IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Good luck @mesara for your ET & @meganl for your ER on Sat!!

My protocol this time is like yours @meganl. My stim only starts D8! D3-D7 on the blocker. I keep looking at the jab sheet if they wrote wrongly not. Anyways, if I do respond well like you, guess Dr THH will not be around for my ER/ET :(.......
Thanks gal. What's the blocker? What's yr dosage of pergoveris. ..r u on saizen too...all the best to you. Jia you. When r u starting... ya we all prefer Dr tan but sometimes this happens. Have faith in your embbies. It will be bfp

I see. I have to tell my colleagues n boss cos need pple to cover my work. took unpaid leave. Therefore I cannot keep taking unpaid so it's gonna be my last try. When will implantation start?
Oh OK. .have not taken any unpaid leave so far...so am ok. Ppl at work v kpo. I work in big organization news spread like fire. Anyway peaceful to keep it BTW me and hubby hehe. I have 60 days hospitalization leave so if preggy I have planned out how to utilise it haha...well ahead planning. Hope this cycle bfp and thinking of keeping it as last as my grants all finish liao. But ultimately it's god's call to forgive me for my past karma and bless me with a little bundle of joy.

ER date is considered ovulation date.
When Does Implantation Occur?

Implantation typically occurs 6 to 10 days after ovulation, or day 20 to 24 of a menstrual cycle. However, it can happen a few days earlier or later. In an average 28-day cycle, ovulation occurs on day 14 with the first day of a woman's period being considered day 1 in a cycle. Once fertilization occurs, the egg stays in the fallopian tube for three days before entering the uterus and begins to implant itself to the uterine lining.

Hi all, am thinking of doing ivf at KKH with DR THH. Appreciate if anyone would be willing to share the protocol and drugs used by KKHIVF? Have read that normally will only get to see DR THH during first consultation, ER and ET. As such, the dosage and monitoring will be much determined by the medical doc on duty on day of checks/scanning? Hope to gather feedback on this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all, am thinking of doing ivf at KKH with DR THH. Appreciate if anyone would be willing to share the protocol and drugs used by KKHIVF? Have read that normally will only get to see DR THH during first consultation, ER and ET. As such, the doseage and monitoring will be much determined by the medical doc on duty on day of checks/scanning? Hope to gather come feedback on this. Thanks.

Same here, please share! I have booked an appointment in May but I don't know anything...

This time after ER more bloated and pain in ovaries abdomen and back. Tomorrow have ohss test at 730 then proceed with ET. Can't remember if that's what I did last cycle. Wonder how I am going to make it to TCM at marine parade later. How long did the bloated and pain take to heal sisters.

This time after ER more bloated and pain in ovaries abdomen and back. Tomorrow have ohss test at 730 then proceed with ET. Can't remember if that's what I did last cycle. Wonder how I am going to make it to TCM at marine parade later. How long did the bloated and pain take to heal sisters.

oh no, hope you are feeling better. If OHSS, can still do ET? After tmr shd be fine... end of IVF treatment. Yeah!

Don't know if mild ohss still can proceed. Previously did day 3 transfer so had two days rest. Think body felt better. Now like v rush. Yest morning take out tomorrow morning put back. N with the bloatedness and pain it's not easy. Hope will get better soon. Today Dr zou and Dr que both TCM not in...haiya....

Meganl yes after ER relieved. ER I scared of that iv plug....so always tensed and cannot poke in. Yesterday lucky second time ok liao. All the best for ER gal. Rest well.

Don't know if mild ohss still can proceed. Previously did day 3 transfer so had two days rest. Think body felt better. Now like v rush. Yest morning take out tomorrow morning put back. N with the bloatedness and pain it's not easy. Hope will get better soon. Today Dr zou and Dr que both TCM not in...haiya....

Meganl yes after ER relieved. ER I scared of that iv plug....so always tensed and cannot poke in. Yesterday lucky second time ok liao. All the best for ER gal. Rest well.
Thanks Mesar. I am v scared of that needle! its damn painful when they flush with saline. Although 2nd time liao, I still feel the jitters... All the best for ur ET too. We can be 2WW buddies. haha

Thanks Mesar. I am v scared of that needle! its damn painful when they flush with saline. Although 2nd time liao, I still feel the jitters... All the best for ur ET too. We can be 2WW buddies. haha
I was thinking shd it be Day 2 or Day 3 transfer? mine too, ER on sat n ET on Monday. only 1 rest day. They can do on Tues but they opt for me to do on Monday? hope no difference btw day 2 or day 3 transfer

I was thinking shd it be Day 2 or Day 3 transfer? mine too, ER on sat n ET on Monday. only 1 rest day. They can do on Tues but they opt for me to do on Monday? hope no difference btw day 2 or day 3 transfer
Hope ER went well for you gal. I was the first for ET at 830. Finished by 9am. How you also day 2 transfer ar. Don't know why. But day 2 and 3 not much difference. Heard alot of D2 success and pray we be in that lot too. Rest well gal and all the best for ET. One more hurdle crossed. Was worrying what if no embryo to transfer.

Thanks gal. What's the blocker? What's yr dosage of pergoveris. ..r u on saizen too...all the best to you. Jia you. When r u starting... ya we all prefer Dr tan but sometimes this happens. Have faith in your embbies. It will be bfp

@mesara, good to know that everything went well for you! Your 2WW starts now!!....rest well eat well & hope this will be THE cycle for you! GOOD LUCK!!!
Haha...the blocker I'm referring to is the orgalutran. My dosage for pergoveris is 150 & I'm not on saizen. I can only go on very very low dosage coz I'm at high risk for OHSS which I did experience when I had one of my IUIs done previously. Really very xin ku. Even for my 1st fresh on puregon was also 150 only. I just had my pergoveris earlie this morning! Haha...duno why the stupid needle like more difficult to jab than orgulatran which is actually thicker in my opinion! BTW, I guess you had a fair bit of follicles retrieved? Coz the OHSS BT is done if you have like more than 10 retrieved if I remember correctly. Coz I had the same BT done and I asked the nurse why some people no need take BT while I have to take. Also, this will determine if ET can take place or it will be pushed to be FET instead if BT shows there's OHSS. How many did you retrieve in total? Any to freeze?

@meganl , hope that everything went well for your ER! Thanks babe! Definitely will heed your advice to drink more water. Do update us again ya.

Hi all, am thinking of doing ivf at KKH with DR THH. Appreciate if anyone would be willing to share the protocol and drugs used by KKHIVF? Have read that normally will only get to see DR THH during first consultation, ER and ET. As such, the dosage and monitoring will be much determined by the medical doc on duty on day of checks/scanning? Hope to gather feedback on this. Thanks.

Same here, please share! I have booked an appointment in May but I don't know anything...

@bbRainbowbb & @CTTC , If you were to ask me, I guess it's difficult to explain or share the protocol (i.e. long or short) and drugs used in KKHIVFC as it very much depends on individual body condition and importantly, any pre-existing medical condition you have may which the principle doc i.e. THH will then suggest a suitable treatment and see how you will respond to it. This will be recorded down in your medical records by THH and all information will be passed on to KKHIVFC. And yes, you will only get to see THH during 1st consultation, ER & ET. Scanning will be done at a scanning room by the sonographer. But when KKHIVFC is overwhelmed with patients, it will be scanned by the review doc itself and they will advice you accordingly. Otherwise, you wait to see the review doc in another room will review your scans and advice if you require further jabs or what nots or to proceed with ER. But if they are uncertain of certain things they will still check with THH directly. In any case, please bring along all your past medical records if you have sought fertility treatment elsewhere; or records of other pre-exisiting medical conditions so that THH can also review it. Btw, he's pretty open to us seeking TCM treatment prior to IVF so no issues on that. :)

Lastly, Good Luck to the ladies @bunnymuimui & @Labbitzz whom will be taking BT soon. Hope that you all can shower your baby dusts to all of us here!

Dear Ladies,

I am returning 300 eggs to Zhu sheng niang niang at shuang Lin temple after 1pm today.

Interested ladies, please feel free to go pray and collect some eggs and may all be blessed with babies soon.

@mesara, good to know that everything went well for you! Your 2WW starts now!!....rest well eat well & hope this will be THE cycle for you! GOOD LUCK!!!
Haha...the blocker I'm referring to is the orgalutran. My dosage for pergoveris is 150 & I'm not on saizen. I can only go on very very low dosage coz I'm at high risk for OHSS which I did experience when I had one of my IUIs done previously. Really very xin ku. Even for my 1st fresh on puregon was also 150 only. I just had my pergoveris earlie this morning! Haha...duno why the stupid needle like more difficult to jab than orgulatran which is actually thicker in my opinion! BTW, I guess you had a fair bit of follicles retrieved? Coz the OHSS BT is done if you have like more than 10 retrieved if I remember correctly. Coz I had the same BT done and I asked the nurse why some people no need take BT while I have to take. Also, this will determine if ET can take place or it will be pushed to be FET instead if BT shows there's OHSS. How many did you retrieve in total? Any to freeze?

@meganl , hope that everything went well for your ER! Thanks babe! Definitely will heed your advice to drink more water. Do update us again ya.

@bbRainbowbb & @CTTC , If you were to ask me, I guess it's difficult to explain or share the protocol (i.e. long or short) and drugs used in KKHIVFC as it very much depends on individual body condition and importantly, any pre-existing medical condition you have may which the principle doc i.e. THH will then suggest a suitable treatment and see how you will respond to it. This will be recorded down in your medical records by THH and all information will be passed on to KKHIVFC. And yes, you will only get to see THH during 1st consultation, ER & ET. Scanning will be done at a scanning room by the sonographer. But when KKHIVFC is overwhelmed with patients, it will be scanned by the review doc itself and they will advice you accordingly. Otherwise, you wait to see the review doc in another room will review your scans and advice if you require further jabs or what nots or to proceed with ER. But if they are uncertain of certain things they will still check with THH directly. In any case, please bring along all your past medical records if you have sought fertility treatment elsewhere; or records of other pre-exisiting medical conditions so that THH can also review it. Btw, he's pretty open to us seeking TCM treatment prior to IVF so no issues on that. :)

Lastly, Good Luck to the ladies @bunnymuimui & @Labbitzz whom will be taking BT soon. Hope that you all can shower your baby dusts to all of us here!

@milogal88 we are in d same boat. I am only on puregon 150 and up till today only 9 sizeable follicles. Need to jab 2 more days for another scan on Mon. A bit worried no eggs to transfer coz in d past i usually hve abt 16 sizeable ones. Did the nurse tell when ur ER is likely to be? I think will clash with Dr THH's leave.

Hope ER went well for you gal. I was the first for ET at 830. Finished by 9am. How you also day 2 transfer ar. Don't know why. But day 2 and 3 not much difference. Heard alot of D2 success and pray we be in that lot too. Rest well gal and all the best for ET. One more hurdle crossed. Was worrying what if no embryo to transfer.

Thanks Mesara and Milogal! ET went well. This time round I had more bleeding. N saw a blood clot when I pass urine at home. My appt was at 730am so I probably didn't see Mesara there. U have any frozen embryos left?

Thanks Mesara and Milogal! ET went well. This time round I had more bleeding. N saw a blood clot when I pass urine at home. My appt was at 730am so I probably didn't see Mesara there. U have any frozen embryos left?
Meganl glad your ER went fine. Wow u so early ar 730...i also 730 but by the time do et and wait for queue 810 then went in. Dr tan came to see me bladder not full so went for egg pick up think must be u lor. Hehe. I have frozen embbies gal. Hope and pray those in me are the ones. All the best for your Monday ET. How many retrieved. I also had more bleeding this time saw bed had clots and fresh blood. But last time coz I had cysts in ovaries I had blood flowing thru leg when I got up. Maybe this one better.

@Labbitzz Good luck with BT soon. Mine's on coming Tue. Feeling some cramps & saw some dark brown discharge today. Staying optimistic :S
I didn't graduate :) yours sounds positive! All the best!
My BT was schedule last thu, no symptons at all before. Today then start having cramps and spotting.. Haha I still asking my HB will beta be wrong? He roll his eyes :x

Last edited:
@Labbitzz Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like your body responds well to progesterone and hence, AF is not here yet. Take a rest and recharge before trying again. Any plans?

I can't wait for Tue to come. The cramps and spotting come and go. I've become so vexed and acting it out on DH and LO. The anxiety in me is killing this long weekend. :X
I didn't graduate :) yours sounds positive! All the best!
My BT was schedule last thu, no symptons at all before. Today then start having cramps and spotting.. Haha I still asking my HB will beta be wrong? He roll his eyes :x

Hi ladies

@milogal88 has explained it quite well. I just wanted to say welcome to the journey and all the best.
Sounds the upcoming Q for fresh IVF cycles may have stretched. Quick quick meet THH and book your slots.

Meganl glad your ER went fine. Wow u so early ar 730...i also 730 but by the time do et and wait for queue 810 then went in. Dr tan came to see me bladder not full so went for egg pick up think must be u lor. Hehe. I have frozen embbies gal. Hope and pray those in me are the ones. All the best for your Monday ET. How many retrieved. I also had more bleeding this time saw bed had clots and fresh blood. But last time coz I had cysts in ovaries I had blood flowing thru leg when I got up. Maybe this one better.

Yes, I was in there lying down since 750am waited awhile for Dr Tan. He came in around 815am I think. The anaesthetist was late I heard. Therefore, he couldn't do the procedure for me. I had 9 eggs extracted. Can't remember how many was extracted for my first fresh but I only remembered I had only 2 embryos n transferred all n left no more. Hopefully this time at least left some to freeze so I can have an excuse to try again if this failed. :p

I am having diarrhoea too. Last time I dun have too. Suddenly I have crave for McDonald! Can eat or not? Haha. Any specific food we cannot take? Or must take?

Yes, I was in there lying down since 750am waited awhile for Dr Tan. He came in around 815am I think. The anaesthetist was late I heard. Therefore, he couldn't do the procedure for me. I had 9 eggs extracted. Can't remember how many was extracted for my first fresh but I only remembered I had only 2 embryos n transferred all n left no more. Hopefully this time at least left some to freeze so I can have an excuse to try again if this failed. :p

I am having diarrhoea too. Last time I dun have too. Suddenly I have crave for McDonald! Can eat or not? Haha. Any specific food we cannot take? Or must take?
Oh OK. ... i also heard anesthesia was late haha. So don't know who he did first. He was toggling between us. Glad you had nine on a short protocol. Hope and pray after transfer still got few to freeze. I know the feeling coz last cycle tho 16 none to freeze. Haiya.

I had diarrhea too...think due to the anesthesia and antibiotics. Quite bad. I took one charcoal pill and all back to normal. Haha we same le I also crave for mac breaky . Hubby said no eat eggs and bread.
So went kopitiam breaky while waited for med. Moderate should be ok la to eat. I went to buy immunocal intake. Will take it with ensure each morning. Rest well take care and all the best for ET cycle buddy:)

@Labbitzz Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like your body responds well to progesterone and hence, AF is not here yet. Take a rest and recharge before trying again. Any plans?

I can't wait for Tue to come. The cramps and spotting come and go. I've become so vexed and acting it out on DH and LO. The anxiety in me is killing this long weekend. :X
Was thinking wana gif it a try in two months time (Gona be fresh again... Arughh) but my HB thinks I should take a break first so see how it goes. Dr tan app is all the way booked till June.. No more apps in May.

Cramps and spotting comes and go is a good sign I believe. Haha yes I can fully understand that anxiety. You try to rest well these few days ok. But it's kind of weird how cm yr BT so late.. I was thinking yours done on sat already.

Thanks milogal88, unfortunately it's not my turn yet still. I waiting for bunnymuimui baby dusts ;)

Oh OK. ... i also heard anesthesia was late haha. So don't know who he did first. He was toggling between us. Glad you had nine on a short protocol. Hope and pray after transfer still got few to freeze. I know the feeling coz last cycle tho 16 none to freeze. Haiya.

I had diarrhea too...think due to the anesthesia and antibiotics. Quite bad. I took one charcoal pill and all back to normal. Haha we same le I also crave for mac breaky . Hubby said no eat eggs and bread.
So went kopitiam breaky while waited for med. Moderate should be ok la to eat. I went to buy immunocal intake. Will take it with ensure each morning. Rest well take care and all the best for ET cycle buddy:)

@mesara @meganl I can help answer your questions. Lol. I saw him in the carpark this morning and went up with him. He did for Meganl first and then Mesara. After that he went straight to Clinic D. Was outside waiting for scan and review. Left the centre only around 11am.

@Labbitzz, Hugz. If you are trying in 2 months' time, gotta rest well now. When's your review with Dr? Heard Q for fresh is crazily long.

@bunnymuimui, if you not doing HPT hor, i think you must relax. If not these 3 days difficult to pass le. Good Luck for BT in Tue!!!

@milogal88, your dosage abt the same as mine though using different types of meds. Mind if i ask how many follicles (the bigger ones) did you have during the scan? Me D12 of stim still need to continue till D14 for scan and yet the review doc say she's not worried about the growth and the lining, when i am paranoid by the number of follicles and the lining thickness.

@mesara @meganl I can help answer your questions. Lol. I saw him in the carpark this morning and went up with him. He did for Meganl first and then Mesara. After that he went straight to Clinic D. Was outside waiting for scan and review. Left the centre only around 11am.

@Labbitzz, Hugz. If you are trying in 2 months' time, gotta rest well now. When's your review with Dr? Heard Q for fresh is crazily long.

@bunnymuimui, if you not doing HPT hor, i think you must relax. If not these 3 days difficult to pass le. Good Luck for BT in Tue!!!

@milogal88, your dosage abt the same as mine though using different types of meds. Mind if i ask how many follicles (the bigger ones) did you have during the scan? Me D12 of stim still need to continue till D14 for scan and yet the review doc say she's not worried about the growth and the lining, when i am paranoid by the number of follicles and the lining thickness.
my review appt is on 3 june..
i probably can have one more try before i no longer eligible for the grant..

Shiro ger thanks for solving the mystery hehe. It's such a close community. We were all there same time. Hope your scan went well. I had my BT and they said result in 30 mins. So me n hubby took escalator for breaky then just as we reached level 1 they called me to et room. Don't know what's the purpose of the bt also.

my review appt is on 3 june..
i probably can have one more try before i no longer eligible for the grant..

I see. So you need to do by this year? But i realise that the gap between BT result and the next review is getting longing. In the past, i thought the review after a failed cycle is less than 1 month apart. Anyway, this is my last cycle with grant liao. If fail this cycle, the $$ from the next one onwards will have to be from our savings. *Sweat*

Shiro ger thanks for solving the mystery hehe. It's such a close community. We were all there same time. Hope your scan went well. I had my BT and they said result in 30 mins. So me n hubby took escalator for breaky then just as we reached level 1 they called me to et room. Don't know what's the purpose of the bt also.

You have got many follicles during scan? Or your AMH very high? I dun rem tt i ever take blood test for OHSS in my past cycles le. Or it is a new requirement?
The scan result wasn't what i expected. As mentioned in my earlier post, i used to have at least 16 follicles during scan and ended up retrieving more than 25. Now i only have 9 bigger ones. Can't help worrying that i won't have any to freeze or even transfer. But thinking back, when i retrieve more than 25, my dosage of puregon was like 250 or 300 kind. Now it's only 150. So that could cause the difference? I don't know. Feel like asking doc why never increase dosage but stretch the stim. Guess it's too late to ask now. Can only pray for the best liao.

You have got many follicles during scan? Or your AMH very high? I dun rem tt i ever take blood test for OHSS in my past cycles le. Or it is a new requirement?
The scan result wasn't what i expected. As mentioned in my earlier post, i used to have at least 16 follicles during scan and ended up retrieving more than 25. Now i only have 9 bigger ones. Can't help worrying that i won't have any to freeze or even transfer. But thinking back, when i retrieve more than 25, my dosage of puregon was like 250 or 300 kind. Now it's only 150. So that could cause the difference? I don't know. Feel like asking doc why never increase dosage but stretch the stim. Guess it's too late to ask now. Can only pray for the best liao.
Don't worry gal. If then are growing well then they will be of good quality. Dr tan mentioned that does not mean more stim equal better quality. Over here quality more important than quantity. But I understand that we really have the need to freeze some just in case. Kk protocol has changed so much. Either pergoveris maximum shot or starting inject on cd6 instead of cd2. I had only 15 follicle so am not sure y the risk of ohss. But I was really feeling more pain and bloatedness compared to last time. Maybe you have more than 9 and the rest are hiding. Do not worry. If you want to be sure you have sufficient eggs request for e2 blood test. The result will tell you how many possible eggs you will have. Else seek second opinion from TMC. For me I went to Dr loh on day 5 of stim to ensure that follies are growing as my first time on pergoveris 450. He said that's not good protocol. Pergoveris must combine with saizen or puregon as we need more FSH for follies growth. Pergoveris alone might make lining thicker and ahead of follies growth as it contains 150fsh and 75lh. He gave me puregon to support egg growth. My range of follies was 6mm to 12mm. After puregon jab on Monday Wednesday scan at kk showed all follies were 10 to 14 range. Steady growth. So am not sure sometimes we have to seek opinion or sometimes leave things as they are.now which day scan are you at gal. Park worries aside and believe in your 9 big follicles. Pray you will have 9 beautiful good grade eggs.

Don't worry gal. If then are growing well then they will be of good quality. Dr tan mentioned that does not mean more stim equal better quality. Over here quality more important than quantity. But I understand that we really have the need to freeze some just in case. Kk protocol has changed so much. Either pergoveris maximum shot or starting inject on cd6 instead of cd2. I had only 15 follicle so am not sure y the risk of ohss. But I was really feeling more pain and bloatedness compared to last time. Maybe you have more than 9 and the rest are hiding. Do not worry. If you want to be sure you have sufficient eggs request for e2 blood test. The result will tell you how many possible eggs you will have. Else seek second opinion from TMC. For me I went to Dr loh on day 5 of stim to ensure that follies are growing as my first time on pergoveris 450. He said that's not good protocol. Pergoveris must combine with saizen or puregon as we need more FSH for follies growth. Pergoveris alone might make lining thicker and ahead of follies growth as it contains 150fsh and 75lh. He gave me puregon to support egg growth. My range of follies was 6mm to 12mm. After puregon jab on Monday Wednesday scan at kk showed all follies were 10 to 14 range. Steady growth. So am not sure sometimes we have to seek opinion or sometimes leave things as they are.now which day scan are you at gal. Park worries aside and believe in your 9 big follicles. Pray you will have 9 beautiful good grade eggs.

I am caught in a dilemma of 2 thoughts: (1) Less stim = less meds in body (2) Less stim = less eggs = nothing to freeze = utilise more $ from savings for next fresh (compared to FET. From past cycles, my fertilisation rate is about 50% only. Imagine 9 retrieved, about 4 fertilised, 2 transfer, bal 2 freeze. These 2 may not be able to survive the thaw and the journey (fresh) continue. And yes i agree, the protocol in KKH has changed quite a fair bit from blood test to the use of meds. But if you have 15 follicles, then maybe need the test coz the number excludes the small ones. Plus you feel bloatedness and pain, maybe better to do the test before the transfer. In the past, i would also feel bloatedness and pain in the lower abdomen. Now, i am feeling nothing. Duno good or bad. lol

You went to Dr Loh on D5 of stim. I am already in D13, think too late for 2nd opinion. The size of my follicles range from 9 to 14 and lining on 7.3mm. Really dun understand why they are not increasing the dosage or adding in another jab. I remember i used to jab 2 types of meds at the later part of stim and blocker was only used in the first few days. Now like totally different and dun even get the chance to ask Dr THH. Haiz.... now can only the review docs liao.

@milogal88 we are in d same boat. I am only on puregon 150 and up till today only 9 sizeable follicles. Need to jab 2 more days for another scan on Mon. A bit worried no eggs to transfer coz in d past i usually hve abt 16 sizeable ones. Did the nurse tell when ur ER is likely to be? I think will clash with Dr THH's leave.

@shiro_ger, I've just started my stim jab with pergoveris yesterday so my next scan will be this coming Wed. So I really don't know what's in store for me this time with the change in med. So I can only update you by then and if everything goes well, definitely will clash with THH leave. So yeah....that's IVF.....loads of surprises.
But if you are referring to my 1st fresh with your same dosage of 150 puregon, then I have 3 or 4 bigger ones with 2 in their over 20mm sizes. Infact on the last review where they think it's time to schedule for my ER that time, I was told that I might have to sacrifice 1 of it coz already of a big size. Anyway, for that cycle, managed to retrieve 18, but finally only 5 made the cut. So actually I still got 1 lonely frozen after left after using 2 each for fresh & fet. But I might not be a good indicator coz I was going for acupuncture session on a daily basis plus I have PCOM so it's prolly easier to trigger those follicles to grow with low stim drugs. When will be your next scan?

Anyway, indeed quality is better than quantity thou we all agree, we hope to have some to freeze instead of going thru another round of fresh. But just to spur you on, I made fren with a cycle buddy for my 1st fresh while in the OT waiting for our ER. She's 39, full of complications, had major surgery to resolve her endo previously. She only managed to retrieve 3, only 2 which are of grade 3 made it for transfer. But she BFP! Just delivered her baby boy in March despite all her pregnancy complications throughout. Sometimes you really just need that 1, plus luck and timing to make it thru. So Jia You & have faith. Good Luck!

Thanks @shiro_ger and @jas249. I'm really itching for a *fight*, being so irritable. Trying to "relax" by busying myself with organizing old holiday pix :p Oh, been eating (too) well and resting (not so) well during tww. Enjoyed the long wkn catching up with friends. 4 day work week is abt right! :p

@shiro_ger All the best for your upcoming ER/ET! Jia You!

Hi bunnymuimui,

Gd luck to ur nxt tue BT!!! :)

And also to all ladies who hv juz went thru ur ER n ET, gd luck to ur bfp!!! Eat well n rest well!!! Gd luck!!! :)

Hi Mesara, where to buy immunocal? do u know if I shd continue to eat conceive well? I didnt do any research on my first cycle so now kancheong. Previously I also didn't see any TCM. but now I see Dr Zuo for abt a mth plus. she said can continue to do acupuncture. but I am not sure if it's wise to continue?

I am caught in a dilemma of 2 thoughts: (1) Less stim = less meds in body (2) Less stim = less eggs = nothing to freeze = utilise more $ from savings for next fresh (compared to FET. From past cycles, my fertilisation rate is about 50% only. Imagine 9 retrieved, about 4 fertilised, 2 transfer, bal 2 freeze. These 2 may not be able to survive the thaw and the journey (fresh) continue. And yes i agree, the protocol in KKH has changed quite a fair bit from blood test to the use of meds. But if you have 15 follicles, then maybe need the test coz the number excludes the small ones. Plus you feel bloatedness and pain, maybe better to do the test before the transfer. In the past, i would also feel bloatedness and pain in the lower abdomen. Now, i am feeling nothing. Duno good or bad. lol

You went to Dr Loh on D5 of stim. I am already in D13, think too late for 2nd opinion. The size of my follicles range from 9 to 14 and lining on 7.3mm. Really dun understand why they are not increasing the dosage or adding in another jab. I remember i used to jab 2 types of meds at the later part of stim and blocker was only used in the first few days. Now like totally different and dun even get the chance to ask Dr THH. Haiz.... now can only the review docs liao.
I also feel KKH protocol has changed. this cycle I went for scan only 2 times. once on CD3 n CD13. n did trigger on CD13 n ER on CD15. previously I went like 5 to 6 times for scanning when on puregon. what is deemed to be the ideal lining?

@shiro_ger, I've just started my stim jab with pergoveris yesterday so my next scan will be this coming Wed. So I really don't know what's in store for me this time with the change in med. So I can only update you by then and if everything goes well, definitely will clash with THH leave. So yeah....that's IVF.....loads of surprises.
But if you are referring to my 1st fresh with your same dosage of 150 puregon, then I have 3 or 4 bigger ones with 2 in their over 20mm sizes. Infact on the last review where they think it's time to schedule for my ER that time, I was told that I might have to sacrifice 1 of it coz already of a big size. Anyway, for that cycle, managed to retrieve 18, but finally only 5 made the cut. So actually I still got 1 lonely frozen after left after using 2 each for fresh & fet. But I might not be a good indicator coz I was going for acupuncture session on a daily basis plus I have PCOM so it's prolly easier to trigger those follicles to grow with low stim drugs. When will be your next scan?

Anyway, indeed quality is better than quantity thou we all agree, we hope to have some to freeze instead of going thru another round of fresh. But just to spur you on, I made fren with a cycle buddy for my 1st fresh while in the OT waiting for our ER. She's 39, full of complications, had major surgery to resolve her endo previously. She only managed to retrieve 3, only 2 which are of grade 3 made it for transfer. But she BFP! Just delivered her baby boy in March despite all her pregnancy complications throughout. Sometimes you really just need that 1, plus luck and timing to make it thru. So Jia You & have faith. Good Luck!
milogal, are u still going for acupuncture after ET? I am hesitating.

Hi Mesara, where to buy immunocal? do u know if I shd continue to eat conceive well? I didnt do any research on my first cycle so now kancheong. Previously I also didn't see any TCM. but now I see Dr Zuo for abt a mth plus. she said can continue to do acupuncture. but I am not sure if it's wise to continue?
I bought from OG Albert. 2nd floor. I try to follow whatever I did for my bfp cycle last year la. What to do....this time will be more careful as last time after bfp lax and lost it. Last cycle I did intra lipid before ER. Then acu stop after ER. Didn't do after et. My TCM said let the embryo naturally implant. But many sisters who bfp at Dr zou went thrice after et. Good to go la I feel. Yest and today she close 2pm. I also cud not make it. Wat time ET tomorrow gal.

This whole ivf journey puts us in dilemma and challenges gal. Why don't u talk to the review doctor and see how. Whenever in doubt I will ask them. On my last day of stim I thought my follies still not good so I asked for additional puregon. After review with Dr tan they gave me.. every scan I do p4 and E2 bt. Coz I read thru many forums e2 corresponds to matured follicles tho kkh does not believe on them. On eve of my trigger date e2 was 13000...and I had 15 eggs..so almost there la. But at kkh u must speak for yourself. Google and research on forums. They use standard protocol and everyone is different. But do not worry all will be well ok.

This is what happens in a 3 day transfer:

1 day post transfer - embryo is growing and developing
2 days post transfer - Embryo is now a blastocyst
3 days post transfer - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4 days post transfer - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5 days post transfer - Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6 days post transfer - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7 days post transfer - Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8 days post transfer - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11 days post transfer - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 5 day (blastocyst) transfer:

1 day post transfer - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2 days post transfer - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3 days post transfer - Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4 days post transfer - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5 days post transfer - Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6 days post transfer - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9 days post transfer - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

@milogal88 my next scan is tomorrow which is also D14 of stim. Never had such long stim for short protocol tho

@meganl Lol we are just the opposite. My last short i scan 2 times during stim and ready for retrieval liao. That's why i was taken aback slight when i had gone for 3 scans and still duno when i doing ER. And hey, all the best for ET tomorrow!

@mesara Thks for the advice. I will ask the review doc tomorrow if still not retrieving. The review doc whom i saw is not Dr Veronique or Dr Jessie. Duno what's her name and she's sounded quite "dictative" to the new doc understudying her. Abit scared to ask her too. How would you gals put it across to the review doc if would want to hear from Dr Tan instead? Coz these docs would not ask the principal doc unless they are not too sure.

Gals, anyone has any idea what is the min. to reach for follicles and lining before the review doc order the trigger? If after tmr still not enough, i will eat more eggs and RBS liao.

@milogal88 my next scan is tomorrow which is also D14 of stim. Never had such long stim for short protocol tho

@meganl Lol we are just the opposite. My last short i scan 2 times during stim and ready for retrieval liao. That's why i was taken aback slight when i had gone for 3 scans and still duno when i doing ER. And hey, all the best for ET tomorrow!

@mesara Thks for the advice. I will ask the review doc tomorrow if still not retrieving. The review doc whom i saw is not Dr Veronique or Dr Jessie. Duno what's her name and she's sounded quite "dictative" to the new doc understudying her. Abit scared to ask her too. How would you gals put it across to the review doc if would want to hear from Dr Tan instead? Coz these docs would not ask the principal doc unless they are not too sure.

Gals, anyone has any idea what is the min. to reach for follicles and lining before the review doc order the trigger? If after tmr still not enough, i will eat more eggs and RBS liao.
Hi shiro_ger, i think desired follicle size is 16mm n lining shld be abt 8mm if im not wrong...gd luck to ur tmr scan!!! Jia you!!!

I bought from OG Albert. 2nd floor. I try to follow whatever I did for my bfp cycle last year la. What to do....this time will be more careful as last time after bfp lax and lost it. Last cycle I did intra lipid before ER. Then acu stop after ER. Didn't do after et. My TCM said let the embryo naturally implant. But many sisters who bfp at Dr zou went thrice after et. Good to go la I feel. Yest and today she close 2pm. I also cud not make it. Wat time ET tomorrow gal.
It's tmr at 9am. Dr Zou did ask me to come back n do acupuncture thrice, mon, Tuesday n Friday. But my husband said no leh, he doesn't want to rush here n there. Just rest at home.

So sad u lost ur bb. Think of it this way, the baby will self abort if not healthy. Hoping this time u have a strong n healthy bb. :)

milogal, are u still going for acupuncture after ET? I am hesitating.

@meganl All the best for your ET tmr!! Jia You!! My TCM does 2 sessions during ET day itself. 1 just before ET and 1 right after ET. Thereafter, no more poking. Ultimately, do what you feel is comfortable. On a hindsight, acupuncture sessions can be relaxing which in turn aid implantation. And since u will be on HL, just zip a cab to & fro to dr zou there at your own pace lor. Just my 10 cents worth :p

@meganl All the best for your ET tmr!! Jia You!! My TCM does 2 sessions during ET day itself. 1 just before ET and 1 right after ET. Thereafter, no more poking. Ultimately, do what you feel is comfortable. On a hindsight, acupuncture sessions can be relaxing which in turn aid implantation. And since u will be on HL, just zip a cab to & fro to dr zou there at your own pace lor. Just my 10 cents worth :p
Thanks Milogal... :)

Hello sistas, juz wondering if anyone encounter unusual bleeding on day 10th while taking dhea or any supplement? I started encountering the above after taking supplement to prepare for my 3rd cycle. Any advice or experience sharing is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello sistas, juz wondering if anyone encounter unusual bleeding on day 10th while taking dhea or any supplement? I started encountering the above after taking supplement to prepare for my 3rd cycle. Any advice or experience sharing is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hihi, yes I did! For my Apr cycle, AF reported on 3 and ended ard 10/11. Then on 17, i first saw the toilet paper turned light pinkish when I wiped after urinating. Next day, toilet paper turned bright red. I also had bad cramps. I walked into kkh O&G on 19 n doc cfm the blood came from v area. I initially thought the blood is in the urine. All in all, the bleeding lasted ard 4 days but the cramps went on for a week!
I am supposed to start my ivf cycle this month but I need to see doc to resolve this issue prior to starting so I can't proceed this month.
I don't know if dhea is the culprit as I'm also on other supplements like royal jelly since last Oct. However, I didn't take regularly like daily. I hv a break of 1-2 weeks in between. All cycles were normal until the mid cycle bleeding last month

Hihi, yes I did! For my Apr cycle, AF reported on 3 and ended ard 10/11. Then on 17, i first saw the toilet paper turned light pinkish when I wiped after urinating. Next day, toilet paper turned bright red. I also had bad cramps. I walked into kkh O&G on 19 n doc cfm the blood came from v area. I initially thought the blood is in the urine. All in all, the bleeding lasted ard 4 days but the cramps went on for a week!
I am supposed to start my ivf cycle this month but I need to see doc to resolve this issue prior to starting so I can't proceed this month.
I don't know if dhea is the culprit as I'm also on other supplements like royal jelly since last Oct. However, I didn't take regularly like daily. I hv a break of 1-2 weeks in between. All cycles were normal until the mid cycle bleeding last month
Hi drama queenie, did you just started on dhea or had it for some time and only experience bleeding for this cycle? From Web, I did not read on any bleeding side effects from dhea but rather from royal jelly. I wonder which supplement is the culprit. But I have taken royal jelly before as a single supplement and no issue.
I guess you are also under dr tan. I heard he will be out for conference sometime this month.. my earliest appt with him post my sis check today could only take place early next mth...you may want to quickly call in to check on earliest slot.

Back