2015 Gynae package price and recommendation

Dr Adrian Tan Chek Jin @ Clinic ACJ , TMC.

Package starts from week 20 at $788.
Includes consultation, dipstix, scans.

Before signing package charges (excludes GST)
Consultation $68
Ultrasound $78
Dipstix $9
Duphaston (20tabs) $31
Progesterone jabs (2amp) $39
DHA fish capsules $60

Last edited:
this is the package from dr john yam..

ImageUploadedByForum1425401882.503179.jpg

How many weeks r u?

Cos tey give it to me when i like 12weeks..

So i can go back take a look, next appt then ask me wanna sign package anot

Wow, i'm with Dr John Yam too. But i have not seen this piece of paper before... As in Jackie (nurse) never shows me... Until now i don't know how much it costs to deliver under him.... Thanks for sharing this!

How many weeks r u?

Cos tey give it to me when i like 12weeks..

So i can go back take a look, next appt then ask me wanna sign package anot
I'm already 31 weeks... They never pass me this paper and i just signed the package cos is recommended by my friends... Haha... Now i worry for the Glene bill.... Hope everything is smooth smooth!

Anyone heard of epidural not being able to be poked into the body and caused bleeding.... Apparently my friend's wife suffered 8 pokes before the epidural was introduced....

Wow..

My friend just give birth in gleneagle in jan.

She choose natural, but has emergency csect instead. Stay abt 3-4night there. Her bill before medisave subsidy is 20k!!!

I not sure hw much medisave can deduct? Maybe few thousands nia.

Ladies, any idea both hubby & mine medisave can be used in combination?

I'm already 31 weeks... They never pass me this paper and i just signed the package cos is recommended by my friends... Haha... Now i worry for the Glene bill.... Hope everything is smooth smooth!

Wow..

She choose natural, but has emergency csect instead. Stay abt 3-4night there. Her bill before medisave subsidy is 20k!!!

OMG............. My friend is normal vaginal delivery, 2-bedder (cos 1-bedder was full), her bill is $7k and she paid like $4k cash.... I think your friend will end up paying like $13k??
Nowadays hospital bills are way more expensive than drs' fees..... I wonder with the insurance thingy affecting the drs, maybe drs' fees will heighten next time as well, passing the buck to consumers like us instead... Pray all shun shun.....

OMG............. My friend is normal vaginal delivery, 2-bedder (cos 1-bedder was full), her bill is $7k and she paid like $4k cash.... I think your friend will end up paying like $13k??
Nowadays hospital bills are way more expensive than drs' fees..... I wonder with the insurance thingy affecting the drs, maybe drs' fees will heighten next time as well, passing the buck to consumers like us instead... Pray all shun shun.....
Wow..

What do u mean by use both hubby and your medisave in combination? Think usually is either one.

Having a baby needs a lot of financial planning. Not matter how must have enough cash to buffer the not so good scenario even for low risk one as we never know what will happen during the day itself, from there u know whether u should say downgrade your room, which hospital should u choose.

Got a fren also end up emergency csect in kkh... At least she can choose b1 instead of a class so the bill won't be so horrible.

Anyone has Gynae with good stitching skill to recommend? Review on dr Claudine tan is good but she's away in Dec do can't choose her alrdy.

Anyone has Gynae with good stitching skill to recommend? Review on dr Claudine tan is good but she's away in Dec do can't choose her alrdy.
Im seeing Dr Irene Chua, having read reviews about her on forums and having my gynae friends telling me shes good at that. :)

One of my colleagues commented that ACJ Clinic Dr Caroline Khi stitching skills is brillant, and very patient.

Im choosing between dr ben choey from sbcc or dr irene chua at glenagles.

Any review of these two gynae?

Thanks

Im choosing between dr ben choey from sbcc or dr irene chua at glenagles.

Any review of these two gynae?

Thanks
Hello, i think i did a review of Dr Irene Chua previously and doesnt wanna sound like im hardselling her as i'm not personally related to her at all. Haha. Shes highly recommended by my gynae bestie and a couple of my gynae friends who chose her for delivery. Shes strict with her surgical standards but an assuring and very nice doctor to patients. One thing i like about her is how she always makes me feel at ease at every check up. Heard her stitching is good too. Shes slightly pricier though (package at 1.1k$ from 20 weeks).

Hello, i think i did a review of Dr Irene Chua previously and doesnt wanna sound like im hardselling her as i'm not personally related to her at all. Haha. Shes highly recommended by my gynae bestie and a couple of my gynae friends who chose her for delivery. Shes strict with her surgical standards but an assuring and very nice doctor to patients. One thing i like about her is how she always makes me feel at ease at every check up. Heard her stitching is good too. Shes slightly pricier though (package at 1.1k$ from 20 weeks).

Hihi! My sis in law 2bb are from irene chua too.. but i find it abit pricey and the travel distance is a problem. But i went to see her before. She is nice.. but sometimes she's busy. Chop chop ley u come out le..

Hihi! My sis in law 2bb are from irene chua too.. but i find it abit pricey and the travel distance is a problem. But i went to see her before. She is nice.. but sometimes she's busy. Chop chop ley u come out le..
Haha, yah shes quite busy and i think she speaks quite fast hence creating the chop chop impression. But, if u have any concerns, she really will go all out to allay your fears. She even replies my emails on the same night about my swollen ankle. Hence i have no issues with her style haha i think patient and doctor needs to have chemistry too haha must be able to click hehe :p

If you choose a designated gynae in kkh it will be considered as private rates. Google for the gynae in kkh from their site as they have a lot of gynaes left to pursue private practice at other hospitals like tmc n mt a.

Hi, this is my first pregnancy. This should be my 6th week, but I have not visited any gynae yet.
Friends recommended 3 gynaes:
1) Dr Esther Ng (Mt A)
2) Dr Benjamin Tham (TMC)
3) Dr TC Chang (TMC)

anyone has experience with any of them? would appreciate if you can share your views and their latest charges too...thanks!!!

I been with dr benjamin tham for 3 pregnancy, jus delivered 5days back :)
i like his humourous character, and also the comfortable communication n talks with him. Stitch wise i find v gd n fast. Only stayed 1night in hosp :)

So far during the visits at the clinic is normally pack, but appt wise is still alright unless change appt date(v hard to get a gd slot), if urgent cases i normally will email him to get his reply instead of gg thru the clinic nurse.

Gynae package from 12wks start. $650 exclude medication and treatments. Bring thumbdrive to save all the scans!

My delivery fee before deductions $1.7k

Hi all,

currently 7wks..all this is so new to me. can some one kindly explain what does a package consist of? delivery and hospitalisation stay too?

hoping to find a gynae at kkh but now wondering if cost is really cheaper then pte or slight difference only.

thnx for your help!

Hi pop, package only consists if urine stick, weight and blood pressure checking, consultation and scan, excluding medicine or supplements and other scans/testa required. Delivery and hospital is another charge. Hospital charge also depends on your choice of bed and type of delivery. You need to check with respective gynae and hospital. If you have designated gynae in kkh it will be considered as private rates. You want cheap and subsidized would be no choosing of gynae and only class b ward. So really depends on your preferences. Hope the answered helps you in your decision

Hi pop, package only consists if urine stick, weight and blood pressure checking, consultation and scan, excluding medicine or supplements and other scans/testa required. Delivery and hospital is another charge. Hospital charge also depends on your choice of bed and type of delivery. You need to check with respective gynae and hospital. If you have designated gynae in kkh it will be considered as private rates. You want cheap and subsidized would be no choosing of gynae and only class b ward. So really depends on your preferences. Hope the answered helps you in your decision

ok great! that was helpful thnx

anyone done oscar scan at 12wk? i just done it at SGH last wk cost $380? is it market price for all private patient

I did Oscar in kkh too but mine was subsidized rate that time. About 90 after subsidize. Tmc cost about $500 if I m not wrong but it's a package that do Oscar and A3 scan (aka retailer scan)

anyone done oscar scan at 12wk? i just done it at SGH last wk cost $380? is it market price for all private patient
Yup abt there. Abt 400bucks mkt price, just the private like tmc got bundled with other scan as well.

just to share the OSCAR test bills I did at TMC level 4 in Jan 2015.

I took up the OSCAR + FA package(detail scan at w20). A pre-eclampsia screening was add-on to OSCAR. So this is my total bill.

OSCAR + FA SCAN Package $463
Pre-eclampsia screening $175

On top of that, I was entitled to 5% discount with the SBI card.

Total amount $648.55 w gst.

Hi ladies, I'm 16 weeks and a first time mom, and very excited to welcome our new member. I'm currently seeing Dr Esther Ng. (Read lotsa good reviews on her and also due to fact that I wanna deliver at Mt A.)

To estimate the total expenditure, I checked the clinic to check on various rates:

20 weeks onwards: $950+
Delivery rate: $3K
Post-natal visit by doct: $300/visit to your bed while u are warded

All these are the charges for normal delivery, say you opt for C section, the rate Delivery Rate will go up to $4K - $4.3K.

Mt A hospital charges: ranges from $2.1K - $3.5K (for 2-bedded, depending on the complexity from normal delivery to with assistance to C-section).

I am fine with the hospital estimates and the 20 weeks onwards rates, cos, after scanning through pages of online forums and also checking with friends who recently delivered, these rates seem reasonable and "market rate".

BUT - the delivery rate at $3k is alittle on the high side (or so I think)... I have seen many other recommendations with $1.8k - $2.5k delivery charges, but hearing that the cost is $3K shocked me abit.

So here I am to check with all you mummies-to-be, if you already checked how much your delivery rate is from your current doc and if so, will you be so kind to share the info, so I can be less shocked with mine, or if you think this is way too exp just for a noraml delivery rate. (I was actually only expecting $2.3-$2.5K.. hmmm)

My doctor's fees are as follows:
Package from week 20 (excluding medications or additional tests): $1.1k
Delivery Charges for Normal delivery (excluding compulsory PD and epidural fees) : $3k onwards
C-sect:$3800 onwards

Gleneagles Single Ward Charges: $3.7k

hi all anyone has an idea of how much kkh will cost for delivery? and they dont ve gynae consultation package right?

hi all anyone has an idea of how much kkh will cost for delivery? and they dont ve gynae consultation package right?

@pop123
you can check out the other forum thread "lastest bill for delivery in hosiptal" the 1st entry was already KKH price, for A1 ward. I dont think there is any package, but i think the rates are reasonable, though I am not a patient there (I might swtich over soon).
They have a calculator for you to estimate your bill size, go to this page:
http://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Women/MaternityServices/Pages/DeliveryBillCalculator.aspx

Hi, Yes I m visiting dr wong.. he has been very quiet for all my visits n maybe is because I got nothing much to ask. But I understand fr my frenz that usually he will not ask u do any unnecessary test. The only test I did was vaginal test as I bleed when I pass motion..
i also bleed when i pass motion...hmmm if there any indication ?

Back