Need recommendations on Childcare Centres in Hougang Area

babymomo

Hi Mummies

Im planning to enrol my 20M old Gal to childcare centre next year . Im looking for centres in Hougang Area ( im staying near Hougang St 91 ). Currently the nearest centres : AceKidz and St Elmos. Any mummies have kids in these centres ? Pls advise... i also not sure whether to enrol my gal for half or full day ?

Pls help....

Hi Cheryl,

I'm also staying at Hougang St.91. Have u checked on the childcare centres? Coz I thought most of them would be fully booked, as I think I've checked a few months back last time.

Hi Shirley

Sorry for the late reply.

I plan to enrol my gal to Acekidz ( the one located at Blk 924 ) I have visted their centre . So far me n hubby quite comfortable with the place. The one at Blk 927 ( St Elmo ) i doesnt quite like the place. How old is your child ?

Hi Cheryl,

i am staying at hougang too and looking around for preschool. Sent my kid to Montekidz at hougang recently but he had bad experience and me too.

How is Acekidz so far?

Hi Lili Gal

My gal havent start at Acekidz. She will only start next Jan. How old is your child ? I went to Acekidz to see the environment etc.. i quite like it.

Montekidz is located at where ? Bad experience ? How come ?

Acekidz is full! ok.. that's another one down. this is scary scary....

montekidz at hougang green mall.

Acekidz full already .. so fast... i registered around Aug ... i kiasu.... There is one more St Elmo at blk 926 or 927... i dont like the environment...

Seem like u n your kid have bad experience with this Montekidz... So are u now seraching for new school ? I know there are schools near by hougang point too.

Can PM me what happend?

@cheryl... let me find out how to PM first. Hahha.

Do you happen to know of Christian schools nearby?

Hi Cheryl, yeah. replied. Didn't know it was that easy.
happy.gif

Perhaps mummies can consider Chen Su Lan Methodist childcare. Its In Serangoon Gardens and at the Turn off to CTE near to Besk Denki. It's under Chen Su Lan Methodist Home whereby they help the disadvantaged kids. The childcare is a separate division from the Home but using the same premise. It's super huge with own playground and canteen and like street soccer court. I love the place as my kid gets to move around and not being couped up Ina small tiny school. Fees is 330 after subsidy. I stay in hougang too and go by school bus. It's a small ChristIan childcare setting with a huge compound.

Hi Cheryl Chin,

Sorry for the late reply too. I didn't really check much on this thread. Acekidz isn't good. Sorry for not replying u or checking the thread earlier, otherwise won't recommend Acekidz to you.

I stay at Hougang St.91, but I put my son at GlobalKidz which is at Sheng Siong that side. It's further, but environment is better. Last time did consider Acekidz as that is the only few infant centre, but after checking at the infant at Sheng Siong side, we prefer the latter. Last time I had a conversation with a teacher who dunno works there before or has heard abt Acekidz. She said it is no good.

If u want somewhere at Hougang Point, you can try Carpe Diem. I think it is not bad. Last time almost got my son to go there but end up we chose to stick back to his old school.

hi, staying ard hougang area too.. looking for playgroup/kindergarten to enrol enxt yr. My child 16 mths. any recommendation? Thanks!

I am a Hougang Mummy too... Currently my son is in Rhymesland Educare at Hougang Ave 10 Blk 406, he has been there since 10mths as he started with infant care, so far so good. Not too crowded childcare, basic care is given , its a very simple set up childcare and preferable if you do not have high expectations. Fees are affordable too.

Hi mummies, I am staying in hougang St 91 also. Happened to see this thread and wondering how are your little one doing in school. I am intending to enrol for this year 2013 class and need some advice/feedback.

Thank you.

I wihtdrawn my little gal from Acekidz during 3rd day of the school reopen.. Bad bad experience... this haapend last year Jan. Because of this incident, she has phobia going to her Sat enrichment school.. sigh.. it took about 2 weeks to let her back to her usual happy face. I start enrol her to Tots House
( playgroup - 2 hr programme at blk 925 RC Centre ) since my mum is helping me to take care. Im glad that she love the school n teachers. I also love the teachers. Now my gal is 37 month.. she is attending Nursery at Jenius Kindergarten. My advice dun go Acekidz

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry to hear abt ur bad experience with acekidz, noted. Oh jenius is just at my Blk. Will go check it out.

Thanks!

Stephanie

I did enrol my gal to Acekidz when she was around 22month.. 2012 Jan - 1st day my gal keep crying I can understand... when me n hubby came back around 11am , we peep behind the centre.. i saw my poor gal at a corner standing n crying . No teacher to attend. We went to the centre n told them I wan pick up my child. I ask them how come she is standing there alone. Principal said my gal dun wan mix around and she said no worry she got put a teacher nearby to make sure my gal dun hit or bang into things. Inside my heart, is this how u take care ? I saw quite a few teachers but there isnt anyone attending to my gal. As a child care centre if u have a crying child, u should attend to the child.. let him / her open up. After we went home... i realised my poor gal water bottle straw was spoilt.. she was scared till she keep drinking the water n biting the straw. 2nd day.. my gal do not want to go in the centre at all.. she keep crying. With no choice i withdraw. The principal told me i should continue... if not evem i out my gal to other centre she will also behave like this. Because of this incident, this make her scared of going to her usual weekend phonics class. It took her a week to get used to her phonics class again. Apart from weekend class , she never attend to any classes till last year June I enrol her to Tots House ( 2 hr prog playgroup ). Initally my gal dun wan go in but the moment she enter the class n saw the toys.. she is ok... everyday look forward to school.. she really enjoyed the class n teachers. I really like it too. Now she go to Jenuis Kindergarten for Nursery. My advice dun go to Acekidz.

ohh i feel you.. and yeah you're right.. whats the purpose of resuming her studies at Acekidz if she cant find happiness on that place.. you did the right thing..
happy.gif
im happy that you finally make up your decision..
happy.gif

Mummies, I need to enrol my child when he is 16m. Any recommendation for Hougang area? Thanks

Hi, I am looking at School house by the garden, Cambridge, little tree house. Any mummy here can share some experience or opinion? appreciate. thanks

I send my boy to treasure box at perry avenue... It's an awesome and the teachers are attentive and my boy learn a lot from them.

Went to visit Acekidz at Hougang St 91 yesterday..... will not enroll to this centre due to poor environment..The centre manager Ms Wendy doesn't look friendly AT ALL..she showed only playgroup area and never bother to show me around with other facilities. I only spend less than 2 mins and I left..The worst CC among CC I have visited:confused:

Back