(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Midwife did advice when is the right time to push but i was in so much pain i didnt even listen to anyone.
The inner tears were able to be stitched. But have to be extra careful esp with th cleaning

Huh... can checking dilation cause real labour? So far ok for me.. I dilated 3cm 2 wks ago, so will be opting for induce this wed (38+5).
Why dont you just check for dialtion at next appt? At least u will know if really dilate causing the 'contractions'.. For me i think i might be dilating slowly and cervix thinning therefore the tightening comes and go esp when im very relax. But are u prepared to go into real labour anytime soon?
@furbee hope u have a smooth delivery n looking forward to ur updates!

Mummies, my bb is breech so we have scheduled for csect this coming Thursday. Instead of May baby, he is now April baby cos we went to choose a good date based on lunar calendar. Weekend was busy preparing for the final details, work hand-over etc hopefully these 2 days can relax and enjoy time with hubby alone before he arrives.

Hi.. I just gave birth to my little boy last Friday by c section too. Now we are back home. I still can't believe it when I look at the little fellow lying by my side. Such a miracle. Hope all goes well for you too. Jia you!

Hi.. I just gave birth to my little boy last Friday by c section too. Now we are back home. I still can't believe it when I look at the little fellow lying by my side. Such a miracle. Hope all goes well for you too. Jia you!

Hi @gleaflim, how is your recovery for c sect? I'm kinda nervous and reluctant because my gynae said chances are slim for my placenta to shift up in another month time. He wants me to prepare for c sect. My first experience with natural delivery was good but seems like I have no choice but to opt for caeseaern this time.

Are you able to walk freely and carry your baby after c sect without much pain ?
What else do we need to take note aft surgery ?

Last edited:
Yeah mummies, ive had a fast n smooth delivery... :) 1hr in labour ward... Went in already 9cm. Phew~

@gleaflim congratz to u!! U stayed in hosp for 4 days?? Speedy recovery to ur c-sec!

More babies r popping! Yeah...

Wow u induce or baby decided to pop earlier than your scheduled date? Congrats on your fast and smooth delivery!!!

Mine was after 32 weeks, reduced to 3 weeks. Then now 35/36 reduced to 2 weeks. Think after next appt at 37/38 weeks will be once more at 39/40 before I see him in hospital.
I'm seeing dr Adrian Woodworth.

For me actually after my visit on 36 wks is my last visit and my gynae just say wait for delivery. But since my blood sugar suddenly so high asked me to go back 2 wks later which's 38 wks.

Mine was after 32 weeks, reduced to 3 weeks. Then now 35/36 reduced to 2 weeks. Think after next appt at 37/38 weeks will be once more at 39/40 before I see him in hospital.
I'm seeing dr Adrian Woodworth.
My last appt was last week at 34 weeks and next appt is only on 20th May at 38 weeks.
Should i call the hospital and enquire?

For me actually after my visit on 36 wks is my last visit and my gynae just say wait for delivery. But since my blood sugar suddenly so high asked me to go back 2 wks later which's 38 wks.
Im a first time mum. So im abit clueless. My gynae went for maternity leave and during the last time i met her she said the next gynae will see me every 2 weeks. But this new gynae is only arranging my next appt after 4 weeks... Which by then i'll be 38 weeks. Is that alright? Should i be closely monitored in between 34-38 weeks?

Have they done the swab test and book hospital/pass u the admission paper? Usually quite uncommon for so late in pregnancy to go once in 4 weeks. Maybe u can bring forward the appt one week earlier, shorten it to 3 weeks if you are concerned the gap is too long.

Im a first time mum. So im abit clueless. My gynae went for maternity leave and during the last time i met her she said the next gynae will see me every 2 weeks. But this new gynae is only arranging my next appt after 4 weeks... Which by then i'll be 38 weeks. Is that alright? Should i be closely monitored in between 34-38 weeks?

If there's no any health issue not to worry, should be no problem.
But you can request for biweekly check up if you want.

Have they done the swab test and book hospital/pass u the admission paper? Usually quite uncommon for so late in pregnancy to go once in 4 weeks. Maybe u can bring forward the appt one week earlier, shorten it to 3 weeks if you are concerned the gap is too long.

Hi happycsk, just to check with you the admission letter is compulsory? I have done my swab test last week but my gynae didn't provide me any admission letter, maybe we need to request?

Wow @furbee congrats! 1 hr labour is soooo fast! Hv a good rest and update us later k :)

My gynae visits are bi-wkly since wk 33. Will be doing a swab test this coming thurs when im exactly wk 37. I also thot at later stages shld go in bi-wkly, but maybe if everything ok then no need.

Hi happycsk, just to check with you the admission letter is compulsory? I have done my swab test last week but my gynae didn't provide me any admission letter, maybe we need to request?
I would think admission letter is compulsory. My Gynae gave me at 35 wk. this letter has all our particulars and medical details so if we need to be admitted during emergency or anything, the medical staffs regardless of which hospital we were being sent to will have our information.

No swab test done... Only did the pre-admission thingy...

Yah i guess i should call them up tmr and maybe push a week earlier just in case...

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks gleaflim!! Hope you are recovering well!

Actually I also not sure but I tot it's a must to have? Haha. I assume he will give me at my next appt only.

Hi @gleaflim, how is your recovery for c sect? I'm kinda nervous and reluctant because my gynae said chances are slim for my placenta to shift up in another month time. He wants me to prepare for c sect. My first experience with natural delivery was good but seems like I have no choice but to opt for caeseaern this time.

Are you able to walk freely and carry your baby after c sect without much pain ?
What else do we need to take note aft surgery ?

Hi hippo78, after they removed the drip and urine catheter, I need help to get up from my bed and stand up. Is kind of pain. But if u continue taking the pain killer u will not feel so much pain. By 2nd day n 3rd day u will feel much better. I was carried my baby while i was in bed. By that time u will not feel pain as you are so focus on the baby.

Can we still shower as usual after c sect ? How to take care of the wound?
Is it true we are forbidden to carry heavy stuffs for the first 6 mth?

I kept telling my elder son that mommy cannot carry him because mommy have didi inside tummy, aft didi come out, mommy will carry you.
I feel so sorry towards my elder son.

@furbee congrats. do you know at which dilation did you were when doctor induce labor?

I am overdue and only dilated 2 cm. doc want to induce but I am still thinking to give few more days for baby to pop out naturally.

My plan was tdy 29th to induce, but bb cant wait :( within 2 hrs of contractions, i can still walk n went to hosp..hoping to get my planned dose of epidural still in my home clothes during observation (less den 5mins) checked i was 9cm:eek: Str8 went into labour ward i was like 10cm kept asking me push....o_O Cannot use any form of painkiller...so unexpectedly everything out of plan, wasnt hooked to iv drip, therefore save some $.

best of all i tot gdm mother = bb will b high sugar, end up my bb low sugar need supplement fm after latch (cos no milk yet)..:(

@yew_yew , its bo bian for me.. Nv tot i have to go thru without epidural. But recover seems great, duno if its cos the muscles already used to the stretch, but the stitches totally doesnt hurt..
Hope everyone also have a fast and smooth delivery so can concentrate on baby! :)

@yew_yew , its bo bian for me.. Nv tot i have to go thru without epidural. But recover seems great, duno if its cos the muscles already used to the stretch, but the stitches totally doesnt hurt..
Hope everyone also have a fast and smooth delivery so can concentrate on baby! :)
Congrats furbee!!!

My plan was tdy 29th to induce, but bb cant wait :( within 2 hrs of contractions, i can still walk n went to hosp..hoping to get my planned dose of epidural still in my home clothes during observation (less den 5mins) checked i was 9cm:eek: Str8 went into labour ward i was like 10cm kept asking me push....o_O Cannot use any form of painkiller...so unexpectedly everything out of plan, wasnt hooked to iv drip, therefore save some $.

best of all i tot gdm mother = bb will b high sugar, end up my bb low sugar need supplement fm after latch (cos no milk yet)..:(

Congrats furbee!! Take a good rest...
Hopefully I can go for smooth delivery like you too! Fast and furious hahaha.

baby chubby a bit very cute!! just control your sweets in the diet...i think 3.1kg is just estimation, actual weight still 2.8kg like that. jiayou!!

Thanks thanks!!!! But baby naughty and now swim 180 degree and become breech position and confirm c section! But gynae still say one more last chance for scan! If not I have to do C section already!

I lost 2 kg plus due to not much sugary stuffs such as ice cream! I guess sugar plays an important role in my diet now....

Anyone experience high blood in the last few weeks? Mine was sudden high too... Sob!

@mylilsheep , u jus hit 40wks? Most dr dun like to wit long.. I guess max another 1wk + - days u have to deliver liao... I have friend both kids 41+ 2 & 4 so her delivery was long overdue, she said she every time try to have sex to induce bb out haha. Ur bb too comfy inside. By now shld b at least 3.3kg i guess? Walk more, but dont try taking stairs or too upslope wor.. Jiayou

I would think admission letter is compulsory. My Gynae gave me at 35 wk. this letter has all our particulars and medical details so if we need to be admitted during emergency or anything, the medical staffs regardless of which hospital we were being sent to will have our information.

Yveyve,
Thanks for your info.. On my next visit will request from my gynae.

Can we still shower as usual after c sect ? How to take care of the wound?
Is it true we are forbidden to carry heavy stuffs for the first 6 mth?

I kept telling my elder son that mommy cannot carry him because mommy have didi inside tummy, aft didi come out, mommy will carry you.
I feel so sorry towards my elder son.

I didn't shower as follow the confinement rules. I just wipe with damp towel. Yes. You can still wash your private part as there will be a plaster attached to it n is water proof. I need to go back 1 week later to remove the plaster. Now is my 5th day after surgery n I have stopped taking my pain killer and the pain is minimal and still tolerable. Hope you can recover well too.

I didn't shower as follow the confinement rules. I just wipe with damp towel. Yes. You can still wash your private part as there will be a plaster attached to it n is water proof. I need to go back 1 week later to remove the plaster. Now is my 5th day after surgery n I have stopped taking my pain killer and the pain is minimal and still tolerable. Hope you can recover well too.
Hi gleaflim, how about diet? Some people told me avoid eating chicken and eggs for 10 days. Are you following that too? Take care!!

Hey all.. i have high myopic degree both eyes, anyone ever heard restriction not to opt for normal delivery? I ask my gynae and he said nv heard such restriction before. Hmm..

Congrats to all mommies who recently popped!! So exciting!!

I'm 37 weeks now, and had received my admission letter. Doing the "Count-to-Ten Fetal movement chart" since yesterday, coz my aged placenta has started to partitioned (from spots to lines to partioned!). EDD is 17 May but my gynae told me BB can't tahan till then...will pop earliest end of this week or latest by next Fri! :eek:

I'm opting for natural birth with epidural!! Hope I will be in time to do epidural...coz for my #1...I had a real nasty tear due to flat pelvic! (T_T)

Jia you to all Mommies!!! *hwaiting*

Hey ladies... just came for gynae visit and she did a membrane sweep for me. Also found out that I'm already 3-4cm dilated. So was told once feel pain.. gotta go hospital fast... why suddenly feel so scary. LOL

@momocrv, my CL also said cannot eat chicken and eggs for first 10 days so she didn't cook for me those. It was ok lah, I didn't crave for them. Anyway 10 days will pass very fast when you are busy with baby. Haha. I still recall feeling miserable and emotional (always miss hubby and the older kids when they left for work/school during the first few days of confinement.) Now I'm fine le.

@mylilsheep , u jus hit 40wks? Most dr dun like to wit long.. I guess max another 1wk + - days u have to deliver liao... I have friend both kids 41+ 2 & 4 so her delivery was long overdue, she said she every time try to have sex to induce bb out haha. Ur bb too comfy inside. By now shld b at least 3.3kg i guess? Walk more, but dont try taking stairs or too upslope wor.. Jiayou
@furbee, u r so lucky have such a smooth and fast labor. I hope mine will too but dunno why it seems like i am going to be pregnant forever, baby still dun want to come out.

I already try every tips to induce naturally, having sex, eat pineapple, walk a lot, climbing stairs, squatting, etc. but still did not see any sign of labor. Last resort just ask my gynae to induce bah. Hopefully would not be so bad. Finger crossed.

@furbee, u r so lucky have such a smooth and fast labor. I hope mine will too but dunno why it seems like i am going to be pregnant forever, baby still dun want to come out.

I already try every tips to induce naturally, having sex, eat pineapple, walk a lot, climbing stairs, squatting, etc. but still did not see any sign of labor. Last resort just ask my gynae to induce bah. Hopefully would not be so bad. Finger crossed.
Lol... I can't seem to having steamy session with hubby... position can't make it due to the tummies getting in the way.. but eat pineapple will work ar?

Back