n let "defroze" back to room temperature. shd be ok ba.

Wow wow.. This thread running too fast.. I tot is the main ivf thread :)

Bunnymuimui,
U know I ll always feel u coz we have similar experiences.. Juz recently, #1 was playing with my cousin's kid & she had soooo much fun being a jie jie.. The pain in my heart stab me so hard & nobody understand..

My AF always report earlier than BT for bfn cycles, once as early as 10dpt.. Damn shitty. But stil, I went for BT to have the closure..

No matter wat the outcome for u today, rest well & have the day for urself yah.. I muz admit I haven't recovered well Fr my recent Bfn as I sooo wish to go somewhere & hide fr everything..

U have done ur very best le.. That's all we can do now.. Pat & hugs..

Meganl,

Mind sharing when u intend to stop pursuing #2? I m forcing myself to come up with a timeline to stop coz we can't simply go on & on like tt.. But u know, how hard it is to come to terms tt we have to stop & #1 is stil playing alone..

Shiro_ger,

Jiayou jiayou! Rooting for u!! Slow & steady might juz b the formulae for ur good news..

actually I wanted to stop last year. I always extend my timeline!

this time round will be my last cycle since there is nothing to freeze! I guess no matter what medication I take also no use or won't produce much eggs. my boss also said she can grant me unpaid for trying at least 2 times. However I know if I really wanna try she cannot stop me. but since I know I am not entitled anymore unpaid, I shall just stop trying.

I always cannot plan for holidays becos it will disrupt my ivf plans. everything got to put on hold. my time is spent visiting tcm n hospital... even my daughter asked me, Mama how come you are always sick? I didn't tell her the truth. In case she go to school n tell her friends. lol

Liberated. BFN and AF is here. Heng no ectopic :S Silver lining in the dark cloud. AF reporting is helpful to prepare for BFN, I realize. On past BT with BFN, I always cry after the phone call. Today is the first tear-less BT phone call and the emotions are somewhat already settled down.

Today is the dreaded day in many sisters' IVF journey. It is so mind-numbing... and it'll stay for a while. Thanks for all your kind words, @jas249 @queenie122009 @meganl . May we find the strength in the days to come.

I am so sorry to hear that. Take it easy. Plan for holidays. U like spicy food? go n eat spicy food, drink coffee etc n do whatever u like!

I am refraining from all these :p

thanks @meganl & @mesara. Think I will ask for a change in med coz somehow my ustrogen keeps coming off! Very irritating.

Haha @meganl your last sentence makes me literally LOL! Yeah, I would guess his wife must be quite pretty.

@bunnymuimui , sorry to hear that. Take Care and we all know how shitty it feels to receive that dreaded phone call. But I always have a 'plan' on that day if it turns out BFN...indulge in all the cold foods, drinks etc which I have to avoid all these while. Does makes my life feel better. Cry if you want to in keeping your sanity. I just teared up while doing acupuncture yest; and when I got home, my emotions got the better of me and I just started crying uncontrollably.....just feeling very stressed up over this whole IVF thingy. So I really salute to you ladies here whom are so determined!

dear bunnymuimui, so sorry to hear that. please take good care of yourself meanwhile ok.. be strong.

i am still coping with the post-effect.. the AF cramps are terrible even though i am not bleeding on the 2nd day anymore.. even went down to O&G yesterday but the doctor there thinks its normal..

Last edited:
The thread moves so fast today and lol @meganl @milogal88 now you gals are thinking about THH’s wife le. I think it doesn’t matter whether she is pretty or not, but she must be real supportive and a thumbs-up mummy. Being the woman behind a male doc is not easy plus THH is such as high flyer and flies frequently for conference. Kudos to the woman behind him.

@meganl I usually boiled or 45mins to an hour where the water turns very dark brown.

@mesara Thanks, but I realised it’s just sooo hard for wanting to give my #1 a sibling. I always ask my dh if we should just be contented with #1 esp after my mum told me that a fortune teller once said that I would only have I child. I was rather affected and still do right now. Duno why I am so strong-willed and want to continue the ivf journey. I’m glad I have my dh as he always try to “console” me saying that no matter what the fortune teller said, we are only accountable to ourselves and we build our own future. We just have to try until we have no means to do it or reach 40 years old. Then we have not excuse to look back, reflect and regret in future. We’ll see how things turn out.

@bunnymuimui, I’m sorry to hear about the result. Going for BT means a proper closure to move on even when AF has reported. Chin up and Jia You! If you are going to stop ivf, maybe you can try naturally after resting your body. Sometimes things will just happen when you don’t think about it and least wanted it. I really understand what you meant when giving your #1 a sibling. We chat about that previously. Think of it this way, if we dun have a #2, at least there will be undivided love and time for #1 as it takes a lot of effort to groom and develop him/her and leaving some personal time for yourself.

@queenie122009, the scan today as ok, but the review doc was rather stumped by my questions:
Right Side: 21, 18, 15.5, 14, 11,11, 10, 9.9, 9, 8.5
Left Side: 16.5, 15, 12.5, 11.5, 11,11, 10.5, 9, 8
She proposed a trigger on Wed and ER on Fri. She also asked me to continue to 150 puregon. I asked her how many would I be sacrificing and after the trigger, based on her estimation, how many follicles could be used for the fertilisation. Her response to me was maybe have to sacrifice 3, and by trigger about 4 would be ready and can be used. I was like “WHAT? How about the rest?” though I asked her nicely that I am worried that the 4 may not be fertilised? So I asked if it is ok to trigger today and do ER on Thurs or e.g. stim more but lesser dosage till Thurs trigger jab. I know follicles growth is unpredictable, but it impt to time the trigger and I am not really convinced with her suggestion even though she's very gentle, nice and quite pretty. Anyway, she went to consult THH and he agreed to stim less and trigger on thurs so that the rest have more time to catch up. Phew, am so glad I voiced out today and THH concurs. Else dh will nag at me for voicing out my concern. Keeping my fingers crossed that the follicles can have a more even growth by Thurs.

Meganl,
This will be ur last cycle coz u r gg to graduate once again!! Good luck & I wish tt ur motherly wish to have a sibling for #1 comes true this round..

Shiro_ger,
Wow!! Well done for voicing out.. I tink I met the gentle, sweet & quite pretty doc during my last fresh.. & ur numbers r reali v good.. I had uneven growth back then, ranging fr 16.5 to 6 @ 450 pergoveris right fr the start.. Hmm.. I shld hv challenged them back then.. Coz juz like u, my actual usable embryos r only 50% of extracted ones..

Anyway, can't turn back time.. & only hope for the best in next FET cycle..

Back