IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Am under dr tan and this is my third fresh. First was at nuh under prof pc wong uaing gonal f in 2013. Only got 7 eggs from left ovary 4 matured 3 fertilized. Failed. 2nd under dr hh tan 2014 using puregon ans menopur. Got 16 eggs 10 matured and 2 fertilized. Successful pregnancy but eneded in miscarriage on week 7. Started stim last wed. On 450 pergoveris. Today is day 6 stim. Having bad cold since morning. First time sick during stim. Just taking alot of water. Tomorrow day 7 scan at kk.

@mesara, we can be cycle buddies!! Just started stim today and am prescribed with d ovulation blocker med and 175 puregon. This is also my 3rd fresh and hopes all go well. I rem my last few cycles are down with flu just b4 ET. So take care n drink lotsa water!

Hi, jas249,

Some additional info for u..
For my fresh #1 in 2011, I collected my last 2 embryos in Dec 2014. I was v worried like u but my warriors hang on tight & both survived the thaw @ grade 3 (they were frozen @ grade 4). But stil bfn lah..

My fren on the other hand, thaw 2. Only 1 survived, & was after 1 additional day of thawing.. End up bfp.. So, reali, all not within our control.. We can only have faith & pray..

My FET in dec - I was oso given standard 3 days HL (note, mine was written hL) by kkh. Then I went back to work some days, took leave some other days.. To let myself stay sane during the 2ww.. If u wan, u can try request for longer HL.. If the Dr ok, kkh ll give too..

Btw, after ur review w Dr Tan, can let me know when he suggest ur FET to b? I failed my fresh #2 in mar cycle. Wonder if I Shld do FeT in may or jun?
Hi queenie122009, dr tan suggested me to do natural FET in May n he has also arranged a fresh cycle for me in June...coz im running out of time for the grant...

But after 2nd tot, i was thinking to change to medicated FET after discussing wif the staff nurse at kkivf centre...she is v gd, patient n explained in v detailed. Her name is Sara...she wl help me to chk wif dr tan if i can change to medicated FET...

Hi Kimchi-ger, there r 2 types of FET, natural FET n medicated FET.

Natural is w/o med but alot of monitoring is required...like more scans to monitor follicles size, lining n oso need to test urine to determine ovulation. However, medicated FET means using oral med to help to build lining...heard fm the nurse that the med oso help to surpress the follicle growth...thus a much hassle free method as no need to monitor ur ovulation though scan is still required to monitor the lining...

And i heard natural FET has a higher chance to abort the cycle if we hv ovulated...

Btw, dr tan oso suggested me to do endo scratch b4 my FET...

Hi Kimchi-ger, there r 2 types of FET, natural FET n medicated FET.

Natural is w/o med but alot of monitoring is required...like more scans to monitor follicles size, lining n oso need to test urine to determine ovulation. However, medicated FET means using oral med to help to build lining...heard fm the nurse that the med oso help to surpress the follicle growth...thus a much hassle free method as no need to monitor ur ovulation though scan is still required to monitor the lining...

And i heard natural FET has a higher chance to abort the cycle if we hv ovulated...

Btw, dr tan oso suggested me to do endo scratch b4 my FET...
To add on, it will means you still need to wait for AF to come before you start your scheduled natural FET or medicated FET which doc will have discussed with you beforehand which you are going for already.

Hi queenie122009, dr tan suggested me to do natural FET in May n he has also arranged a fresh cycle for me in June...coz im running out of time for the grant...

But after 2nd tot, i was thinking to change to medicated FET after discussing wif the staff nurse at kkivf centre...she is v gd, patient n explained in v detailed. Her name is Sara...she wl help me to chk wif dr tan if i can change to medicated FET...
I not sure abt the effectiveness of both but medicated FET will definitely be more hassle free :)
And doc can 'time' the ET session too.

Hi CTTC, 2 hr apart when u take western med n TCM. For me, i normally take folic n Blackmores conceive well first b4 i take my TCM..

Thanks jas249, is it possible to be 1.5h or strictly 2h? I have to take TCM first cos TCM said take after meal :(

hi jas249, if given a choice again, I would have opted for medicated FET. During then, I wanted my body to rest and try to go drug-free. But after going through natural FET, it was pretty pretty tedious for me . I was literally camping out at KKH almost on every alternate days. So my routine was scan, review, OPK test. Very time consuming. Plus, sometimes the review doc appears to be uncertain with my scan results at times. And it doesn't help that my cycles are generally longer and I ovulate later. Well, they also don't want to miss my critical O timing so they did ask me if I'm ok to go back again. So maybe that explains why. Anyways, almost had to abort the cycle but I managed to work on my lining and made it for FET which unfortunately didn't give me a BFP. But that's just me and my body. Of coz there are other sisters out there whom BFP on natural FET. Whichever option you decide to take, hope it gives you a BFP result! Good luck!

Thanks jas249, is it possible to be 1.5h or strictly 2h? I have to take TCM first cos TCM said take after meal :(
Hi CTTC, i was told that the gap has to be 2hr bet TCM n western med...so better follow strictly 2hr...but sometimes i dun reali take immediately after meal..

hi jas249, if given a choice again, I would have opted for medicated FET. During then, I wanted my body to rest and try to go drug-free. But after going through natural FET, it was pretty pretty tedious for me . I was literally camping out at KKH almost on every alternate days. So my routine was scan, review, OPK test. Very time consuming. Plus, sometimes the review doc appears to be uncertain with my scan results at times. And it doesn't help that my cycles are generally longer and I ovulate later. Well, they also don't want to miss my critical O timing so they did ask me if I'm ok to go back again. So maybe that explains why. Anyways, almost had to abort the cycle but I managed to work on my lining and made it for FET which unfortunately didn't give me a BFP. But that's just me and my body. Of coz there are other sisters out there whom BFP on natural FET. Whichever option you decide to take, hope it gives you a BFP result! Good luck!
Hi milogal88, thanks v much for ur sharing n ur blessings!!! :)

Im still waiting for the nurse to call me...she is supposed to call me today but still not yet...i try to call her tmr...i hope dr tan wl change mine to medicated FET...i can't afford to take so many off for the scans..i guess i wl b too stress if i do natural FET. :(

To add on, it will means you still need to wait for AF to come before you start your scheduled natural FET or medicated FET which doc will have discussed with you beforehand which you are going for already.
Hi Labbitzz, yes...still need to wait for AF in may to start the FET.

Btw, r u doing fresh or FET?

@mesara, we can be cycle buddies!! Just started stim today and am prescribed with d ovulation blocker med and 175 puregon. This is also my 3rd fresh and hopes all go well. I rem my last few cycles are down with flu just b4 ET. So take care n drink lotsa water!
I started stim last week. So we are a week apart. Both os us same third fresh hehe. I supposed to do intralipud but cannot liao coz of the flu. Yest fever 38.5 but after take medicine immediately subside. Hope didnt affect follicles. V scared. I think most likely trigger tomorrow or fri. Coz follicles big liao on day 7 stim. I will go for scan tomorrow at kk. Is trigger done a day or two before er huh? Forgot

Thanks. I cannot tolerate anymore, must go n take panadol. I hope I dun get this headache everyday! 6 more days to go.
Meganl think pergoveris stim faster le. The follicles grew fast with pergoveris. Hope your headache gets better. Try to tahan and dont pop too many panadols.

I started stim last week. So we are a week apart. Both os us same third fresh hehe. I supposed to do intralipud but cannot liao coz of the flu. Yest fever 38.5 but after take medicine immediately subside. Hope didnt affect follicles. V scared. I think most likely trigger tomorrow or fri. Coz follicles big liao on day 7 stim. I will go for scan tomorrow at kk. Is trigger done a day or two before er huh? Forgot

D fever is prob due to d meds. You nvr drink enuff water huh? If i din rem wrongly, i tink trigger is 48 hrs before ER.

D fever is prob due to d meds. You nvr drink enuff water huh? If i din rem wrongly, i tink trigger is 48 hrs before ER.
People at work were sick sneezing arpund and I got the bug. Dont think its the meds. After seeing doc and popping 2 panadols fever gone. Now sweating like anything...am drinking loads of water liao. Tummy already bloated.

Thanks a lot, a lot for ur update.. Juz to check, ur previous cycle is Feb 2015 menses? Mine is Mar 2015 which means my FET shld b June? How old r u, btw? I tot u r quite young wor :)

How many scans for medicated FET Huh? Need jabs?

My BFP in 2011 is a natural FET

My Dec 2014 BFN is a natural FET too.. But Tt said, in 2014, my AF cycle was v short, like 25days so I ovulate quite early.. & hor, the team doc + nurse were not v absolutely sure if I ovulated anot when they decided to send me for ET. Medicated no need bother if we ovulated right? Perhaps I may wan to ask Dr Tan to let me go medicated too.. See wat he says..

Example, ER plan on Monday morning, trigger will be Saturday night..

Example, ER plan on Monday morning, trigger will be Saturday night..

Yah.. this is a clear illustration! Lol

But i tot if dr not sure whether we ovulate, usually they would recommend medicated FET? Dr tan did medicated for me coz i am not sure if i ovulate (even tho mine is a 28 -30 days cycle).

Thanks a lot, a lot for ur update.. Juz to check, ur previous cycle is Feb 2015 menses? Mine is Mar 2015 which means my FET shld b June? How old r u, btw? I tot u r quite young wor :)

How many scans for medicated FET Huh? Need jabs?

My BFP in 2011 is a natural FET

My Dec 2014 BFN is a natural FET too.. But Tt said, in 2014, my AF cycle was v short, like 25days so I ovulate quite early.. & hor, the team doc + nurse were not v absolutely sure if I ovulated anot when they decided to send me for ET. Medicated no need bother if we ovulated right? Perhaps I may wan to ask Dr Tan to let me go medicated too.. See wat he says..
Yes Queenie...my previous is end Feb af...For me i can't do apr coz my af came b4 my review wif dr tan...so i think u still can do may cycle if ur review is b4 ur may af...u can chk this wif dr tan...btw, my grant expiring this sept..hope to bfp soon..

Im not sure of the scan for medicated FET. But looks like is much hassle free as compared to natural FET. No jabs though juz some oral med to take fm day 4 to day 9 if im not wrong..yaya...no need to monitor ovulation..

how's your scan today? good?
Scan was good...eggies growing slow and steady...need to jab till sunday then monday review again. Hopefully monday can trigger. I thought tomorrow should be able to trigger. Coz I am also seeing dr loh at tmc and he mentioned on wed that mon good for egg pickup. Different scan machines different results. I had a 18mm on right on wed at thomson. At kk cannot find 18mm biggest only 13.5. Lining was 10mm at tmc on wed but kk today say 9mm. Have to follow kk as no choice do here. Hope all will go well.

Scan was good...eggies growing slow and steady...need to jab till sunday then monday review again. Hopefully monday can trigger. I thought tomorrow should be able to trigger. Coz I am also seeing dr loh at tmc and he mentioned on wed that mon good for egg pickup. Different scan machines different results. I had a 18mm on right on wed at thomson. At kk cannot find 18mm biggest only 13.5. Lining was 10mm at tmc on wed but kk today say 9mm. Have to follow kk as no choice do here. Hope all will go well.

Thanks for sharing. Didn't know different scan machines at different centres could result in these differences... Hmmm

@milogal88 Hihi, went to see my usual TCM today, told her I'm going for 2nd IVF in July. She gave some medicine n ask both me n hubby to do acupuncture next mth when we see her again. Previously only my hubby do the acupuncture. I would like know how long did u do the acupuncture? Until ER? Meanwhile she said we can still take the usual herbs med. but stop when I start to jab. Any of u seeing TCM b4 or during IVF? Appreciate if u can share some info, thx thx...!

@milogal88 Hihi, went to see my usual TCM today, told her I'm going for 2nd IVF in July. She gave some medicine n ask both me n hubby to do acupuncture next mth when we see her again. Previously only my hubby do the acupuncture. I would like know how long did u do the acupuncture? Until ER? Meanwhile she said we can still take the usual herbs med. but stop when I start to jab. Any of u seeing TCM b4 or during IVF? Appreciate if u can share some info, thx thx...!

Hihi @joeykw, I've been seeing TCM with acupuncture since May last year before I embarked on my 1st fresh in July. The only breaks I take was during AF where acupuncture is a no no & when I failed my cycles while waiting for THH review on the next course of action. Basically I go for accupuncture twice weekly. Then during stimulation stage right after my AF clears, I go for daily sessions. So that might be like 5 or 6 sessions until the day before ER. After ER to rest then on the day right before ET, 1 session to go and then right after ET, it will be the final session. For this final session, it will be poking of hands & legs only. And then just rest & wait for 2ww. So I normally let the kkhivfc nurse know so they always try to slot me late morning slots then I will zoom to my TCM first & on time for ET.

My TCM also stop all herbs during stimulation stage. But I heard dr zou from AMK does accupuncture even after ET during 2WW. Reckoned not a lot of TCM practice that but seems like a fair bit of ladies do get their BFP with her.

Hihi @joeykw, I've been seeing TCM with acupuncture since May last year before I embarked on my 1st fresh in July. The only breaks I take was during AF where acupuncture is a no no & when I failed my cycles while waiting for THH review on the next course of action. Basically I go for accupuncture twice weekly. Then during stimulation stage right after my AF clears, I go for daily sessions. So that might be like 5 or 6 sessions until the day before ER. After ER to rest then on the day right before ET, 1 session to go and then right after ET, it will be the final session. For this final session, it will be poking of hands & legs only. And then just rest & wait for 2ww. So I normally let the kkhivfc nurse know so they always try to slot me late morning slots then I will zoom to my TCM first & on time for ET.

My TCM also stop all herbs during stimulation stage. But I heard dr zou from AMK does accupuncture even after ET during 2WW. Reckoned not a lot of TCM practice that but seems like a fair bit of ladies do get their BFP with her.
@milogal88 thx! may I know what is your stage now? My IVF is in July so TCM said can start doing acupuncture now... Keep fingers crossed! Oh ya I start drinking red bean soup, yet to try red date longan chicken hehe.

@milogal88 thx! may I know what is your stage now? My IVF is in July so TCM said can start doing acupuncture now... Keep fingers crossed! Oh ya I start drinking red bean soup, yet to try red date longan chicken hehe.

@joeykw , I'm at 'waiting AF to come' stage! Hehehe....but should be anytime soon coz had spotting already & I feel a sense of déjà vu coz I still rem clearly for my 1st fresh, AF came on Sat late morning & I quickly called up kkhivfc as I'm not sure if I should head down for scan or wait till Monday. I was afraid of missing out the start day for stim. Turns out it's ok to start stim on day 3 too.

For RBS I only drink nearer to the IVF cycles to build up lining. But lining too thick also cannot so gota agaration yourself ya. LRD drink is ok to drink daily to keep womb warm but make sure your body can take it coz some ladies end up sore throat coz too heaty for them. Yup yup it's a good time to start Accupuncutre for you now. But how come previously you didn't do acupuncture ?

Yes Queenie...my previous is end Feb af...For me i can't do apr coz my af came b4 my review wif dr tan...so i think u still can do may cycle if ur review is b4 ur may af...u can chk this wif dr tan...btw, my grant expiring this sept..hope to bfp soon..

Im not sure of the scan for medicated FET. But looks like is much hassle free as compared to natural FET. No jabs though juz some oral med to take fm day 4 to day 9 if im not wrong..yaya...no need to monitor ovulation..
think i only went 3 scans in total for medicated FET. once lining abt 8 they will schedule ET and you dont have to go for scan already. oral med continues even in tww. just dosage reduction.

think i only went 3 scans in total for medicated FET. once lining abt 8 they will schedule ET and you dont have to go for scan already. oral med continues even in tww. just dosage reduction.
Hi Labbitzz, thanks for sharing!!! Oral med n progestrone insert during 2ww? Btw, i hv changed mine to medicated FET le..:)

@joeykw , I'm at 'waiting AF to come' stage! Hehehe....but should be anytime soon coz had spotting already & I feel a sense of déjà vu coz I still rem clearly for my 1st fresh, AF came on Sat late morning & I quickly called up kkhivfc as I'm not sure if I should head down for scan or wait till Monday. I was afraid of missing out the start day for stim. Turns out it's ok to start stim on day 3 too.

For RBS I only drink nearer to the IVF cycles to build up lining. But lining too thick also cannot so gota agaration yourself ya. LRD drink is ok to drink daily to keep womb warm but make sure your body can take it coz some ladies end up sore throat coz too heaty for them. Yup yup it's a good time to start Accupuncutre for you now. But how come previously you didn't do acupuncture ?
@milogal88 erm.... I also not sure why TCM didn't ask me to do ACUP earlier on, I didn't ask also la. Yesterday when I told her we are going 2nd IVF then she said start to do ACUP. We started TCM after 1st cycle failed in end 2013. Then 2014 we started seeing TCM till now, in between we changed 1 TCM as the 1st macam not so prof. Waiting for AF to come sort of anxious sia, my 1st cycle also same thing not sure to go or not to go. But the nurse did say when it full flow so even day 2 or 3 is fine, don't be too stress ya. Wish u all d best... Give u all support & love... We jia you oh! Hugs...

@milogal88 erm.... I also not sure why TCM didn't ask me to do ACUP earlier on, I didn't ask also la. Yesterday when I told her we are going 2nd IVF then she said start to do ACUP. We started TCM after 1st cycle failed in end 2013. Then 2014 we started seeing TCM till now, in between we changed 1 TCM as the 1st macam not so prof. Waiting for AF to come sort of anxious sia, my 1st cycle also same thing not sure to go or not to go. But the nurse did say when it full flow so even day 2 or 3 is fine, don't be too stress ya. Wish u all d best... Give u all support & love... We jia you oh! Hugs...

@joeykw tks for all the support & love!! Yeah let's hang on & 加油 together! Anyways AF finally came late morning & I called Kkhivfc so going in for scan on Monday. Strangely, I actually feel more scared as compared to the 1st time. Maybe coz I'll be on other medications this time. Damn scared got side effects! Haha....oh wells :mad:

Ok la...TCM is like finding a gyne. Must feel comfy with them. I think I changed like 4 before deciding to stay on with current one. But sometimes there's so much we can do/eat/drink. Ultimately it's really all about luck & timing. So Chin up head up & pray!! Hehe

@joeykw tks for all the support & love!! Yeah let's hang on & 加油 together! Anyways AF finally came late morning & I called Kkhivfc so going in for scan on Monday. Strangely, I actually feel more scared as compared to the 1st time. Maybe coz I'll be on other medications this time. Damn scared got side effects! Haha....oh wells :mad:

Ok la...TCM is like finding a gyne. Must feel comfy with them. I think I changed like 4 before deciding to stay on with current one. But sometimes there's so much we can do/eat/drink. Ultimately it's really all about luck & timing. So Chin up head up & pray!! Hehe
@milogal88 my AF also came today, cramp like hell... Hubby was disappointed when I said DYM came again! Even we decided to go for IVF but still we trying hard, must always hope for the best! Don't be scared, 加油! Keep me posted ya

Hi Labbitzz, thanks for sharing!!! Oral med n progestrone insert during 2ww? Btw, i hv changed mine to medicated FET le..:)
i didnt take progestrone due to bad experience in my last cycle so they changed to gel insert this time. twice a day only. (take note difference in cost is very high).

they will start u for the inserts two days before ET and they told me to skip in the morn of ET day. after ET then go bck hm then insert.

yes, both oral med and insert continues during tww.

hee.. my natural FET was aborted last mnth. personally i feel medicated FET dont take up so much time.

i didnt take progestrone due to bad experience in my last cycle so they changed to gel insert this time. twice a day only. (take note difference in cost is very high).

they will start u for the inserts two days before ET and they told me to skip in the morn of ET day. after ET then go bck hm then insert.

yes, both oral med and insert continues during tww.

hee.. my natural FET was aborted last mnth. personally i feel medicated FET dont take up so much time.
Hi Labbitzz, may i know how much is the price diff? 2 insert, is it onli in the morn n nite? No insert required in the afternoon, is it? Thanks

Hi Labbitzz, may i know how much is the price diff? 2 insert, is it onli in the morn n nite? No insert required in the afternoon, is it? Thanks
6 capsules of progestrone probably cost abt $5 a day. 2 tubes of crinone gel insert is like $23+ a day. so take it as abt 1:5 times the cost difference.

yes afternoon no need, just morn and night. but you need to walk around after gel insert. (pill insert is different, you need to lie dwn for 5-10mins)

Yah.. this is a clear illustration! Lol

But i tot if dr not sure whether we ovulate, usually they would recommend medicated FET? Dr tan did medicated for me coz i am not sure if i ovulate (even tho mine is a 28 -30 days cycle).

I tink I do ovulate. Juz tt when I did my natural FEt, lining was ok, follicles sizes were ok, then they made me do Opk. & they were hesitant with the results of the Opk.. I muz clarify with Dr Tan during my review this week..

6 capsules of progestrone probably cost abt $5 a day. 2 tubes of crinone gel insert is like $23+ a day. so take it as abt 1:5 times the cost difference.

yes afternoon no need, just morn and night. but you need to walk around after gel insert. (pill insert is different, you need to lie dwn for 5-10mins)
Hihi, Gel is a good idea. Im thinking of going back to work after ET so gel would be hassel free. Are there any other jab needs to be done during afternoon?

For those who have tried more than once, how do you decide if you want to take long or short protocol for your next cycle? Would doc advise or they will leave it for you to decide?

For those who have tried more than once, how do you decide if you want to take long or short protocol for your next cycle? Would doc advise or they will leave it for you to decide?

In my case, Dr gave recommendations but leave it to me to decide. E.g. He proposed a short protocol for my 3rd fresh, but coz i bfp-ed through a long protocol, i asked for advice if long protocol would be more suitable. That's when he explained the differences and i decided to follow his recommendation. I think dr's recommendation would also depend on the results of the various test, age and body conditions bah. Anyway, i also bfp-ed during the thaw cycle after my 2nd fresh which was a short cycle, just that i lost it at week 8. Guess it doesn't make much diff for me.

Hihi, Gel is a good idea. Im thinking of going back to work after ET so gel would be hassel free. Are there any other jab needs to be done during afternoon?
no jabs: )
after ET u just nd to take one time antibiotics only after lunch.

the rest are oral med once a day. gel insert twice a day till yr BT.

Dear all, is been ages since im here..
a little history of myself married for 13 yrs and did once IVF in 2012 but end up in chemical pregnancy.
My complications: overwt, right blocked tube,low AMH, not ovulating and irregular menses etc.. My first IVF doc is Dr Sadhana but i tried to change to Doc Tah HH since i know alot of ladies here bfp under him so i change and see if i got better luck.

My IVF should be early june and im takeing Nor-E for 1 week to make the menses come and then need to take Nor-E on D2 prior to IVF for 21 days and once the next menses is here i should will start stimulating.
Will be in short protocol and using Gonal-F. Please bless me and if i have any cycling buddy with me?

As this is my second round and i have pass 2 years so need to do some revision on what we have to do or take during this period? Im taking TCM from Dr Zou but change to Dr CQM and taking DHEA since i cant yield much eggs the last round.

Dear all, is been ages since im here..
a little history of myself married for 13 yrs and did once IVF in 2012 but end up in chemical pregnancy.
My complications: overwt, right blocked tube,low AMH, not ovulating and irregular menses etc.. My first IVF doc is Dr Sadhana but i tried to change to Doc Tah HH since i know alot of ladies here bfp under him so i change and see if i got better luck.

My IVF should be early june and im takeing Nor-E for 1 week to make the menses come and then need to take Nor-E on D2 prior to IVF for 21 days and once the next menses is here i should will start stimulating.
Will be in short protocol and using Gonal-F. Please bless me and if i have any cycling buddy with me?

As this is my second round and i have pass 2 years so need to do some revision on what we have to do or take during this period? Im taking TCM from Dr Zou but change to Dr CQM and taking DHEA since i cant yield much eggs the last round.
hihi wondersss, it is great to hear from you once again. get to know you when i was in 2WW-for those TTC-ing thread previously. tot u are with TSB previously? I will be embarking my first short protocol ivf in early may. Gd luck to u!

Back