My 4 yr old boy slept at 12 midnite daily

does he nap alot ? maybe cut down on nap time
and does he wake up late ..maybe wake up early then can go bed early

My boy dun like naps so need to force him to take naps which will be 30 mins to an hour at the most. No matter what time he sleeps, he always wake up at 0700 hrs sharp daily. He doesn't like childcare centre and I suspect he wants to catch me before I go to work, to cry and plead against going to school.

My boy dun like naps so need to force him to take naps which will be 30 mins to an hour at the most. No matter what time he sleeps, he always wake up at 0700 hrs sharp daily. He doesn't like childcare centre and I suspect he wants to catch me before I go to work, to cry and plead against going to school.

Did u ask child care teacher what happening there ?

Yes, but childcare teacher told me everything is fine. Even on weekends, he will delay nitetime sleep. This week, he's down with chickenpox, and still wake up at 7am, even though there's no school. Think this has become a habit.

Yes, but childcare teacher told me everything is fine. Even on weekends, he will delay nitetime sleep. This week, he's down with chickenpox, and still wake up at 7am, even though there's no school. Think this has become a habit.
then it is a habit ..
my boy also wake up at specific time regardless whether he sleep early or late

perhaps nothing sweet like milo, cakes, vitamins after dinner, high sugar stuff may keep him high energy and last till to the night. my girl used to be like this but now without nap she sleeps at 1030pm which is also quite late as she is awake 8plus in the morning.

Hi All!
My boy used to do the same thing... sleep past midnite and get all cranky wen he needs to wake up for childcare at 6.30am.. afew months back a mummy from this forum recommended using Lavender essential oil from Young Living. And it works very well for both my kids, 4yo & 2yo. I juz apply a drop each behind their ears and on their pillow.. it calms them dwn and relaxes my 2 hyper kids. I apply it for them at abt 8.30pm and by 9pm their would hv toned down and i gently bring them to bed with their milk and they relax and by 9.45pm they are sound asleep. Huge fan of these Young Living oils now! :)

Hi, any mummies' kids are like this? And what have you done to make him sleep earlier?

maybe it's the way ur kid's bedroom is arranged.. make sure there's no light creeping into the room.. like street lights, etc. buy heavier curtains.

maybe using relaxant scents in the room or playing soothing music will help too? just a few suggestions off my head..

but sleeping too late is not a good habit to develop so try to help him kick it :/

sometimes it's not because of biological reasons (e.g. eating sugary stuff before bed, or light coming into your room) but because of emotional reasons, according to my experience. my youngest kid used to have problems sleeping also if i or my hubby don't tuck her in. hope everything will be ok for you and your little one, movenpick.

we had the same problems as wel... in the end hubby and I gave up... whole family of 4 watch Korean drama together till 10.45pm... then off all lights in house

Try to coax them to sleep by reading bedtime story. and lights off at 1030 or earlier. I always do that and it's work.

My 3 year old boy is like that too. He will sleep about 11 plus. So I don't let him take a nap. If he doesn't nap in the day, he will sleep at 8pm! Isn't that wonderful??

Make sure that your child stop eating and drinking sweet things at least 2 hours before bedtime. That means after dinner, no more snack. When you have decided on a bedtime timing, be consistent. Never ever change the timing even if it is just 1 day. If your child responds better to routine, then you have to be consistent. Let's say you set the bedtime at 9pm. 9Pm, you have to go in to the room with your child. Change pyjamas, off the light. Tell him it is bedtime. Don't let him go out of the room. You might need to deal with whining and crying for a few days or maybe a few weeks. But after that it should be fine :)

Back