IVF/ICSI Support Group

I had 20 eggs extracted. Potential for OHSS which I did have even when no ET. So doctor froze my 4 good eggs and to do FET this month. Does everyone in KK on FET have to take the hormone pills? From the leaflet or piece of paper they passed to me at KK, seems like everyone on artificial thaw cycle has to take the hormone pills...
They r oral med to take if is medicated FET...

For those who have given me advises... Thank you... My husband and I decided to try with Dr Loh...

Bubbybear, 2nd cycle was a long cycle. Embarked it after I had a laproscopy to remove ovarian cyst... That resulted in my low Amh...

As much as I wan to keep trying, but the cost portion is quite an issue...
Tsf, jia you, jia you!!!

When r u starting ur nxt cycle? All the best!!! Fighting!!!

Should I start drinking h20 from today to prevent ohss...any other food to take after ER. Be for ER took 5 egg whites chicken essence almond nuts avacado and kiwi daily. Don't know if continue. The egg whites are the biggest challenge.
Mesara, i heard egg whites help to relieve ohss...i actuali took 2 egg whites, chicken essence n LRD tea during my 2ww..

Mesara,

Not so good news. I just went for my 1st scan and there are only 2 follicles despite being on stimulation for 4 days. My initial count was 3, now it seems the third one is not growing at all. I am already at the highest dosage, don't think there is any other super drug to make more follicles for me.:(. Converting to IUI now.

Ladies, anyone here with similar experience to share?

Hi, Very much will depend on the medications u require. KKH will be cheaper overall.

We have visited Dr Loh at TMC previously and HB was diagnosed with low sperm count n poor mobility. Was at the stage to proceed with IVF but came to know that Dr Loh no subsidies so now deciding who to go.

Mesara,

Not so good news. I just went for my 1st scan and there are only 2 follicles despite being on stimulation for 4 days. My initial count was 3, now it seems the third one is not growing at all. I am already at the highest dosage, don't think there is any other super drug to make more follicles for me.:(. Converting to IUI now.

Ladies, anyone here with similar experience to share?
What did yr doc say. R u seeing private doc. My follicles on d5 were not even so I went to Dr loh at tmc and he gave me extra jab to make them grow evenly and they did tho kk said I was on max dosage pergoveris. Do u want to seek second opinion before converting cycle gal. Hope for the best. Praying for u.

What did yr doc say. R u seeing private doc. My follicles on d5 were not even so I went to Dr loh at tmc and he gave me extra jab to make them grow evenly and they did tho kk said I was on max dosage pergoveris. Do u want to seek second opinion before converting cycle gal. Hope for the best. Praying for u.
Mesara, what was the extra jab given by dr Loh ?

I'm only taking the progynova. Does that mean I'm on medicated FET? How do doctors decide medicated or not? I wasn't there to collect the progynova myself and hence missed out some info...
If u are taking Progynova before ET then yes that's medicated FET. Progynova is for building lining.
Natural FET is without any meds, just a trigger jab I think.

I'm only taking the progynova. Does that mean I'm on medicated FET? How do doctors decide medicated or not? I wasn't there to collect the progynova myself and hence missed out some info...
If u are taking Progynova before ET then yes that's medicated FET. Progynova is for building lining.
Natural FET is without any meds, just a trigger jab I think.

Dr recommended natural fet for me cos my AF cycle is regular.

I dont have a trigger jab leh, just start progesterone support 3 days before ET.

I dont have a trigger jab leh, just start progesterone support 3 days before ET.
Maybe different hosp term it differently?
Nuh will classify this under medicated cos natural is totally drug-free before ET, only 1 trigger jab to make u O. Medicated no trigger jab cos no need O to take place, just build lining.

Did anyone have consultation with Dr Khong Chit Chong at KKH?

My first fresh was done by him and i bfp-ed. Very professional and is a man of very few words. Ocassionally will crack lame jokes. Nonetheless i chge to a pte gynae aft bfp. Have you gone for your consultation with him?

My first fresh was done by him and i bfp-ed. Very professional and is a man of very few words. Ocassionally will crack lame jokes. Nonetheless i chge to a pte gynae aft bfp. Have you gone for your consultation with him?

My lst appt with him is on 11/5. There r mix reviews on him so wanna find out more.

Maybe different hosp term it differently?
Nuh will classify this under medicated cos natural is totally drug-free before ET, only 1 trigger jab to make u O. Medicated no trigger jab cos no need O to take place, just build lining.

I'm also not sure leh.... i went for scans and urine test to confirm that I've o this month, if no o, will cancel the cycle and we will have to pay for the scans and Drs review bcos cannot claim FET grant. No trigger. Maybe different protocol for different hospitals. This is interesting to know.

My AF also regular leh... Odd... But I never hear anything abt me getting a trigger jab before ET. Must trigger O before can ET? So potentially still possible to get pregnant normally and also plus transferred embryo???

The more I read post in this support group, I cannot seemed to find support but frustration. Especially, hoping to find success in just one strike seemed very impossible. Anyone know if those has conceive before naturally with life birth, now Going on IVF, do they stand better chance? Or is just like anyone depending our luck and body?

Hi ladies,
I have 15 ovulation test strips to bless. Expiry is July 2015. If anyone needs, just pm me.
I'm going to deliver my #1 next month, conceived after 3 fresh IVF tries.
All the best to all going through this journey!

**Update: all are taken!**

Attachments

• Ovulation strips.jpg
    Ovulation strips.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
The more I read post in this support group, I cannot seemed to find support but frustration. Especially, hoping to find success in just one strike seemed very impossible. Anyone know if those has conceive before naturally with life birth, now Going on IVF, do they stand better chance? Or is just like anyone depending our luck and body?
IVF failures are due to many factors: egg development, fertilization, embryo development, implantation, etc.
So those who have conceived & delivered before definitely stand better chances than those "unproven" ones.
Nevertheless, I believe luck and body condition play big roles in our success. Jia you!

My lst appt with him is on 11/5. There r mix reviews on him so wanna find out more.

Personal experiences are really very subjective coz individual tolerance threshold is different. What may sound reasonable to be you may not be that for me. You go for your first visit and see if you are comfortable with him. Anyway my DR also shared with me that Dr KCC is very experience even though he is not in the department for reproduction medicine. Another plus thing is that if you bfp and decide to stick with him, he does night clinic at the satelite centre in AMK.

Sorry that u are frustrated. Maybe u can share what ur frustrated about? Actually this forum is a good place for queries u may have regarding ivf... but it may not make the ivf journey easier because every one has different reaction to ivf drugs and such. Conceived naturally before may not mean ivf success as well because our bodies change as we age. End of day, u do need to be comfortable abt what ur getting into and trust your Dr's recommendation for u.

Dear all,

I hv juz given birth to my baby boy on 30th April. He was born via C-Section as Doc advise to bring him out earlier. He was conceived via my first IVF try. We believed that we are really lucky and baby dust to all again.

Attachments

• 1430576744644.jpg
    1430576744644.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 211
I'm sorry u feel this way.. If u don't mind, I'd share my personal experience.
I joined this forum the day after I failed my 1st ivf. Beforehand I didn't know abt this forum. I was soooo devastated that I really wanted to find people who understand what I'm going thru.

Yes the thing I 1st noticed in this forum is that ivf takes multiple tries & it's v disappointing to learn that. But I eventually felt glad to know what reality is.
I had gone into ivf with overly high false hopes & that actually crushed me. I cried during BT & the ivf nurse nicely told me, when I had decided to embark on this journey, I should be prepared for whatever outcome.

This forum taught me facts & reality. But the main thing I learnt is still perseverance. After chatting & reading abt other sisters' experience, I was very encouraged cos many who encouraged me had actually gone thru even much more.

I tidied my feelings & embarked on my 2nd frozen attempt with a more prepared & realistic mentality. I'm very lucky to bfp that round & I have the sisters in here to thank for bringing me thru my journey :)

I joined this forum the day after I failed my 1st ivf. Beforehand I didn't know abt this forum. I was soooo devastated that I really wanted to find people who understand what I'm going thru.

Yes the thing I 1st noticed in this forum is that ivf takes multiple tries & it's v disappointing to learn that. But I eventually felt glad to know what reality is.
I had gone into ivf with overly high false hopes & that actually crushed me. I cried during BT & the ivf nurse nicely told me, when I had decided to embark on this journey, I should be prepared for whatever outcome.

This forum taught me facts & reality. But the main thing I learnt is still perseverance. After chatting & reading abt other sisters' experience, I was very encouraged cos many who encouraged me had actually gone thru even much more.

I tidied my feelings & embarked on my 2nd frozen attempt with a more prepared & realistic mentality. I'm very lucky to bfp that round & I have the sisters in here to thank for bringing me thru my journey :)
Initially I had also had false hopes on ivf since i was able to bfp first iui, ivf will be successful at one try. But this forum helps me with so much info n be realistic. My first ivf failed, but I was able to pick up very quickly n move on learning it's a journey with trials n error.
Interestingly my first time knowing blastocyst was at this forum & I have raised it with Dr THH on Fri. He feels it's a viable option for women reaching 40 & I will be trying that. Also much easier for me to understand endo scratch, which I am going for next month.

Thanks so much ladies.

Initially I also had false hopes on ivf since i was able to bfp first iui, ivf will be successful at one try. But this forum helps me with so much info n be realistic. My first ivf failed, but I was able to pick up very quickly n move on learning it's a journey with trials n error.
Interestingly my first time knowing blastocyst was at this forum & I have raised it with Dr THH on Fri. He feels it's a viable option for women reaching 40 & I will be trying that. Also much easier for me to understand endo scratch, which I am going for next month.

Thanks so much ladies.

Dear all,

I hv juz given birth to my baby boy on 30th April. He was born via C-Section as Doc advise to bring him out earlier. He was conceived via my first IVF try. We believed that we are really lucky and baby dust to all again.
Fion40,congrats! Hope to grab yr baby dust

I think it's not true. Everyone here is supporting one another in a different way. IVF is nvr an easy journey n instead of keeping the emotions in you, you rant out here.

I m one lucky IVF-er. Bfp on my 1st attempt on 2011. However, I had a bfn for my 2013 cycle n my 2014 cycle is bfp.

I have friends who bfp naturally eventually going for IVF for #2 Cux age has caught up. There are also cases whereby one get bfp naturally aft going thru IVFs.

No one knows which has better luck.. But this is a very good support group since I joined in 2011.

My perspective on this support group is different. This is where I've found abundance of support and information, and a place where i can vent my frustration on the ivf journey , knowing that sisters here will understand.

Though you already have 5 children, I reckon your desire for a 6th child might be as strong as those of us trying for a 1st or 2nd one , and you hope as much as us that every attempt of ivf will be successful.

Unfortunately, experiences tell us that success in ivf is not guaranteed, and the journey is often trying, that's why we come to this support group.

we share joy and gain hope when sisters bfp, we share sorrow and give comfort when someone bfn, we are grateful when graduated sisters stay in this group to give advice and share experiences.

I hope that if you stay in the group during your ivf journey, you will find the group as beneficial as most of us do :)

Hello sistas, juz wondering if anyone encounter unusual bleeding on day 10th while taking dhea or any supplement? I started encountering the above after taking supplement to prepare for my 3rd cycle. Any advice or experience sharing is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

teddy75, this is a forum that tells you REALITY..not many strike it in one attempt . do not worry so much about your chances .Do the necessary, hope for the best and prepare for the worse. i wld suggest u take it easy since u already have five kids . feel free to share your frustrations of your IVF journey here . u will find alot of support from alot of sisters here.good luck

Hello sistas, juz wondering if anyone encounter unusual bleeding on day 10th while taking dhea or any supplement? I started encountering the above after taking supplement to prepare for my 3rd cycle. Any advice or experience sharing is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I had bleeding mid cycle when taking epo... no experience with dhea. All I know is when starting new supplements:: is possible that it may affect ur cycle initially... bleeding... longer or shorter cycles... but do seek dr advice if ur bleeding is heavy or ur very concerned

I had bleeding mid cycle when taking epo... no experience with dhea. All I know is when starting new supplements:: is possible that it may affect ur cycle initially... bleeding... longer or shorter cycles... but do seek dr advice if ur bleeding is heavy or ur very concerned
Could it be implantation spotting?

Hi all, self intro myself a bit. I'm turning 30 this yr and my hub is turning 31. We have been ttc for a year but no news :( went for check up and hub is diagnosed with low morphology. So far i'm fine. We decided to go to polyclinic for referral to Kkh. I'm kinda confuse with iui, ivf etc. Pardon me as this thread is really too long to scroll back and read. Will be glad if anyone could explain to me the difference and the charges. Thanks! Hub & me are worried abt the charges as we are getting our new bto next wk. Btw both hub & me are singaporean. I got quite upset whenever my menses come. Hub & my r/s gone a bit bad but now we are ok. Initially my hub is very against ivf as he feels that it's not natural but been taking proxeed plus from gynae also useless and just started seeing tcm at clementi. Dunno whether it helps or not or just giving ourselves a faith of hope that tcm help.

Last edited:
Hi all, self intro myself a bit. I'm turning 30 this yr and my hub is turning 31. We have been ttc for a year but no news :( went for check up and hub is diagnosed with low morphology. So far i'm fine. We decided to go to polyclinic for referral to Kkh. I'm kinda confuse with iui, ivf etc. Pardon me as this thread is really too long to scroll back and read. Will be glad if anyone could explain to me the difference and the charges. Thanks! Hub & me are worried abt the charges as we are getting our new bto next wk. Btw both hub & me are singaporean. I got quite upset whenever my menses come. Hub & my r/s gone a bit bad but now we are ok. Initially my hub is very against ivf as he feels that it's not natural but been taking proxeed plus from gynae also useless and just started seeing tcm at clementi. Dunno whether it helps or not or just giving ourselves a faith of hope that tcm help.
Hi hi!
Sorry to hear abt your situation. Sounds like I went thru almost the exact same things as u! U are not alone!
Basically IUI is where they wash your hubby's sperm to retrieve the better ones. If u ovulate regularly then most prob u no need meds, just need to go u/s scans. When u ready to O, then dr will put back washed sperm into your uterus using a thin tube &. IUI cost abt $600+ excluding scans & HIV bloodtests. So prepare abt $1k for each IUI.
IVF is more complicated. U need jabs to produce many eggs, then dr will extract the eggs via a small op. Egg & sperm will then b combined in the lab. If fertilized, dr will transfer into your uterus in the same way as IUI.
IVF costs more than $10k depends on how much jabs u need. But u do qualify for the $12.3k govt grant & medisave if u do in govt hosp, so maybe no need cash.
I used to be v against ivf for the same reason too. But mindset changed along the way as I prayed abt it. Give your hubby some time.

Thanks chloe. May i ask what epo is? I was wondering if the culprit is dhea or royal jelly. From net, bleeding is not shown as a side effects for dhea while for royal jelly it is.. but I had tried taking royal jelly before as a single supplment (though different brand) way before to my 2nd cycle and no issue.

I'm 32 and hubby is 34. Same low morphology. Did IUI twice in a private clinic before gg to kk for IVF. Hubby wants the kids more than me... Tried tcm medication for half a year and expensive too! So might as well go to IVF. That was what I thought.

Men and women have ego. Some men think that seeking IVF help is insulting their manhood, so they need time to digest the idea of IVF.

Give your hubby some room and space to ponder about IVF, he may change his mind later.

My hubby used to be optimistic and patient about our fertility, so it took him 6 years to agree to see a doctor.

Take note that like TCM, IVF success rate is not 100% one. People around me used to think IVF guarantee a baby until I explained the facts to them. IVF is not 100% but it at least gives us some hope of parenthood.

Last edited:
Thanks chloe. May i ask what epo is? I was wondering if the culprit is dhea or royal jelly. From net, bleeding is not shown as a side effects for dhea while for royal jelly it is.. but I had tried taking royal jelly before as a single supplment (though different brand) way before to my 2nd cycle and no issue.
Evening primrose oil. Fyi royal jelly also screwed up my cycle became much longer than usual... although I had no bleeding

Hi sisters, any1 encountered sweating profusely for a few mins while on the tww? It is definitely not due to the weather bcos I hv the aircon directly blowing at me and i m still sweating for that few mins but after that it's back to normal and it has happened for a few times last weekend. My hubby in the same rm wasn't sweating and he is the one that is more prone to sweating. So I was wondering if it is due to the side effects of utrogestan?

Yes, be realistic. Try not to compare urself with those women who are pregnant or already have children, it will only make u worse. What I feel most important is husband's support. I'm very blessed with a wonderful husband. I'm going through 2nd round fresh. I told myself I'm considered lucky to have a happy marriage and appreciate what God has given me even thought it might be without a child. With this, i feel less burdened and less stressful. It's nearing to my BT but I'm embracing myself to face whatever result is. Jus be prepared if it's going to be a negative. Sound negative but it's the reality of life.

Initially I had also had false hopes on ivf since i was able to bfp first iui, ivf will be successful at one try. But this forum helps me with so much info n be realistic. My first ivf failed, but I was able to pick up very quickly n move on learning it's a journey with trials n error.

Thanks so much ladies.
Char-mee
Blastocyst is how cells growth and which day aft ET?

Back