IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi twinletot * waves waves*

Yaya.. im still with her but sometimes forgot her short nick. TSB aka CQM also..

Im also suppose to be in may but home got issues so i was delay for 1 month. hopte to get your baby dusts !! Did u went for any accpunture this round?
Seriously it has been ages since im back to this forum.

Anyone is in short cycle? I dont remember how long to we need to inject?? and roughly when is the retreviel?

Dr Tan HH will be on leave from 13th to 18th June and im afraid he will not be the one to do the ER & ET for me :(:(

Anyone is in short cycle? I dont remember how long to we need to inject?? and roughly when is the retreviel?

Dr Tan HH will be on leave from 13th to 18th June and im afraid he will not be the one to do the ER & ET for me :(:(

I am doing short cycle. Am at D7 now. Usually short will need to jab about 2 weeks before ER. Dr Tan may not be the one to do ER and ET for me too coz it might clash with his leave. For those who are stimulating now, he will be away on 6, 8 to 12 May.

I am on D6 now. I keep having headaches n quite unbearable. What jabs are u on ? I hope my ET won't clash with Dr's leave too. Going KKH in Thurs.

I was on orgalutran from D2 to D4 (to prevent ovulation). D5 till now on 175 puregon. Going for scan tomorrow, but the nurse said Dr likely to increase dosage for me coz he does not want to over-stimulate right from the start. So far dun feel anything le.

Did you drink enough water? I was like drinking duno how much litres of water and LRD everyday. Drink till i keep running to the toilet.

In my case, Dr gave recommendations but leave it to me to decide. E.g. He proposed a short protocol for my 3rd fresh, but coz i bfp-ed through a long protocol, i asked for advice if long protocol would be more suitable. That's when he explained the differences and i decided to follow his recommendation. I think dr's recommendation would also depend on the results of the various test, age and body conditions bah. Anyway, i also bfp-ed during the thaw cycle after my 2nd fresh which was a short cycle, just that i lost it at week 8. Guess it doesn't make much diff for me.

Hi, shiro_ger

Would u mind sharing the differences tt Dr Tan shared with u in relation to short & long protocol?
My history is:
#1 fresh - long protocol - BFN
FET - BFP
FET - BFN

#2 fresh - short protocol - BFN
FET - waiting to start

I tried asking Dr Tan on the difference. His answer was short - less jabs, less stressful lo.. :)

Hi, shiro_ger

Would u mind sharing the differences tt Dr Tan shared with u in relation to short & long protocol?
My history is:
#1 fresh - long protocol - BFN
FET - BFP
FET - BFN

#2 fresh - short protocol - BFN
FET - waiting to start

I tried asking Dr Tan on the difference. His answer was short - less jabs, less stressful lo.. :)

My history for ease of comparison:
#1 Fresh - Long Protocol - BFP with singleton (Delivered in 2013)
FET #1 - BFN

#2 Fresh - Short Protocol - BFN
FET #2 - BFN
FET #3 - BFP with twins (lost them at week 8)

Dr Tan's explanation is pretty much the same as what he told you. The main difference is less jabs of different medication and less stress, but outcome the same. Coz my AMH is quite good and hubby's army is ok, he said dun go through jabbing for so long. He also said other than our body condition and observations of our reactions to the various types of jabs, a large part of it is trial and error. E.g. i do no respond well to menopur in my 2nd fresh, so i don't think he will give me menopur after the scan tomorrow.

Actually i yield more fertilised eggs in short protocol than in long. In long, after transferring, i am only left with 2 to freeze. For short, after transferring 2, i still have 12 to freeze, though not all survived thaw. I seriously dun think i will bfp for this fresh, i only hope that i will have eggs to last me through 2 FET again. Lol.

Oh my!!! Now I'm feeling worried if he will be around for my ER/ET not! Just had my CD3 scan yesterday and started the orgalutran jabs. This sat then I will start stim officially with pergoveris. I was caught off guard with the change in stim as I was still happily expecting it to be puregon which in my opinion is hassle free. Really not too comfortable to be under other doc's care :confused:

@meganl, understand that you're using pergoveris too? Your headache was caused by it? Hope that your headache will go away soon. Take care!

Hi Shiro, thanks for the information!
Im given Gonal F this round as the last round puregon doesnt work for me even on highest dosage. Im only yield 4 rggs and only 2 survive. So this round try GOnal F plus short protocol. Im really not young le and i really want to have 1 of my own. :(

I was on orgalutran from D2 to D4 (to prevent ovulation). D5 till now on 175 puregon. Going for scan tomorrow, but the nurse said Dr likely to increase dosage for me coz he does not want to over-stimulate right from the start. So far dun feel anything le.

Did you drink enough water? I was like drinking duno how much litres of water and LRD everyday. Drink till i keep running to the toilet.

My dosage was quite high from the start.. I started straight away fr 350.. Some days i need to inject both orgalutran n puregon.. On stim till day 14 den go for trigger shot.. et last fri n on 2ww now.. But i m gg back to work tom liao.. Hopefully e littles babies will stay strong inside me..

Oh...im doing my endo scratch on 7 May...initially was scheduled on 9 May but becos worried my af might come slightly early so we re-scheduled to 7 May...hope Dr Tan wl be arnd on 7 May...

Hi Shiro, thanks for the information!
Im given Gonal F this round as the last round puregon doesnt work for me even on highest dosage. Im only yield 4 rggs and only 2 survive. So this round try GOnal F plus short protocol. Im really not young le and i really want to have 1 of my own. :(

At least doc change the medication this time round. I used Gonal-F for my #1 fresh. They will change meds if you do not respond well and if you have not ovulate. Don't worry!
I think during the course of IVF, have to be very positive. For my BFPs, i was like treating everything as normal, do housework and walk alot. Whereas for my BFNs, i was like gan chiong spider. So relax and chin up ! :)

My dosage was quite high from the start.. I started straight away fr 350.. Some days i need to inject both orgalutran n puregon.. On stim till day 14 den go for trigger shot.. et last fri n on 2ww now.. But i m gg back to work tom liao.. Hopefully e littles babies will stay strong inside me..

My last cycle also started high, that's why i got OHSS (but could still proceeded with ET). This is also the reason why Dr started me with low dosage now and will adjust after tomorrow's scan. i think tomorrow onwards also need 2 types of jab liao.

Oh...im doing my endo scratch on 7 May...initially was scheduled on 9 May but becos worried my af might come slightly early so we re-scheduled to 7 May...hope Dr Tan wl be arnd on 7 May...

The nurse never say Dr away on 7 May during my last check with her 2 weeks ago. He should be around ba. Or you can actually email them and check Dr THH's schedule. The nurses respond fast.

Hi twinletot * waves waves*

Yaya.. im still with her but sometimes forgot her short nick. TSB aka CQM also..

Im also suppose to be in may but home got issues so i was delay for 1 month. hopte to get your baby dusts !! Did u went for any accpunture this round?
Seriously it has been ages since im back to this forum.
nope I dun think I will do acupuncture with ivf. TSB ask me to drink Chinese medi after ET. Will u be drinking oso?

I see. I thought u might be taking the same medication as me. I didn't drink enough water maybe. My heart also beat v fast even the Chinese doc said so. Hope this is normal.

Oh my!!! Now I'm feeling worried if he will be around for my ER/ET not! Just had my CD3 scan yesterday and started the orgalutran jabs. This sat then I will start stim officially with pergoveris. I was caught off guard with the change in stim as I was still happily expecting it to be puregon which in my opinion is hassle free. Really not too comfortable to be under other doc's care :confused:

@meganl, understand that you're using pergoveris too? Your headache was caused by it? Hope that your headache will go away soon. Take care!

yes I am taking pergoveris n saizen now. tmr last D7. phew. I hope I dun have to continue with the same medication. I went dr zou n she said pergoveris caused headache. having headache every single day. think my body weak lar. not everyone will experience this I guess. all the best to ur jabs.

Duno if i will be prescribed Pergoveris. I read somewhere tt this med tend to help in d quality of eggs, duno how true it is. My fren bfp-ed in Jan when she used this med and it was her first time using this too.

I hope I can be as lucky as your friend. This is my 2nd fresh n likely my last try. V tired of going thru again.

My history for ease of comparison:
#1 Fresh - Long Protocol - BFP with singleton (Delivered in 2013)
FET #1 - BFN

#2 Fresh - Short Protocol - BFN
FET #2 - BFN
FET #3 - BFP with twins (lost them at week 8)

Dr Tan's explanation is pretty much the same as what he told you. The main difference is less jabs of different medication and less stress, but outcome the same. Coz my AMH is quite good and hubby's army is ok, he said dun go through jabbing for so long. He also said other than our body condition and observations of our reactions to the various types of jabs, a large part of it is trial and error. E.g. i do no respond well to menopur in my 2nd fresh, so i don't think he will give me menopur after the scan tomorrow.

Actually i yield more fertilised eggs in short protocol than in long. In long, after transferring, i am only left with 2 to freeze. For short, after transferring 2, i still have 12 to freeze, though not all survived thaw. I seriously dun think i will bfp for this fresh, i only hope that i will have eggs to last me through 2 FET again. Lol.

Thanks a lot for the detailed comparison..
@ the end of the day, it is stil luck & timing perhaps.. For me, difference between #1 fresh & #2 fresh r:
#1 - long protocol, gonal f, 4 years ago.
#2 - short protocol, pergoveris, this year..

The yield for #2 was only 50% of #1 & the embryos grading r not as good as #1 too.. It cld juz b any reason above or luck or timing.. But I hv to say I quite like short protocol coz the difference in the cycle time is almost a month (long protocol having only to start on CD21). It's like u get to ER, ET etc faster..

I know wat u meant re. having enough embryos to last 2 FETs coz each fresh can reali b draining.. Anyway, stay positive & who knows, u may BFP on ur fresh this time. We juz need that luck & good timing.. Jiayou!! & hope to catch ur baby dusts soon..

Hi everyone, I will be going for my first appointment with Dr Tan HH in end may, anything to take note? TIA!

Megan how's scan so far. Is response better with pergoveris. I had slight headache first few days after that gone liao. Hope yrs run away too. Was on pergoveris 450 for 12 days. Tomorrow ER. Scared. If am on d3 transfer it's a Sunday. Never did a day 2 or day 4 before. Hope Dr tan is around for my ER and ET. All the best to u too

Hope to be luck as yr friend too....first timer on pergoveris. On puregon and menopur tho extracted 16 eggs last cycle only 10 fertilised and 2 survived. Hope this time better response and bfp.

My TCM is Dr que at tangshan. He stops acu n herbs after ER so after et nothing. Does tsb give herbs during tww. Thought of seeing her.

hi mesara, TSB will give Chinese medi after ET but her appointment is one mth in advance. so u may not in time to see her. Gd luck to ur ER tml. :);)

Thanks babe! But my body is weak kind also leh. What's your dosage for pergoveris? Really feeling the jitters now even though the actual stim kicks off this Sat. Guess I will just prep myself with medicated oil first. Btw, I just realised my fren also strike on her 1st fresh with pergoveris and was a grade 3 embroyes when transferred. Delivered safely last Nov with THH. Hopefully we can be as lucky too!

Megan how's scan so far. Is response better with pergoveris. I had slight headache first few days after that gone liao. Hope yrs run away too. Was on pergoveris 450 for 12 days. Tomorrow ER. Scared. If am on d3 transfer it's a Sunday. Never did a day 2 or day 4 before. Hope Dr tan is around for my ER and ET. All the best to u too

All the best for your ER tmr!! Hope that you will have loads of good quality eggs!! Do keep us posted again.

Thanks a lot for the detailed comparison..
@ the end of the day, it is stil luck & timing perhaps.. For me, difference between #1 fresh & #2 fresh r:
#1 - long protocol, gonal f, 4 years ago.
#2 - short protocol, pergoveris, this year..

The yield for #2 was only 50% of #1 & the embryos grading r not as good as #1 too.. It cld juz b any reason above or luck or timing.. But I hv to say I quite like short protocol coz the difference in the cycle time is almost a month (long protocol having only to start on CD21). It's like u get to ER, ET etc faster..

I know wat u meant re. having enough embryos to last 2 FETs coz each fresh can reali b draining.. Anyway, stay positive & who knows, u may BFP on ur fresh this time. We juz need that luck & good timing.. Jiayou!! & hope to catch ur baby dusts soon..

Other than draining physically, financially also straining. FET at least cheaper than fresh. Lol

And it seems like most of you are taking pergoveris. After today's scan doc still ask me to continue with 175 puregon and add on the ovulation blocker (orgalutran). Only 7 detected ranging from 5 to 9.5 and the rest are small follicles. Sian... Tink my ER and ET likely to clash with Dr's leave. *double sianx*

Sisters, any of you had experience with puregon + saizen in ur cycle?
Supposed to start on May cycle (AF due beginning of month) but had about 4 days of blood from below outside of normal menstrual cycle. Have to follow up with urogynae and get the go ahead first before proceeding. So i think unlikely to proceed with May cycle *sad * but was told by doc that I would start with puregon 400 + saizen.
Its our first fresh.

I am due for scan tmr. U took pergoveris for 12 days? Which means tmr u shd be ard D17 or 18 from start date of your menses?

Thanks babe! But my body is weak kind also leh. What's your dosage for pergoveris? Really feeling the jitters now even though the actual stim kicks off this Sat. Guess I will just prep myself with medicated oil first. Btw, I just realised my fren also strike on her 1st fresh with pergoveris and was a grade 3 embroyes when transferred. Delivered safely last Nov with THH. Hopefully we can be as lucky too!

All the best for your ER tmr!! Hope that you will have loads of good quality eggs!! Do keep us posted again.
Hi Milogal,

Think mine was 300iu, I use two boxes per day. I am very prone to headaches. When menses came n end, I will experience headaches too. dun be scared, maybe you be alright :)

Yes Queenie...my previous is end Feb af...For me i can't do apr coz my af came b4 my review wif dr tan...so i think u still can do may cycle if ur review is b4 ur may af...u can chk this wif dr tan...btw, my grant expiring this sept..hope to bfp soon..

Im not sure of the scan for medicated FET. But looks like is much hassle free as compared to natural FET. No jabs though juz some oral med to take fm day 4 to day 9 if im not wrong..yaya...no need to monitor ovulation..

:-( Dr Tan say jul cycle for FET.. He didn't suggest May - I guess coz too near my failed cycle. I ask abt jun - he said close for cleaning.. Jul is juz soo far away..

Then when I suggested medicated, he ask "ur like medicated Huh?" Hahaha.. I said no lah, wan to try change of luck.. Hahahaha..

Ya finished ER waiting for hubby. Went well. Thanks ladies. Will do D2 transfer on Sat. Hope and pray all will be fine.

Good! My scan was ok too. This time round more follicles. Today is actually my D13 so doing my ER on Sat. My stimulation started on D6. Asked them y I keep having headaches n they mentioned its dehydration. So ladies on Pergoveris pls drink more water. 2litres per day.

Glad to hear that meganl. So u trigger tonight and sat ER ar. U only stim for 8 days is it...tats short. R u on pergoveris alone. I was unwell last week with flu from tue to thus and my follicle growth slowed down. Else mite be lesser days. Anyway one hurdle crossed. Next on sat. Am not hoping for blast. Even at day 2 or 3 if have a couple good grades will do. Now the worry is abt if have embryos for transfer and wat grade. sleepy after ER. In this journey are never short of worries and challenges. Had lunch at kkh and now home going to zzzzz. Take care. We mite bump into each other sat morning hehe. All the best for ER gal.

Yes, just took the trigger n ER on sat. I was taking saizen n pergoveris. my stim only for 7 days. They started me on stim late on CD 6. not sure y. finally stim over v happy!!! yes, every since started on ivf journey, I feel v sian. always cannot plan for holidays. u on leave after ET? I will rest at home for 2 weeks before returning to work.

It's good to load the body with less med. Good that u responded well to pergoveris and saizen. After taking the antibiotics I have diarrhea. Think happened last round too. There is also pain and cramps in abdomen back and ovaries. Hope to feel better tomorrow. I v stress no matter hw I tried to calm myself. Haizz..I will go to office on and off la. No one in family and office know abt ivf except me n hubby. Lesser stress this way. Around implantation I will stay home. Maybe twice a week work.

:-( Dr Tan say jul cycle for FET.. He didn't suggest May - I guess coz too near my failed cycle. I ask abt jun - he said close for cleaning.. Jul is juz soo far away..

Then when I suggested medicated, he ask "ur like medicated Huh?" Hahaha.. I said no lah, wan to try change of luck.. Hahahaha..
Hi Queenie, i heard fm the nurse that kkivf centre wl be closed fm 7 aug to 12 aug for aircon maintenance...so she said if af come after 20 jul, they wl not accept for jul cycle as ER & ET might clash wif their closure...u may wanna chk wif them again but if ur af is b4 20 jul then it shld be ok la...

So r u on natural or medicated FET?

Good luck @mesara for your ET & @meganl for your ER on Sat!!

My protocol this time is like yours @meganl. My stim only starts D8! D3-D7 on the blocker. I keep looking at the jab sheet if they wrote wrongly not. Anyways, if I do respond well like you, guess Dr THH will not be around for my ER/ET :(.......

Good luck @mesara for your ET & @meganl for your ER on Sat!!

My protocol this time is like yours @meganl. My stim only starts D8! D3-D7 on the blocker. I keep looking at the jab sheet if they wrote wrongly not. Anyways, if I do respond well like you, guess Dr THH will not be around for my ER/ET :(.......
Hi Milogal, yes mine like yours except I started one day earlier. Remember to drink more water :p

It's good to load the body with less med. Good that u responded well to pergoveris and saizen. After taking the antibiotics I have diarrhea. Think happened last round too. There is also pain and cramps in abdomen back and ovaries. Hope to feel better tomorrow. I v stress no matter hw I tried to calm myself. Haizz..I will go to office on and off la. No one in family and office know abt ivf except me n hubby. Lesser stress this way. Around implantation I will stay home. Maybe twice a week work.
I see. I have to tell my colleagues n boss cos need pple to cover my work. took unpaid leave. Therefore I cannot keep taking unpaid so it's gonna be my last try. When will implantation start?