(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies, juz experienced it on Fri evening. Wasn't a lot, juz a bit on and off when I wipe with tissue. Think I shd go get it checked out on Mon. Now more worried abt #1 who seems to be having diahorrea..

Me
Any mommies experience twitching feel in lower abdomen , sometimes on one side of abdomen in 16 weeks ? Not sure whether that's baby movement or gas feel .

Me 16 wks too!! I tot its just my imagination but i guess not ey? My #1, perhaps too early to feel much, but I believe a few days back me n hubby felt baby bumps abt once or twice when we put our hands on my belly n ytd i felt baby bumping ard abt 7-8 times when i put my hands on my belly! I'd like to think of it as real & not my imagination tho hehe! But so far, if hands not on belly, it feels like a lot of fluttering down there ^.^

Hey... when i woke up this morning i tot my tummy suddenly tighten and hard like a rock. I happen to ve sex last night. The hardness is obvious but when i went up to pee n come bck its no more there. Anyone like dat? Im only wk 14... im not sure if im dreaming but im pretty sure its hard cos i think i did press gently against it. Cant b baby move wat....

Yeah i experience rock hardness too.. Not due to sex, i just woke up frm sleep ytd, and its like suddenly so random... Kind of worried.. Like baby pushed his/her head up to the side for fun....

Hi ladies! Been a while.. The situation at work subside, and me & the other obviously preggy mummy is on better terms.. I'm still thinking of quitting or no, feeling very fickle.. Concern is more of getting house, so worried.. Been trying for the past one yr.. :( scared no work, cannot get house..

Already talked to my in-laws, and i'll be confining with MIL.. My own mum doesnt want to take care of me :,( currently she's helping my sister who just gave birth with her confinement, but thats not her reason why.. :( going to stay with my in laws aft baby born, so at least got MIL to help take care baby when I go work.. My own mum doesnt wanna do that.. So now at least dun need to worry so much abt infant care.. Dun quite trust pple with my own newborn..

Other then those sad & stressful things, I've been pretty happy.. plus hubby been very very supportive & helpful.. *sigh* my hero ^.^ & loaded with work, of coz.. Many commented that I dont look preggy, and its getting annoying.. Esp when it comes frm colleagues.. Like duh, I am small sized & its only 16 wks.. 17 wks tomorrow ^.^ Further more i been wearing loose clothing, of coz lah cannot see.. Yup, bought the aladin pants frm cotton on.. SO much more comfy.. Gonna get more, but bigger sized cuz i'm tall & ankles are showing with the M size..

Been having problems with peeing, frequent & alot, and cannot tahan with the problem, esp since toilet is far away at work for me.. So got myself Tena Ladies Pants.. Its like adult pampers, only its slip on pants.. Works well enough IMO.. Those who need to buy em, I recommend it.. But jus gotta be aware after u pee alot.. Looks like u have a bigger butt and/or something at the front there haha...

Oh ya. Just annoyed why does pple need a preggy woman to be showing then they'll believe the woman is preggy? Its not only colleagues, but member of public as well.

Recently was in the bus, reading stuffs frm my preggy apps, and hubby was sitting in front of me, and noticed the girl beside me kept looking at me & my phone, as if saying, "Are you preggy? You dont look preggy"..

Doesnt help I look younger then my age.... -_-"

I got that kinda look as well at the hospital clinic whenever i go for checkups...

I mean.. Do pple really have that shallow thinking that preggy women suddenly got her preggy stomah without gg thru the first few non-preggy stomach showing??

Guess this shows people are pretty much visual creatures.. Even preggy women got dont understand still-new preggy woman....

Hi ladies! Been a while.. The situation at work subside, and me & the other obviously preggy mummy is on better terms.. I'm still thinking of quitting or no, feeling very fickle.. Concern is more of getting house, so worried.. Been trying for the past one yr.. :( scared no work, cannot get house..

Already talked to my in-laws, and i'll be confining with MIL.. My own mum doesnt want to take care of me :,( currently she's helping my sister who just gave birth with her confinement, but thats not her reason why.. :( going to stay with my in laws aft baby born, so at least got MIL to help take care baby when I go work.. My own mum doesnt wanna do that.. So now at least dun need to worry so much abt infant care.. Dun quite trust pple with my own newborn..

Other then those sad & stressful things, I've been pretty happy.. plus hubby been very very supportive & helpful.. *sigh* my hero ^.^ & loaded with work, of coz.. Many commented that I dont look preggy, and its getting annoying.. Esp when it comes frm colleagues.. Like duh, I am small sized & its only 16 wks.. 17 wks tomorrow ^.^ Further more i been wearing loose clothing, of coz lah cannot see.. Yup, bought the aladin pants frm cotton on.. SO much more comfy.. Gonna get more, but bigger sized cuz i'm tall & ankles are showing with the M size..

Been having problems with peeing, frequent & alot, and cannot tahan with the problem, esp since toilet is far away at work for me.. So got myself Tena Ladies Pants.. Its like adult pampers, only its slip on pants.. Works well enough IMO.. Those who need to buy em, I recommend it.. But jus gotta be aware after u pee alot.. Looks like u have a bigger butt and/or something at the front there haha...
I have same problem of no mother wanna help. Both mums not tat old but each has own reason "duno how to take care" and "dun wan to b tie dwn". Doesnt spare a thought of hw much i need to incur cos of their dun wan. Not jus cost, the inconvenience too of rushin to brg bb to ifc n rushing home to pick bb up... sighhh...

Yeah i experience rock hardness too.. Not due to sex, i just woke up frm sleep ytd, and its like suddenly so random... Kind of worried.. Like baby pushed his/her head up to the side for fun....
Feeling weird cos im only wk 14... i tot its too small to feel anything

Oh ya. Just annoyed why does pple need a preggy woman to be showing then they'll believe the woman is preggy? Its not only colleagues, but member of public as well.

Recently was in the bus, reading stuffs frm my preggy apps, and hubby was sitting in front of me, and noticed the girl beside me kept looking at me & my phone, as if saying, "Are you preggy? You dont look preggy"..

Doesnt help I look younger then my age.... -_-"

I got that kinda look as well at the hospital clinic whenever i go for checkups...

I mean.. Do pple really have that shallow thinking that preggy women suddenly got her preggy stomah without gg thru the first few non-preggy stomach showing??

Guess this shows people are pretty much visual creatures.. Even preggy women got dont understand still-new preggy woman....

haha... dont get stress out by what YOU think people are thinking about.... when they see you.
Those moms at the clinic ,who gives you 'that look' probly wish they are more like you & not carrying all that extra weight around.......Just envy lah.
chil-lax..... SMILE !! and be happy.
FYI I started wearing this PIN when i was around 6 months on..... after everyone says I don't look preggy .
Pin says "I AM not fat ... I am pregnant !!" :rolleyes:

I have same problem of no mother wanna help. Both mums not tat old but each has own reason "duno how to take care" and "dun wan to b tie dwn". Doesnt spare a thought of hw much i need to incur cos of their dun wan. Not jus cost, the inconvenience too of rushin to brg bb to ifc n rushing home to pick bb up... sighhh...
Ya tell me abt it.. So sad to have these kind of grandmas...

haha... dont get stress out by what YOU think people are thinking about.... when they see you.
Those moms at the clinic ,who gives you 'that look' probly wish they are more like you & not carrying all that extra weight around.......Just envy lah.
chil-lax..... SMILE !! and be happy.
FYI I started wearing this PIN when i was around 6 months on..... after everyone says I don't look preggy .
Pin says "I AM not fat ... I am pregnant !!" :rolleyes:
Hahaha that's an awesome idea.. In my opinion, I am loving the way I am on this pregnancy, it's just frustrating on how pple think ALL preggy mums must look like at all 9 mths of the pregnancy in order to pass as being pregnant... Sometimes in the trains or bus I feel so criminal sitting at the special seats esp during busy period, but I could care less cuz feeling dizzy standing up too long haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 244
Ya tell me abt it.. So sad to have these kind of grandmas...
To be fair ..... the grandparents had already raised a generation . I'm sure if you'd Ask them to help babysit only once a while ....most gdparents would be agreeable and Won't mind helping out.
But if they were to take over full time bb care while you work is another thing altogether.
Our children should be our responsibilities not the grandparents .
This is just my thoughts ...hope I didn't offend anyone here . Rgds

Last edited:
To be fair ..... the grandparents had already raised a generation . I'm sure if you'd Ask them to help babysit only once a while ....most gdparents would be agreeable and Won't mind helping out.
But if they were to take over full time bb care while you work is another thing altogether.
I agree

At times having the grandparents around May also be a challenge as they expect the upbringing to be as per their ways. We as parents these days normally already know how we want to bring our kids up. We do accept guidance and advice but at times parents expect more.

hey how mani weeks u in... will need new preggy suit ah?. i still tinking of wearing my old bikini (lazy buy swimsuit). the aqua has Fri slots for 7pm beginning on 12/Jun, or Tuesday 7pm beginning 14/Jul or Thurs slot 8pm beginning from 25/jun
I will be wk 17 tmr. I can still wear my bikini but not very comfy wearing it in a public pool!

Hi jamie10, Enchanted and EatSleepGrowFat, I have added you to the Facebook group. Please check your email and spam folders :)

I went for my first pre-natal yoga class last week at Art of Yoga, near Siglap/East Coast. http://artofyoga.sg/ You can book free trial. I have been going yoga there pre-pregnancy as like the small grp size and coziness....unlike those chain yoga ones with many students in a class. When I was there last week, only 6 students, incl myself.

I already have a package from my pre-pregnancy days and continuing the use of it. They were nice to extend the expiry date as I stopped totally during my 1st trim.

I'm interested in going there as it is near my place. Are the pre-natal classes new, as I didn't notice before? Was hoping to go for weekday morning or afternoon classes. Have you tried the ones at Updog Studio before?

Well, ur right in a sense.. I wouldn't mind quitting my full time job to take care of my baby.. Just unfortunately, financially it will be very tough on my husband.. Don't get me wrong when I say that abt grandparents, it doesn't mean I wanna fully put away my responsibility as a mummy and put it all on my parents or in-laws.. Then what about those who put their kids in infant care or child care & many jolly well expect the teachers to be able to do loads of things for their one child.. Are we putting the responsibilities to the child/infant care teacher then? Surely many parents hoped, that because the parents paid so much for the fees, that child/infant cares to be able to impart many knowledge onto their kids & at the end of the day, the kids are able to do loads more then what many parents think they do not have the capability to teach when they are the ones who are supposed to be responsible for their children's upbringing. Then what about those with maids? Why are people leaving their kids with maids? May I say parents are putting aside their responsibility as well, as how you're implying for those who chooses to want to have their parents help take care of their own grandchildren? Letting the maids take care of the kids while they work?

One is own blood who have already done a generation, and taking care of their own grandchildren. The other is a group of dedicated teachers who themselves may have grown their own children or may not yet and both groups are getting paid for taking care of most probably a GROUP of kids. And the last group is perhaps too someone who already have their kids and getting paid to take care of your one child or your few children.

What's the difference in these 3 ways then? Does it mean parents are putting aside their responsibility just because of who they choose to take care of their children, so that they may go out to work to support their finances?

It doesn't make a parent less of a parent of who they choose to take care of their kids. What's worse is those who irresponsibly let their kids be alone while they work without even trying to work out any arrangements. At least there is responsibility when parents are making arrangements.

Same like how one gives birth. It doesn't make a mummy who choose the less painful way of epidural less of a mummy as compared to a natural birth giving mummy, and it doesn't make a mummy less of a mummy if she needs to go for c-section as compared to mummies who don't.

It's a matter of ways & choices. At the end of the day, mummies are mummies. Not one mummy do things the exact same way as another mummy, or even for each of their own kids.

Don't judge another for their choices. Because we never know who maybe judging us for our choices.

Hey ladies
What I do is to wear my bikini still and wear another layer top like a tankini. Not so exposed.
If I am not swimming laps and moving too much (basically sit by the pool to get sunshine and fresh air) I just wear my hubby's sports tank top that is too tight for him (he he he. Save monies)
Maternity swim gear is not cheap and also not much variety.
Any other recommendations ladies?

I'm interested in going there as it is near my place. Are the pre-natal classes new, as I didn't notice before? Was hoping to go for weekday morning or afternoon classes. Have you tried the ones at Updog Studio before?

Don't think it is new, at least not when I joined last year. They only have 2 slots for pre natal class: Thurs night or Sunday afternoon. Let me know if you are going, good to meet fellow Oct mummies there :)

Nope not been to the updog studio before, not so convenient for me.

Hi all,
has anyone here having a nanny to take care of your infant instead of putting in infant care?
Heard from a couple of friends advice the infant tend to get sick usually. and worse case you still have to go and pick up the kid if he or she is not well. so kind of pointless to spend $ to infant care.

Having grandparents to help may or may not really help. Might give more problems esp if they insist on their way...
Nanny is a gd choice if it is a highly recommended one. Trustable. If not I would rather u put in IFC. Cos nanny is alone... IFC at least more policing.

Anyway does anyone encountered u/s scans at 16 weeks when doctor mentioned that it's a girl and at 20weeks detailed scan, it showed a boy???

Hahaha that's an awesome idea.. In my opinion, I am loving the way I am on this pregnancy, it's just frustrating on how pple think ALL preggy mums must look like at all 9 mths of the pregnancy in order to pass as being pregnant... Sometimes in the trains or bus I feel so criminal sitting at the special seats esp during busy period, but I could care less cuz feeling dizzy standing up too long haha

I'm into my 15th week and still not showing much (I wore loose clothing).. nobody has offered their seats to me so I've been standing in trains on the way to work. Like you, I will feel dizzy and faint if I stand too long.. but what's worse is I have thalassemia :(.. any time any place, I will faint. Dangerous. Bit paiseh to ask for seats too, since they will think I'm trying to act to get seats. Nobody will give up their seats to you unless you have baby bump the size of watermelon. :confused:

Anyway does anyone encountered u/s scans at 16 weeks when doctor mentioned that it's a girl and at 20weeks detailed scan, it showed a boy???
Maybe the gynae didn't check properly ? I am going for mine and wondering if this will happen too. I will pay attention and look carefully when the gynae tells me what is the gender.

Maybe the gynae didn't check properly ? I am going for mine and wondering if this will happen too. I will pay attention and look carefully when the gynae tells me what is the gender.
My gynae is Dr. Adrian Woodworth, went at 13 weeks Dr. mentioned that was a little bit of spot there and it looked boyish, but ytd scan at 16 weeks Dr mentioned looked like girl cause he could see anything in between the legs, he did the scan very fast though, so me and my hubby wasn't very convinced. we both saw the spot there clearly at 13 weeks.. will be going for my 2nd appt of Oscar scan, guess it will be more certain by then..

Normally the sonographer will not reveal the gender during the OSCAR test.
They will ask you to wait until detail scan at w20 to be 100% certain.
But i heard usually it is more easier to detect a boy than a girl.

My gynae is Dr. Adrian Woodworth, went at 13 weeks Dr. mentioned that was a little bit of spot there and it looked boyish, but ytd scan at 16 weeks Dr mentioned looked like girl cause he could see anything in between the legs, he did the scan very fast though, so me and my hubby wasn't very convinced. we both saw the spot there clearly at 13 weeks.. will be going for my 2nd appt of Oscar scan, guess it will be more certain by then..

My gynae is also Dr Adrian. A few weeks back during checkup, he mentioned my BB looks like boy as the "spot" was seen, but he did mention that for confirmation, next checkup more accurate

Hihi! My edd is actually early Nov but should be out by end oct.

Can add me in FB? :)
[email protected]

I've been having spotting and have been taking utrogestan. Is it common to keep having spotting?

At 13weeks the clitoris of baby girl may not have fully receded and thus you will see something in between the legs during ultrasound. This happens for my girl.. At 16w ultrasound, the area between the legs became totally flat.

have any oct mummies to be started stocking up on baby stuff?

whenever I buy things from fellow mummies, I always feel self conscious as my tummy still not showing much yet haha.

Back