(2015/11) Nov 2015 Mummies

there's Dr. Hii at Khatib Central, my first two appts with him then I change as I don't feel comfortable with him and find him expensive, however, there's another mummy here who signed package with him. You can just walk into Dr. Hii clinic and make appointment.

There's Dr. Chen Lin Han at Chong Pang, a friend recommended me to him and he's very popular, very crowded. he has two clinics, one in Chong Pang, second one at MT A, so give them a call before you make appointment.

I'm seeing and have signed package with Dr. Don Wong whose clinic is at Admiralty MRT station further up after Macdonald's. :)

I just got my oscar results. Took the test yest morning. :) now can tell boss anytime.

I took oscar test last Tues and got the result last sat at my gynae. Told my boss when I knew I was preg coz need time off for gynae visits instead of utilising mcs and she kept it a secret. I'm at week 13 now but only she and another colleague knew coz I needed some extra help at work. Haha never thought of when announcing. Maybe just wait till ppl ask when tummy starts showing up.

I'll probably walk in to Dr Hii first and see how it turns out. Should i do my oscar with Dr Hii too? He has some packages as well right?

Yes Dr. Hii also have packages but Oscar is paid separately at TMC de. tonight you go try walk in ba and see how. :)

Hi mommies, saw some are arranging to take the Oscar test. I took Oscar, pre-eclampsia & thalassaemia (husband take also, jus take once in a lifetime). I paid ard $780 exclude blood tests, but amt includes the 20th wk scan. My package starts from week 12, check with nurse, she say cover up to 10 check ups, urine tests & 1 ultrascan photo. Oscar test results came back within 2 days, though i checked with dr, he say within 3 working days. Better tell baby be good when doing Oscar test, mine was sitting upright, haha.. as they need to see baby lying in a netural position, then can see the gap between the neck to detect down syndrome. As for the 2 other tests, i chat with the nurse why last time the pre-eclampsia test is not so popular last yr, she shared more & more mommies having this last yr, so docs now recommend mommies-to-be to do the test.

@lovers0206: by then my gal already started solid so could start taking the supplements :)

@walkelsewhere: I'm seeing the Dr Chen Lin Han that was mentioned by magc, he delivered my 1st one and he's really warm, fatherly, encouraging - I love him! Haha! But always crowded and long waiting hours, too popular :p

I went to Dr Hii once, don't really feel comfortable, although his clinic is more spacious. But then again, to each his own, depends on individual chemistry so who knows you may like him better than I do:)

Last edited:
Hi mommies, saw some are arranging to take the Oscar test. I took Oscar, pre-eclampsia & thalassaemia (husband take also, jus take once in a lifetime). I paid ard $780 exclude blood tests, but amt includes the 20th wk scan. My package starts from week 12, check with nurse, she say cover up to 10 check ups, urine tests & 1 ultrascan photo. Oscar test results came back within 2 days, though i checked with dr, he say within 3 working days. Better tell baby be good when doing Oscar test, mine was sitting upright, haha.. as they need to see baby lying in a netural position, then can see the gap between the neck to detect down syndrome. As for the 2 other tests, i chat with the nurse why last time the pre-eclampsia test is not so popular last yr, she shared more & more mommies having this last yr, so docs now recommend mommies-to-be to do the test.
Hihi im new to this forum, just joined today. But shld ve joined earlier cos i was askin ard y i need to take preemclampsia test when none of my peers did it. Thought it was cos of my m/c history n my age (34) being a 1st time mtb... haha. But ya turn out this is a new test so recommended for all.

Yes Dr. Hii also have packages but Oscar is paid separately at TMC de. tonight you go try walk in ba and see how. :)
Maybe i'll try the doc both you ladies are seeing? :) i'll drop by tmr or thursday. Any idea what time has the least number of people?

@lovers0206: by then my gal already started solid so could start taking the supplements :)

@walkelsewhere: I'm seeing the Dr Chen Lin Han that was mentioned by magc, he delivered my 1st one and he's really warm, fatherly, encouraging - I love him! Haha! But always crowded and long waiting hours, too popular :p

I went to Dr Hii once, don't really feel comfortable, although his clinic is more spacious. But then again, to each his own, depends on individual chemistry so who knows you may like him better than I do:)

Alrights! Will drop by soon! :) ty for your info!

I guess u'll hav to go the following week coz must do by 14wks..
U seeing him at which clinic?
Just went to see Dr Adrian yesterday, Oscar n NT scan will be on next week. By then will be week 13 according to the scan.
Haha bb edd keep changing until I don't know when is bb going to due.
mrsmorgan had you stop taking the hormones pill?

I also thinking to cater confinement food but my hubby cannot take so long leave to stay at home leh.. it'll be good if this can work, can save so much $$..

is this your first child? hub have one week paternity leave, so the first week he can take n stay at home with you to help you. then following weeks take half day leave or so loh. if u cater confinement food, the rest no need to worry. coz no need to hand wash baby clothes ma, just throw into washing machine and use baby laundry detergent. wash adults clothes separately tho so for the first few months, water bill high abit. if want save on water bill, then wash yourselves loh. depending on whether u gonna follow confinement rules, if you follow then all the water you touch is to be cool boiled water, if you don't follow rules, u can do the washing of baby's clothes actually (hand wash). how is your pregnancy so far? are you enjoying it? morning sickness? weak? or no symptoms?

when u bathe / change diapers / clothes, ensure baby is at your waist level so you don't have to bend down / squat to do things. like that wont hurt your back. :)

At last, i saw someone taking pre-eclampsia. Can share with me what they do during pre-eclampsia? I'll be doing harmony, pre-eclampsia, NT scan on 8 May.
I only know that harmony will take 3 tubes of my blood & NT scan will be done by my gyne to check bb's head & neck.
But the pre-eclampsia is done by another clinic in Thomson Medical Ctr, so i've not idea what to expect. Can share?

Have you ladies start taking milk powder for preggy?

I have been having bone pain and teeth bleeding when brushing teeth....

Anyone have the same problem?...

I think i'm going to be dehydrated soon... Still vomitting badly after every meals or whenever i go toilet...

Do you all take public tpt? On a few occassions, i feel like short of breath, cold sweat & nearly fainited as I was standing in the train (though train not very packed). I quickly come out of the train & take a seat to rest.. .. After resting, i went back into the train & continue my journey to work.

Do u gals hv this problem like me?

Have anyone met colleagues who were once closed but know u are pregnant did no congratulate you and started react very cold towards you?

My colleague quite close to me started to ignore me and gave me cold shoulders after knowing I am pregnant.. So strange.. Isn't it something to be happy for others ?

Have anyone met colleagues who were once closed but know u are pregnant did no congratulate you and started react very cold towards you?

My colleague quite close to me started to ignore me and gave me cold shoulders after knowing I am pregnant.. So strange.. Isn't it something to be happy for others ?

Is it because they have to cover your work when you go on ML? Or jealous?

She doesn't have to cover my work, we do different kind of work...

I don't know why the sudden change but I do know she is trying to conceive... I hope it's not due to jealous because I was just informing her cos I treat her as a better colleague and tot that it won't be nice for her to know through my boss... Sigh~

I don't know why the sudden change but I do know she is trying to conceive... I hope it's not due to jealous because I was just informing her cos I treat her as a better colleague and tot that it won't be nice for her to know through my boss... Sigh~
Maybe you might want to ask her directly ? Like "hey, recently are you ok ? You seem troubled." Since both of you rather close? Or are there other colleagues who are close to her? You can check with them?

Just went to see Dr Adrian yesterday, Oscar n NT scan will be on next week. By then will be week 13 according to the scan.
Haha bb edd keep changing until I don't know when is bb going to due.
mrsmorgan had you stop taking the hormones pill?
Haha yah edd will keep changing one but i think based on nt scan will be more accurate? Im left with tmr for the hormone pills. Im in my 12th wk now so i think no need to take anymore. Tmr going for my oscar n nt scan then nxt thurs seeing Dr. Adrian. Dunno if he will give me hormone pills again.

I drink Anmum every night before going to bed.

My morning sickness seems to have hit its peak since last wk. Try to eat then feel like throwing up. Empty stomach oso feel terrible. :-S

If cant take preggy milk powder can take calcium pills. =)
I bought the milk but haven start yet =P
Scare will vomit so will start on 2nd trimester.

I think i'm going to be dehydrated soon... Still vomitting badly after every meals or whenever i go toilet...

Do you all take public tpt? On a few occassions, i feel like short of breath, cold sweat & nearly fainited as I was standing in the train (though train not very packed). I quickly come out of the train & take a seat to rest.. .. After resting, i went back into the train & continue my journey to work.

At start I'm like that. But now getting better. I will try to stand direct below the aircon, so I can breath better.
But if no choice, wear maternity wear see ppls will give up the seat to u.

I think it's more of unbalance inside since she's also trying to conceive but no luck yet bah....

Haha yah edd will keep changing one but i think based on nt scan will be more accurate? Im left with tmr for the hormone pills. Im in my 12th wk now so i think no need to take anymore. Tmr going for my oscar n nt scan then nxt thurs seeing Dr. Adrian. Dunno if he will give me hormone pills again.

I drink Anmum every night before going to bed.

My morning sickness seems to have hit its peak since last wk. Try to eat then feel like throwing up. Empty stomach oso feel terrible. :-S
I think next Thursday he will ask you to stop the hormone pills. He told me to stop when I finish the previous hormones pill given by him. =)
No hormones pills will feel less bloated.

Chubby1314, I had tried Llao Llao last week.. No Q.. I feel its taste like yami yoghurt le.
Haha..

Good for you la! At least got a try on that....

Anyone knows... Cathay plantinum and GV gold class.. Which is better? My hubby and I dated each other later for movie - avengers... Before BB comes, need to paktor more often. Lolx.

At last, i saw someone taking pre-eclampsia. Can share with me what they do during pre-eclampsia? I'll be doing harmony, pre-eclampsia, NT scan on 8 May.
I only know that harmony will take 3 tubes of my blood & NT scan will be done by my gyne to check bb's head & neck.
But the pre-eclampsia is done by another clinic in Thomson Medical Ctr, so i've not idea what to expect. Can share?
For pre eclampsia they will do a detailed scan of yr bb, take a blood test and several blood pressures. With these 3 combinations result out in a week to determine if u r at risk of pre eclampsia before wk 34. If u r at risk i think theres some medication. I got mine last week but im ok.

Good for you la! At least got a try on that....

Anyone knows... Cathay plantinum and GV gold class.. Which is better? My hubby and I dated each other later for movie - avengers... Before BB comes, need to paktor more often. Lolx.
Cool~~~ Enjoy your dating. Really need to paktor more often when bb is out. When bb is out then no time two persons moments le..

Cool~~~ Enjoy your dating. Really need to paktor more often when bb is out. When bb is out then no time two persons moments le..

I told my hubby... once the bb comes into this world.. part of my affection would go to BB..... so I might somehow unintentionally neglected him... so taking this time to make up in advance lo.
Taking care a new life will be a never-ending learning journey... I watched the drama - 'Tiger Mom' and I liked it very much. Be it a newborn, toddler or teenager. it is so much of a challenge every now and then.

Don know leh.. I ask the nurse... while taking my Oscar BT a few days ago.. no scan only see doc only... scan got to wait for another 2 to 3 weeks.... I was like.. wah pianz! so long.

how are you doing so far?
Haha. I need to wait another month after NT scan then can see bb. Haha. No worries. As long as bb kicking well didn't see in scan its ok. =)

I told my hubby... once the bb comes into this world.. part of my affection would go to BB..... so I might somehow unintentionally neglected him... so taking this time to make up in advance lo.
Taking care a new life will be a never-ending learning journey... I watched the drama - 'Tiger Mom' and I liked it very much. Be it a newborn, toddler or teenager. it is so much of a challenge every now and then.
Wahaha!! I already neglected my hub ever since my no1 is out. LOL~~
I watched Tiger Mom on and off =P no time to watch. If my girl got a chance to sleep before 9pm I will jump into bed straight.
If can rest faster rest~ If not when bb is out, don't know when will have the chance to rest again.
Last time I don't believe it now I regretted. Have my no1 I didn't rest enough =P

I went to Dr. Hii cause the one at chong pang has no slots at all. Next available slot is 12th May...

Everything is good for now. Went for a scan as well. Can see the LO moving about. So exciting! :)

Wahaha!! I already neglected my hub ever since my no1 is out. LOL~~
I watched Tiger Mom on and off =P no time to watch. If my girl got a chance to sleep before 9pm I will jump into bed straight.
If can rest faster rest~ If not when bb is out, don't know when will have the chance to rest again.
Last time I don't believe it now I regretted. Have my no1 I didn't rest enough =P

You have my admiration ... to you as well as to those who are already a mom. Like what you have said, sometime, i'm so sleepy that I missed the show.. But I tried to catch it on toggle on ipad when i'm outside.

I have been worrying since my previous scan at week 5. Wondering whether my bb still has the heart beat... really worry... but gotta to be strong.

You have my admiration ... to you as well as to those who are already a mom. Like what you have said, sometime, i'm so sleepy that I missed the show.. But I tried to catch it on toggle on ipad when i'm outside.

I have been worrying since my previous scan at week 5. Wondering whether my bb still has the heart beat... really worry... but gotta to be strong.
I can understand the feeling. When I expecting my no1 I also keep thinking whether bb still has heart beat? Wait until 16weeks - 20weeks when u can feel bb movement u wont be so panic. Hehe. By then everyday count the number of movement. =)

I have a friend that intro me to fertility centre, and share me a lot of info...like eat this vitamin, tat vitamin...
We both doing scan and test and share result....
But she now don't know I'm pregnant...I'm a bit sorry to her

Reason:
(1) Worry she is over stress, coz she doing Ren Gong Shou Yun now... and she taking half year leave to relax her mood wait to be conceive
(2) Not yet 3 month I only tell to those very very closed or mom/mom-to-be

Hi mummies

What can I do to help ease my indigestion or uncomfy tummy?

Drink hot stuff, don't get urself hungry...

I'm eating bread today whole day...

If you feel fan wei you can eat some plum, anyway...coz I'm keep vomiting sour out...so if I eat plum will think back those feel I vomit, so I not really eat much plum.
Just biscut and sweet....

Just an update:
I'm in week 9+ now.

My week 4+ - week 9 stage
(1) Feel vomit every 1 or 2 hour...vomit sour water.....feel sleepy all the time, wish don't wan to work, just lye on bed evyday, sleep 7pm+. Midnight will wake up drink hot stuff
(2) Getting better like 1 day only vomit 4-5 times, still sour water....sleepy but not tat serious from stage 1, midnight can sleep tight if eat full
(3) NOW: Morning to Afternoon, vomit 3 times (more bloated, little sour) , but 5pm - 7pm have serious vomit like wanna vomit out all the stuff in your stomach, mostly are food, vomit till gastric chou jin....

My mom cooked me everyday last 2 week and so my dinner I never vomit out.
Now my mom is left and work as CL for other people, I have to continue my fried rice day or self prepare food.
Outside food too oily and heavy and I feel I have serious vomit after eat.

How about you all? and I feel I don't like drink water...so my hubby prepare me Hong Zhao water, or I will have those instant ginger water to mixed with plain water.

Vomit mean baby stay healthy - this what I console myself, lolz

Just an update:
I'm in week 9+ now.

(1) Feel vomit every 1 or 2 hour...vomit sour water.....feel sleepy all the time, wish don't wan to work, just lye on bed evyday, sleep 7pm+. Midnight will wake up drink hot stuff
(2) Getting better like 1 day only vomit 4-5 times, still sour water....sleepy but not tat serious from stage 1, midnight can sleep tight if eat full
(3) NOW: Morning to Afternoon, vomit 3 times (more bloated, little sour) , but 5pm - 7pm have serious vomit like wanna vomit out all the stuff in your stomach, mostly are food, vomit till gastric chou jin....

Now my mom is left and work as CL for other people, I have to continue my fried rice day or self prepare food.

How about you all? and I feel I don't like drink water...so my hubby prepare me Hong Zhao water, or I will have those instant ginger water to mixed with plain water.

Jiayou. Vomit means bb is healthy. Now I suffer from headache. Hehe. Still will vomit but not as bad as vomiting daily like previous time.
Maybe wait another 13 weeks onwards will be better. Jiayou.

Drink hot stuff, don't get urself hungry...

I'm eating bread today whole day...

If you feel fan wei you can eat some plum, anyway...coz I'm keep vomiting sour out...so if I eat plum will think back those feel I vomit, so I not really eat much plum.
Just biscut and sweet....

I already try to eat whenever I am hungry but the after feeling is meh... Can be v uncomfy. :(

Sour plum doesn't really work on me, more of mint...

anyone gain weight already? a first time MTB but already gained 2kg in my wk 13/14

I think i gain the most here... it all attributes to my extreme hunger every 2 hours from week 6 to week 10. I wld auto wake up at 2+am, 4+am and 6+am every night cos my stomach will be so hungry that i haf to eat if not i will vomit. 2 more days to 14 weeks n my weight gain is 3+ kg... trying very hard to control my diet now. I gain 33kg for my 1st pregnancy n im short.

I will get those travel motion sickness especially after a meal. Need to rest at least an hour or two. Hence my dinner would be those super early hours. I find eating small meals do help.

For drinks, I'm not keen in plain water... So I will drink whatever that can hydrate me, be it cool or hot drink... Honey, soya drink etc. I just don want to be dehydrated during these super hot period.

In my bag, I will have a plastic bag just in case of vomiting which getting lesser, all sorts of candies or sweets to cater different tastes within a day when I'm out.

I dare not weight myself .. Haha.

my nausea is better aft 12wks. dun feel nausea already. but still vomit at times cos of my v bad cough.
i've been eating small meals but still constantly hungry.... so i still gained weight even thou i vomit out my food quite often... gynae said still managed to gain weight thou i m nausea not bad at all....

I think it's more of unbalance inside since she's also trying to conceive but no luck yet bah....

Agree... ive been thru that too. Tried to conceive for so long n seems like my frens n colls ard me gets preggy so easily. I nv avoid them... i feels happy for them but feels upset for myself...
I will get those travel motion sickness especially after a meal. Need to rest at least an hour or two. Hence my dinner would be those super early hours. I find eating small meals do help.

For drinks, I'm not keen in plain water... So I will drink whatever that can hydrate me, be it cool or hot drink... Honey, soya drink etc. I just don want to be dehydrated during these super hot period.

In my bag, I will have a plastic bag just in case of vomiting which getting lesser, all sorts of candies or sweets to cater different tastes within a day when I'm out.

I dare not weight myself .. Haha.

I refuse to weigh at home too but its part of the routine test during gynae visits so bobian.. must "mian dui xian shi"... haha...

Hello ladies,I'm back! Been very tired and busy at work so not been actively participating here.
Am finally in my week 12,just did my Oscar today. I think I can finally relax a little cos keep worrying about the little one since I heard of a few Mc happening around me....

Btw,who do I pm to join the FB group?

I at my 11weeks still vomiting after dinner... I took cab to work and back home. Really cannot stand the long journey back home. Feeling terrible too... But I am looking for improvement since reaching 12 weeks soon.

Just an update:
I'm in week 9+ now.

I also not keen in plain water. Plain water make me feel nausea. I have been trying to take 100 plus, packet full cream milk, yakult, drinks that made me feel better. But sometimes still vomited. I feel extremely tired after the vomiting and have been taking the nausea pill everyday to avoid excessive vomiting.

Back