Can I drink honey during pregnancy?

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have been drinking 1-2 glass of honey daily for the past few weeks till recently some auntie told my hubby that I can't drink so much honey. I can only drink it once in a blue moon. I was wondering why but my hubby won't tell me cos he say my baby will "bang tang" if he hear what we say. Can anyone tell me why...

When you are pregnant, there are certain foods that you must stay away from to keep yourself and your baby healthy. You may be misled by misconceptions about what is safe and what is not. Contrary to popular belief, you can eat honey during pregnancy. If you have questions about whether a particular food is safe to eat, talk to your healthcare provider.

The reason that you may have thought that honey was contraindicated during pregnancy may be because honey can cause botulism, a potentially severe form of food poisoning, in babies. To prevent infant botulism, you should not give honey to babies under a year old. Before your baby is born, however, you can safely consume honey. If you did give honey to your baby and he is suffering from constipation, a weak cry, floppiness or difficulty eating, seek emergency medical assistance.

yup you can drink honey. i ate honey everyday when i was pregnant. but u know, if u r still in doubt, shd stop. u hv to feel good with anything tt u consume, especially while pregnant.

Back