(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

I didn't have any problems getting thorough the line for making appointments! His current package is $800 from 13 weeks onwards.

Thanks baobeimommy! I am keen to see Dr Tham, but he is only available in 3 weeks time, do you think it make sense to go see another gynae for appt at week 7/8 then make appt to see Dr Tham for 2nd appt? Is it usually around week 12? Thanks for your advice! :)

Sorry baobeimommy, what does Dr Tham's package of $800 include? Thanks!

Hi and congrats to all MTB. I just tested twice last week, first was using the Watson test kit which shows a faint line, then 2 days later I went to test using the clear blue digital kit and both shows +ve with clear blue indicating 2-3 weeks. This is my 3rd pregnancy however feeling quite lost as almost cant recall what to expect, when to see gynae as my last pregnancy is 3+ years ago. Hehe...

Based on calculation on the net, I should be around 5 weeks. Yet to see gynae thinking to drag till 6 or 7 weeks but meanwhile worried for ectopic pregnancy etc as I have some spotting but no pain/cramps. Wouldn't say a lot but on/off. I have these with my 2 other pregnancy too.

Hope to get some advice and supports from mummies here.

How many weeks are u mummies into pregnancy? Eat small small meals to ensure there's always food in Ur tummy. Now I stock boxes of cut fruits in my fridge for me to snack every few hours.

I am very sleepy everyday now, especially when my no.1 keep waking up at night to cry "Mummy mummy", and wants me to cuddle her to sleep...

Hi and congrats to all MTB. I just tested twice last week, first was using the Watson test kit which shows a faint line, then 2 days later I went to test using the clear blue digital kit and both shows +ve with clear blue indicating 2-3 weeks. This is my 3rd pregnancy however feeling quite lost as almost cant recall what to expect, when to see gynae as my last pregnancy is 3+ years ago. Hehe...

Based on calculation on the net, I should be around 5 weeks. Yet to see gynae thinking to drag till 6 or 7 weeks but meanwhile worried for ectopic pregnancy etc as I have some spotting but no pain/cramps. Wouldn't say a lot but on/off. I have these with my 2 other pregnancy too.

Hope to get some advice and supports from mummies here.

Hi mummy,
I think u should give Ur Gynae a call to ask for advice regarding the spotting or any discharge. We all know spotting is normal, especially if there's no pain or cramping, but a call or even visit will definitely give you a peace of mind!

I had discharge at 5 weeks and I went to see a Gynae immediately the next day! Relieved to know it's not ectopic pregnancy. But was advised to stay away from caffeine, start taking hormone pills and start weaning my no.1 off breastfeeding.

Hi baobeimommy, thanks for your reply. Oops, staying away from caffeine...I just took a cup of coffee this morning.

Hi all

I am in my 5th week and starting this week I start to feel very very tired. Last night start to have fever so I took panadol after asking my Gynae. Whole body ache including Eerm below.. So scared coz It's my first pregnancy. Today still don't feel well so took panadol again. Will it affect the fetus?!

I also lost my appetite.. Worse is start to have aversion to veggies! Plus already start constipating though I ate lots of fruits and yoghurt last week.

Are all these normal in the 5th week???

How are u now? Hope u are getting better!

Morning sickness strikes around 6 weeks.. Do take a lot of rest, sleep earlier, it will make u better! Remember to take Ur vitamins, and find Ur comfort foods. Eat in small meals too.

Hope Ur fever gets better soon so U don't need Panadol. I think Panadol is fine but if possible, I would stay away from it.

I had very bad constipation in my first pregnancy, even went to a&e for it! So do take lots of water together with fruits too. I was given lactus for constipation and doctor advised me to blend banana with milk.

Thanks baobeimommy! I am keen to see Dr Tham, but he is only available in 3 weeks time, do you think it make sense to go see another gynae for appt at week 7/8 then make appt to see Dr Tham for 2nd appt? Is it usually around week 12? Thanks for your advice! :)

Hi! Three weeks later is how many week pregnant for u? First visit is preferably from 6-8 weeks. If dr tham is only available after 8 weeks, I think u can see another Gynae first to ensure Ur pregnancy is stable, usually first visit ensures there's no etopic pregnancy and lets u see the pregnancy sac and maybe u can hear the heartbeat! :) and of cos the blood and urine tests.

Hi all MTB,

Notice alot mummies here is preg wif #3, so m i :) just tested positive on Wed and test again on saturday to ensure, cos i bought the cheap watson brand :p was tinkin to schedule for nxt appt wif gynae as now i blief, only can c sac, and will be a waste of money. any mummy can share as i reali forget the procedure, cos my 2nd Pregnancy is 3yrs back. my LMD is 21st march, m i 5th weeks or 6 weeks?

Hello mummies, I just tested positive last week (2 tests to double confirm). First time mummy to be here. Can I check with you all when should we schedule the first gyane visit? I wanted to see Dr Benjamin Tham but the nurse said I should only see him from week 8 onwards. Somehow I feel that it's too late? or is it ok?

Hello mummies, I just tested positive last week (2 tests to double confirm). First time mummy to be here. Can I check with you all when should we schedule the first gyane visit? I wanted to see Dr Benjamin Tham but the nurse said I should only see him from week 8 onwards. Somehow I feel that it's too late? or is it ok?
Hi hi. . I was also given appt to see Dr Tham at 8 weeks. Technically shd be ok if you dun have spotting or cramps..

Hi all MTB,

Notice alot mummies here is preg wif #3, so m i :) just tested positive on Wed and test again on saturday to ensure, cos i bought the cheap watson brand :p was tinkin to schedule for nxt appt wif gynae as now i blief, only can c sac, and will be a waste of money. any mummy can share as i reali forget the procedure, cos my 2nd Pregnancy is 3yrs back. my LMD is 21st march, m i 5th weeks or 6 weeks?
Should be week 5 I think. My LMD was 2 March.. I m 8 weeks today..

Hi hi. . I was also given appt to see Dr Tham at 8 weeks. Technically shd be ok if you dun have spotting or cramps..

I think I am more gan cheong. Probably I would see another gyane before seeing dr tham. >.< am currently week 5 now. My LMD was 24 March. I just checked the EDD calculator. 29th dec. I might still be in time for sg50 baby! :p

Annix - ur lmd near mine...for wad i knw tis week go n c..cannot c anyting..they will ask u bak again nxt week..so it will b best u arrange appt nxt week onwards :) cos they wan to c whether the fetus is inside the sac anot

Anyone still breastfeeding? My weaning failed so terribly that I hav no choice but to carry on breastfeeding my 10mo.

Feeling so drained out on my body cos eating is such a chore now, even as a chore, it has to feed 3 mouths now

Hi! Three weeks later is how many week pregnant for u? First visit is preferably from 6-8 weeks. If dr tham is only available after 8 weeks, I think u can see another Gynae first to ensure Ur pregnancy is stable, usually first visit ensures there's no etopic pregnancy and lets u see the pregnancy sac and maybe u can hear the heartbeat! :) and of cos the blood and urine tests.
Hihi, I will be 8/9 weeks. And problem is that week, im very occupied with work, so I doubt I can make it to see Dr Tham. Yup, I think I will go see another gynae next week at 7/8 weeks, cos we are quite anxious and nervous about it. In fact, I also dont mind seeing a few gynae to see if im comfortable with him or not. Thanks so much for all your help! :)

Hi Momo Mum, I think im same as you, my LMD is 14/3, according to app, I think Im 6w2d yest too! :) can u hear the heartbeat? :)

Doc only showed me a tiny blinking light which hub can see and i can barely see. Lol. He nv turn on the sound. I shall request for it at my next visit :)

Yes yes Momo Mum the blinking is beanie heartbeat ;) Normally gyn will auto on the sound to let parents-to-be hear ;)

@baobeimommy, do u mind sharing how much are Dr tham's charges like before the package for eg consultation, ultrascan, utrogestan etc?

I heard many good reviews abt him and his package starts from week 13th. My gynae's package starts from 20th and the price is the same. So technically Dr tham's package is more affordable.

And also, when u hv appointment w him, how long do u normally wait?

@baobeimommy, do u mind sharing how much are Dr tham's charges like before the package for eg consultation, ultrascan, utrogestan etc?

I heard many good reviews abt him and his package starts from week 13th. My gynae's package starts from 20th and the price is the same. So technically Dr tham's package is more affordable.

His package of 11 visits from 12 weeks is $800.

Yesterday, I paid him $100 for consult, $70 for scan. Can't rem the cost price for the pills

Anyone still breastfeeding? My weaning failed so terribly that I hav no choice but to carry on breastfeeding my 10mo.

Feeling so drained out on my body cos eating is such a chore now, even as a chore, it has to feed 3 mouths now

I was breastfeeding my 19 month old til the Gynae asked me to wean off last Friday. So far so good, I told my girl that the doctor says cannot so she just close her eyes and sleep. Sometimes she throws a tantrum but will be ok after that. But I latched her twice since last Friday, when she threw very bad tantrums.

But 10months old is different.. I most likely can't wean off at 10 months too. I already am feeling very sad that I can't bf her til 2yo.

I have friends who still Breastfeed while pregnant. Some gynaes feel that if Ur health and pregnancy is ok, then breastfeeding is ok too. Will u be getting a second opinion on this?

seems like Benjamin Tham is very very popular... too popular also not good? if want to see him urgently, dont know if he will be free or not leh..

How are u now? Hope u are getting better!

Morning sickness strikes around 6 weeks.. Do take a lot of rest, sleep earlier, it will make u better! Remember to take Ur vitamins, and find Ur comfort foods. Eat in small meals too.

Hope Ur fever gets better soon so U don't need Panadol. I think Panadol is fine but if possible, I would stay away from it.

I had very bad constipation in my first pregnancy, even went to a&e for it! So do take lots of water together with fruits too. I was given lactus for constipation and doctor advised me to blend banana with milk.
Try Blending Ripe papayas with milk OR drink prune juice both are also for good if you are constipated -

Hi babe, mind sharing who is your the other gynae?
I am deciding among 3 gynae, all packages starting at diff week and different rate. However, I am also not sure if I am comfortable with them. So thinking of what to do. Maybe see 1 at Wk 7/8, another at Wk 10/11 and the last at Wk13 and then decide.. so confusing!

Hi all.. im being diagnosed ytd. And it was said that im in my 7 weeks. But so far so good. I don feel anything yet. Usuallh how many weeks will the symtoms be out?

I am in my 5th week and starting this week I start to feel very very tired. Last night start to have fever so I took panadol after asking my Gynae. Whole body ache including Eerm below.. So scared coz It's my first pregnancy. Today still don't feel well so took panadol again. Will it affect the fetus?!

I also lost my appetite.. Worse is start to have aversion to veggies! Plus already start constipating though I ate lots of fruits and yoghurt last week.

Are all these normal in the 5th week???

Hi all MTB,

Hello! My 2nd pregnancy was in Dec 2011. 3years plus back. LMD was 18 March. Thinking to go checkup only 2weeks later

Hello! My 2nd pregnancy was in Dec 2011. 3years plus back. LMD was 18 March. Thinking to go checkup only 2weeks later

Ya...im tinking to go 2 weeks later..to save money...haha..cos my 2 pregnancy i went on week5 den both c sac..askin me to go bak nxt week..per consultation is at least 200...

My first pregnancy, waiting time about 15min?
This time I haven't seen him yet, but my friend is seeing him and that day she waited about 30min and still have 5 mummies infront of her.

Hi! Im at 6th week now. Baby edd is one day before my birthday. So im pretty excited. However, doctor did a scan yesterday and told me i have 2 fibroids. He say theres a risk of miscarriage and gave me utrogestan. Im worried, first time going to be a mother.

okok pray hard for you!! Hopefully is a good news! I hate waiting game.. so totally can feel u.. actually I'm also quite nervous and worried coz tested 2 times (4 days apart) the line is still so faint.. >.<

By the way I have created a FB group for DEC 2015 mommy, let me know if want to join ok! Just search for December SG50 babies or post your email address yah! :)

Add me pls! [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

My gynae is Dr Henry Cheng. Went for my first visit when the it was 6.5 weeks. Measuring 4.2mm.

Currently, I'm having constipation! Any natural remedy? Other than folic acid, is there any other prescription or supplement?

Hi babe, mind sharing who is your the other gynae?
I am deciding among 3 gynae, all packages starting at diff week and different rate. However, I am also not sure if I am comfortable with them. So thinking of what to do. Maybe see 1 at Wk 7/8, aher at Wk 10/11 and the last at Wk13 and then decide.. so confusing!

@luv_blue My current gynae is Dr Fong Yang. He has a clinic at Tiong Bahru and Mount E Novena.

Hi! Im at 6th week now. Baby edd is one day before my birthday. So im pretty excited. However, doctor did a scan yesterday and told me i have 2 fibroids. He say theres a risk of miscarriage and gave me utrogestan. Im worried, first time going to be a mother.

Did the Gynae tell u the size of Ur fibroids? I have a fibroid that's 5cm and grew to 8 during my first pregnancy. Delivered my no.1 through natural birth. If the size is not very big it's normally not a problem, fibroids are very common these days. Utrogestan is a hormone pill to increase hormones in Ur body to protect the baby.

My gynae is Dr Henry Cheng. Went for my first visit when the it was 6.5 weeks. Measuring 4.2mm.

Currently, I'm having constipation! Any natural remedy? Other than folic acid, is there any other prescription or supplement?

U can ask Ur doctor about lactus? I took this for constipation in my first pregnancy, I was also told to blend bananas with milk. Most importantly, u need to take lots of water, especially if u are taking in a lot of fibre. Too much fibre with too little water leads to constipation too.

Back